G.W. Claims he doesn't know Congress has an issue with Gonza

Political discussions
Hammerhead
I am a fan of: North Dakota State
A.K.A.: Hammertime

G.W. Claims he doesn't know Congress has an issue with Gonza

Post by Hammerhead »

In Bush's pre-vacation press conference, the president made the following remark when asked a question about accountability in his administration:
"Al Gonzales—implicit in your questions is that Al Gonzales did something wrong. I haven't seen Congress say he's done anything wrong."

Is this just another lie or is he really that removed from reality that he doesn't know that Gonzales has been accused of purgery based on his testimony that conflics with the testimony of others?
lizrdgizrd
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Appalachian State

Re: G.W. Claims he doesn't know Congress has an issue with Gonza

Post by lizrdgizrd »

Hammerhead wrote:In Bush's pre-vacation press conference, the president made the following remark when asked a question about accountability in his administration:
"Al Gonzales—implicit in your questions is that Al Gonzales did something wrong. I haven't seen Congress say he's done anything wrong."

Is this just another lie or is he really that removed from reality that he doesn't know that Gonzales has been accused of purgery based on his testimony that conflics with the testimony of others?
I think the point he's trying to make is that Gonzales hasn't been convicted of anything yet.