Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Political discussions
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by Col Hogan »

Ibanez wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:
Common sense 1A controls....
Do common sense controls apply to the rest of the amendments? :coffee:
Apparently...I keep hearing someone’s “common sense” being shoved down law-abiding gun owners throats by certain politicians, so why not in this case???
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Ibanez wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:
So, he’s a punk...but blocking someone on Twitter does not impact that person’s 1A rights...they still get to post what ever they want...
blocking a person's ability to publicly speak to the POTUS on Twitter doesn't impact that person's 1A rights? :suspicious:
So if I start interrupting a president's speech and they remove me from the event are they blocking my ability to publicly speak to POTUS? Doesn't that impact my 1A rights?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote:
Ibanez wrote: blocking a person's ability to publicly speak to the POTUS on Twitter doesn't impact that person's 1A rights? :suspicious:
So if I start interrupting a president's speech and they remove me from the event are they blocking my ability to publicly speak to POTUS? Doesn't that impact my 1A rights?
1). The plaintiffs weren’t interrupting the presidents speech.

2). Define interrupting. It might be different in a place like NK.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:

If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote:
Ibanez wrote: blocking a person's ability to publicly speak to the POTUS on Twitter doesn't impact that person's 1A rights? :suspicious:
Asking a president a question on a public forum isn't the same as interrupting his speech. I agree there are limits - but I thought we could all agree that listening to dissenting opinions is one of the great things about 1A. The president SHOULD hear from people, even if he doesn't agree.

And those people should be mindful/respectful of how they disagree with someone.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote:
kalm wrote:

Terrible post. But she has the right to say it.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:
So, he’s a punk...but blocking someone on Twitter does not impact that person’s 1A rights...they still get to post what ever they want...
blocking a person's ability to publicly speak to the POTUS on Twitter doesn't impact that person's 1A rights? :suspicious:
No
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

89Hen wrote:
No
This. He can still say whatever he wishes, but the POTUS has the right not to listen.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote:
kalm wrote:

That’s interrupting?
GrizFanStuckInUtah
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by GrizFanStuckInUtah »

kalm wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:

That’s interrupting?

I am now more than certain that "Idiocracy" is a documentary, not a comedy.
-Go Griz!
-Class of '97
-Thank you to all our Veterans. :bow:
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

Ibanez wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:
No. Their right to free speech does not obligate Trump to listen to them.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

Ibanez wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:

Terrible post. But she has the right to say it.
And no one is stopping her from saying it. POTUS doesn't have to to listen.

I'm an elected official. I had a pissed off mother call me at 12:30 a.m. one time. I told her that I would be happy to talk to her during the day but that I was not talking to her at that time. Should I have had to listen to her then? Did I violate her 1A rights? The public has the right to attend our school board meetings but does not have the right to speak at them. Is that violating the public's 1A rights? What makes Twitter different?

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote:
Col Hogan wrote: So, he’s a punk...but blocking someone on Twitter does not impact that person’s 1A rights...they still get to post what ever they want...
89Hen wrote: No
Baldy wrote: This. He can still say whatever he wishes, but the POTUS has the right not to listen.
CitadelGrad wrote:No. Their right to free speech does not obligate Trump to listen to them.
No. There is no constitutional right not to be blocked on twitter..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Blocking on Twitter isn't about making Trump read their tweets. His newsfeed (or whatever it's called on Twitter) controls what tweets he sees based on who he follows. No one is saying he has to follow every American citizen.

Blocking removes access for viewing his tweets. They're ofticial public statements by the POTUS.

But, again - it's a really stupid debate. And if SCOTUS has to weigh in - it's a sure sign of the demise of the Republic. :lol:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Blocking on Twitter isn't about making Trump read their tweets. His newsfeed (or whatever it's called on Twitter) controls what tweets he sees based on who he follows. No one is saying he has to follow every American citizen.

Blocking removes access for viewing his tweets. They're ofticial public statements by the POTUS.

But, again - it's a really stupid debate. And if SCOTUS has to weigh in - it's a sure sign of the demise of the Republic. :lol:
I agree it's a stupid debate. Should have been laughed out of court when it was filed.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Skjellyfetti wrote:They're ofticial public statements by the POTUS.
Maybe ofticial, but not official.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Blocking on Twitter isn't about making Trump read their tweets. His newsfeed (or whatever it's called on Twitter) controls what tweets he sees based on who he follows. No one is saying he has to follow every American citizen.

All of this.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Completely stupid but I agree.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
I actually don't think it's a stupid debate. It's new technology (well, newish, obviously Twitter's been around for several years, but obviously not used as this present President uses it), and I see no problem with SCOTUS extending the Constitution to address new technologies. I'm sure people were moping about the SCOTUS having to get involved in the telegraph when they did, but there are always curmudgeons out there. :rofl:

Oh, and stop this "demise of the Republic" crap. It's that kind of apocalyptic tripe that gets us into more trouble than we really are. You sound like Obama when he warned that voting for Trump meant the end of the Republic. We'll all still be here well after Trump's time in the White House is over. America's much more resilient than people give it credit for.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:You sound like Obama when he warned that voting for Trump meant the end of the Republic. We'll all still be here well after Trump's time in the White House is over.
Not only here, but wealthier, happier and more safe. 8-) :kisswink:
GrizFanStuckInUtah
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by GrizFanStuckInUtah »

I can only imagine wearing that shirt here in Utah :lol:
-Go Griz!
-Class of '97
-Thank you to all our Veterans. :bow:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Looks like a henway.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
I actually don't think it's a stupid debate. It's new technology (well, newish, obviously Twitter's been around for several years, but obviously not used as this present President uses it), and I see no problem with SCOTUS extending the Constitution to address new technologies. I'm sure people were moping about the SCOTUS having to get involved in the telegraph when they did, but there are always curmudgeons out there. :rofl:

Oh, and stop this "demise of the Republic" crap. It's that kind of apocalyptic tripe that gets us into more trouble than we really are. You sound like Obama when he warned that voting for Trump meant the end of the Republic. We'll all still be here well after Trump's time in the White House is over. America's much more resilient than people give it credit for.
Did you miss the laughing emoji?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

He can put any emoji there he wants, but he has enough posts on here (and in the 100+ plus thread) for me to realize that he's serious about the demise of the Republic. Only JSO has been more vociferous (and voluminous) in that regard.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
He can put any emoji there he wants, but he has enough posts on here (and in the 100+ plus thread) for me to realize that he's serious about the demise of the Republic. Only JSO has been more vociferous (and voluminous) in that regard.
Ok.

:lol: