JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by JohnStOnge »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/03/us/p ... e=Homepage
Some of Robert S. Mueller III’s investigators have told associates that Attorney General William P. Barr failed to adequately portray the findings of their inquiry and that they were more troubling for President Trump than Mr. Barr indicated,
We cannot have a situation in which a Presidential appointee controls the extent of information that comes out. Surely any of you can see that.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
Trump is going to bludgeon them by the time everything comes out. You'll be the new Jelly.
Great then there should be no reason for Barr not to release the complete un-redacted report to Congress. As time goes on and I continue to see discussion of this it's becoming clearer and clearer that there would be nothing illegal about releasing the un-redacted report to authorized people in Congress. And it's looking more and more like the Republicans are interested in hiding things. I don't even know if they know what they want to hide. But they clearly don't want the Democrats to see the entire content of that report.

If Republicans really believe there is nothing to hide they should just support the Democrats in getting a judge or judges to authorize release of Grand Jury information. Congress sees classified information all the time. Just get all the information laid out.

It's looking more and more to me like Republicans think there might be some things that need to be hidden.
They can look at it, but won't get any copies. I'd be cool with that.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
Trump is going to bludgeon them by the time everything comes out. You'll be the new Jelly.
Great then there should be no reason for Barr not to release the complete un-redacted report to Congress.
You mean besides the laws he would be breaking by doing so?

I’m all for a full release of the report and all other related docs - like McCarthy argues for

But that would require a “pen and phone” action on the part of the President. In the meantime, Pelosi could agree to a Gang of Eight classified briefing, which she was already offered and she refused. The report is available to her, in its entirety.

But I’ll go ahead and set you up the way I set up Jelly -

The things these “some investigators” said were mischaracterized by Barr - they are solely related to the obstruction punt. None of it has anything to do with evidence of a conspiracy with the Russians. The report WILL come out eventually and I’ll be proven correct again. Feel free to run this one out for another 20 pages and then I’ll dance on your head, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Great then there should be no reason for Barr not to release the complete un-redacted report to Congress.

I’m all for a full release of the report and all other related docs - like McCarthy argues for

But that would require a “pen and phone” action on the part of the President. In the meantime, Pelosi could agree to a Gang of Eight classified briefing, which she was already offered and she refused. The report is available to her, in its entirety.

The things these “some investigators” said were mischaracterized by Barr - they are solely related to the obstruction punt. None of it has anything to do with evidence of a conspiracy with the Russians. The report WILL come out eventually and I’ll be proven correct again. Feel free to run this one out for another 20 pages and then I’ll dance on your head, too.

Ok but why obstruct if there’s nothing to hide?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

I think we go over that in exhaustive detail somewhere in the middle of this thread ... you might want to look it up

If you want to go on out on that limb and make a claim that firing or leaning on Comey is prima facie evidence of an underlying crime, then go right ahead Jelly

Remember - when the goalposts were being moved all over the place, we were reminded that there didn't need to be an underlying conspiracy crime to make obstruction a thing
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

This thread has never failed to deliver. :lol:

Way to go Cid. :thumb:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:This thread has never failed to deliver. :lol:

This is the latest bright shiny object - MSNBC needs to keep their ratings up dontchaknow

I think I'll wait to see what Mr. Mueller has to say about how he was characterized by Mr. Barr .... I'm going to make an educated guess that it won't be quite as ... newsworthy

BTW- the key elements of the Barr memo were that 1) there was no evidence to support a conspiracy charge, 2) the DOJ policy of not indicting a President did not play a role, and 3) Mueller left the question of obstruction open (punted) to Congress

We will see if the grumbling on the part of Mueller's Dem Dream Team changes any of those characterizations

I'm willing to make a permanent avatar bet that they don't... any takers?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Does anyone have any incontrovertible evidence that Analjelly is still alive? :?

Last post on this thread: March 21. Last post on any thread: March 22.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:Does anyone have any incontrovertible evidence that Analjelly is still alive? :?

Good mornin’ Ivy!

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote:
SDHornet wrote:This thread has never failed to deliver. Image

This is the latest bright shiny object - MSNBC needs to keep their ratings up dontchaknow

I think I'll wait to see what Mr. Mueller has to say about how he was characterized by Mr. Barr .... I'm going to make an educated guess that it won't be quite as ... newsworthy

BTW- the key elements of the Barr memo were that 1) there was no evidence to support a conspiracy charge, 2) the DOJ policy of not indicting a President did not play a role, and 3) Mueller left the question of obstruction open (punted) to Congress

We will see if the grumbling on the part of Mueller's Dem Dream Team changes any of those characterizations

The grumbling won't stop...as far as we know. 40 FBI Agents worked on trying to get Trump for two years and couldn't. You think they will stop being anonymous sources?

The Dems and the nutjob left must keep driving this false narrative.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:

I think we go over that in exhaustive detail somewhere in the middle of this thread ... you might want to look it up

If you want to go on out on that limb and make a claim that firing or leaning on Comey is prima facie evidence of an underlying crime, then go right ahead Jelly

Remember - when the goalposts were being moved all over the place, we were reminded that there didn't need to be an underlying conspiracy crime to make obstruction a thing
No thanks. How about just a two sentence answer to an honest question?

I wasn't going out on any limbs and I'm not on any side in this. It just seems less likely that the distinguished Mueller would waste two years on a nothing burger than Trump committing a crime. Or perhaps Trump is truly dumb enough to obstruct a non-crime?

Thanks in advance, SDJMU.

:lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

The grumbling won't stop...as far as we know. 40 FBI Agents worked on trying to get Trump for two years and couldn't. You think they will stop being anonymous sources?

The Dems and the nutjob left must keep driving this false narrative.
I’m sure there are investigators who aren’t happy with Barr’s summary... Mueller’s dream team was about 80% democrats. Really no surprise there

Like I said about 100 pages ago... when Mueller comes out with his own critique of Barr’s summary... he will take a beating from the left (he’s already getting a taste on the fact that he didn’t subpoena Trump’s testimony)

Oh... on those disgruntled investigators... (standby here comes some logic) Why aren’t we hearing that they are disgruntled about the fact that the investigation did not uncover evidence of a Trump conspiracy?

Anyone? Jelly?

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

CID1990 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:Does anyone have any incontrovertible evidence that Analjelly is still alive? :?

Good mornin’ Ivy!

I said, good mornin, Ivy!

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote:

Good mornin’ Ivy!

SBDD 8-)
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Good mornin’ Ivy!

Is that your, uh, “admin”?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

I wasn't going out on any limbs and I'm not on any side in this. It just seems less likely that the distinguished Mueller would waste two years on a nothing burger than Trump committing a crime. Or perhaps Trump is truly dumb enough to obstruct a non-crime?

If you’ll ask your questions in a less ambiguous way (that don’t give you a back door to slink out of) then maybe I’ll answer you directly

wait

I did answer you directly... obstruction doesn’t need an underlying crime (but it sure does help)

BTW did you see the NYT? They are backing up WaPo on their “Mueller investigators are MIFFED!” narrative...

except if you read carefully, you’ll see that they are actually saying “Friends of Mueller investigators are saying their investigator friends are MIFFED!!”

The NYT also says it is solely about the obstruction question. So I was right before you had an opportunity to take that lifetime avatar bet I offered you

Just think... I could have to wear an avatar of your choice... for evah

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Is that your, uh, “admin”?
She just pours my beer, Vern

She also tells me she likes the size of my bike. And she has an abnormally large butt for a Thai girl with no boobies. So here I am at the zoo... looking but not touching

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Is that your, uh, “admin”?
She just pours my beer, Vern

She also tells me she likes the size of my bike. And she has an abnormally large butt for a Thai girl with no boobies. So here I am at the zoo... looking but not touching

Yeah, Eric, you're mindful...and respectful...
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I guess no one cares that Mueller's team is worried Barr is downplaying what they found:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/03/us/p ... eport.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... n3ibY9RImN

These aren't second hand sources. It's people directly involved with the investigation and report.

Make it public.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:

If you’ll ask your questions in a less ambiguous way (that don’t give you a back door to slink out of) then maybe I’ll answer you directly

wait

I did answer you directly... obstruction doesn’t need an underlying crime (but it sure does help)

BTW did you see the NYT? They are backing up WaPo on their “Mueller investigators are MIFFED!” narrative...

except if you read carefully, you’ll see that they are actually saying “Friends of Mueller investigators are saying their investigator friends are MIFFED!!”

The NYT also says it is solely about the obstruction question. So I was right before you had an opportunity to take that lifetime avatar bet I offered you

Just think... I could have to wear an avatar of your choice... for evah

So you remember an avatar bet but can’t directly answer my question related to what it was about? :suspicious:

JFC. And you’re accusing me of ambiguity? :suspicious: :suspicious:

God damn you’re defensive on this. Perhaps I don’t have your memory but I assure you there’s no gotcha here. No agenda. Just an honest question.

I have no dog in this fight and don’t really care. I just figured you to be a good source of information. :?
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

∞∞∞ wrote:I guess no one cares that Mueller's team is worried Barr is downplaying what they found:

These aren't second hand sources. It's people directly involved with the investigation and report.

Make it public.
You lost

AGAIN

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:I guess no one cares that Mueller's team is worried Barr is downplaying what they found:

Make it public.
You lost

AGAIN

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ha, to all the Trump supporters telling everyone to "give up" or "you lost," from all the Americans who actually care about this country: Go f*ck yourselves.

A 4 page summary - released by an AG who previously covered up Iran-Contra and believes in the executive unitary theory - released two days after receiving a 400 page report which took two years isn't going to cut it. You can think the AG is Trump’s personal fixer, but I don't subscribe to that bullsh*t.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

What I find ironic is that the Libs crying for the report are he same ones who passed the law sending it to the AG rather than Congress.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by CID1990 »

Double post
Last edited by CID1990 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Make it public.
In the very first paragraph .... second hand sources:

“Some of Robert S. Mueller III’s investigators have told associates”......... “according to government officials and others familiar with their simmering frustrations.”

Critical reading skills are critical

The same article says the mischaracterization has to do with obstruction. And yes, the report should and will be released - as soon as Mueller and Barr are finished redacting it.