"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by SeattleGriz »

Priestap is cooperating with the Obamagate Spy Scandal. Only guy you haven't heard about.

I like the end of the article in which you will see arrests and indictments all during the 2018 election cycle.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... ore-145720
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Like so many people in the public arena, the combination of Trump’s 2016 victory and the fear-mongering specter of Putin as an omnipotent mastermind seems to have broken Laurence Tribe's brain, or at least the part of it responsible for rational reasoning.

If you claim to hate Fake News and deranged conspiracy mongering, you can't make exceptions for those who you think are doing it for the right cause:

https://theintercept.com/2018/02/12/har ... g-debacle/
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Yeah, not defending Laurence Tribe, Louise Mensch, etc. They're definitely loony toons.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Yeah, not defending Laurence Tribe, Louise Mensch, etc. They're definitely loony toons.
The way that you can calmly disassociate yourself from the mad ravings of Laurence Tribe, when this entire thread has been your own version of the mental asylum inmate scratching a paranoid screed out on the padded wall of your cell about how everything is a conspiracy and *gasp* RUSSIANS!!! *gasp*, is truly an exercise in paying no attention whatsoever to cognitive dissonance. :nod:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Yeah, not defending Laurence Tribe, Louise Mensch, etc. They're definitely loony toons.
The way that you can calmly disassociate yourself from the mad ravings of Laurence Tribe, when this entire thread has been your own version of the mental asylum inmate scratching a paranoid screed out on the padded wall of your cell about how everything is a conspiracy and *gasp* RUSSIANS!!! *gasp*, is truly an exercise in paying no attention whatsoever to cognitive dissonance. :nod:
Good going GF, you likely just chased away jellybean for another week or two by calling out his nonsense on this new Russian Scare...now where the hell am I going to get my political entertainment?!?!?! :ohno:

:rofl:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

GannonFan wrote:
I don't know as much about Tribe - but, Mensch was claiming there were sealed indictments against Trump and about everyone else in the adminstration a year ago. At one point claiming there were US Marshalls in route for mass arrests. :lol:

What's the most ridiculous or baseless claim I've made in this thread? :suspicious:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SDHornet wrote: Good going GF, you likely just chased away jellybean for another week or two by calling out his nonsense on this new Russian Scare...now where the hell am I going to get my political entertainment?!?!?! :ohno:

:rofl:
How did your memo that was going to end the Mueller investigation go? I think the only news from it was that the FISA warrant on Carter Page was renewed under Trump's Justice Department and signed off by two Trump appointees. :lol: I guess Mueller will be closing up shop any day now.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Tribe was my Con Law perfesser at Harvard. He’s become crazier over time. Never got that SCOTUS appointment he craved.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Sounding like Mueller and Weismann are making another bird sing. :coffee:
Former Trump campaign adviser Rick Gates is finalizing a plea deal with special counsel Robert Mueller's office, indicating he's poised to cooperate in the investigation, according to sources familiar with the case.

Gates has already spoken to Mueller's team about his case and has been in plea negotiations for about a month. He's had what criminal lawyers call a "Queen for a Day" interview, in which a defendant answers any questions from the prosecutors' team, including about his own case and other potential criminal activity he witnessed.
Gates' cooperation could be another building block for Mueller in a possible case against President Donald Trump or key members of his team.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/15/politics ... index.html

Steve Bannon, the combative former chief strategist for President Donald Trump, was interrogated for 20 hours over two days this week as part of special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation, according to a person familiar with the process.

The person, who declined to be named because they were not authorized to publicly discuss the investigation, said Bannon answered every question that was put to him by Mueller's team. That's in contrast to a Thursday interview with the House intelligence committee, where Bannon declined to answer some of lawmakers' questions, despite a subpoena.

While the exact questions for Bannon are unknown, Mueller is investigating whether there was any coordination between Trump's campaign and Russians who meddled in the 2016 election, and also whether there have been any efforts to obstruct the ongoing FBI probe into those contacts. The House panel is investigating the meddling and whether Trump's campaign was involved.

Because Bannon was one of Trump's top advisers, both Mueller and the lawmakers were expected to question him about key events during his time in the White House, including Trump's firings of former national security adviser Michael Flynn and former FBI Director James Comey.

After Bannon's roughly three-hour interview on Capitol Hill, Republicans on the House intelligence panel were weighing whether to hold him in contempt. Like his first visit to the House intelligence committee in January, Bannon declined to answer questions in the closed-door session.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bannon-h ... itics.html
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

A federal grand jury in the District of Columbia on Friday indicted 13 Russian nationals and three Russian entities accused of interfering in U.S. elections.

The announcement came from the office of Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

According to the special counsel, the indictment charges the defendants with conspiracy to defraud the United States, three defendants with conspiracy to commit wire fraud and bank fraud and five defendants with aggravated identity theft.

The indictment says the defendants and their co-conspirators used fictitious online personas to interfere with the 2016 presidential election in the United States.

They are accused of spreading derogatory information about Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, denigrating Republican candidates Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio -- and supporting Democratic candidate Bernie Sanders and then-Republican candidate Donald Trump.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein is scheduled to hold a press conference Friday afternoon.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02 ... tions.html

https://www.justice.gov/file/1035477/download
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
A federal grand jury in the District of Columbia on Friday indicted 13 Russian nationals and three Russian entities accused of interfering in U.S. elections.

The announcement came from the office of Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

According to the special counsel, the indictment charges the defendants with conspiracy to defraud the United States, three defendants with conspiracy to commit wire fraud and bank fraud and five defendants with aggravated identity theft.

The indictment says the defendants and their co-conspirators used fictitious online personas to interfere with the 2016 presidential election in the United States.

They are accused of spreading derogatory information about Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, denigrating Republican candidates Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio -- and supporting Democratic candidate Bernie Sanders and then-Republican candidate Donald Trump.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein is scheduled to hold a press conference Friday afternoon.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02 ... tions.html

https://www.justice.gov/file/1035477/download
I knew that Sanders guy was a commie!
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
I knew that Sanders guy was a commie!
And a kalmie. :nod:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Special Counsel announces guilty plea of Richard Pinedo of Santa Paula, California
https://www.justice.gov/file/1035547/download
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

So, does this end any chance of Bernie "He's the Russian Pick" Sanders running for election in 2020?

Apparently these groups weren't entirely sold on Trump as the President. After the election, apparently they allegedly staged two political rallies, one in New York and one in North Carolina, that were "Trump is not My President" rallies. I get it that they want political discord, but does this throw into speculation that Skelly and JSO could actually be Russian plants, posting relentlessly here over the past few years in an effort to heat up political discourse?

Granted, it doesn't seal the door on collusion entirely, but that's door's getting closer and closer to being shut as time goes on. Obstruction and shady financials still on the table.

Oh, RUSSIANS!!!!!!!
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Busy week for the Mueller and the Justice League.

20 hours with Bannon.
Interviewed Corallo.
Proffered Gates.
Indicted 13 Russians.

:notworthy:

Interesting personal note: the troll farm in St Petersburg was 2 blocks from my in-laws. I was living in Russia summer of 2015 to summer of 2016. I was nearby all the time while this was going down. :lol:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Skjellyfetti wrote:I was living in Russia summer of 2015 to summer of 2016.
Not really surprising Komrade.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Ok I made a typo. The HORROR. You know what I mean. The Nunes memo is a bunch of crap.
Really? Look at your bias in how you talk about Trump and tell me the FBI and DOJ don't have anyone that is willing to put their fingers on the scale of Justice?
The way I talk about Trump isn't due to bias. It's due to an objective assessment of the guy's history and behavior. As far as the memo goes: I think any reader can see things that are consistent with the FBI's statement that it has material omissions of fact that cause it to create false impressions.

One thing is that the Nunes Memo clearly creates the impression that the FBI did not let the FISA judge know that the Steel dossier had political origins. At this point it's pretty clear that both sides agree that the FBI did that. They did let the judge know. One report on that is at https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/ ... ant-390795.
Devin Nunes said Monday the FBI had disclosed political backing for a Trump-Russia dossier in October 2016, but a controversial GOP memo released last week did not mention it.
What I saw in the immediate aftermath of that coming to light is Republicans basically saying yeah they disclosed political origins but didn't specifically say the DNC and Clinton. As though a FISA judge couldn't figure out who Trump's political opposition was. That's ridiculous.

Then, incredibly, the Nunes Memo included this:
Yet, in early January 2017, Director Comey briefed President-elect Trump on a summary of the Steele dossier, even though it was—according to his June 2017 testimony—“salacious and unverified.”
When I read that I couldn't believe they would be so brazen as to do that. That's a talking point that Republican politicians have been using but Comey never said the Memo was salacious and unverified. He said that certain DETAILS of it are salacious and unverified. The memo clearly included an out of context quote of three words to create a false impression.

Those two things, alone, tell you if you are willing to be objective that the FBI assessment of it is correct.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Using Reuters here since as far as I can tell everybody agrees it's a credible source:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1G022U
A Russian Internet agency oversaw a criminal and espionage conspiracy to tamper in the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign to support Donald Trump and disparage Hillary Clinton, said an indictment released on Friday that revealed more details than previously known about Moscow’s purported effort to interfere.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Congratulations to you Trump zombies for helping the Russians to undermine the United States. Hope you're proud of yourselves.
Could I ever be a star?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Here lies Analjelly

19??- 2018

He fapped himself to death after the Mueller indictments

RIP
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Image
:rofl: :rofl: :notworthy: :notworthy:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge wrote: The way I talk about Trump isn't due to bias. It's due to an objective assessment of the guy's history and behavior.
What you fail to accept is that Trump is like broccoli. You may not like it, but it's good for you.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:So, does this end any chance of Bernie "He's the Russian Pick" Sanders running for election in 2020?

Apparently these groups weren't entirely sold on Trump as the President. After the election, apparently they allegedly staged two political rallies, one in New York and one in North Carolina, that were "Trump is not My President" rallies. I get it that they want political discord, but does this throw into speculation that Skelly and JSO could actually be Russian plants, posting relentlessly here over the past few years in an effort to heat up political discourse?

Granted, it doesn't seal the door on collusion entirely, but that's door's getting closer and closer to being shut as time goes on. Obstruction and shady financials still on the table.

Oh, RUSSIANS!!!!!!!
I haven’t read into it, is there a chance they were propping up Bernie because it was perceived Hillary was the stronger candidate or to keep the progressives at home?