Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by mainejeff »

CID1990 wrote:
mainejeff wrote:
This is all a big yawner. It won't change minds on either side. Everyone knows that to expect. Trump is already in the middle of a Tweetstorm. Wash....rinse....repeat.

Again......*YAWN*.

:coffee:
Hah hah

Your disappointment is palpable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The disappointment is what......a month old? Sorry Conk....Trump wasted his Mueller Report honeymoon by not releasing this earlier. Now he & Barr just look like they have conspired to set up a perfectly edited release that exonerates him of everything. Are you REALLY excited about this?

Go Black Bears!
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

mainejeff wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Hah hah

The disappointment is what......a month old? Sorry Conk....Trump wasted his Mueller Report honeymoon by not releasing this earlier. Now he & Barr just look like they have conspired to set up a perfectly edited release that exonerates him of everything. Are you REALLY excited about this?

When Trump wins a second term because the Dems couldn’t stifle the crazy you’ll be on 15 minute watch like Jelly, Mr I Could Care Less

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

America is on a path to its own self destruction.....I’m just lauging at the stupidity of it all.
Go Black Bears!
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

mainejeff wrote:America is on a path to its own self destruction.....I’m just lauging at the stupidity of it all.
Welcome to the Conservative Club, circa forever ago

mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Barr has absolutely no upper lip. Never trust anyone with no upper lip!

Go Black Bears!
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Reading between the lines from what Barr is saying:

1. Trump wasn't on his best behavior and had to be put in timeout once or twice, but he ultimately didn't impede Mueller from getting any information.

2. No collusion, but Trump teamed up with shady individuals in his campaign.

Arguments will go on about whether or not actions described in #1 are obstruction, only hardcore leftists will still cling to Russia conspiracy.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

mainejeff wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Hah hah

Who can be excited about it? Days like today are why Trump keeps winning. Dems go crazy criticizing the process and motivations of the AG, but in the end, there's no smoking gun saying that Trump worked with the Russians to do anything. Obstruction isn't clear and certainly not enough to warrant an impeachment or an indictment, so in the end it's all a bunch of Twitter storms, and that's where Trump likes to be anyway. He didn't "waste" the honeymoon period, this is exactly where he wants to be anyway - always on the tip of controversy. When he did all of this in the campaign that led to him being elected it was new and surprising. Now it's just a tried and true playbook for him and Pelosi and Schumer look a lot like Rubio and Jeb Bush in all of this.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

Who can be excited about it? Days like today are why Trump keeps winning. Dems go crazy criticizing the process and motivations of the AG, but in the end, there's no smoking gun saying that Trump worked with the Russians to do anything. Obstruction isn't clear and certainly not enough to warrant an impeachment or an indictment, so in the end it's all a bunch of Twitter storms, and that's where Trump likes to be anyway. He didn't "waste" the honeymoon period, this is exactly where he wants to be anyway - always on the tip of controversy. When he did all of this in the campaign that led to him being elected it was new and surprising. Now it's just a tried and true playbook for him and Pelosi and Schumer look a lot like Rubio and Jeb Bush in all of this.
Where’s houndawg with his “republicans would own the world if they weren’t so stupid” schtick?

They are looking like the second stupidest in the room right now

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

mainejeff wrote:Barr has absolutely no upper lip. Never trust anyone with no upper lip!

Oh but 6 weeks ago there wasnt a person on the planet with more integrity and gravitas than Barr.

I love seeing that flip flop from the left.... Like nobody can see the hypocrisy! LOL (We do see it)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
mainejeff wrote:Barr has absolutely no upper lip. Never trust anyone with no upper lip!

Oh but 6 weeks ago there wasnt a person on the planet with more integrity and gravitas than Barr.

I love seeing that flip flop from the left.... Like nobody can see the hypocrisy! LOL (We do see it)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Huh? The left has been anti-Barr as soon as he was floated as a candidate for the AG role - they've been very consistent in that. It was Mueller whom the left deified and now is just lukewarm on. But they've always hated Barr.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Die thread Die.

Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

Glenn Greenwald has been ripping the tits off things on Twitter. :clap:
Celebrate Diversity.*
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

css75 wrote:Die thread Die.

It's not going to die. At this point it's pretty clear that the report documents a lot of bad behavior by the President. Even with respect to the "collusion" thing. It's like I suspected the situation is. There was not sufficient evidence to support a beyond a reasonable doubt case that people in the Trump campaign engaged in a criminal conspiracy with the Russian government with respect to two specific Russian government efforts. But there was LOTs of playing footsie between Trump campaign and Russians in general.

On the obstruction front, Mueller actually said the President engaged in corrupt actions. Here's the quote of the report from the Reuters article at https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1RU0DN:
“The conclusion that Congress may apply the obstruction laws to the President’s corrupt exercise of the powers of office accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law,” the report stated.
That both says Trump engaged in corrupt exercise of powers and points to the idea that Congress should take a look at it.

Another quote from the article:
Mueller also unearthed “numerous links” between the Russian government and Trump’s campaign and said the president’s team “expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts,” referring to hacked Democratic emails.
Sure, it's better for Trump that Mueller didn't find sufficient evidence to say there was criminal conspiracy with the Russian government. But from what I've seen so far I don't think that report makes Trump look good at all.

