Political discussions
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: I agree, there's no crime called collusion; it's like there's no crime for "taking someone's stuff." It's called theft, just like collusion is called conspiracy. It's "Conspiracy to defraud the United States" in particular, which sounds like a high crime to me, but innocent until proven guilty, amirite? (except if you're Hillary).

I personally think Mueller's moved on a long time ago. He set up the conspiracy by indicting the Russians and now he's looking to find the American co-conspirators. I wonder who those are...

Trump's greatest moment will come when he throws his kids under the bus in a desperate, failed attempt to save save the flabby sack of verbal flatulence that is himself.
And you should know from flabby sacks of verbal flatulence
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Ivytalk wrote:
houndawg wrote:

Trump's greatest moment will come when he throws his kids under the bus in a desperate, failed attempt to save save the flabby sack of verbal flatulence that is himself.
And you should know from flabby sacks of verbal flatulence
Ivy seems pretty grumpy about how things are proceeding...

:|
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: And you should know from flabby sacks of verbal flatulence

I've noticed that too, but why? :question:

His party may never be in more control of things than they are now. I'm considering voting for Trump next go around just to finally give trickle down the chance it deserves.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Now the Trumpster himself saying that collusion isn't a crime.

Must be the new Fox News talking point because lots of conservatives are parroting it.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote:I guess it all boils down to who did what..

and whether the "what" fits into existing law

Treason is a stretch - especially outside of wartime. Even Nixon's shenanigans with the government of South Vietnam prior to his election doesn't really rise to that level - from a legal standpoint

Conspiracy isn't a stretch - but there will need to be material aid and support - a de facto case of Trump people giving info to the Russians that aided their efforts. Or telling them who to target, or actively participating in whatever

Outside of criminal conspiracy, I don't know what law we could fit the Krauthammer version of "collusion" under

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you still maintain Mueller ruled out collusion/coordination a week into his appointment?

And, as to the Krauthammer version - it assumes their fourth or fifth revision of their cover story was completely truthful.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote:I guess it all boils down to who did what..

and whether the "what" fits into existing law

Treason is a stretch - especially outside of wartime. Even Nixon's shenanigans with the government of South Vietnam prior to his election doesn't really rise to that level - from a legal standpoint

Conspiracy isn't a stretch - but there will need to be material aid and support - a de facto case of Trump people giving info to the Russians that aided their efforts. Or telling them who to target, or actively participating in whatever

Outside of criminal conspiracy, I don't know what law we could fit the Krauthammer version of "collusion" under

Do you still maintain Mueller ruled out collusion/coordination a week into his appointment?

And, as to the Krauthammer version - it assumes their fourth or fifth revision of their cover story was completely truthful.
Yes, numbskull. There is the same amount of evidence for it now as there was then - zero. Stop rubbing your boner against my leg

There’s no collusion, Jelly. Not anything we have a law for. Mueller knows it and he’s not wasting any more time on it than he has to in order to keep you and the rest of the easily distracted hordes happy

Here’s what the Mueller report is going to say: it is going to admonish Trump for not keeping a tighter rein on his campaign, and for not telling his idiot staff to not talk to Russians. There’s going to be all kinds of talkety talk about how they loooked and loooked for collusion but found no evidence of it. You can take it to the bank.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Ok. Your previous post sounded too much like we were in agreement. Had to make sure we kept our distance.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:

Yes, numbskull. There is the same amount of evidence for it now as there was then - zero. Stop rubbing your boner against my leg

There’s no collusion, Jelly. Not anything we have a law for. Mueller knows it and he’s not wasting any more time on it than he has to in order to keep you and the rest of the easily distracted hordes happy

Here’s what the Mueller report is going to say: it is going to admonish Trump for not keeping a tighter rein on his campaign, and for not telling his idiot staff to not talk to Russians. There’s going to be all kinds of talkety talk about how they loooked and loooked for collusion but found no evidence of it. You can take it to the bank.
That's one of the funniest fucking things I've read on here all month. :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

His party may never be in more control of things than they are now. I'm considering voting for Trump next go around just to finally give trickle down the chance it deserves.
Name me one thing the Libertarian Party controls in Washington. Just one. 8-)
Your party is waiting in the wings. Nancy will be in the Palouse next week for a fundraiser. Go.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Chizzang wrote:

It's just a return of service in the online tennis match I've been playing with Houndy for several years. :coffee:
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vVXlLgifxQ

Glenn Greenwald interviews Noam Chomsky:

"There's no indication [Russian meddling] had much effect."

"Democrats seeking excuse for why they lost election."
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Pwns wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vVXlLgifxQ

Glenn Greenwald interviews Noam Chomsky:

"There's no indication [Russian meddling] had much effect."

"Democrats seeking excuse for why they lost election."
Remind me to put Chomsky on my 2019 celebrity deathwatch list.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Chizzang wrote:

He seems young to be so peevish. :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:

we need an emoji for this. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:

So like Benghazi but all the players on both sides are Republicans? :?
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Ok. Your previous post sounded too much like we were in agreement. Had to make sure we kept our distance.
I like to speak rhetorically sometimes

and on this thread, that means speaking with the assumption that there actually was some kind of criminal conspiracy

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

So Rod Rosenstein defended Manafort on these same charges 8 years ago?

Too good to be true.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Link? Rosenstein didn't defend Manafort 8 years ago. :roll:

Rosenstein was US Attorney for the District of Maryland 8 years ago. US Attorneys don't do much defending. :lol:

edit: after googling, this appears to come from a "Fox and Friends" segment. :roll:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Link? Rosenstein didn't defend Manafort 8 years ago. :roll:

Rosenstein was US Attorney for the District of Maryland 8 years ago. US Attorneys don't do much defending. Image

edit: after googling, this appears to come from a "Fox and Friends" segment. :roll:
From Judge Napolitano on Fox. I can't imagine him saying that unless he actually remembers it happening. Not sure he remembers correctly.

That's why I said too good to be true.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Womp womp.
Aide to Trump-confidant Roger Stone ordered to appear before Mueller grand jury

A former aide to longtime President Trump confidant Roger Stone must testify before the special counsel’s grand jury, a federal judge in Washington ruled Thursday.

The judge rejected a challenge from Andrew Miller, a former assistant to Stone, who tried to block subpoenas from special counsel Robert S. Mueller III in his ongoing investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

The redacted opinion from Chief Judge Beryl Howell, affirming the legal legitimacy of the special counsel’s appointment, does not identify Miller by name, but his attorney confirmed that the ruling is in response to Miller’s request.

Howell’s ruling orders Miller to “appear before the grand jury to provide testimony at the earliest date available” and to provide the subpoenaed records.

“We’re disappointed with the court’s ruling,” Miller’s attorney Paul Kamenar said in an interview. “But the judge obviously took our challenge to Mueller’s constitutionality seriously as evidenced by the 93-page opinion.”

Miller’s attorneys had argued that Mueller “wields too much power with too little accountability” and was unlawfully appointed, according to Howell’s summary of Miller’s filing.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/ ... edirect=on
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Link? Rosenstein didn't defend Manafort 8 years ago. :roll:

Rosenstein was US Attorney for the District of Maryland 8 years ago. US Attorneys don't do much defending. Image

This might be what this whole deal is about. To sum it up, the FBI had Paul Manafort on the same charges as Mueller has him, but let him go because he was only involved with 40 million on a 40 billion situation.

Small potatoes.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/02/20/ ... nt-handed/
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Republicans. As far as the eye can see.... :ohno:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

No wonder the FBI isn't complying with the House Investigation. Steele fed info to Ohr/FBI from the months running up to the election all the way through May 16.
Congressional investigators know that Christopher Steele, the former British spy who compiled the Trump dossier on behalf of the Clinton campaign, kept supplying allegations to the FBI after the 2016 election — and even after he was terminated as a source by the bureau for giving confidential information to the media.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... e-election

Yup, seems legit.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

SDHornet wrote:No wonder the FBI isn't complying with the House Investigation. Steele fed info to Ohr/FBI from the months running up to the election all the way through May 16.
Congressional investigators know that Christopher Steele, the former British spy who compiled the Trump dossier on behalf of the Clinton campaign, kept supplying allegations to the FBI after the 2016 election — and even after he was terminated as a source by the bureau for giving confidential information to the media.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... e-election

Yup, seems legit.
Don't forget Bruce's wife Nellie worked for Fusion GPS
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
Lawyers representing Prigozhin filed a motion. That's it.

Sounds to me like you're hoping the judge rules in favor Prigozhin and against Mueller. Am I wrong?
I don't have hopes one way or the other- but coming from you that question is RICH, Mister Casual Observer

I do like seeing due process run its course though

Watch what happens with this "just a motion"
Judge rules in favor of Mueller. :thumb:
Mueller Secures 'Firewall' Counsel Over Evidence in Russia Case

The U.S. judge overseeing Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s criminal case against Russians accused of interfering in the 2016 election agreed to appoint an independent lawyer to review pretrial evidence for possible national security issues before giving it to a Kremlin-linked defendant.

U.S. District Judge Dabney Friedrich in Washington on Monday approved a request to appoint a so-called firewall counsel envisioned as part of an earlier ruling on Mueller’s concern about providing evidence to Yevgeny Prigozhin, a longtime associate of Russian President Vladimir Putin. Prigozhin’s firm, Concord Management and Consulting LLC, was also indicted.

Mueller’s team had argued that if Prigozhin gains access to “sensitive” evidence, he could use it to thwart U.S. efforts to “prevent his continuing criminal activity in Russia and elsewhere” outside the U.S. Prigozhin, who provides food services to the Kremlin, is known as Putin’s chef. He and his company are among three firms and 13 people accused of producing propaganda at a Russian troll factory to whip up political strife in the U.S.

The U.S. said last month that the sensitive material includes information describing the government’s investigative techniques, identities of people and companies that are cooperating, and personal identifying information on individuals in the U.S. who were victims of identity theft.

Katherine Seikaly, a lawyer with Reed Smith who represents Concord, didn’t immediately return a call for comment.
https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/arti ... ssion=true
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)