Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: RE: Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:
And if the majority tyrannizing the minority was ok nobody would have left England.
I don't like tyrants tyrannizing anybody and I'm not a fan of monarchies or direct democracy for that matter. Just showing an alternate view of the typical 90% red map and the fact 'Murica is far more liberal than manythink.

Don't let it frighten and confuse you. :)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote:And if the majority tyrannizing the minority was ok nobody would have left England.
I don't like tyrants tyrannizing anybody and I'm not a fan of monarchies or direct democracy for that matter. Just showing an alternate view of the typical 90% red map and the fact 'Murica is far more liberal than manythink.

I have no problem giving you credit for posting a map that shows a different and valid perspective of the country. But was it created for that purpose or to help further the attacks on the Electoral College and Senate? Those are two very important bulwarks against tyranny of the majority. My response wasn't aimed at you but to question the original purpose of the map.

Why are JSO and other Donks so up in arms about Trump weakening the foundations/institutions of our republic (such as the Justice Department) but supportive of attacks on foundations/institutions such as the Electoral College and Senate? Why are Trumpists ok with the opposite? Is ironic, hypocritical or both?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:

I have no problem giving you credit for posting a map that shows a different and valid perspective of the country. But was it created for that purpose or to help further the attacks on the Electoral College and Senate? Those are two very important bulwarks against tyranny of the majority. My response wasn't aimed at you but to question the original purpose of the map.

Why are JSO and other Donks so up in arms about Trump weakening the foundations/institutions of our republic (such as the Justice Department) but supportive of attacks on foundations/institutions such as the Electoral College and Senate? Why are Trumpists ok with the opposite? Is ironic, hypocritical or both?
This is why the design of the Senate and the House is brilliant...

:nod:

The population majority of liberals will get control of the house
and the right will control the Senate

glorious ! and as it should be frankly
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Chizzang wrote:
UNI88 wrote:I have no problem giving you credit for posting a map that shows a different and valid perspective of the country. But was it created for that purpose or to help further the attacks on the Electoral College and Senate? Those are two very important bulwarks against tyranny of the majority. My response wasn't aimed at you but to question the original purpose of the map.

Why are JSO and other Donks so up in arms about Trump weakening the foundations/institutions of our republic (such as the Justice Department) but supportive of attacks on foundations/institutions such as the Electoral College and Senate? Why are Trumpists ok with the opposite? Is it ironic, hypocritical or both?

The Founding Fathers were either geniuses or the luckiest men alive because the system they designed is absolutely brilliant and the people who want to muck around with it can't see the forest for the trees and don't understand the law of unintended consequences.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:

I don't know, I didn't create it, and that's not why I posted it. I think your concerns are valid and beg for an expanded discussion.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

The Founding Fathers were either geniuses or the luckiest men alive because the system they designed is absolutely brilliant and the people who want to muck around with it can't see the forest for the trees and don't understand the law of unintended consequences.
+6.93 :thumb:

And JSO continues his feckless “muck-around”
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Not political, but :lol:

Baldy
Level4
Level4

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics

Post by Baldy »

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Baldy wrote:Not political, but :lol:

Classic! :rofl:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics

Post by Ivytalk »

Baldy wrote:Image
I know it’s a highchair, but if you look straight at it, it looks like a cartoon duck.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
I know it’s a highchair, but if you look straight at it, it looks like a cartoon duck.
Yeah I bet youre a hoot on them Rorschach tests

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote:
Or Squidward.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

NOT the Onion. :?
That doesn't sound very sciency. :suspicious:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote:NOT the Onion. :?
Why do we need a legal definition? Limited government and such...
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote:
We absolutely do not need a legal definition. However, that isn't the point.

We have the so-called science crowd denying basic evolutionary biology. These are the same set of people (not all of course) who want to criminalize skepticism of man-made global warming.

This is the kind of shit that makes you wanna jab an ice pick through your skull... :silly:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Did you read the article?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Did you read the article?
Yes. The Tweet is still stupid.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote:
kalm wrote:
We absolutely do not need a legal definition. However, that isn't the point.

We have the so-called science crowd denying basic evolutionary biology. These are the same set of people (not all of course) who want to criminalize skepticism of man-made global warming.

This is the kind of shit that makes you wanna jab an ice pick through your skull... :silly:
People are trying to crimanlize Global warming skepticism? :? Scientists are doing this? :?
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote:
Baldy wrote: We absolutely do not need a legal definition. However, that isn't the point.

People are trying to crimanlize Global warming skepticism? :? Scientists are doing this? :?
Yes. Disturbing, isn't it?

Letter To President Obama: Investigate Deniers Under RICO
The following is the text of a letter written by a number of scientists asking for a federal investigation of climate science denial under the RICO statute.

