Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: 23K

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Oh c'mon CAA. You know all of the economic trends were positive before Trump got elected. You know his claim that he inherited a mess is absurd. I mean, PLEASE. This is not a plausibly debatable proposition.
1.6% economic growth (2016) is positive? :suspicious:
The general trend has been a growing economy. GDP grew by 2.3% in 2017 and 1.5% in 2016. But it grew by 2.9% in 2015 and 2.6% in 2014. There were ups and downs and variation. But the economy growing ty 2.3% in 2017 isn't a departure from the trend and variation that's been going on. GDP growth during 2017 was well within the range of variation in that measure during the 2010 through 2016 period.

One would not look at the numbers without knowing what was going on with respect to who was President and such and say, "Oh, something happened between 2016 and 2017 to change the trend." See https://www.thebalance.com/us-gdp-by-year-3305543.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

BTW, I don't think there is really cause and effect, but it's kind of funny given Trump's rhetoric as well as his actions that the highest GDP growth during 2010 through 2017 was 2.9% in 2015 when the big events for that year indicated in the table at https://www.thebalance.com/us-gdp-by-year-3305543 are the Trans Pacific Partnership and the Iran deal.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

But the commander-in-chief has been notably quiet on Twitter about something that used to be one of his favorite topics — the stock market.

The last time Trump posted about the market was more than three weeks ago, on February 7.

Trump used to tout every new record for the Dow and often took credit for the market's bull run.

CNN counted more than 60 tweets since the beginning of 2017 in which the president celebrated the market's gains and one new record high after another.

But it's probably no coincidence that Trump stopped tweeting about the stock market right about when the market had its first big sell-off in more than a year. The Dow fell by 1,000-points twice in a single week.

His February 7 tweet about the market was defensive. Trump said it was a "big mistake" for the market to go down on good economic news.
http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/02/news/co ... index.html
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)