Political discussions
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Re: Trump pulls out of Paris Climate Deal

Post by Chizzang »

Anything that pisses off ALL OF EUROPE i'm 100% for...
I lost a little respect for Elon Musk today too
he owns a company that needs to do nothing to meet the deal
His posturing on this is political sassafras
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

The liberals going crazy on this is almost as funny as Hillary Clunton's blaming everyone and everything for her losing the election, except herself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Jjoey52 wrote:The liberals going crazy on this is almost as funny as Hillary Clunton's blaming everyone and everything for her losing the election, except herself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And even the MSM and Liberal Democrats are growing tired of Clinton.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote:Back to the theme of the thread: Trump has pulled us out. Thoughts from you asswipes? :?
What is a technique Donald's father should have practiced?
:mrgreen:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:Back to the theme of the thread: Trump has pulled us out. Thoughts from you asswipes? :?
Abstinence. :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
Covfefe
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Tweetsee
A.K.A.: Evil & Nastie

Post by Aho Old Guy »

"But the damned and the guiltiest among you are the men who had the capacity to know, yet chose to blank out reality, the men who were willing to sell their intelligence into cynical servitude..."
- John Galt
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: What is a technique Donald's father should have practiced?
Covfefe
:clap: :clap: :clap:
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

I honestly don't think anyone knows if man is really responsible for global warming, there is plenty of science lined up on both sides of the equation. Can society limit things like pollution, have more efficient or even electric cars, and ensure clean drinking water? Yes they can and Flint MI is something we should be talking more about & fixing than a really inconsequential Paris accord.
Make Delaware Football Great Again
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Chizzang wrote:Anything that pisses off ALL OF EUROPE i'm 100% for...
Agreed. If Europe, Obama, John Kerry, Algore, Mittens, etc. are for something you know it's probably bad for the average guy.

And Elon Musk decided it was more important to look cool and tough for his liberal friends than it was to stay engaged. He should have said I'm going to stay on the committee and work even harder to convince the president and why this is important. Now he has no seat at the table. I wonder what the shareholders will think when the subsidies dry up because he walked away......
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
mrklean
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern Uni.

Post by mrklean »

bluehenbillk wrote:I honestly don't think anyone knows if man is really responsible for global warming, there is plenty of science lined up on both sides of the equation. Can society limit things like pollution, have more efficient or even electric cars, and ensure clean drinking water? Yes they can and Flint MI is something we should be talking more about & fixing than a really inconsequential Paris accord.
Really? you think putting all of this pollution into the air has NO effect in the future? :coffee:
ImageImage
FROM DA DURTY SOUTH!
mrklean
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern Uni.

Post by mrklean »

mrklean wrote:
bluehenbillk wrote:I honestly don't think anyone knows if man is really responsible for global warming, there is plenty of science lined up on both sides of the equation. Can society limit things like pollution, have more efficient or even electric cars, and ensure clean drinking water? Yes they can and Flint MI is something we should be talking more about & fixing than a really inconsequential Paris accord.
Really? you think putting all of this pollution into the air has NO effect in the future? :coffee:
Coal in outdated. Fine a better energy source.
Oil/Natural Gas in outdated. Find a better energy source.

If we spent the money into R&D in solar and electric cars we can make them work. However, Big Oil has a strong lobby and that wont happen.
ImageImage
FROM DA DURTY SOUTH!
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

mrklean wrote:
Thou shalt not use fallacious logic

Appeal to probability

15 yards and loss of down

Try using supporting detail
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Meh. Musk's opposition is predictable. As with Whitman and Blankfein. They are either on the renewable energy side of the equation or are worried about global backlash to their businesses.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

mrklean wrote:
I think the better question is: Do you believe there hasn't been any adverse effects due to man-made pollution? Climate change or otherwise?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Btw, which term is en vogue: Climate Change or Global Warming?
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Ibanez wrote:Btw, which term is en vogue: Climate Change or Global Warming?
Climate change, because then you can blame tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, wildfires, blizzards, droughts, and even seismic events on it.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Meh. Musk's opposition is predictable. As with Whitman and Blankfein. They are either on the renewable energy side of the equation or are worried about global backlash to their businesses.
Yeah... But But
It's an opportunity for somebody (F*ck ANYBODY) in a highly visible position
to take the high road

All Elon had to do was say:
I disagree with the president, and now it's my job to help him understand why we blah blah...
Not: I quit and walk away

We need to show kids and adults too
Even if you disagree you still communicate and work to educate and debate your point
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Chizzang wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Meh. Musk's opposition is predictable. As with Whitman and Blankfein. They are either on the renewable energy side of the equation or are worried about global backlash to their businesses.
Yeah... But But
to take the high road

I disagree with the president, and now it's my job to help him understand why we blah blah...

Even if you disagree you still communicate and work to educate and debate your point
The shitgibbon refuses to read a goddamn intelligence briefing FFS. Frankly I can't blame anybody (F*ck ANYBODY) for saying fuck this, not worth my time, I'm out. :coffee:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Chizzang wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Meh. Musk's opposition is predictable. As with Whitman and Blankfein. They are either on the renewable energy side of the equation or are worried about global backlash to their businesses.
Yeah... But But
to take the high road

I agree. I'm just saying that the opposition by some of these CEO's are being trumpeted by the left as being "pro-environment".
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Chizzang wrote:
Yeah... But But
to take the high road

Gabby Johnson is right!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

As it relates to us pulling out of the treaty, there are pros and cons to it:

- We isolate ourselves by stepping away from the table and we lose control of the talking points. Trump fumbled through this move in typical Trump fashion and managed to piss off a great number of people, but that's what Trump does all the time anyway. Europe loves to take stances and issue statements, and now we've given them more ammo to talk away.
- The "treaty" was always much more about style than substance. Targets were flexible and easy to change, so why leave an accord that never really committed us to anything concrete?
- Constitutionally, this was the right move though. This was a treaty, it committed us, albeit very loosely, to dealings with other countries. Stuff like this needs to be approved by the Senate before the US is really considered agreed to the treaty. I know it's messy, I know it's hard, but it's still our Constitution. This was not a shining moment for Obama but rather a calculated political move to avoid the checks and balances of the government.
- Even the worst case models say that without the US participating, the global temperatures by 2100 will only rise 0.3 deg C more than if the US had been fully on board. I can't get too worked up about that since even without being part of this treaty we're going to still be doing things here in the US that will limit and shrink our emissions - fuel cells are still moving forward, fracking has been incredible in lowering our dependency on crude oil, especially on crude from places that don't have the environmental awareness that we have already factored into our operations here, and other renewables are moving forward regardless of what the federal government is doing. We are seeing capitalism work in this case - we are innovating and we are improving. I don't see that changing regardless of what hand holding government leaders do.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

GannonFan wrote: - Even the worst case models say that without the US participating, the global temperatures by 2100 will only rise 0.3 deg C more than if the US had been fully on board. I can't get too worked up about that since even without being part of this treaty we're going to still be doing things here in the US that will limit and shrink our emissions - fuel cells are still moving forward, fracking has been incredible in lowering our dependency on crude oil, especially on crude from places that don't have the environmental awareness that we have already factored into our operations here, and other renewables are moving forward regardless of what the federal government is doing. We are seeing capitalism work in this case - we are innovating and we are improving. I don't see that changing regardless of what hand holding government leaders do.
"Listen to the scientists!"

(Until they tell us our feel-good gestures aren't going to really do any good.)

I'm not worried about the talking points. In five years greenies will be complaining that 50% (at least 50%) of countries are all off-track to meet their Paris climate agreement pinky promises and will be proposing yet another grand conference for posturing and empty gestures.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

President Donald Trump's top aides apparently have no idea whether he believes humans have a role in climate change or if it's even real. And seemingly won't ask him.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/02/politics/ ... index.html
:lol: :lol: :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:
Yeah... But But
to take the high road

Come on, dude. That ENTIRE commission is political.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12