Letter to President Obama, Attorney General Lynch, and OSTP Director Holdren

September 1, 2015

Dear President Obama, Attorney General Lynch, and OSTP Director Holdren,

As you know, an overwhelming majority of climate scientists are convinced about the potentially serious adverse effects of human-induced climate change on human health, agriculture, and biodiversity. We applaud your efforts to regulate emissions and the other steps you are taking. Nonetheless, as climate scientists we are exceedingly concerned that America’s response to climate change – indeed, the world’s response to climate change – is insufficient. The risks posed by climate change, including increasing extreme weather events, rising sea levels, and increasing ocean acidity – and potential strategies for addressing them – are detailed in the Third National Climate Assessment (2014), Climate Change Impacts in the United States. The stability of the Earth’s climate over the past ten thousand years contributed to the growth of agriculture and therefore, a thriving human civilization. We are now at high risk of seriously destabilizing the Earth’s climate and irreparably harming people around the world, especially the world’s poorest people.
Now these "same" people want to deny the very basic proven science of evolutionary biology. Strange. :?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote:
kalm wrote:
Yes. Disturbing, isn't it?

The following is the text of a letter written by a number of scientists asking for a federal investigation of climate science denial under the RICO statute.

Letter to President Obama, Attorney General Lynch, and OSTP Director Holdren

September 1, 2015

Dear President Obama, Attorney General Lynch, and OSTP Director Holdren,

As you know, an overwhelming majority of climate scientists are convinced about the potentially serious adverse effects of human-induced climate change on human health, agriculture, and biodiversity. We applaud your efforts to regulate emissions and the other steps you are taking. Nonetheless, as climate scientists we are exceedingly concerned that America’s response to climate change – indeed, the world’s response to climate change – is insufficient. The risks posed by climate change, including increasing extreme weather events, rising sea levels, and increasing ocean acidity – and potential strategies for addressing them – are detailed in the Third National Climate Assessment (2014), Climate Change Impacts in the United States. The stability of the Earth’s climate over the past ten thousand years contributed to the growth of agriculture and therefore, a thriving human civilization. We are now at high risk of seriously destabilizing the Earth’s climate and irreparably harming people around the world, especially the world’s poorest people.
Now these "same" people want to deny the very basic proven science of evolutionary biology. Strange. :?
Baldy, your gonna love this... :nod:
The sheer craziness of the papers the authors concocted makes this fact all the more shocking. One of their papers reads like a straightforward riff on the Sokal Hoax. Dismissing “western astronomy” as sexist and imperialist, it makes a case for physics departments to study feminist astrology—or practice interpretative dance—instead:

Other means superior to the natural sciences exist to extract alternative knowledges about stars and enriching astronomy, including ethnography and other social science methodologies, careful examination of the intersection of extant astrologies from around the globe, incorporation of mythological narratives and modern feminist analysis of them, feminist interpretative dance (especially with regard to the movements of the stars and their astrological significance), and direct application of feminist and postcolonial discourses concerning alternative knowledges and cultural narratives.
The paper that was published in Gender, Place and Culture seems downright silly. “Human Reaction to Rape Culture and Queer Performativity at Urban Dog Parks in Portland, Oregon” claims to be based on in situ observation of canine rape culture in a Portland dog park. “Do dogs suffer oppression based upon (perceived) gender?” the paper asks

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatl ... le/572212/
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote:
Baldy wrote: Yes. Disturbing, isn't it?

Baldy, your gonna love this... :nod:
The sheer craziness of the papers the authors concocted makes this fact all the more shocking. One of their papers reads like a straightforward riff on the Sokal Hoax. Dismissing “western astronomy” as sexist and imperialist, it makes a case for physics departments to study feminist astrology—or practice interpretative dance—instead:

Other means superior to the natural sciences exist to extract alternative knowledges about stars and enriching astronomy, including ethnography and other social science methodologies, careful examination of the intersection of extant astrologies from around the globe, incorporation of mythological narratives and modern feminist analysis of them, feminist interpretative dance (especially with regard to the movements of the stars and their astrological significance), and direct application of feminist and postcolonial discourses concerning alternative knowledges and cultural narratives.
The paper that was published in Gender, Place and Culture seems downright silly. “Human Reaction to Rape Culture and Queer Performativity at Urban Dog Parks in Portland, Oregon” claims to be based on in situ observation of canine rape culture in a Portland dog park. “Do dogs suffer oppression based upon (perceived) gender?” the paper asks

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatl ... le/572212/
:lol: :clap:

Almost looks like something Kevin Williamson would have written the one day he worked at The Atlantic.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
Baldy wrote: We absolutely do not need a legal definition. However, that isn't the point.

No, numbnut....libs. Try and keep up.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Turn up your sarcasm detector, dork.

Besides Baldy provided some evidence that scientists are indeed doing it and so did I..butt licker.
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: MONTANA
A.K.A.: The Beer Snob

Post by polsongrizz »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Turn up your sarcasm detector, dork.

Besides Baldy provided some evidence that scientists are indeed doing it and so did I..ball licker.
Fixed it for you.
“We didn’t have a man or woman in the drone,” Trump explained to a confused America. “We had nobody in the drone. It would have made a big difference, let me tell you. It would have made a big, big difference.”
Mexico will pay for the wall
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS