Political discussions
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Trump Impeached

Post by CID1990 »

I think that every single bill brought forth by this House should be brought to a vote. Have every Congresscritter go on record where they stand. Have the Senate vote on every resolution these nuts produce. get them all on record where they stand. This should happen no matter who is in the majority.

Cocaine Mitch talking about bringing the New Green Deal resolution to a floor vote in the Senate was brilliant. Schumer was huffing and puffing
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

JohnStOnge wrote:I think that if the Republicans get the slightest indication that they can impeach him and get away with it politically with the nut jobs who voted for Trump during the Republican primaries they will do it. Impeaching Trump would, as you say, mean having a conservative Republican who is way more qualified and way more emotionally mature in the position. I have zero doubt that most of them would rather see Pence as President than Trump as President.

That doesn't mean I would. To me Pence destroyed his own credibility by associating himself with Trump. I think that If he were a person of integrity he wouldn't be in the position he's in right now because he never would have agreed to validate Trump by being his running mate. But I think the overwhelming majority if not ALL of the Republicans in Congress would, at this point, rather have Pence in the position than Trump.

The problem is there are still all those nut jobs who voted for Trump in primaries out there and the Republicans have to suck up to them. They're a minority of US Citizens. But, unfortunately for Republicans, they are a very big part of the Republican base.

If the Donks have even the glimmer of a clue the "I" word will not cross their lips. Best thing for them to do is keep drip, drip, dripping until October of '20.....force the Conks to remove him themselves or follow the train off the cliff. You know how much fun the Donks are having with this.. :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:I think that if the Republicans get the slightest indication that they can impeach him and get away with it politically with the nut jobs who voted for Trump during the Republican primaries they will do it. Impeaching Trump would, as you say, mean having a conservative Republican who is way more qualified and way more emotionally mature in the position. I have zero doubt that most of them would rather see Pence as President than Trump as President.

That doesn't mean I would. To me Pence destroyed his own credibility by associating himself with Trump. I think that If he were a person of integrity he wouldn't be in the position he's in right now because he never would have agreed to validate Trump by being his running mate. But I think the overwhelming majority if not ALL of the Republicans in Congress would, at this point, rather have Pence in the position than Trump.

The problem is there are still all those nut jobs who voted for Trump in primaries out there and the Republicans have to suck up to them. They're a minority of US Citizens. But, unfortunately for Republicans, they are a very big part of the Republican base.

If the Donks have even the glimmer of a clue the "I" word will not cross their lips. Best thing for them to do is keep drip, drip, dripping until October of '20.....force the Conks to remove him themselves or follow the train off the cliff. You know how much fun the Donks are having with this.. :lol:
You’re right -

And Nancy Pelosi knows it too - she’s got a worse job now than Ryan had... she’s trying to put together a legislative agenda while simultaneously trying to run herd on the moderates who voted for the ICE rider, to the nut jobs like that Jew baiter gal with the hijab and of course Congresswoman Pixie Dust Perfect Boobies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:
You’re right -

And Nancy Pelosi knows it too - she’s got a worse job now than Ryan had... she’s trying to put together a legislative agenda while simultaneously trying to run herd on the moderates who voted for the ICE rider, to the nut jobs like that Jew baiter gal with the hijab and of course Congresswoman Pixie Dust Perfect Boobies

:lol:

Somebody is going to have to keep politics interesting after Moscow Don goes down. :coffee:

Ten years from now the political landscape will be littered will the carcasses of Republicans whose inability to control their hate for a female that talks back caused them to underestimate her. If she can let herself be mentored by Nancy she'll be wiping her feet on Republican suits for decades.

(you talking about the one who got sworn in wearing thigh-high boots? She is smokin'...) :pray:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
You’re right -

Somebody is going to have to keep politics interesting after Moscow Don goes down. :coffee:

Ten years from now the political landscape will be littered will the carcasses of Republicans whose inability to control their hate for a female that talks back caused them to underestimate her. If she can let herself be mentored by Nancy she'll be wiping her feet on Republican suits for decades.

(you talking about the one who got sworn in wearing thigh-high boots? She is smokin'...) :pray:
Doubtful on several fronts

If she keeps up her district will go away <poof>

NY loses two districts in 2 years. She has already threatened two powerful NY Dems who will have indirect input on the process

The no negotiation, no prisoners approach of her faction is awfully reminiscent of the Tea Party - and like the Tea Party, her crowd will cut off their own noses to spite their faces. She’s actually implying that purple district Democrats could be primaried by far left candidates. I’m not sure how that math works out, but it sounds awfully like the “we’ll just pay for it, duh” fiscal strategy

I’m not sure how you and JSO think “underestimating” a freshman member of the useless House is going to mean a hill of beans.

