JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by JohnStOnge »

CAA Flagship wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote: The way I talk about Trump isn't due to bias. It's due to an objective assessment of the guy's history and behavior.
What you fail to accept is that Trump is like broccoli. You may not like it, but it's good for you.
Actually I like broccoli. And Trump getting elected President was not good for the United States. Also I guarantee you the Russians weren't supporting him getting elected because THEY thought him being President would be good for the United States.

The fact that they were for him and against Hillary pretty much tells you they thought HIllary being elected would be better for the United States.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by JohnStOnge »

And by the way we continue to have this situation where Trump refuses to enact sanctions against Russia. At some point even the most obtuse Trump zombies among you have to start wondering about that. Recall that the story is that Michael Steele felt he had to go to the FBI because he thought he saw that the Russians had information that could compromise Trump if he got elected. And here is Trump inexplicably continuing to avoid doing anything about Russia. At some point you have to notice that.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: What you fail to accept is that Trump is like broccoli. You may not like it, but it's good for you.
Actually I like broccoli. And Trump getting elected President was not good for the United States. Also I guarantee you the Russians weren't supporting him getting elected because THEY thought him being President would be good for the United States.

The fact that they were for him and against Hillary pretty much tells you they thought HIllary being elected would be better for the United States.
I like broccoli too. All sorts but especially roasted and tossed with pine nuts and cambozola.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Mueller indicted a bunch of Russians

to convince the only guy in America who still says Russians didnt interfere in the election

maybe next week he'll indict water for being wet

I notice that these are indictments stemming from things we have known from the start - and have actual evidence for

imagine that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: What you fail to accept is that Trump is like broccoli. You may not like it, but it's good for you.

Ponder this:
The Russians had a ton of dirt on Hillary (emails, Uranium deal, etc). Why didn't they want her to take office?
Wouldn't it be more disruptive for America if she won and then they release all the dirt on a sitting President?
Wouldn't that be a more effective way to mess with America?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Ponder this:
The Russians had a ton of dirt on Hillary (emails, Uranium deal, etc). Why didn't they want her to take office?
Wouldn't it be more disruptive for America if she won and then they release all the dirt on a sitting President?
Wouldn't that be a more effective way to mess with America?
Hillary doesn’t owe them money.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:And by the way we continue to have this situation where Trump refuses to enact sanctions against Russia. At some point even the most obtuse Trump zombies among you have to start wondering about that. Recall that the story is that Michael Steele felt he had to go to the FBI because he thought he saw that the Russians had information that could compromise Trump if he got elected. And here is Trump inexplicably continuing to avoid doing anything about Russia. At some point you have to notice that.
Not Michael Steele, douchebag. He’s black. Christopher Steele, the corrupt white British douchebag.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote:Mueller indicted a bunch of Russians

to convince the only guy in America who still says Russians didnt interfere in the election
You were still questioning that as of this past fall right? :suspicious:

CID1990 wrote:I notice that these are indictments stemming from things we have known from the start - and have actual evidence for

imagine that
There were a lot of people on here doubting the financial implications of the investigation - pretty sure that was you as well. I know you said numerous times that it would be Flynn on FARA and that would b it. And, I remember last Spring arguing quite a bit about the implications of FinCEN's involvement with people on here.

And, there is public evidence of coordination. You're in denial. I would agree that there is still a big question about proof and whether it is indictable - but, there is definitely evidence.

Goldstone: ~"I have dirt on Hillary. Part of the Russian's government's effort to help your dad. Super secret and can't be shared on email. Want to meet?"

Trump Jr: ~"If it's what you say I love it."

Trump Jr. attended the meeting with Kushner and Manafort in the hopes of getting dirt on Hillary from the Kremlin. That can't be in dispute. It's a matter of attempted coordination vs coordination. It's whether Trump Jr, and co. are being 100% upfront about the Trump Tower meeting.

Not proof... but, the emails are absolutely evidence of coordination. :nod: And, it's definitely still under investigation - while you've been convinced Mueller ruled it out almost immediately.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Mueller indicted a bunch of Russians

You were still questioning that as of this past fall right? :suspicious:

CID1990 wrote:I notice that these are indictments stemming from things we have known from the start - and have actual evidence for

imagine that
There were a lot of people on here doubting the financial implications of the investigation - pretty sure that was you as well. I know you said numerous times that it would be Flynn on FARA and that would b it. And, I remember last Spring arguing quite a bit about the implications of FinCEN's involvement with people on here.

And, there is public evidence of coordination. You're in denial. I would agree that there is still a big question about proof and whether it is indictable - but, there is definitely evidence.

Goldstone: ~"I have dirt on Hillary. Part of the Russian's government's effort to help your dad. Super secret and can't be shared on email. Want to meet?"

Trump Jr: ~"If it's what you say I love it."

Trump Jr. attended the meeting with Kushner and Manafort in the hopes of getting dirt on Hillary from the Kremlin. That can't be in dispute. It's a matter of attempted coordination vs coordination. It's whether Trump Jr, and co. are being 100% upfront about the Trump Tower meeting.

Not proof... but, the emails are absolutely evidence of coordination. :nod: And, it's definitely still under investigation - while you've been convinced Mueller ruled it out almost immediately.
Wrong.

I’ve been pretty consistent all along that the Russians do now and have historically interfered in our politics.

If you are talking about the rumors of the DNC staffer leaking emails instead of Guccifer hacking them, you need to go back and read again, Junior. I have never suggested that the Russians don’t play games - quite the opposite - I’ve always said the Russians oppose us on ALL fronts, to include interfering in our elections.

And for the 100th time, Mueller is not focusing on collusion. Those allegations are easily corroborated or impeached, and one of those two things has already happened - care to guess which one?

Mueller HAS to make a show of it. Otherwise you and the rest will be tearing your eyes out when the indictments you’re hoping for don’t come in.

Better get your posthole digger ready for those goalposts for a much more significant relocation
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Fuck the Uniparty!
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Rosenstein statement on the indictment

"Now there is no allegation in this indictment that any American was a knowing participant in this illegal activity," Rosenstein said. "There is no allegation in the indictment that the charged conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election."

:coffee:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote:Rosenstein statement on the indictment

"Now there is no allegation in this indictment that any American was a knowing participant in this illegal activity," Rosenstein said. "There is no allegation in the indictment that the charged conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election."

Well then...ibguess that settles it.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:Rosenstein statement on the indictment

Well then...ibguess that settles it.
No, it doesn’t

But we’re near the end
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... -vote.html

Thank goodness minority voters have progressives looking out for them, because they're basically children who can't be trusted to use their own heads and not let social media noise influence them.

:lol:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Mueller Charges Lawyer With Lying in Russia Probe

An attorney who worked for a prominent law firm was charged with making false statements to federal authorities as part of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe of Russian collusion in the 2016 presidential election.

Alex Van Der Zwaan was charged Feb. 16 in federal court in Washington with lying to investigators about conversations related to a report he helped prepare on the trial of a Ukrainian politician, Yulia Tymoshenko. Van Der Zwaan was charged with a criminal information, which typically precedes a guilty plea.

Van Der Zwaan, identified on his LinkedIn page as an associate in the London office of Skadden, Arps, Slate Meagher & Flom, was questioned regarding the firm’s work in 2012 on behalf of the Ukraine Ministry of Justice. He allegedly lied to investigators about his last communications with Richard Gates, who was indicted in October with ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort over their consulting work in Ukraine.

The lawyer also allegedly lied about his talks with someone else, referred to by the government as "Person A.” Van Der Zwaan deleted and failed to produce emails sought by the special counsel and a law firm, prosecutors said.

Calls to the lawyer and the law firm weren’t immediately returned.

The Justice Department had asked Skadden for information and documents related to its work for the Yanukovych government, the New York Times reported in September.

The firm produced a report earlier in the decade for the pro-Russian government in Ukraine that largely defended the prosecution and conviction of Tymoshenko. The report defied the view held by the U.S. and the European Union that the case against her was politically motivated. The firm’s $12,000 fee was modest, just below the amount that required public bidding.

The following year, however, with no further work done, Ukraine sent Skadden $1 million. After the pro-Russian government was run out of town in 2014, the new authorities began investigating.

Paul Manafort was involved in recruiting Skadden to prepare the report on behalf of Ukraine, according to documents reviewed by Bloomberg News. The Skadden team was headed by Gregory Craig, a partner who had worked as President Barack Obama’s White House counsel from 2009 to 2010 and for President Bill Clinton during his impeachment.

Mueller’s indictment of Manafort alleges that offshore accounts associated with Manafort and his partner, Rick Gates, paid more than $2 million between 2012 and 2014 to two companies that lobbied members of Congress and their staffs about Ukraine sanctions and “the propriety of imprisoning his presidential rival.”

The charges come four days after Mueller accused 13 Russians of a sophisticated disinformation campaign using a troll army that targeted the 2016 campaign and sought to sow discord in the U.S.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ssia-probe
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Mueller Charges Lawyer With Lying in Russia Probe

An attorney who worked for a prominent law firm was charged with making false statements to federal authorities as part of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe of Russian collusion in the 2016 presidential election.

Alex Van Der Zwaan was charged Feb. 16 in federal court in Washington with lying to investigators about conversations related to a report he helped prepare on the trial of a Ukrainian politician, Yulia Tymoshenko. Van Der Zwaan was charged with a criminal information, which typically precedes a guilty plea.

Van Der Zwaan, identified on his LinkedIn page as an associate in the London office of Skadden, Arps, Slate Meagher & Flom, was questioned regarding the firm’s work in 2012 on behalf of the Ukraine Ministry of Justice. He allegedly lied to investigators about his last communications with Richard Gates, who was indicted in October with ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort over their consulting work in Ukraine.

The lawyer also allegedly lied about his talks with someone else, referred to by the government as "Person A.” Van Der Zwaan deleted and failed to produce emails sought by the special counsel and a law firm, prosecutors said.

Calls to the lawyer and the law firm weren’t immediately returned.

The Justice Department had asked Skadden for information and documents related to its work for the Yanukovych government, the New York Times reported in September.

The firm produced a report earlier in the decade for the pro-Russian government in Ukraine that largely defended the prosecution and conviction of Tymoshenko. The report defied the view held by the U.S. and the European Union that the case against her was politically motivated. The firm’s $12,000 fee was modest, just below the amount that required public bidding.

The following year, however, with no further work done, Ukraine sent Skadden $1 million. After the pro-Russian government was run out of town in 2014, the new authorities began investigating.

Paul Manafort was involved in recruiting Skadden to prepare the report on behalf of Ukraine, according to documents reviewed by Bloomberg News. The Skadden team was headed by Gregory Craig, a partner who had worked as President Barack Obama’s White House counsel from 2009 to 2010 and for President Bill Clinton during his impeachment.

Mueller’s indictment of Manafort alleges that offshore accounts associated with Manafort and his partner, Rick Gates, paid more than $2 million between 2012 and 2014 to two companies that lobbied members of Congress and their staffs about Ukraine sanctions and “the propriety of imprisoning his presidential rival.”

The charges come four days after Mueller accused 13 Russians of a sophisticated disinformation campaign using a troll army that targeted the 2016 campaign and sought to sow discord in the U.S.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ssia-probe
While lying to federal investigators or grand juries is never a good thing, you have to admire Mueller for reaching as far back as he can. Part of the indictment on this dude is not being truthful about if he handed over all the e-mails related to his work in 2012 when he was working with Manafort and the Ukranian Department of Justice (certainly at the time influenced in a negative way by Yanukovych) on the Yulia Tymoshenko corruption case. While I appreciate and take great interest in political happenings around the world, even I had to reach back and remember who Tymoshenko was.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

My guess is Mueller thinks he has information he wants and that he needs a little prodding to be completely truthful this go round.

Also a warning to people that are testifying or have testified: Don't fucking lie. About anything. :whip:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:My guess is Mueller thinks he has information he wants and that he needs a little prodding to be completely truthful this go round.

Also a warning to people that are testifying or have testified: Don't **** lie. About anything. :whip:
Or he's just annoyed this guy did lie about something and decided to screw with him. Which I'm fine with. Lying under oath should be punished, no matter what the subject matter. :thumb:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

GannonFan wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:My guess is Mueller thinks he has information he wants and that he needs a little prodding to be completely truthful this go round.

Also a warning to people that are testifying or have testified: Don't **** lie. About anything. :whip:
Or he's just annoyed this guy did lie about something and decided to screw with him. Which I'm fine with. Lying under oath should be punished, no matter what the subject matter. :thumb:
Even blow jobs. Especially blow jobs. :nod:

No homo.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:

Lying under oath - absolutely

Lying to federal agents while not under oath should not be criminal though

one of the worst fed laws on the books out there and it is never challenged

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Lying to Charleston PD is a crime as well, right?
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Lying to Charleston PD is a crime as well, right?
On what planet?

You can lie to the police all you want - anywhere. But you cannot lie to the Feds.

Seriously do you even look stuff up before asking stupid questions?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

What's that clacking sound I can hear all the way on the other side of the globe?

It's Jelly... furiously typing away, searching for some podunk PD in Vermont that has a city ordinance making it illegal to lie to the shire reeve

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

What got you so worked up? Always figured it was. Didn't know. Asked a question.

Deep breaths
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Lying to Charleston PD is a crime as well, right?
On what planet?

You can lie to the police all you want - anywhere. But you cannot lie to the Feds.

Seriously do you even look stuff up before asking stupid questions?
Pfft...
I'm not sure I've ever told a police officer the actual truth..?

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus