Post by css75 »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by BDKJMU »

Well, lookie here. Turns out Butina met with senior Obama admin officials back in 2015..
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-usa-r ... KKBN1KC0DE
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SeattleGriz wrote:Tony Podesta given immunity? We'll see if that is true or not.
Survey says: Fake News.

Tucker Carlson with the swing and miss.

All 5 granted immunity are unknowns from financial institutions.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

BDKJMU wrote:Well, lookie here. Turns out Butina met with senior Obama admin officials back in 2015..
But that was BEFORE this sort of thing was considered outrageous by the MSM. :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

CAA Flagship wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Well, lookie here. Turns out Butina met with senior Obama admin officials back in 2015..
But that was BEFORE this sort of thing was considered outrageous by the MSM. :coffee:
To be accurate, it occurred before Russia became our geopolitical foe

in the heady days of peace and friendship when the President had more flexibility after the 2012 election

flexibility for our friend Vlad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Oh wow. That looks like a really big deal:
Butina worked for Torshin, who has close ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin, and served as his interpreter at various Washington events.

Fischer, an in email to Reuters, confirmed he met with Torshin and his interpreter. While he could not recall details or whether the interpreter was Butina, Fischer said the conversation involved “the state of the Russian economy” and Torshin’s new role as deputy central bank governor.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Tucker says that is for the Virginia Manafort case, his sources say it will happen in the DC Manafort case - the FARA case.

I'll believe it when I see it.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote: To be accurate, it occurred before Russia became our geopolitical foe
To be fair - it was before Russia perpetrated what you call "an act of war" against the US.

Previously, they've threatened the sovereignty of former Soviet states. Coming out of the 00s and our Iraq / Afghanistan adventures - meh.

If you consider the 2016 cyber attacks to be an act of war against the United States - surely, you would consider there to be some sort of change in US - Russia relations in 2016. No? :suspicious:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: But that was BEFORE this sort of thing was considered outrageous by the MSM. :coffee:
To be accurate, it occurred before Russia became our geopolitical foe

in the heady days of peace and friendship when the President had more flexibility after the 2012 election

flexibility for our friend Vlad

Exactly. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote:They've never released a FISA application before. You could also look at it as them bending over backwards to placate the Deep Staters.

What exactly is damaging to the FBI or DOJ in the FISA applications?
So we finally going to see a Carter Page indictment now?
So basically the Nunez memo was pretty much spot on:
Now, however, we have both the memo and the FISA application, if in a blacked-out state. We can compare the two. And doing so shows the Nunes memo was overwhelmingly accurate. Perhaps some Democrats do not believe it should have been written, or they dispute what it included and left out, or they do not agree with its conclusions, but it was in fact accurate.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... nunes-memo

The Trump-Russia collusion narrative continues to implode even further. :lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote: To be accurate, it occurred before Russia became our geopolitical foe
To be fair - it was before Russia perpetrated what you call "an act of war" against the US.

Previously, they've threatened the sovereignty of former Soviet states. Coming out of the 00s and our Iraq / Afghanistan adventures - meh.

If you consider the 2016 cyber attacks to be an act of war against the United States - surely, you would consider there to be some sort of change in US - Russia relations in 2016. No? :suspicious:
Your understanding of our relationship with Russia since 1992 leaves much to be desired -

That said, I LOVE your spin - suggesting that somehow the Russians weren't as bad in 2015 as they are now

I know having a Russian wife is sorta akin to being able to see Russia from your front yard, but this is softheaded ... even for you

BTW- I consider LOTS of things to be acts of war - hazarding vessels and aircraft, belligerent airspace violations, using active electronic jamming and targeting, hacking, misinformation designed to destabilize American popular opinion (klam used to love RT). Russia has been doing these things continually for decades

The Russians, after a short hiatus from 1992-1999 (when we had a window where we should have shown more good will), have always been one of our greatest foes - and they do to us precisely what we allow them to. When they perceive weakness, they act more boldly. Your suggestion is pure lefty reactionist BS .... in your world it ain't a problem until your own ox gets gored.

Our intel services (that now suddenly enjoy spotless credibility on the left) have also regarded Russia as a top adversary since the wall went up, and they still do.

The tools and methods have changed but the game is the same

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Now now, letting personal animus cloud your objective thinking does not help the situation...I believe I was more specific than your damning with faint praise suggests :ohno:

As in "in deep to the Russian Mob". :nod:

Its the only thing that makes sense - no way somebody would openly turn traitor over a little piss tape. :coffee:

The only thing on planet Earth that Trump has an iota of human feeling for that isn't money is his cunt daughter. In their private tete a tete I imagine that Putin reminded him, just before their money shot, what happened to their former spy and his daughter in England recently. :coffee:
Well well

I must've struck a nerve- thats the longest epistle youve written in a while

BTW... TL/DR

But Ill venture a guess- you tried to make a convincing argument that you really are Nostradumbass?

