Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Trump Gave Merkel an Invoice for NATO

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: :lol: :lol:
You still don't understand him, do you? :ohno:
Sure I do. He lies constantly. His modus operandi is dealing in misinformation. I understand him completely. He's a complete fraud.

Here's the Factcheck.org assessment of his statement yesterday morning:

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/07/trump ... s-at-nato/

NATO defense spending was increasing before he got into office and there was no "thing" where NATO countries agreed to ramp things up as he claimed.

And Factcheck.org did back up what it said. NOTHING the guy says can be taken seriously. The question is whether the people who SUPPORT him understand him. If they do and they still support him they should be ashamed of themselves.
John we've been through this before. You continue to focus on the total number or percentage of lies while ignoring the depth of the lies, the damage the lies cause and the lies of omission and obfuscation. You ignore any argument that doesn't fit your narrative. Isn't that bias?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Sure I do. He lies constantly. His modus operandi is dealing in misinformation. I understand him completely. He's a complete fraud.

Here's the Factcheck.org assessment of his statement yesterday morning:

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/07/trump ... s-at-nato/

NATO defense spending was increasing before he got into office and there was no "thing" where NATO countries agreed to ramp things up as he claimed.

And Factcheck.org did back up what it said. NOTHING the guy says can be taken seriously. The question is whether the people who SUPPORT him understand him. If they do and they still support him they should be ashamed of themselves.
John we've been through this before. You continue to focus on the total number or percentage of lies while ignoring the depth of the lies, the damage the lies cause and the lies of omission and obfuscation. You ignore any argument that doesn't fit your narrative. Isn't that bias?
I guarantee you Trump doesn’t know 60 associates/business partners that have died or committed suicide under suspicious circumstances.... :ohno:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

UNI88 wrote:
I think I've responded to that argument before, but maybe it wasn't to you in particular. During the campaign I said that some of Trump's lies were indeed pretty significant. Things like claiming he was against attacking Gaddafi in Lybia when he's on video saying he thought we should directly use the US military to do it. To me that's a pretty significant lie because it's an effort to tell people you'd have made a different decision than you would have made.

I also think he lied routinely to banks during his business career. I think he routinely made agreements knowing he would break them and that's what led to US banks refusing to work with him.

To me the Trump University thing represents some significant lying. He scammed the hell out of people on that one. It wasn't government. But those were significant lies.

I think lying about what NATO countries have been doing with military spending is pretty significant as well. He's trying to create completely false impressions in the minds of his followers.

Here' the thing: He lies constantly. It's the way he operates. There is absolutely no reason to believe he won't lie in a heartbeat about any matter big or small. Like for instance I know a lot of people think people in the Obama Administrations lied when they said they thought the attack was the result of a video. I am among them. But do you think Trump would hesitate to lie under similar circumstances? I hope not.

He's going to lie. He's going to lie about small things. He's going to lie about big things. Yes it's about frequency. If you lie practically every time you open your mouth that's important.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote:
I guarantee you Trump doesn’t know 60 associates/business partners that have died or committed suicide under suspicious circumstances.... :ohno:
You're kidding, right? You're not seriously invoking that nut job conspiracy theory stuff, are you?
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Jesus. You've gone "full trip". They live longer and have lower infant mortality because they spend their money on social programs while we spend our money defending them.

You don't even believe that shit yourself. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

look who went "full trip"... :lmao:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

JohnStOnge wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
I think I've responded to that argument before, but maybe it wasn't to you in particular. During the campaign I said that some of Trump's lies were indeed pretty significant. Things like claiming he was against attacking Gaddafi in Lybia when he's on video saying he thought we should directly use the US military to do it. To me that's a pretty significant lie because it's an effort to tell people you'd have made a different decision than you would have made.

I also think he lied routinely to banks during his business career. I think he routinely made agreements knowing he would break them and that's what led to US banks refusing to work with him.

To me the Trump University thing represents some significant lying. He scammed the hell out of people on that one. It wasn't government. But those were significant lies.

I think lying about what NATO countries have been doing with military spending is pretty significant as well. He's trying to create completely false impressions in the minds of his followers.

Here' the thing: He lies constantly. It's the way he operates. There is absolutely no reason to believe he won't lie in a heartbeat about any matter big or small. Like for instance I know a lot of people think people in the Obama Administrations lied when they said they thought the attack was the result of a video. I am among them. But do you think Trump would hesitate to lie under similar circumstances? I hope not.

He's going to lie. He's going to lie about small things. He's going to lie about big things. Yes it's about frequency. If you lie practically every time you open your mouth that's important.

He lies all the time but the thing is: he believes everything he says at the time he says it.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

look who went "full trip"... :lmao:
Following Jon’s lead. :tothehand:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Jesus. You've gone "full trip". They live longer and have lower infant mortality because they spend their money on social programs while we spend our money defending them.

It’s 100% the truth, pal.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:

And both are choices. :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Oh, agreed 100%. But many of those choices were made dozens and dozens of years ago...and when you try to get them OFF that crack (like Trump purports to be doing), it can be a painful, difficult transition.

One that I think, ultimately, will never be made.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Oh, agreed 100%. But many of those choices were made dozens and dozens of years ago...and when you try to get them OFF that crack (like Trump purports to be doing), it can be a painful, difficult transition.

:nod:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: Trump Gave Merkel an Invoice for NATO

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

I don't disagree that Trump is a bufoon and a con artist. Where I disagree is your argument that Trump is/was a significantly worse liar or candidate than Hildamort. They were neck and neck with each other as seriously flawed candidates and Hildamort's lies and omissions were much more insidious IMO. Trump's lies are embarrassingly brazen but easily spotted.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

:nod:
I certainly hope not; where would my grandkids go to college?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

I don't disagree that Trump is a bufoon and a con artist. Where I disagree is your argument that Trump is/was a significantly worse liar or candidate than Hildamort. They were neck and neck with each other as seriously flawed candidates and Hildamort's lies and omissions were much more insidious IMO. Trump's lies are embarrassingly brazen but easily spotted.
Maybe not but he is still a buffoon and a con artist and a traitor and he doesn't even try to make a pretense of attempting to govern the nation or do anything else that would be taking time out from his looting of the public treasury. :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Trump Gave Merkel an Invoice for NATO

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
Maybe not but he is still a buffoon and a con artist and a traitor and he doesn't even try to make a pretense of attempting to govern the nation or do anything else that would be taking time out from his looting of the public treasury. :coffee:
And Clinton would have been different?
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASUG8 »

You have to give credit where it's due. I've never seen a president who was capable of pissing off Australia and Canada - that takes a special talent. :ohno:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

ASUG8 wrote:You have to give credit where it's due. I've never seen a president who was capable of pissing off Australia and Canada - that takes a special talent. :ohno:
:lol: :lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I found this article obliquely while I was reading about ME policy and found it to be a really good read. Among several takeaways, I found this part especially interesting, given that President Obama referred to NATO and other countries in strategic relationships with the US as "free riders":

"If Obama ever questioned whether America really is the world’s one indispensable nation, he no longer does so. But he is the rare president who seems at times to resent indispensability, rather than embrace it. “Free riders aggravate me,” he told me. Recently, Obama warned that Great Britain would no longer be able to claim a “special relationship” with the United States if it did not commit to spending at least 2 percent of its GDP on defense. “You have to pay your fair share,” Obama told David Cameron, who subsequently met the 2 percent threshold."

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ne/471525/
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

Is Obama becoming President again? :) :o :) :o :notworthy: :notworthy:

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

mainejeff wrote:Is Obama becoming President again? :) :o :) :o :notworthy: :notworthy:

Kind of like "but Bush" and CID's just pointing out the hypocrisy of the Orange Man bad crowd.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

What's hypocritical?

Yeah, the 2% commitment was initiated by Obama. Most people think it was a part of NATO since it's inception. The countries agreed to work toward spending 2% of their GDP on defense by 2024.

I didn't know he called them "free riders"... But, who gives a shit? Sounds like he did it privately and he handled getting the 2% commitment diplomatically.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

UNI88 wrote:
mainejeff wrote:Is Obama becoming President again? :) :o :) :o :notworthy: :notworthy:

Kind of like "but Bush" and CID's just pointing out the hypocrisy of the Orange Man bad crowd.

He IS a bad man....a very bad man. And I can't believe the people giving him a free pass in comparison to other Presidents. I guess it's just the anti-government crowd that would rather see a free-for-all anarchy type set-up in this country. Let's see.....anti-government, pro-gun, pro-authoritarian....yeah, I think most of us see where this is going and we WILL stop it. :nod:

Go Black Bears!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Trump Gave Merkel an Invoice for NATO

Post by UNI88 »

mainejeff wrote:
UNI88 wrote:Kind of like "but Bush" and CID's just pointing out the hypocrisy of the Orange Man bad crowd.

He IS a bad man....a very bad man. And I can't believe the people giving him a free pass in comparison to other Presidents. I guess it's just the anti-government crowd that would rather see a free-for-all anarchy type set-up in this country. Let's see.....anti-government, pro-gun, pro-authoritarian....yeah, I think most of us see where this is going and we WILL stop it. :nod:

Yes he is a bad man but that doesn't mean that everything he proposes or does is bad which the Donks don't seem to understand (and the Conks didn't seem to understand with Obama).

The anarchy argument is even more BS then the Soviet socialist argument that I like to use.