Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Political discussions
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SDHornet wrote: So your thinking is that the FBI sat on collusion wiretap evidence this whole time? After all they went through to provide input to get hilldog off the hook but sit on evidence against Trump and not use it against him pre election day? Mkay. :thumb:
There has been a metric shit ton of wiretap coordination evidence (evidence, not proof) - including things like Russian operatives discussing Manfort's efforts to reach out for help and their efforts to work with him.

The problem is that it has to be corroborated. That's where subpoenaing phone records/documents/etc. and dragging people before the Grand Jury is important. You think they shouldn't bother - it should either be prosecutable without subpoenas and testimony or it's a nothingburger. Mkay. :thumb:

We've also only heard vague descriptions of the intercepts. What help was mentioned? Do they match up to the Don Jr. - Kushner - Manafort meeting at Trump Tower, for example? And about 1,000 other questions.

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
SDHornet wrote: So your thinking is that the FBI sat on collusion wiretap evidence this whole time? After all they went through to provide input to get hilldog off the hook but sit on evidence against Trump and not use it against him pre election day? Mkay. :thumb:
There has been a metric shit ton of wiretap coordination evidence (evidence, not proof) - including things like Russian operatives discussing Manfort's efforts to reach out for help and their efforts to work with him.

The problem is that it has to be corroborated. That's where subpoenaing phone records/documents/etc. and dragging people before the Grand Jury is important. You think they shouldn't bother - it should either be prosecutable without subpoenas and testimony or it's a nothingburger. Mkay. :thumb:

We've also only heard vague descriptions of the intercepts. What help was mentioned? Do they match up to the Don Jr. - Kushner - Manafort meeting at Trump Tower, for example? And about 1,000 other questions.

I don't think I ever said that. Link? :?

I'm saying if there is smoking gun evidence of Trump with Russian collusion we would have heard about it by now. What Mueller finds wrt to Trump will be some 6 degrees of separation and not Trump directly colluding with the Russians...because that's what fishing trips generate. :coffee:
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

Time to put a new worm on the pole and recast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Mueller's team met with Russia dossier author

Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigators met this past summer with the former British spy whose dossier on alleged Russian efforts to aid the Trump campaign spawned months of investigations that have hobbled the Trump administration, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Information from Christopher Steele, a former MI-6 officer, could help investigators determine whether contacts between people associated with the Trump campaign and suspected Russian operatives broke any laws.
CNN has learned that the FBI and the US intelligence community last year took the Steele dossier more seriously than the agencies have publicly acknowledged. James Clapper, then the director of national intelligence, said in a January 2017 statement that the intelligence community had "not made any judgment that the information in this document is reliable."

The intelligence agencies, particularly the CIA, and the FBI took Steele's research seriously enough that they kept it out of a publicly-released January report on Russian meddling in the election in order to not divulge which parts of the dossier they had corroborated and how.

This contrasts with attempts by President Donald Trump and some lawmakers to discredit Steele and the memos he produced.

Ever since the dossier came to light in January, Trump and his allies have repeatedly insisted that it is a complete work of fiction. He told The New York Times this summer that the dossier "was totally made-up stuff." In a series of tweets earlier this year, Trump said the memos were written by a "failed spy" who had relied on "totally made-up facts by sleazebag political operatives."

While the most salacious allegations in the dossier haven't been verified, its broad assertion that Russia waged a campaign to interfere in the election is now accepted as fact by the US intelligence community. CNN also reported earlier this year that US investigators have corroborated some aspects of the dossier, specifically that some of the communications among foreign nationals mentioned in the memos did actually take place.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/05/politics/ ... index.html

Definitely recommend reading the dossier. It's a whole lot more than the pee tape. :coffee:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

SDHornet wrote:
I'm saying if there is smoking gun evidence of Trump with Russian collusion we would have heard about it by now. What Mueller finds wrt to Trump will be some 6 degrees of separation and not Trump directly colluding with the Russians...because that's what fishing trips generate. :coffee:
There's no doubt in my mind Trump will get egg on his face, but the political scandal of the century? Don't get your hopes up for that. :coffee:

As you said, a long and drawn-out investigation is exactly what you'd expect when there's basically nothing there. Produce a bajillion pages of documents and cross every t and dot every i so no one can complain a Chimpy McCheneyburton appointee was the proverbial fox in charge of the hen house. :nod:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Mueller's team met with Russia dossier author

Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigators met this past summer with the former British spy whose dossier on alleged Russian efforts to aid the Trump campaign spawned months of investigations that have hobbled the Trump administration, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Information from Christopher Steele, a former MI-6 officer, could help investigators determine whether contacts between people associated with the Trump campaign and suspected Russian operatives broke any laws.
CNN has learned that the FBI and the US intelligence community last year took the Steele dossier more seriously than the agencies have publicly acknowledged. James Clapper, then the director of national intelligence, said in a January 2017 statement that the intelligence community had "not made any judgment that the information in this document is reliable."

