Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2020: which donks will it be?

Post by kalm »

Jjoey52 wrote:I heard the name Jerry Brown mentioned also, he would fit their nutjob ideal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well his aura does smile. And it never frowns.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote:
Jjoey52 wrote:I heard the name Jerry Brown mentioned also, he would fit their nutjob ideal.

Well his aura does smile. And it never frowns.
He learned to smile at the Peoples Temple.

A number of high-profile progressive politicians were associated with Jim Jones prior to his murder of Leo Ryan and the Guyana mass murder incident, including future California governor Jerry Brown - Wiki
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

While I wouldn't put it past him, having already run three times, he's probably already realized that he doesn't have a chance. He's also likely too old to give it a real go. He's actually older than Sanders, I believe.

I actually wrote Brown in for Veep back in '92 (when I wrote Carter in for Prez, wanting a geographically balanced ticket) before I realized how much of a "nutjob," as you so succinctly put it, Joey, Brown really is. Given the size of the expected field, though, one could probably equate Brown to Jeb in terms of staying power. (Jeb CLEARLY didn't have it during 2016.)

I'm still scared of another 16 years of Clintonmania. I know a good Democratic judge in Sac County I'd vote for in a heartbeat (she's a classmate of mine), but she's about as far as I'd go in that party for a vote. Of course, I don't think she'd actually run.

I'm still looking at a Palin-Bachmann ticket, though I AM ready to swing to Mia Love should she decide to throw her hat into the ring....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SuperHornet wrote:

While I wouldn't put it past him, having already run three times, he's probably already realized that he doesn't have a chance. He's also likely too old to give it a real go. He's actually older than Sanders, I believe.

I actually wrote Brown in for Veep back in '92 (when I wrote Carter in for Prez, wanting a geographically balanced ticket) before I realized how much of a "nutjob," as you so succinctly put it, Joey, Brown really is. Given the size of the expected field, though, one could probably equate Brown to Jeb in terms of staying power. (Jeb CLEARLY didn't have it during 2016.)

I'm still scared of another 16 years of Clintonmania. I know a good Democratic judge in Sac County I'd vote for in a heartbeat (she's a classmate of mine), but she's about as far as I'd go in that party for a vote. Of course, I don't think she'd actually run.

I'm still looking at a Palin-Bachmann ticket, though I AM ready to swing to Mia Love should she decide to throw her hat into the ring....
No, the nutjob is someone writing in Jerry Brown and Jimmy Carter on a presidential ticket.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

SuperHornet wrote:

Could never figure Cali out, first time Brown was gov, he started Cali debt, then voters elect him to fix budget. The libs here in Utah spiral up at the mention of Mia Love's name.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SuperHornet wrote:

You can put your pom poms away, because none of them are running in 2020..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Meg Whitman announced she will be stepping down as CEO of Hewlett Packard. An anti-Trump Republican, will she jump to the dark side and run as a Dem in 2020?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:Meg Whitman announced she will be stepping down as CEO of Hewlett Packard. An anti-Trump Republican, will she jump to the dark side and run as a Dem in 2020?
Absolutely zero chance. She was on teams that opposed Obama both times (she worked with McCain and Romney) and she was actually part of Christie's campaign. Everybody's going to be anti-Trump, so that's not nearly enough. The Dems want blood, no way do they settle for a bland former GOP'er as their party's candidate. Heck, Jerry Brown trounced her by almost 20% points when she ran for governor way back when. She hasn't gotten any more popular since.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:Meg Whitman announced she will be stepping down as CEO of Hewlett Packard. An anti-Trump Republican, will she jump to the dark side and run as a Dem in 2020?
Absolutely zero chance. She was on teams that opposed Obama both times (she worked with McCain and Romney) and she was actually part of Christie's campaign. Everybody's going to be anti-Trump, so that's not nearly enough. The Dems want blood, no way do they settle for a bland former GOP'er as their party's candidate. Heck, Jerry Brown trounced her by almost 20% points when she ran for governor way back when. She hasn't gotten any more popular since.
I agree - the DNC has learned exactly zero lessons from the last election

They'll pander to their hard left base and wind up with (at best) a center left candidate who is, at least on the surface, ideologically pure. That means no history playing for the other team.

I still think that little skunk weasel Julian Castro is going to be heavy in the mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

No way to tell. At this point of the George H. W. Bush Presidency nobody would've thought of Bill Clinton. At this point of the first George W. Bush Presidency nobody was thinking Barack Obama.

One thing's for sure: If they can't come up with somebody who can beat Donald Trump they are in sad shape.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
One thing's for sure: If they can't come up with somebody who can beat Donald Trump they are in sad shape.
Where were you during the last election, Nostradumbass?
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Jjoey52 wrote:That is a who's who in leftist liberalism.

Isn't it beautiful, jojo? 8-)
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Jjoey52 wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:

Could never figure Cali out, first time Brown was gov, he started Cali debt, then voters elect him to fix budget. The libs here in Utah spiral up at the mention of Mia Love's name.

He was porking Linda Ronstadt, who wouldn't have voted for him? :dunce:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

JohnStOnge wrote:No way to tell. At this point of the George H. W. Bush Presidency nobody would've thought of Bill Clinton. At this point of the first George W. Bush Presidency nobody was thinking Barack Obama.

They already did that. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

They'll pander to their hard left base and wind up with (at best) a center left candidate who is, at least on the surface, ideologically pure. That means no history playing for the other team.

I still think that little skunk weasel Julian Castro is going to be heavy in the mix.

The DNC has already proven that they're blind to what is happening all around them so they most probably haven't noticed that the women are seriously pissed off.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:

No, the nutjob is someone writing in Jerry Brown and Jimmy Carter on a presidential ticket.

A textbook example of the triumph of hope over experience. :coffee:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

CID1990 wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

They were parading Castro around on CBS this morning, as a 2020 candidate.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Gil Dobie wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

They were parading Castro around on CBS this morning, as a 2020 candidate.
He’s 1/1024 Fidel.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.