Trump attorney Jay Sekulow’s family has been paid millions from charities they control

Political discussions
Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Tweetsee
A.K.A.: Evil & Nastie

Trump attorney Jay Sekulow’s family has been paid millions from charities they control

Post by Aho Old Guy »

:rofl:
:dunce:
:suspicious:
Trump personal lawyer
[snicker]
. . .
The Sekulow family ACLJ and CASE charities are not accredited by the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability, a financial standard-bearer for over 2,000 Christian charities nationwide.

Tax and nonprofit experts who reviewed recent disclosures by the charities’ at the request of The Post raised concerns about the family members’ salaries and said the charities do not meet the highest standards for transparency and accountability.

An ACLJ spokesman directed questions about how Sekulow would be compensated for his work defending Trump to the president’s legal team and then did not respond to subsequent messages. A spokesman for Trump’s legal team did not return emails or phone calls.
It's the Lord's work.
:notworthy: Praise The Lord (Pass The Loot) 'PTL' Club :notworthy:

Gosh. In Rightie Alt-Reality, and we're looking at you, Freedumb Caucus and your Tea Party knuckleheads, it's Springtime for fleecing the flock. Gimmee an Amen.

Make America Covfefe Again. Show us the 2017 Jessica Hahn ...
:o
Is that Trumps first wife?
"But the damned and the guiltiest among you are the men who had the capacity to know, yet chose to blank out reality, the men who were willing to sell their intelligence into cynical servitude..."
- John Galt
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Trump attorney Jay Sekulow’s family has been paid millions from charities they control

Post by 93henfan »

Attorneys working the system? Shocked, I tell ya!
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

Around 20+ years ago he represented my sister in a case of religious freedom in Arizona and did not charge anything. He was with the ACLJ at the time. It was a fairly big deal at the time as she hit a couple TV shows after it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Trump attorney Jay Sekulow’s family has been paid millions from charities they control

Post by CID1990 »

Im glad to see people are concerned about shady charitable organizations again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Is Sekulow related to Jim Bakker?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Aho Old Guy wrote::rofl:
:dunce:
Trump personal lawyer
[snicker]
. . .
The Sekulow family ACLJ and CASE charities are not accredited by the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability, a financial standard-bearer for over 2,000 Christian charities nationwide.

Tax and nonprofit experts who reviewed recent disclosures by the charities’ at the request of The Post raised concerns about the family members’ salaries and said the charities do not meet the highest standards for transparency and accountability.

An ACLJ spokesman directed questions about how Sekulow would be compensated for his work defending Trump to the president’s legal team and then did not respond to subsequent messages. A spokesman for Trump’s legal team did not return emails or phone calls.
It's the Lord's work.
:notworthy: Praise The Lord (Pass The Loot) 'PTL' Club :notworthy:

Gosh. In Rightie Alt-Reality, and we're looking at you, Freedumb Caucus and your Tea Party knuckleheads, it's Springtime for fleecing the flock. Gimmee an Amen.

Make America Covfefe Again. Show us the 2017 Jessica Hahn ...
:o
Is that Trumps first wife?
Garsh! When they take in millions from the Saudi's and then run for President, let me know. :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote:Is Sekulow related to Jim Bakker?
The PTL Club was fun watching back in the day. They even had their own theme park - must have been a hoot! :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

I must have missed the thread Aho started about Clinton's corruption in her foundation.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

BUT CLINTON!!!!
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Jjoey52 wrote:Around 20+ years ago he represented my sister in a case of religious freedom in Arizona and did not charge anything. He was with the ACLJ at the time. It was a fairly big deal at the time as she hit a couple TV shows after it.

Can I ask what the case was about?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:Is Sekulow related to Jim Bakker?
The PTL Club was fun watching back in the day. They even had their own theme park - must have been a hoot! :rofl:
Heritage USA, right here in Fort Mill, SC. :thumb:
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

Grizalltheway wrote:
Jjoey52 wrote:Around 20+ years ago he represented my sister in a case of religious freedom in Arizona and did not charge anything. He was with the ACLJ at the time. It was a fairly big deal at the time as she hit a couple TV shows after it.

Can I ask what the case was about?

The state would not allow her to put the Christian fish sign on her business cards. She contacted ACLJ and they got that over turned without even having to go to trial.

Last edited by Jjoey52 on Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:BUT CLINTON!!!!
It was Bush's fault.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Jjoey52 wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: Can I ask what the case was about?

The state would not allow her to put the Christian fish sign on her business cards. She contacted ACLJ and they got that over turned without van having to go to trial.

Ugh...she's one of those.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote:Im glad to see people are concerned about shady charitable organizations again.
:lol: Nailed it.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

The big thing to me is seeing how intellectually dishonest he's been in interviews now that he's associated with Trump. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. There was a time when I thought the conservative movement was generally characterized by integrity. But I've been disabused of that notion by the conservative movement's response to Trump.

Integrity dictated completely rejecting the guy. That obviously didn't happen.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Jjoey52 wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: Can I ask what the case was about?

The state would not allow her to put the Christian fish sign on her business cards. She contacted ACLJ and they got that over turned without even having to go to trial.

Did she work for the state?
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
Jjoey52 wrote:

She must have

If she didn't, this issue would be especially troubling

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

kalm wrote:
Jjoey52 wrote:

No, Century 21.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Jjoey52 wrote:
kalm wrote:

No, Century 21.

grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

AZGrizFan wrote:I must have missed the thread Aho started about Clinton's corruption in her foundation.

BUMP AGAIN FOR Aho Old Guy

We are all waiting for your Clinton documents.....

Oh Sorry. I didn't know that the current "GOOGLE CLOUD" could handle the massive amount of Clinton Mis-Information to help out the family and who cares about people that get killed in the wake of Bill and Hillary moving up..... :chair:
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

I am scared now. I am probably on the silenced list now so I will have a mysteriously suspicious death. KKKlean, CLEETS, and that Jstate fucker.
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

grizzaholic wrote:I am scared now. I am probably on the silenced list now so I will have a mysteriously suspicious death. KKKlean, CLEETS, and that Jstate fucker.
Mysteriously suspicious? :lol:
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

Who will get Seth Rich treatment next?

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Weren't you just asking who Seth Rich was the other day? Hopped on that train fast, Jjoey. :lol:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)