Maybe she’ll tweet snarky things about Republicans... oof!
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:

Doubtful on several fronts

If she keeps up her district will go away <poof>

NY loses two districts in 2 years. She has already threatened two powerful NY Dems who will have indirect input on the process

The no negotiation, no prisoners approach of her faction is awfully reminiscent of the Tea Party - and like the Tea Party, her crowd will cut off their own noses to spite their faces. She’s actually implying that purple district Democrats could be primaried by far left candidates. I’m not sure how that math works out, but it sounds awfully like the “we’ll just pay for it, duh” fiscal strategy

I’m not sure how you and JSO think “underestimating” a freshman member of the useless House is going to mean a hill of beans.

Maybe she’ll tweet snarky things about Republicans... oof!
Long-term potential, bubba. Maybe they'll push her off a cliff before she learns the ropes but she is a natural politician like a good bartender should be and she's got the moxie. She's more of a natural than Pelosi is just like Bill is more of a natural than Hillary is even if she is twice as smart as him.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote:I think that every single bill brought forth by this House should be brought to a vote. Have every Congresscritter go on record where they stand. Have the Senate vote on every resolution these nuts produce. get them all on record where they stand. This should happen no matter who is in the majority.

Cocaine Mitch talking about bringing the New Green Deal resolution to a floor vote in the Senate was brilliant. Schumer was huffing and puffing
:nod:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:
You’re right -

:notworthy: :lol: :lol:

That is trademark worthy. :thumb:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

How soon will the hearings start???
It's very clear that the president obstructed justice," Democratic Rep. Jerrold Nadler told ABC Sunday. "It's very clear — 1,100 times he referred to the Mueller investigation as a witch hunt, he tried to — he fired — he tried to protect Flynn from being investigated by the FBI. He fired Comey in order to stop the Russian thing, as he told NBC News. He — he's dangled part — he's threat — he's intimidated witnesses. In public."
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... ment-is-on

The chairman of the House Judiciary committee says it’s very clear that the President obstructed justice...so, Nadler was asked the appropriate follow-up question...why haven’t you started the impeachment hearings???
We don't have the facts yet," Nadler said — a perplexing admission for a man who had just confidently enumerated the president's crimes."
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Col Hogan wrote:How soon will the hearings start???
It's very clear that the president obstructed justice," Democratic Rep. Jerrold Nadler told ABC Sunday. "It's very clear — 1,100 times he referred to the Mueller investigation as a witch hunt, he tried to — he fired — he tried to protect Flynn from being investigated by the FBI. He fired Comey in order to stop the Russian thing, as he told NBC News. He — he's dangled part — he's threat — he's intimidated witnesses. In public."

The chairman of the House Judiciary committee says it’s very clear that the President obstructed justice...so, Nadler was asked the appropriate follow-up question...why haven’t you started the impeachment hearings???
We don't have the facts yet," Nadler said — a perplexing admission for a man who had just confidently enumerated the president's crimes."
They haven't started impeachment hearings b/c, right now, there isn't a convincing argument that Trump should be impeached. It has to be convincing enough that his base would support it (and I don't see that happening.)

It would have to be pretty damning evidence for at least 18 Republicans to join the Democrats and convict him in the Senate.

I guess we'll see how many Republicans will stand up for country this week when they vote on the national emergency opposition bill. So far there are at least 4 that have the balls to tell Trump that he does NOT have the power to spend money. That power belongs to Congress, not the President.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote:

They haven't started impeachment hearings b/c, right now, there isn't a convincing argument that Trump should be impeached. It has to be convincing enough that his base would support it (and I don't see that happening.)

It would have to be pretty damning evidence for at least 18 Republicans to join the Democrats and convict him in the Senate.

I guess we'll see how many Republicans will stand up for country this week when they vote on the national emergency opposition bill. So far there are at least 4 that have the balls to tell Trump that he does NOT have the power to spend money. That power belongs to Congress, not the President.
The POTUS DOES have the power to soend $$ in certain cases (see some of the 59 prior cases of national emergencies delared by POTUSes since 1979. Whether Trump does or doesn’t in this case will ultimately be decided by SCOTUS..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Trump Impeached

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

The POTUS DOES have the power to soend $$ in certain cases (see some of the 59 prior cases of national emergencies delared by POTUSes since 1979. Whether Trump does or doesn’t in this case will ultimately be decided by SCOTUS..
POTUS doesn’t have power of the purse. I’m betting those certain cases didn’t allow the President to remove money appropriated for one thing and use it for something else. Most national emergencies have been prohibiting something or sanctions.

Regardless, the Constitution gives the power to spend to Congress. I thought Republicans were all for adhering to that document.

Last edited by Ibanez on Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: The POTUS DOES have the power to soend $$ in certain cases (see some of the 59 prior cases of national emergencies delared by POTUSes since 1979. Whether Trump does or doesn’t in this case will ultimately be decided by SCOTUS..
POTUS doesn’t have power of the purse.

And if SCOTUS doesn’t say no then he will in this case. We will have to wait amd see.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote: POTUS doesn’t have power of the purse.

And if SCOTUS doesn’t say no then he will in this case. We will have to wait amd see.
So I did a quick search.

32 ACTIVE National Emergencies, the majority of which are Sanctions. The 32 include providing legal protection during the Iraq War(BUSH 2), control over the export of WMDs(Clinton), in response to 9/11(BUSH2), the downing of planes by Cuba, divert money allocated for other programs to the building of the wall (Trump), sanctions on cyber criminals, 25 are various trade and economic sanctions and one transferred authority from POTUS to the Sec. of Defense.

Only Trumps NE is about removing money from other programs to pay for something. I did read all 32 in their entirety, just the high lights. But nowhere in any of the previous 31 active ones did I see any mention of taking money from 1 program to fund something else.

Of those that have ended, they mostly dealt with prohibiting trade, transactions with countries, but nothing saying that the POTUS is taking money from one thing for another.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

I thought this was a good breakdown.

phpBB [video]
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:

Actually

Pelosi and the rest of the Dem leadership are not going to impeach Trump but they are going to do everything that leads up to it and the climax will come just before the 2020 elections. They are going to hold hearings continually until then, and the Nancy will imply that since we are close to the election they’ll let the people decide

That’s really the only play here. The House COULD impeach Trump as they might have the votes, but it would be a gesture only. But if they rush to impeach without a strong case, she’ll lose a handful of purple state Dems and that would be a disaster

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Like I’ve been saying. I don’t see it happenwing

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

gotta get the whole story before considering impeachment, that will take until after the election, obviously
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Pelosi isn’t stupid.

She has a problem on her hands with the new Teabaggers in her caucus but she’ll figure out how to deal with them

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:Pelosi isn’t stupid.

She has a problem on her hands with the new Teabaggers in her caucus but she’ll figure out how to deal with them

Certainly. Pelosi has already given them crummy committee assignments and publicly rolled her eyes at certain things. I've said it a dozen times - Pelosi will weed out their crazy ideas for the most part and use the good ones, like AOC, for fundraising.

Meanwhile, how many times will Rep. Ilhan Omar get away with being an anti-Semite before facing consequences? Pelosi rebukes her, the Democrats are planning to do it again. Perhaps they are learning that some of our minorities can equally be as racist/sexist/bigoted/ everything other kind of -ist as anyone else. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote:

Certainly. Pelosi has already given them crummy committee assignments and publicly rolled her eyes at certain things. I've said it a dozen times - Pelosi will weed out their crazy ideas for the most part and use the good ones, like AOC, for fundraising.

Meanwhile, how many times will Rep. Ilhan Omar get away with being an anti-Semite before facing consequences? Pelosi rebukes her, the Democrats are planning to do it again. Perhaps they are learning that some of our minorities can equally be as racist/sexist/bigoted/ everything other kind of -ist as anyone else. :coffee:
How is she being anti-semitic?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Certainly. Pelosi has already given them crummy committee assignments and publicly rolled her eyes at certain things. I've said it a dozen times - Pelosi will weed out their crazy ideas for the most part and use the good ones, like AOC, for fundraising.

Apparently, she's saying Jews have incredible political influence in America and have allegiance to Israel, not 'Murica.
"I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is OK to push for allegiance to a foreign country,"

I honestly don't see it as clearly as others.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote:

Maybe, but I wouldn't bet a beer on it. :D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote:
kalm wrote:
Apparently, she's saying Jews have incredible political influence in America and have allegiance to Israel, not 'Murica.
"I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is OK to push for allegiance to a foreign country,"

Some are borderline in my opinion. She tends to spout off without thinking and it has bit her a few times. Her use hinting of anti-semitic Jewish tropes/sterotypes, which is probably not the correct decorum of a elected official. Other than that, I don't see much different in what she tweets and Trump.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote:
kalm wrote:

So she doesn't like threesomes.