The intelligence agencies, particularly the CIA, and the FBI took Steele's research seriously enough that they kept it out of a publicly-released January report on Russian meddling in the election in order to not divulge which parts of the dossier they had corroborated and how.

This contrasts with attempts by President Donald Trump and some lawmakers to discredit Steele and the memos he produced.

Ever since the dossier came to light in January, Trump and his allies have repeatedly insisted that it is a complete work of fiction. He told The New York Times this summer that the dossier "was totally made-up stuff." In a series of tweets earlier this year, Trump said the memos were written by a "failed spy" who had relied on "totally made-up facts by sleazebag political operatives."

While the most salacious allegations in the dossier haven't been verified, its broad assertion that Russia waged a campaign to interfere in the election is now accepted as fact by the US intelligence community. CNN also reported earlier this year that US investigators have corroborated some aspects of the dossier, specifically that some of the communications among foreign nationals mentioned in the memos did actually take place.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/05/politics/ ... index.html

Definitely recommend reading the dossier. It's a whole lot more than the pee tape. :coffee:
Nice novel.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
There has been a metric **** ton of wiretap coordination evidence (evidence, not proof) - including things like Russian operatives discussing Manfort's efforts to reach out for help and their efforts to work with him.

I don't think I ever said that. Link? :?

that isn't even the real issue imo; the real issue is laundering money for the Russian mob. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Shame. Would have been entertaining.
Carter Page, a former foreign policy adviser to the Trump campaign, informed the Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday that he will not be cooperating with any requests to appear before the panel for its investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election and would plead the Fifth, according to a source familiar with the matter.

A former naval-officer-turned-energy consultant, Page came under fire last year after reports emerged that he had met with high-level associates of Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow in 2016. While Page denied those meetings occurred, the Trump campaign distanced itself from the adviser not long after, with former officials saying that Page and Trump had never met.

Page also attracted attention earlier this year after it was revealed that he once came under scrutiny by the FBI for his contact with a Russian intelligence operative in New York City in 2013. Page was never charged with a crime, and the association happened years before he came into Trump’s orbit.

The Intelligence Committee has sought documents and testimony from Trump associates — including Page — as it seeks to piece together Russian efforts to manipulate and interfere with the 2016 presidential race. It has held high-profile closed-door meetings with several current White House and Trump-related officials, including Trump's son-in-law and adviser Jared Kushner and Trump's son, Donald Trump Jr. But the panel has also signaled an interest in interviewing former campaign associates such as Page, to determine how, if at all, the Russians sought to infiltrate Trump's circle in the throes of the presidential race.

It’s not clear if the committee has yet sent a formal request to Page asking him to testify.

Page did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The intelligence committee declined to comment.

Though Page’s resistance to testify may delay his appearance before the panel, Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.) and Vice Chairman Mark Warner (D-Va.) have threatened to compel any official or Trump-connected figure who tries to evade the committee, including through the use of subpoenas.

Page was eager for the committee’s attention earlier this year, when he showed up of his own volition to the panel’s secure office spaces on Capitol Hill to drop off a document he created alleging that he was the target of a smear campaign by Hillary Clinton’s aides. Clinton and her associates, Page alleged in his document — which he also shopped around to news organizations — were committing a hate crime against him by planting false stories about his ties to Russia, Page said. He was being targeted, he wrote in the document, because he was a Catholic male.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/1 ... obe-243648
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

houndawg wrote:
SDHornet wrote: I don't think I ever said that. Link? :?

that isn't even the real issue imo; the real issue is laundering money for the Russian mob. :coffee:
Went to a football game, and a basketball game broke out. :lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Shame. Would have been entertaining.
Carter Page, a former foreign policy adviser to the Trump campaign, informed the Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday that he will not be cooperating with any requests to appear before the panel for its investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election and would plead the Fifth, according to a source familiar with the matter.

A former naval-officer-turned-energy consultant, Page came under fire last year after reports emerged that he had met with high-level associates of Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow in 2016. While Page denied those meetings occurred, the Trump campaign distanced itself from the adviser not long after, with former officials saying that Page and Trump had never met.

Page also attracted attention earlier this year after it was revealed that he once came under scrutiny by the FBI for his contact with a Russian intelligence operative in New York City in 2013. Page was never charged with a crime, and the association happened years before he came into Trump’s orbit.

The Intelligence Committee has sought documents and testimony from Trump associates — including Page — as it seeks to piece together Russian efforts to manipulate and interfere with the 2016 presidential race. It has held high-profile closed-door meetings with several current White House and Trump-related officials, including Trump's son-in-law and adviser Jared Kushner and Trump's son, Donald Trump Jr. But the panel has also signaled an interest in interviewing former campaign associates such as Page, to determine how, if at all, the Russians sought to infiltrate Trump's circle in the throes of the presidential race.

It’s not clear if the committee has yet sent a formal request to Page asking him to testify.

Page did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The intelligence committee declined to comment.

Though Page’s resistance to testify may delay his appearance before the panel, Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.) and Vice Chairman Mark Warner (D-Va.) have threatened to compel any official or Trump-connected figure who tries to evade the committee, including through the use of subpoenas.

Page was eager for the committee’s attention earlier this year, when he showed up of his own volition to the panel’s secure office spaces on Capitol Hill to drop off a document he created alleging that he was the target of a smear campaign by Hillary Clinton’s aides. Clinton and her associates, Page alleged in his document — which he also shopped around to news organizations — were committing a hate crime against him by planting false stories about his ties to Russia, Page said. He was being targeted, he wrote in the document, because he was a Catholic male.
What... no leverage on Sergey Page?

I mean, the Dream Team experts at least should have delivered Page, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote: What... no leverage on Sergey Page?

The Dream Team isn't the SSCI. :coffee:

And, I don't think pleading the fif is exactly exculpatory. Doesn't prove guilt either... but...

phpBB [video]

:lol:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Shame. Would have been entertaining.

Navy officer. :ohno:

Probably couldn't get into the real military. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote: What... no leverage on Sergey Page?

The Dream Team isn't the SSCI. :coffee:

And, I don't think pleading the fif is exactly exculpatory. Doesn't prove guilt either... but...

phpBB [video]

:lol:
I didn't say it WAS exculpatory - (see Lois Lerner)

and it most certainly applies to your Dream Team as well-

When you plead the fifth it means there isn't any independent evidence that can be used against you... in other words, the only evidence of your guilt would have to come out of your mouth

so no leverage (color me shocked)

When your big fish takes the 5th it is essentially game over

maybe they can get Manafort

:coffee:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote: I didn't say it WAS exculpatory
CID1990 wrote:When your big fish takes the 5th it is essentially game over
:suspicious:

:rofl: at Carter Page being the big fish in this. Even the Russian spies he dealt with thought he was a fucking idiot. I guess the government had nothing on Kenneth Lay, Abramoff, etc. when they took the fifth. I guess Flynn is feeling pretty good about things... since he plead the fifth back in May.

Declaring victory over Carter Page pleading the fif. Kinda like Trump and Co handing out victory cigars after Comey's testimony.

:dunce:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote: I didn't say it WAS exculpatory

:rofl: at Carter Page being the big fish in this. Even the Russian spies he dealt with thought he was a **** idiot. I guess the government had nothing on Kenneth Lay, Abramoff, etc. when they took the fifth. I guess Flynn is feeling pretty good about things... since he plead the fifth back in May.

Declaring victory over Carter Page pleading the fif. Kinda like Trump and Co handing out victory cigars after Comey's testimony.

:dunce:
I don't see any victory here at all, SK-

I just see what I've seen all along - a lot of wishful thinking and wasted time
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote: I don't see any victory here at all, SK-
CID1990 wrote:I just see what I've seen all along - a lot of wishful thinking and wasted time
Blame Mueller. :lol: :roll:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote: I don't see any victory here at all, SK-
CID1990 wrote:I just see what I've seen all along - a lot of wishful thinking and wasted time
Actually, I blame Trump - for firing Comey.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:

Karma. Trump wouldn't have fired him if he hadn't pulled his stunt with Hillary. :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Karma. Trump wouldn't have fired him if he hadn't pulled his stunt with Hillary. :coffee:
The stunt the Democrats didn't like, or the stunt the Republicans didn't like?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Pwns wrote:
SDHornet wrote:
There's no doubt in my mind Trump will get egg on his face, but the political scandal of the century? Don't get your hopes up for that. :coffee:

As you said, a long and drawn-out investigation is exactly what you'd expect when there's basically nothing there. Produce a bajillion pages of documents and cross every t and dot every i so no one can complain a Chimpy McCheneyburton appointee was the proverbial fox in charge of the hen house. :nod:
Worked for Ken Starr. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:
The one with Hillary would be the one the donks didn't like. The other one would be the one the conks didn't like. :thumb:

Remember, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
The one with Hillary would be the one the donks didn't like. The other one would be the one the conks didn't like. :thumb:

Well the right didn’t care much for the stunt where he held a presser to say Hillary wouldn’t be charged. That’s the one I was thinking about
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:

Well the right didn’t care much for the stunt where he held a presser to say Hillary wouldn’t be charged. That’s the one I was thinking about
Forgot about the third one.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Forgot about the third one.
I was referring to the one that trump said he fired him for.
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

Yawn, wake me up when something happens, this is about as exciting as a soccer game