What's going to happen is that Trump zombies are going to continue to believe that the Trump campaign did nothing wrong while normal people are going to continue to understand that it did.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

One thing I'll give Barr is that he left enough un-redacted to provide sufficient basis for some independent assessment of the report. I am not going to read the 400 page report. But as I watch quotes from it reported my prediction is that people who think this is good for the President are sadly mistaken.

No, it won't shake the Trump zombies. Jesus Christ could come down to them and say "Trump is corrupt!" and they'd say "FAKE NEWS." They have no connection to reality.

But that report is not good for Trump. Not as bad for him as if it'd have said there was criminal conspiracy with the Russian government with respect to two specific Russian government efforts. But not good for him.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

I ready the Executive summary and skimmed over the rest. There's literally nothing that I didn't either know or strongly surmised.

Basically, Trump hired shady people on his campaign and transition team and didn't care how the sausage was made. His firing of Comey was more out of impulsiveness, paranoia, and hurt ego than it was to try and stifle the SC investigation (which he didn't do in any meaningful way).

And of course, there is no willful collusion on the part of the campaign (report emphasizes it was looking for conspiracy and not collusion, of which there was none) with Russians.

I would say overall it is good for Trump, but remember here that the bar for that is set really low. Obviously it doesn't paint Trump in a positive light but what have we learned about him that we didn't already know?
Celebrate Diversity.*
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Trump will spend the next 18 months trying not to get impeached...
Hopefully that keeps him busy enough that he actually stops tweeting

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Chizzang wrote:Trump will spend the next 18 months trying not to get impeached...

Helps to not have twitter. :thumb:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Winterborn wrote:
Chizzang wrote:Trump will spend the next 18 months trying not to get impeached...

I don't have twitter...
but the press globally has twitter and Trump continues to type up the stupidest comments on twitter

:ohno:

Anyway...
the dingbat won't get impeached but he'll be kept very busy
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:

It's not going to die. At this point it's pretty clear that the report documents a lot of bad behavior by the President. Even with respect to the "collusion" thing. It's like I suspected the situation is. There was not sufficient evidence to support a beyond a reasonable doubt case that people in the Trump campaign engaged in a criminal conspiracy with the Russian government with respect to two specific Russian government efforts. But there was LOTs of playing footsie between Trump campaign and Russians in general.

On the obstruction front, Mueller actually said the President engaged in corrupt actions. Here's the quote of the report from the Reuters article at https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1RU0DN:
“The conclusion that Congress may apply the obstruction laws to the President’s corrupt exercise of the powers of office accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law,” the report stated.
That both says Trump engaged in corrupt exercise of powers and points to the idea that Congress should take a look at it.

Mueller also unearthed “numerous links” between the Russian government and Trump’s campaign and said the president’s team “expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts,” referring to hacked Democratic emails.
Sure, it's better for Trump that Mueller didn't find sufficient evidence to say there was criminal conspiracy with the Russian government. But from what I've seen so far I don't think that report makes Trump look good at all.

What's going to happen is that Trump zombies are going to continue to believe that the Trump campaign did nothing wrong while normal people are going to continue to understand that it did.
John- is there anything, anywhere that DOES make Trump look good?

He won an election after: refusing to release his taxes, grabbing pussies, making fun of a reporter in a wheelchair, refusing to get clear of the emoluments act, etc etc etc.

Everything Trump did that could be considered obstruction is hardly an outlier for him. And, just about everyone in this thread has acknowledged that Trump’s actions *could* rise to the level of obstruction.

But the Dems are going to continue beating this drum without impeaching the guy and it is only going to erase any negative bump he would get if they just let the report speak for itself. If anything, in the balance this is going to boost the guy.

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Chizzang wrote:
Winterborn wrote:
I don't have twitter...
but the press globally has twitter and Trump continues to type up the stupidest comments on twitter

Anyway...

Valid point.

Past presidents have pretty much disappeared from the limelight after they are done serving. Which in Trump's case, I doubt will happen.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

One thing I noticed in the report is that there was possibly enough out there to get the FISA warrant independent of the Steele fabrication. The upcoming IG report will probably tell us how much weight it was given.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote:

So where does that leave you?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote:One thing I'll give Barr is that he left enough un-redacted to provide sufficient basis for some independent assessment of the report. I am not going to read the 400 page report. But as I watch quotes from it reported my prediction is that people who think this is good for the President are sadly mistaken.

No, it won't shake the Trump zombies. Jesus Christ could come down to them and say "Trump is corrupt!" and they'd say "FAKE NEWS." They have no connection to reality.

But that report is not good for Trump. Not as bad for him as if it'd have said there was criminal conspiracy with the Russian government with respect to two specific Russian government efforts. But not good for him.
But that won’t stop you from giving 400 pages worth of analysis..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Chizzang wrote:
Winterborn wrote:
I don't have twitter...

Anyway...
And the dingbat MSM press continues their full batshit crazy TDS meltdown..
https://www.newsbusters.org/issues-even ... ler-Report
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote:One thing I'll give Barr is that he left enough un-redacted to provide sufficient basis for some independent assessment of the report. I am not going to read the 400 page report. But as I watch quotes from it reported my prediction is that people who think this is good for the President are sadly mistaken.

I don't need to remind you that you thought the Covington Catholic kids instigated race riots.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz