Political discussions
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by houndawg »

JohnStOnge wrote:Obviously, the memo's voracity is in dispute. We all know the the Democrats claim it is misleading. And we all know the FBI and Justice Department say it's misleading. Yes, I know there are those of you who immediately dismiss that. I saw somebody say something interesting tonight. They said they think the FISA judges themselves will make a determination on whether or not there was an issue with the way the FBI and Justice Department handled things. If so that will pretty much tell us whether this thing is credible or not.
What's to dispute? Either it's voracious or it isn't. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

houndawg wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Obviously, the memo's voracity is in dispute. We all know the the Democrats claim it is misleading. And we all know the FBI and Justice Department say it's misleading. Yes, I know there are those of you who immediately dismiss that. I saw somebody say something interesting tonight. They said they think the FISA judges themselves will make a determination on whether or not there was an issue with the way the FBI and Justice Department handled things. If so that will pretty much tell us whether this thing is credible or not.
Like a raptor? :suspicious:

:mrgreen:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:
Those are good points but at what point is it up to the judges to question the crap in front of them?
It's a system of trust that the FBI/DOJ is providing accurate information. Not sure how the judges can do anything else. I'm laughing at the people defending the "FBI and DOJ" as if no person within those organizations can make mistakes, cut corners, or flat out lie. I'm not saying they did anything wrong here, but they are human like everyone else. It's possible they screwed up with the application process.
What's funny is that it was the Republicans who used to believe the FBI could do no wrong.. 8-)
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

houndawg wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: It's a system of trust that the FBI/DOJ is providing accurate information. Not sure how the judges can do anything else. I'm laughing at the people defending the "FBI and DOJ" as if no person within those organizations can make mistakes, cut corners, or flat out lie. I'm not saying they did anything wrong here, but they are human like everyone else. It's possible they screwed up with the application process.
What's funny is that it was the Republicans who used to believe the FBI could do no wrong.. 8-)
Well...maybe, until the FBI was weaponized by the Obama administration anyway.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Lol. How was it weaponized?

The FISA warrants on Carter Page?

Why did Rosenstein and Boente (Trump appointees) sign off on its renewal last Spring? I mean, Trump just appointed Boente to General Counsel of the FBI a couple of weeks ago. :?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Baldy wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Well...maybe, until the FBI was weaponized by the Obama administration anyway.
Wait.....weaponized? :dunce:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Good to see jelly back in the thread after hiding from all the memo fallout...well at least we can finally put that behind us and mo....oh look, now it looks like Obama's State Department is getting in on the dossier fun. You can't make this shit up. :rofl:
Published accounts in the Guardian and the Washington Post have indicated that Clinton associate Cody Shearer was in contact with Steele about anti-Trump research, and Obama State Department official Jonathan Winer was a connection between Steele and the State Department during the 2016 campaign.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/dossi ... le/2648099

Yup, no hillbots here. Move along.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Russia, the gift that keeps on giving.
An FBI informant connected to the Uranium One controversy told three congressional committees in a written statement that Moscow routed millions of dollars to America with the expectation it would be used to benefit Bill Clinton's charitable efforts while Secretary of State Hillary Clinton quarterbacked a “reset” in U.S.-Russian relations.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... -testimony
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote:Russia, the gift that keeps on giving.
An FBI informant connected to the Uranium One controversy told three congressional committees in a written statement that Moscow routed millions of dollars to America with the expectation it would be used to benefit Bill Clinton's charitable efforts while Secretary of State Hillary Clinton quarterbacked a “reset” in U.S.-Russian relations.
Congressional Republicans will now have a new-found respect and admiration for the FBI. :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote:

Congressional Republicans will now have a new-found respect and admiration for the FBI. :coffee:
This is back when the FBI was good, they're bad now.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Congressional Republicans will now have a new-found respect and admiration for the FBI. :coffee:
This is back when the FBI was good, they're bad now.
I should add that Congressional Democrats will say it's a fabrication and they'll question the source.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Fucking Deep State Justice Department trying to butt their heads in. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

Nunes needs to hurry up and type up his next memo so we can finally get that cleansing of the Secret Society.
Justice Department officials told both parties during a briefing in December that they ultimately found they “could not trust” Campbell when he was working as an FBI informant.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Not necessarily related - but, could end up being a big deal.

If Trump was to fire Rosenstein or he had to recuse himself - Brand would be next in line to oversee the Mueller investigation. Will be interesting to see who he nominates.

Rachel Brand stepping down after 9 months on the job
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/09/us/p ... d=tw-share
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Strzok Page text that Chelsea has a Billy goat speech tic!

https://youtu.be/NobfMSwXm60
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Trump won’t approve Dem memo...at least yet.

Cough, cough...pussy....
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote:Trump won’t approve Dem memo...at least yet.

Cough, cough...pussy....
Ha! This was expected almost a week ago. Schiff for brains put in sources and methods knowing it would have to be redacted. Then he can claim umbrage.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote:

Cough, cough...pussy....
Ha! This was expected almost a week ago. Schiff for brains put in sources and methods knowing it would have to be redacted. Then he can claim umbrage.
You mean you think it won't be "released"? :rofl:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:Ha! This was expected almost a week ago. Schiff for brains put in sources and methods knowing it would have to be redacted. Then he can claim umbrage.
You mean you think it won't be "released"? :rofl:
It'll be released, just not the way Schiff wrote it. Schiff still gets to claim " censorship" though.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SeattleGriz wrote:

Cough, cough...pussy....
Maybe. We obviously don't know what's in the memo.

But, they released the transcripts of HPSCI's vote on releasing it. 21 aye's and 0 no's. No Objections from Republicans to its release.

FBI and the Justice Department haven't made a public statement against its release (DEEP STATE, though :().

It will be released one way or another. And, I bet Trump's objections have more to do with it refuting the DEEP STATE SECRET SOCIETY narrative. :coffee:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:Ha! This was expected almost a week ago. Schiff for brains put in sources and methods knowing it would have to be redacted. Then he can claim umbrage.
Maybe. We obviously don't know what's in the memo.

But, they released the transcripts of HPSCI's vote on releasing it. 21 aye's and 0 no's. No Objections from Republicans to its release.

FBI and the Justice Department haven't made a public statement against its release (DEEP STATE, though :().

It will be released one way or another. And, I bet Trump's objections have more to do with it refuting the DEEP STATE SECRET SOCIETY narrative. :coffee:
You mean the DEEP STATE SECRET SOCIETY that just keeps stepping down, laterally moves or leaves altogether?
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

the trump administration isn't a deep state secret society :ohno:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote:the trump administration isn't a deep state secret society :ohno:
Ha! Good one.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

houndawg wrote:
Ok I made a typo. The HORROR. You know what I mean. The Nunes memo is a bunch of crap.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Ok I made a typo. The HORROR. You know what I mean. The Nunes memo is a bunch of crap.
Really? Look at your bias in how you talk about Trump and tell me the FBI and DOJ don't have anyone that is willing to put their fingers on the scale of Justice?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Really? Look at your bias in how you talk about Trump and tell me the FBI and DOJ don't have anyone that is willing to put their fingers on the scale of Justice?
It’s a scale...not a teeter totter. :coffee: