Political discussions
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:Op-ed from Fusion GPS regarding the Steele Dossier, their congressional testimony and disclosure of possible outside threats, and the apparent disinterest by the investigating committee to look into Trump's financials. Who knows whether there's anything illegal or just embarrassment but if there's nothing to hide, why not make it all public to remove any doubts, and finally move on? Isn't the public owed this type of sunlight?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/02/opin ... d=fb-share
Reads like a legal strategy to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:Bannon is smart. The Trump family is not. This might be interesting.
Bannon just shot himself in the balls. He’s nothing without Trump. He won’t swing a single primary.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

With this Bannon "news", we now get to see the leftist change narratives (again) and proclaim that Bannon is a brilliant genius all along, and not the vile nazi they've been claiming for the last year+.

PURE GOLD!!! :rofl:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:Op-ed from Fusion GPS regarding the Steele Dossier, their congressional testimony and disclosure of possible outside threats, and the apparent disinterest by the investigating committee to look into Trump's financials. Who knows whether there's anything illegal or just embarrassment but if there's nothing to hide, why not make it all public to remove any doubts, and finally move on? Isn't the public owed this type of sunlight?

Come to find out, the reason there's no "sunlight" is because it was Fusion GPS that specifically asked that the transcripts not be released, and the request is on the Congressional hearing record.

Add to this that Fusion GPS official took the 5th to force a closed door session.

NOW they want things in the open (which will happen)

I wonder why? It couldn't possibly be coordinated with the members of the committee threatening a minority report unless they call more witnesses, like Don Jr. Maybe he can testify for another 7 hours?

This isn't about transparency, klam. The Democrats just want to drag the hearings into 2018 because they need it to run up against the midterms. And ultimately it doesn't matter. The Mueller investigation is controlling in this instance, and maybe people are starting to realize that isn't going to produce the results they want.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:

Come to find out, the reason there's no "sunlight" is because it was Fusion GPS that specifically asked that the transcripts not be released, and the request is on the Congressional hearing record.

Add to this that Fusion GPS official took the 5th to force a closed door session.

I wonder why? It couldn't possibly be coordinated with the members of the committee threatening a minority report unless they call more witnesses, like Don Jr. Maybe he can testify for another 7 hours?

This isn't about transparency, klam. The Democrats just want to drag the hearings into 2018 because they need it to run up against the midterms. And ultimately it doesn't matter. The Mueller investigation is controlling in this instance, and maybe people are starting to realize that isn't going to produce the results they want.
I was referring to the Trump organization's financials in general, not just Fusion GPS. Bannon may be full of shit in his money laundering accusation and actually know nothing, but it's not exactly a stretch between Manafort, the Bank of Cyprus, the meeting in Trump Tower in 2016, and Eric Trump's quote in 2014 that they get funds from the Russians to finance golf development to connect some dots and raise eyebrows. If Bannon is full of shit and making this up, what's the payoff for him? I'm guessing he's smart enough to have realized the implications of taking on Trump head on.

Again, there may be nothing there, but financial disclosure would end the speculation for sure.

Of course Dems are going to leverage the situation from a political standpoint, but transparency is still a good thing.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

I was referring to the Trump organization's financials in general, not just Fusion GPS. Bannon may be full of **** in his money laundering accusation and actually know nothing, but it's not exactly a stretch between Manafort, the Bank of Cyprus, the meeting in Trump Tower in 2016, and Eric Trump's quote in 2014 that they get funds from the Russians to finance golf development to connect some dots and raise eyebrows. If Bannon is full of **** and making this up, what's the payoff for him? I'm guessing he's smart enough to have realized the implications of taking on Trump head on.

Again, there may be nothing there, but financial disclosure would end the speculation for sure.

Of course Dems are going to leverage the situation from a political standpoint, but transparency is still a good thing.
Refer to what you want -

But what you linked was an op-ed from two guys who now claim to want something exactly opposite from what they angled for in Congressional hearings - and in fact they delegitimized exactly what they were trying to advocate for in the process

It might be time for the Russia cheerleaders to sit down and hush because they are only hurting their case

I’m actually trying to figure out what hasn’t been transparent about the House and Senate investigations - everything that has been closed door has been so at the behest of minority deponents- like Fusion GPS
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:
I was referring to the Trump organization's financials in general, not just Fusion GPS. Bannon may be full of **** in his money laundering accusation and actually know nothing, but it's not exactly a stretch between Manafort, the Bank of Cyprus, the meeting in Trump Tower in 2016, and Eric Trump's quote in 2014 that they get funds from the Russians to finance golf development to connect some dots and raise eyebrows. If Bannon is full of **** and making this up, what's the payoff for him? I'm guessing he's smart enough to have realized the implications of taking on Trump head on.

Refer to what you want -

But what you linked was an op-ed from two guys who now claim to want something exactly opposite from what they angled for in Congressional hearings - and in fact they delegitimized exactly what they were trying to advocate for in the process

It might be time for the Russia cheerleaders to sit down and hush because they are only hurting their case

I’m actually trying to figure out what hasn’t been transparent about the House and Senate investigations - everything that has been closed door has been so at the behest of minority deponents- like Fusion GPS
Is it surprising that Fusion GPS is pushing back? It's not a smoking gun, just more smoke. You're trying very hard though to dismiss it all.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SDHornet wrote:With this Bannon "news", we now get to see the leftist change narratives (again) and proclaim that Bannon is a brilliant genius all along, and not the vile nazi they've been claiming for the last year+.

Who's saying Bannon is a brilliant genius? The man just helped lose Alabama to a Democrat, and his only goal is to dismantle the administrative state and sow chaos. Bannon's essentially a dick that likes to see the world burn and doesn't really hide his intentions at all. I've read some doctors saying he shows the hallmark trades of an untreated sociopath.

Heck, I can agree with Trump on a few things, but it doesn't make Trump a genius. Same with Bannon.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

∞∞∞ wrote:
SDHornet wrote:With this Bannon "news", we now get to see the leftist change narratives (again) and proclaim that Bannon is a brilliant genius all along, and not the vile nazi they've been claiming for the last year+.

Who's saying Bannon is a brilliant genius? The man just helped lose Alabama to a Democrat, and his only goal is to dismantle the administrative state and sow chaos. Bannon's essentially a dick that likes to see the world burn and doesn't really hide his intentions at all. I've read some doctors saying he shows the hallmark trades of an untreated sociopath.

Heck, I can agree with Trump on a few things, but it doesn't make Trump a genius. Same with Bannon.
You just violated GannonFan’s trademark on the use of “heck.” He’s well known around here as “Dr. Heck.” You should either lawyer up, or prepare to be audited by Dr. Heck.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

∞∞∞ wrote:

Why can't vile nazis be brilliant geniuses too?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Who's saying Bannon is a brilliant genius? The man just helped lose Alabama to a Democrat, and his only goal is to dismantle the administrative state and sow chaos. Bannon's essentially a dick that likes to see the world burn and doesn't really hide his intentions at all. I've read some doctors saying he shows the hallmark trades of an untreated sociopath.

You just violated GannonFan’s trademark on the use of “heck.” He’s well known around here as “Dr. Heck.” You should either lawyer up, or prepare to be audited by Dr. Heck.
Heck, I'm okay with people using the term "heck". It's like a stamp of my impact on others. #respect.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

GannonFan wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: You just violated GannonFan’s trademark on the use of “heck.” He’s well known around here as “Dr. Heck.” You should either lawyer up, or prepare to be audited by Dr. Heck.
Heck, I'm okay with people using the term "heck". It's like a stamp of my impact on others. #respect.
The heck with you, then.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
The heck with you, then.
Bravo. :clap:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Refer to what you want -

Is it surprising that Fusion GPS is pushing back? It's not a smoking gun, just more smoke. You're trying very hard though to dismiss it all.
No, you’re completely missing the point. Fusion GPS has done a complete 180. Why do you think that is?

Don’t pretend to understand if you don’t... just say so and I’ll explain the question more simply.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Who's saying Bannon is a brilliant genius? The man just helped lose Alabama to a Democrat, and his only goal is to dismantle the administrative state and sow chaos. Bannon's essentially a dick that likes to see the world burn and doesn't really hide his intentions at all. I've read some doctors saying he shows the hallmark trades of an untreated sociopath.

Because punch a nazi. Remember that whole leftist theme? :lol:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

SDHornet wrote:
kalm wrote:
Because punch a nazi. Remember that whole leftist theme? :lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Bannon is a Deep State Hillarybot.

I wonder what his Grand Jury testimony was like. :lol:
..the music so sweet...
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CAA Flagship wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Because punch a nazi. Remember that whole leftist theme? :lol:
that's beautiful, man..... that's how you deal with Nazi's if you don't have your gun with you. :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

I'm not. I'm just enjoying the entertainment! :thumb: :rofl:

But you're right.....PURE GOLD!!!

BURN BABY BURN!!!! Bring the house down!
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
Tell me what you think it means. You just posted a blog and said: "I'll leave this here." I read that as a trolling attempt.

I assume you legitimately think they're part of a Deep State conspiracy/coup?
Deep State...nah more politically motivated than anything. These are hillbots (donors) putting party before country, one of whom was directly involved with the dossier creation that got this whole nothingburger jump started. Horowitz is looking into things now. Should be interesting going forward, and not in a "hey we finally have proof of collusion" kind of way.
I keep telling you that collusion is not the story but you insist on clinging to this phony narrative... :ohno:

One more time, amigo: money laundering.

Pay attention when I try to help you through life, I won't always be here to do that for you, :coffee:

You especially don't want to miss the part where he sacrifices immediate family members on the altar of deniability. That's going to be hilarious... :thumb:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote: No, you’re completely missing the point. Fusion GPS has done a complete 180. Why do you think that is?

Don’t pretend to understand if you don’t... just say so and I’ll explain the question more simply.
It's cool you and Nunes have a new hobby horse now.

Why aren't y'all still harping on the unmasking story? :coffee:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:
No, you’re completely missing the point. Fusion GPS has done a complete 180. Why do you think that is?

I think you might be confusing YOUR point with THE point. :lol: I'll take a stab at yours though and guess that it's because they've been attacked with leaked snippets of information and feel it's time to let all their info out. I can only imagine why they wanted their testimony private in the first place (I'm guessing there are sound reasons) but since they're now asking for it all to be made public, who cares? (Other than those who don't want all the information out and tribalists). Sunlight is good.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

∞∞∞ wrote:

You say that like its a bad thing... :?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

I think you might be confusing YOUR point with THE point. :lol: I'll take a stab at yours though and guess that it's because they've been attacked with leaked snippets of information and feel it's time to let all their info out. I can only imagine why they wanted their testimony private in the first place (I'm guessing there are sound reasons) but since they're now asking for it all to be made public, who cares? (Other than those who don't want all the information out and tribalists). Sunlight is good.
Since you have apparently joined Jelly in being completely myopic about this entire thing-

and you are right - sunlight IS good - and you can refer to my other post that points out that the temper tantrum of an NYT article that you posted directly coincides with Fusion GPS losing their bid in court to keep their bank statements away from investigators

sunlight indeed - somehow I doubt you are going to be as enthusiastic about what gets exposed

this whole subtopic is going to die on the vine in short order

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote: No, you’re completely missing the point. Fusion GPS has done a complete 180. Why do you think that is?

It's cool you and Nunes have a new hobby horse now.

Why aren't y'all still harping on the unmasking story? :coffee:
There's a whole slew of people picking up on the idea that there was misconduct at FBI -

but don't lose heart, Jelly.... misconduct at the FBI doesnt mean the Trumpers DIDNT do something wrong

The unmasking issue is still out there but it is small beans at this point

unlike your hobby horse, which was DOA the moment you started this thread

where's the collusion, Jelly?