Political discussions
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by Ivytalk »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
A Russian woman with ties to a senior Russian government official was charged in Washington on Monday with conspiracy to act as an agent of the Russian Federation, including by building ties to the leadership of the National Rifle Association and other conservative political organizations.

Maria Butina, 29, who recently received a graduate degree from American University, was arrested Sunday in the District and made her first appearance in U.S. District Court before Magistrate Judge Deborah A. Robinson, where she was ordered held without bond.

Butina is accused of trying to cultivate relationships with American politicians to establish “back channel” lines of communication and seeking to infiltrate U.S. political groups, including an unnamed “gun rights organization,” to advance Russia’s agenda. Descriptions in court papers match published reports about Butina’s interactions with the NRA.

The case, which is not part of the special counsel investigation into Russian interference, lays out the strongest allegations to date of American involvement in Russia’s influence operations.

Butina was allegedly assisted in her efforts by a U.S. political operative who helped introduce her to influential political figures. That person was not charged and is not named in court papers, but the description matches that of Paul Erickson, a GOP consultant who sought to organize a meeting between then-candidate Donald Trump and Alexander Torshin, Butina’s Russian colleague and a former Russian senator, at a May 2016 NRA convention.

NRA officials and Erickson did not respond to requests for comment.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... de9fe9d7e1
Pics or STFU! :tothehand:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Vidav wrote:
Nothing burger. Duh. :tothehand:
Dah, Russian. 8-)
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

dbackjon wrote:It's Treason.

Now Every American has to decide - do I support Treason, or do I support the USA. Can't do both.
It’s gross incompetence, but not treason.

You sound like a gay John Brennan.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Now Every American has to decide - do I support Treason, or do I support the USA. Can't do both.
:dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Been out a bit, surprised to not see a ton of posts from jellybean on this last weeks’ worth of events...oh right, still no Trump-Russian collusion.

From the Strzok hearings, here is Gowdy running roughshod again: As far as the Russian indictments…meh, more stuff Mueller doesn’t plan to ever see the inside of a courtroom on, and the DNC never turned over their server to the FBI so who knows how much would even be able to be proven without it. And only idiots who bought into the “Russia is our greatest ally” crap spewed by Obomba are shocked at the Russians trying to mess with our elections, it’s what they (and we) do.

No Americans named in the indictments so still no Trump-Russian collusion, no wonder they had the presser on a Friday afternoon. Also all these charges are old news, Nunes and the House Intel Committee released a report in March about these Russian election issues.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SDHornet wrote: no wonder they had the presser on a Friday afternoon.
Mueller's Grand Jury meets on Fridays. It's always been that way. Any indictment they hand down will be on Friday.

SDHornet wrote:Also all these charges are old news, Nunes and the House Intel Committee released a report in March about these Russian election issues.
Where they contradicted the intelligence community without providing any evidence? :lol: Ok, bud. :thumb:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
SDHornet wrote: no wonder they had the presser on a Friday afternoon.
Mueller's Grand Jury meets on Fridays. It's always been that way. Any indictment they hand down will be on Friday.

SDHornet wrote:Also all these charges are old news, Nunes and the House Intel Committee released a report in March about these Russian election issues.
Where they contradicted the intelligence community without providing any evidence? :lol: Ok, bud. :thumb:
And you expect Mueller to provide evidence on his indictments knowing damn well the case will never see a courtroom? Yeah, huge difference. :lol:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

The indictment provides more evidence than anything in the HSCI report or Nunes's memo.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote:The indictment provides more evidence than anything in the HSCI report or Nunes's memo.
If they make the same claims then how so?
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SDHornet wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Didn't Seth Rich find out that Hillary was selling uranium at the pizza place where she was raping and torturing kids? :coffee:
I think he found out the DNC was rigged (cause he was a Bernie guy), leaked it to wiki, then was killed in a "robbery"...but yeah go with the pizza stuff...

The indictment certainly hurts the "Seth Rich was the leaker!!!!" crap.

Or, I guess those people are so entrenched they still believe it..... :coffee:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
SDHornet wrote: I think he found out the DNC was rigged (cause he was a Bernie guy), leaked it to wiki, then was killed in a "robbery"...but yeah go with the pizza stuff...

The indictment certainly hurts the "Seth Rich was the leaker!!!!" crap.

Or, I guess those people are so entrenched they still believe it..... :coffee:
Maybe, of course no one knows anything for sure without the DNC server, so there's that. :coffee: 8-)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

You keep saying "the DNC server." There was no single "DNC server." It sounds like you are conflating it with Hillary's server in her basement - in which case it was a single server.

The DNC had dozens of servers. Most were in the cloud. The physical servers were copied bit-by-bit by CrowdStrike and shared with the FBI.

Explain to me what a physical examination of the servers would provide? Fingerprints or DNA evidence left behind by the hackers? :lol: And, again - this doesn't even touch the cloud services used by the DNC.

Sounds like you're just rolling with Trump's twitter feed. :coffee:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote:You keep saying "the DNC server." There was no single "DNC server." It sounds like you are conflating it with Hillary's server in her basement - in which case it was a single server.

The DNC had dozens of servers. Most were in the cloud. The physical servers were copied bit-by-bit by CrowdStrike and shared with the FBI.

Explain to me what a physical examination of the servers would provide? Fingerprints or DNA evidence left behind by the hackers? :lol: And, again - this doesn't even touch the cloud services used by the DNC.

So did they let the FBI take a look at them, or not?

And where is that Trump-Russian collusion you have been excited about. We're 110+ pages in and still nothing. :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by SeattleGriz »

BDKJMU wrote:

:dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I know. Love his ultimatums.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote:You keep saying "the DNC server." There was no single "DNC server." It sounds like you are conflating it with Hillary's server in her basement - in which case it was a single server.

Explain to me what a physical examination of the servers would provide? Fingerprints or DNA evidence left behind by the hackers? Image And, again - this doesn't even touch the cloud services used by the DNC.

Yeah. Crowdstrike made the images. Took the whole To/From 702 searches off the images and then gave the FBI the redacted copies.
css75
Level3
Level3

Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by css75 »

Chiz

How? Check his roster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by css75 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Trump did not have his best day in Helsinki. Wonder if he would have been able to have done better had not the stupid witch hunt of Mueller. was not hanging over this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:

It’s gross incompetence, but not treason.

You sound like a gay John Brennan.
Actually, he sounds like George W Bush

"You're either with us or against us."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

css75 wrote:Trump did not have his best day in Helsinki. Wonder if he would have been able to have done better had not the stupid witch hunt of Mueller. was not hanging over this.
He would have had the best day. One of the best ever. Better than he'll ever need. Nobody has more best days. Hillary Clinton has the worst days. She has the worst days in the history of America. And in 2016, no one expected him to have the best day, but he knew he was going to have the best day ever. The bestest day.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

∞∞∞ wrote:
css75 wrote:Trump did not have his best day in Helsinki. Wonder if he would have been able to have done better had not the stupid witch hunt of Mueller. was not hanging over this.
He would have had the best day. One of the best ever. Better than he'll ever need. Nobody has more best days. Hillary Clinton has the worst days. She has the worst days in the history of America. And in 2016, no one expected him to have the best day, but he knew he was going to have the best day ever. The bestest day.
You do remember Hillary and her awful, rotten, no good day with her reset button, don't you?
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I’d say what I could about his presser with Putin if not for my signed agreement on commenting publicly on foreign policy.... I’ve criticized the FP of previous Presidents before, but what I’d like to say would definitely be a violation of my agreement.

That said, Trump was correct, in a very tangential way about Russia. I’ve said it here before - and I said it in the 1990s... we spiked the football in the early days after the Wall came down, and we will regret it...

It is unfortunate that the President, through his comments at this presser, has damaged real debate on the fact that NATO is an unnecessary, entangling alliance that served its purpose long ago, and no longer does.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Ivytalk wrote:
Pics or STFU! :tothehand:

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Pics or STFU! :tothehand:

Looks like butterface from sturdy Russian peasant stock! :nod:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge wrote:Three years ago I never thought I'd be saying this but:

We really, really need for the Democrats to take control of at least one House of Congress. This is bad. We have a really, really bad President right now.
You're a broken record. We know you hate Trump and want the Dems back in power. Take a break and come back when you have something new to say.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

I'm no fan of Trump but how was it treason? John Brennan has everyone in an uproar by using that word.

Ivy said it best - it was an embarrassment. Instead of listening to his own JD and intel community, he believes Putin. I'm not sure that amounts to treason. It's disconcerting, to say the least. :coffee:

Treason is pretty well defined in Section 3 of Article III of the Constitution:

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason, but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood, or forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted."

Has Trump levied war against the USA? No. We aren't at war with Russia (nothing has been officially declared. There's no legitimate war in which Trump is siding with the enemy.)

Has he provided aid and comfort to the enemy? No. Again, there's no enemy. Russia is an adversary. But a declared enemy? They are not.

I'm a firm believer in using the right the word. Words have specific meanings and to just throw them around, especially the way the media and Trump do, it's reckless. Using the word, " treason" too loosely dilutes it, IMO. Trumps actions in Helsinki were a betrayal to the people. He has the worlds best intel community telling him who is at fault, and he fails to recognize it b/c he believes it sullies his election/administration. Republicans voted for an egomaniac, blowhard. His reaction shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. :twocents: :coffee:

Btw, if you want to say he's committed treason, use the 2nd definition: a betrayal of trust
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/treason
Last edited by Ibanez on Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17