Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I've stated it before - the USMC denied me 4 times due to my medical history. I was paralyzed for 6 months of my life.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20362793

I know a lot of guys in high school that went into the military that weren't mentally all there.

3 of them got the BCD. :twocents:
I rest my case. :coffee:
What's your case? That someone that was willing and able to serve couldn't? Or that the trans-gendered people shouldn't serve? I understand and accept the medical issues as well as the military not being an instrument for social experiments.

Btw, let's remember that while you may not want them in combat, what's the harm in having a tranny as a contracts professional or mechanic? And someone that's pre/during might not be the best candidate as opposed to someone that's post-op. :twocents:

And if we're going to deny people with mental issues then we're going to be in trouble. PTSD issues, among many others, are abound in the service. :twocents:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote:Btw, let's remember that while you may not want them in combat, what's the harm in having a tranny as a contracts professional or mechanic? And someone that's pre/during might not be the best candidate as opposed to someone that's post-op. :twocents:
That's an interesting question. What if you only let women be cooks or secretaries in the military? Seems to me that would be actually worse than banning them entirely.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Btw, let's remember that while you may not want them in combat, what's the harm in having a tranny as a contracts professional or mechanic? And someone that's pre/during might not be the best candidate as opposed to someone that's post-op. :twocents:
That's an interesting question. What if you only let women be cooks or secretaries in the military? Seems to me that would be actually worse than banning them entirely.
That's a very good point as well.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I rest my case. :coffee:
What's your case? That someone that was willing and able to serve couldn't? Or that the trans-gendered people shouldn't serve? I understand and accept the medical issues as well as the military not being an instrument for social experiments.

Btw, let's remember that while you may not want them in combat, what's the harm in having a tranny as a contracts professional or mechanic? And someone that's pre/during might not be the best candidate as opposed to someone that's post-op. :twocents:

And if we're going to deny people with mental issues then we're going to be in trouble. PTSD issues, among many others, are abound in the service. :twocents:
Yes PTSD abounds. CAUSED by their military service. BIG difference and horrible comparison.

And 89 already abused you on the 2nd paragraph, so I won’t bother....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

Yes PTSD abounds. CAUSED by their military service. BIG difference and horrible comparison.

Oh. So if you’re mentally impaired because of battle it’s good? That’s pretty weak.

And no, 89 didn’t abuse me. Again- weak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

The biggest thing about all of this is the medical angle - what's needed to be trans (pre or post op) and whether that can be accommodated within the military (and like Z said, most especially around deployment). There are tons of medical-related applicants to the armed forces that get turned away every day - diet restrictions, allergies, other issues, and none of those have the political hot-button that you have with trans. This isn't anywhere the same as integrating the armed forces for race, gender, or sexual preference. None of those situations involved medications (both short term and for life) as well as the potential for a planned surgery. I don't like a blanket ban, but there's bound to be a large percentage of the trans population that would be turned away from service just based on the regular disqualifications for service.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Official

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Oh. So if you’re mentally impaired because of battle it’s good? That’s pretty weak.

And no, 89 didn’t abuse me. Again- weak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did I say it’s “good”? Just that it’s the military’s responsibility for the care and feeding of that individual (something we ALSO don’t do a good job at)...

And yes he did... :kisswink:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote:Transsexuality involves an element of gender dysphoria, which is a mental illness. Transsexuals have a significantly heightened rate of suicide, among other things. Recruits are evaluated mentally as well as physically prior to enlistment and I know that mental issues are the kiss of death ... you’re better off having a criminal record when trying to get into the military. I’m pretty sure that behind all the static over this, and statements about unit cohesion, morale, etc that this is really the simplest answer. Gays have been in the military since the beginning - I knew a number of them when I was in (in the 1980s).... and opposition to gays in the military has been more of a public/social issue external to the military itself. But homosexuality doesn’t carry mental health baggage that transsexuality does. I think there are objective reasons for the military to be apprehensive about trans soldiers but not gay soldiers. That’s my two cents
Bingo.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Go figure...
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Trump administration’s $1.5 trillion cut tax package appeared to have no major impact on businesses’ capital investment or hiring plans, according to a survey released a year after the biggest overhaul of the U.S. tax code in more than 30 years.

The National Association of Business Economics’ (NABE) quarterly business conditions poll published on Monday found that while some companies reported accelerating investments because of lower corporate taxes, 84 percent of respondents said they had not changed plans. That compares to 81 percent in the previous survey published in October.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... e=Facebook
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:Go figure...
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Trump administration’s $1.5 trillion cut tax package appeared to have no major impact on businesses’ capital investment or hiring plans, according to a survey released a year after the biggest overhaul of the U.S. tax code in more than 30 years.

The National Association of Business Economics’ (NABE) quarterly business conditions poll published on Monday found that while some companies reported accelerating investments because of lower corporate taxes, 84 percent of respondents said they had not changed plans. That compares to 81 percent in the previous survey published in October.