:lol:

It worked better with "klamosthenes"..... gentleman's "C".....
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Well well

I must've struck a nerve- thats the longest epistle youve written in a while

BTW... TL/DR

But Ill venture a guess- you tried to make a convincing argument that you really are Nostradumbass?

gentleman's "C".....
I was the master of that

If there’s ever a “TED Talks” on the gentleman’s C they had better book me
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:gentleman's "C".....
I was the master of that

I see you more as the gentleman’s A-minus. 8-)
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

CID1990 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:

Your understanding of our relationship with Russia since 1992 leaves much to be desired -

That said, I LOVE your spin - suggesting that somehow the Russians weren't as bad in 2015 as they are now

I know having a Russian wife is sorta akin to being able to see Russia from your front yard, but this is softheaded ... even for you

BTW- I consider LOTS of things to be acts of war - hazarding vessels and aircraft, belligerent airspace violations, using active electronic jamming and targeting, hacking, misinformation designed to destabilize American popular opinion (klam used to love RT). Russia has been doing these things continually for decades

The Russians, after a short hiatus from 1992-1999 (when we had a window where we should have shown more good will), have always been one of our greatest foes - and they do to us precisely what we allow them to. When they perceive weakness, they act more boldly. Your suggestion is pure lefty reactionist BS .... in your world it ain't a problem until your own ox gets gored.

Our intel services (that now suddenly enjoy spotless credibility on the left) have also regarded Russia as a top adversary since the wall went up, and they still do.

Indeed. That's the irony of all of this, the Russians have been meddling in our elections since, well, a good century now. Just like how we meddle in other countries elections all of the time (sometimes above the board, like with Obama threatening to send the UK to "the back of the line" if they voted for Brexit, and oftentimes below the radar like we've done throughout Latin America for as long as we've been a country). If you could show me that the Russians changed a vote that was cast, fiddled with and changed the votes in a voting machine, or hacked our electoral system and changed the numbers, mind you, everything that people on the left, including Skelly here, said prior to 2016 were impossibilities and paranoia as our electoral system is, and always has been, sacrosanct, then I think you'd have something. If laws were broken then those who did them should be prosecuted. But so far there's been very little dirt dug up for something that's supposed to be this massive of a crime.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Indeed. That's the irony of all of this, the Russians have been meddling in our elections since, well, a good century now. Just like how we meddle in other countries elections all of the time (sometimes above the board, like with Obama threatening to send the UK to "the back of the line" if they voted for Brexit, and oftentimes below the radar like we've done throughout Latin America for as long as we've been a country). If you could show me that the Russians changed a vote that was cast, fiddled with and changed the votes in a voting machine, or hacked our electoral system and changed the numbers, mind you, everything that people on the left, including Skelly here, said prior to 2016 were impossibilities and paranoia as our electoral system is, and always has been, sacrosanct, then I think you'd have something. If laws were broken then those who did them should be prosecuted. But so far there's been very little dirt dug up for something that's supposed to be this massive of a crime.
Were the Soviets actively meddling in our elections in the 20s, 30s, 40s, etc....? That's a serious question. I don't know enough about the Soviets during the middle 20th Century.

Btw - the last Russian Tsar was killed 100 yrs ago last week. :coffee: That's a fun, history tidbit for you all. :thumb:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Were the Soviets actively meddling in our elections in the 20s, 30s, 40s, etc....? That's a serious question. I don't know enough about the Soviets during the middle 20th Century.

Btw - the last Russian Tsar was killed 100 yrs ago last week. :coffee: That's a fun, history tidbit for you all. :thumb:
The Palmer Raids were all about the supposed influence of the global Communist and Bolshevik movements and their desire to overthrow our government. Skelly's great granddad was probably sending letters to his local newspaper back then warning of the coming Red menace. :coffee:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

The Palmer Raids were all about the supposed influence of the global Communist and Bolshevik movements and their desire to overthrow our government. Skelly's great granddad was probably sending letters to his local newspaper back then warning of the coming Red menace. :coffee:
The Palmer Raids. I had forgotten all about them. I'm not naive enough to think they weren't trying to influence anyone.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

GannonFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

Nah. 100 years ago, Jelly’s great-grandpappy was probably boning Rosa Luxemburg. 8-)
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
I was the master of that

I see you more as the gentleman’s A-minus. 8-)
:bj:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:

Good work, I was wondering if everybody forgot who created this clusterfuck in the first place, out of what had to be personal animus toward Hillary. And who got caught flat-footed and slack-jawed by events like the collapse of the Soviet Union. :coffee:

Otoh, the enemy of my enemy is my friend and how sweet would it be to see both the Republican Party and the FBI go down together like Gandalf and the Balrog?.... :dance:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

houndawg wrote: Otoh, the enemy of my enemy is my friend and how sweet would it be to see both the Republican Party and the FBI go down together like Gandalf and the Balrog?.... :dance:
Gandalf didn't die but came back stronger after that battle and helped save the world. :? Which means (using your illustration), the Republican Party does wind up being involved in saving the country. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Good work, I was wondering if everybody forgot who created this **** in the first place, out of what had to be personal animus toward Hillary. And who got caught flat-footed and slack-jawed by events like the collapse of the Soviet Union. :coffee:

Otoh, the enemy of my enemy is my friend and how sweet would it be to see both the Republican Party and the FBI go down together like Gandalf and the Balrog?.... :dance:
Uh, dude, did you stop watching at that point? Not to spoil it for you but...
Spoiler: show
Gandalf comes back as the White Wizard
, just saying. The analogy needs some work. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Winterborn wrote:
houndawg wrote: Otoh, the enemy of my enemy is my friend and how sweet would it be to see both the Republican Party and the FBI go down together like Gandalf and the Balrog?.... :dance:
Gandalf didn't die but came back stronger after that battle and helped save the world. :? Which means (using your illustration), the Republican Party does wind up being involved in saving the country. :coffee:
More howndie failboat. :lol: