Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by JohnStOnge »

houndawg wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
I said during the campaign I think that if Trump did what he said he was going to do with protectionism it'll be a disaster. Especially with respect to China. The US population has become accustomed to getting a lot things at reasonable prices. When tariff's are imposed the US consumer pays them. I don't think the US wants a trade war with China. I think the US would lose that war. And Chinese leadership knows Trump is a buffoon. He's out of his league trying to deal with them.
He doesn't have a very good track record for getting tough with his bankers.
Nor with the Chinese so far. He's talked a big game but so far it's just been talk. And, really, that's a good thing. Because if he actually starts trying to act like he said he'd act like with respect to the Chinese during the campaign we'd all be screwed.

Except for the solar panels and washing machines thing. We'll see what happens with that. That was his toe in the water.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

:lol: :notworthy:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan wrote: :lol: :notworthy:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
93henfan wrote: :lol: :notworthy:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Grammys down 21% in overnight Nielsens. People are apparently tired of liberals throwing childish fits at award shows.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... rs-1079604
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Grammys down 21% in overnight Nielsens. People are apparently tired of liberals throwing childish fits at award shows.

...and bad music. :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

CAA Flagship wrote:
93henfan wrote:

...and bad music. :coffee:
most of it isnt music at all

Remember a few years back when Steely Dan won best album over some Beyonce garbage and it had the audience gasping and looking stunned? That's the last time I watched the Grammys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: The Official

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: ...and bad music. :coffee:
most of it isnt music at all

Remember a few years back when Steely Dan won best album over some Beyonce garbage and it had the audience gasping and looking stunned? That's the last time I watched the Grammys

trut so pure
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

I can honestly say that I have never watched the Grammys. Or the Academy awards. Or anything like that. I honestly don't know why people would want to watch stuff like that to begin with regardless of politics or lack thereof.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BTW I think if you read the article the author doesn't think the decline by certain measures was due to political things. I sure as heck know me not watching it wasn't because of political things.
Could I ever be a star?

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:I can honestly say that I have never watched the Grammys. Or the Academy awards. Or anything like that. I honestly don't know why people would want to watch stuff like that to begin with regardless of politics or lack thereof.
I used to watch it for the musical performances. I think the last one I watched was when Clapton performed (even though he did that Tears in Heaven song that I don't get into)

But mostly since then it is just millennial autotune pablum garbage
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:BTW I think if you read the article the author doesn't think the decline by certain measures was due to political things. I sure as heck know me not watching it wasn't because of political things.
But had you known your girlfriend Hilly would be highlighted, your eyes would’ve been glued to it.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:BTW I think if you read the article the author doesn't think the decline by certain measures was due to political things. I sure as heck know me not watching it wasn't because of political things.
But had you known your girlfriend Hilly would be highlighted, your eyes would’ve been glued to it.
No. There is no way I'd ever watch something like the Grammys or the Academy Awards. Frankly, I'm baffled by the fact that enough people want to watch stuff like that to make it viable as a broadcast. I just don't get why people would want to do that.
Could I ever be a star?

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: But had you known your girlfriend Hilly would be highlighted, your eyes would’ve been glued to it.
No. There is no way I'd ever watch something like the Grammys or the Academy Awards. Frankly, I'm baffled by the fact that enough people want to watch stuff like that to make it viable as a broadcast. I just don't get why people would want to do that.
Hey JSO

Is there anything you do get?
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Hey JSO

Regular shock treatments?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Hey JSO

Sure. Lots of things. But I don't get why anybody would want to watch the Grammys.
Could I ever be a star?

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote:
I used to watch it for the musical performances. I think the last one I watched was when Clapton performed (even though he did that Tears in Heaven song that I don't get into)

phpBB [video]
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

phpBB [video]
Several years too late for me to have seen it

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

More collusion involving Trump. This time with Injuns.

Righting an "injustice": Trump signs bill giving federal recognition to 6 Virginia tribes
President Donald Trump has signed a bill into law granting federal recognition to six Native American tribes in Virginia.

The law gives the six tribes access to federal funds for education, housing and health care.

The congressman who introduced the bill, U.S. Rep. Rob Wittman, R-Virginia, says in a press release it will also allow the tribes to pursue repatriation of historical and cultural artifacts, among other powers. The six tribes — Monacan, Chickahominy, Eastern Chickahominy, Nansemond and Upper Mattaponi — have sought federal recognition for about 20 years. They already had state recognition.

Trump's Monday signing of the Thomasina E. Jordan Indian Tribes of Virginia Federal Recognition Act of 2017, also known as H.R. 984, follows years of lobbying from U.S. Sens. Tim Kaine and Mark Warner of Virginia.

Kaine had previously called the lack of federal recognition an "injustice."
https://pilotonline.com/news/local/arti ... 5f9c4.html
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Did a rare pickup of a phone call to our house phone since I saw the word "Electorate" on the TV screen. It was a recorded, one question survey. Something like, "Do you approve or disapprove of President Trump's policies so far". Naturally, I said "disapprove".

Did I do that right, JSO?
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

CAA Flagship wrote:Did a rare pickup of a phone call to our house phone since I saw the word "Electorate" on the TV screen. It was a recorded, one question survey. Something like, "Do you approve or disapprove of President Trump's policies so far". Naturally, I said "disapprove".

Obviously you did it wrong. It cannot be answered with a one word answer. It requires a 10,000 word (minimum) tirade to do it correctly.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

CAA Flagship wrote:Did a rare pickup of a phone call to our house phone since I saw the word "Electorate" on the TV screen. It was a recorded, one question survey. Something like, "Do you approve or disapprove of President Trump's policies so far". Naturally, I said "disapprove".

The few times pollsters make the mistake of polling me on anything I always answer exactly opposite of what I think

Which is good for them because usually the first thing that pops into my head is fava beans and a nice Chianti
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Depends on whether or not you told the truth.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

You know, you guys make a big deal about trying to act like a bunch of people answer polls falsely and I'm sure there is some of that. But when you look at what happened in the last Presidential election the Real Clear Politics average of polls they reported had Clinton up by 3 percentage points in the popular vote and she won by 2.1 percentage points. Also, if you look at just the two polls that tied for representing the latest period prior to the election the average was Clinton by 2 percentage points.

You guys can kid yourselves all you want based on your anecdotal stories about how you lie to pollsters or whatever. But the fact remains that the pollsters do a remarkable job of gauging public opinion.

I know it's popular to do the "polls aren't accurate" thing. But it's also ignorant.
Could I ever be a star?

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge wrote:You know, you guys make a big deal about trying to act like a bunch of people answer polls falsely and I'm sure there is some of that. But when you look at what happened in the last Presidential election the Real Clear Politics average of polls they reported had Clinton up by 3 percentage points in the popular vote and she won by 2.1 percentage points. Also, if you look at just the two polls that tied for representing the latest period prior to the election the average was Clinton by 2 percentage points.

You guys can kid yourselves all you want based on your anecdotal stories about how you lie to pollsters or whatever. But the fact remains that the pollsters do a remarkable job of gauging public opinion.

I know it's popular to do the "polls aren't accurate" thing. But it's also ignorant.
:rofl: :rofl:

And you think Trump gets triggered easily. Geesh. :lol:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:

Depends on whether or not you told the truth.
Right, Mr. Polygraph. But you lied to that woman who, for some unknown reason, wanted to hook up with you a second time.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.