Interesting. There are other data points out there that would suggest otherwise... :nod:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Interesting. There are other data points out there that would suggest otherwise... :nod:
Post ‘em up! :thumb:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Gee wilikers, it's almost like the tax cut was never about creating more jobs or "lifting all boats"!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
The data has been overwritten now, but I recall reporting to my board several months ago when the business confidence was at historic highs that the metric had hit alltime highs in several areas, including 1) planned job creation, 2) business investment, 3) hiring...

This is the most recent "analysis" of the metric. Not as rosy as 6 months ago, but still good:
The NFIB's Small Business Optimism Index in the US fell to 104.4 in December of 2018 from 104.8 in November, compared to market expectations of 103.6. It is the lowest reading since October of 2017. Expected real sales growth and expected business conditions in the next six months, accounted for the modest decline in the Index. However, unfilled jobs and the lack of qualified applicants continue to be a primary driver, with job openings setting a record high and job creation plans strengthening. Reports of higher worker compensation remained near record levels and inventory investment plans surged. NFIB Business Optimism Index in the United States averaged 98.25 Index Points from 1975 until 2018, reaching an all time high of 108.80 Index Points in August of 2018 and a record low of 80.10 Index Points in April of 1980.
https://tradingeconomics.com/united-sta ... mism-index
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Don't you see that this is part of the Art of the Deal. You shutdown the govt until you don't get what you want. You create stress and panic in people and the markets, THEN you....wait. I forgot where I was going with this.

Awwww hell....
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
The data has been overwritten now, but I recall reporting to my board several months ago when the business confidence was at historic highs that the metric had hit alltime highs in several areas, including 1) planned job creation, 2) business investment, 3) hiring...

This is the most recent "analysis" of the metric. Not as rosy as 6 months ago, but still good:
The NFIB's Small Business Optimism Index in the US fell to 104.4 in December of 2018 from 104.8 in November, compared to market expectations of 103.6. It is the lowest reading since October of 2017. Expected real sales growth and expected business conditions in the next six months, accounted for the modest decline in the Index. However, unfilled jobs and the lack of qualified applicants continue to be a primary driver, with job openings setting a record high and job creation plans strengthening. Reports of higher worker compensation remained near record levels and inventory investment plans surged. NFIB Business Optimism Index in the United States averaged 98.25 Index Points from 1975 until 2018, reaching an all time high of 108.80 Index Points in August of 2018 and a record low of 80.10 Index Points in April of 1980.
I wonder if there's a difference in companies being surveyed? I read something a week or two ago that big business is doing OK but not booming but "Main Street" is booming and much more optimistic.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

I wonder if there's a difference in companies being surveyed? I read something a week or two ago that big business is doing OK but not booming but "Main Street" is booming and much more optimistic.
That would’ve a great sign. :nod:

After all isn’t that what we all want to see?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:

I would say "yes", but there have been some (both here and on the msm) advocating for a economic collapse because Orange Man Bad. :ohno:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote:
kalm wrote:

I would say "yes", but there have been some (both here and on the msm) advocating for a economic collapse because Orange Man Bad. :ohno:
You still take the msm seriously? :laugh: l
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
SDHornet wrote: I would say "yes", but there have been some (both here and on the msm) advocating for a economic collapse because Orange Man Bad. :ohno:
The members of the msm love to cover Drumpf. You know, corporate profits. :coffee:

Actually, newspapers continue to close or shrink, and I’ve heard anecdotally that TV and cable viewership has dropped as well. Social media gives many people their “news” these days. Oh, the inanity. :roll:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:

I'd rather see everybody booming. :nod:

The article talked about how big business is doing OK but not booming so that is negatively impacting the stock market and making people nervous. But if you dive into the Main Street numbers things look really good and there's no reason to panic.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

I wonder how many liberals who are appalled by this kind of logic are the same people that say "Fukushima! Chernobyl! Three-Mile Island! Baaaaaaaad" whenever someone brings up nuclear power in spite of it being statistically the safest source of energy per megawatt-hour that there is?
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote:
SDHornet wrote: I would say "yes", but there have been some (both here and on the msm) advocating for a economic collapse because Orange Man Bad. :ohno:
I don't, but sadly many many others do. :ohno:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Grizalltheway wrote:B-but Antifa!!!

https://www.tmz.com/2019/01/29/empire-s ... ate-crime/
It's horrible that he was attacked but am I the only suspicious of the attackers
"Aren't you that f***ot 'Empire' n*****?"

The 2 men -- both white and wearing ski masks -- viciously attacked Jussie as he fought back, but they beat him badly and fractured a rib. They put a rope around his neck, poured bleach on him and as they left they yelled, "This is MAGA country."
These two racist pricks, just happened to know that this one black guy is from a TV show about black people, and stumbled upon him in the early hours of the morning, ready with ski masks, bleach and a noose? Furthermore, they knew he'd be in town and would go to a Subway (and btw, which Subway is open at 2AM?) :suspicious: