"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by Baldy »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Yeah. Got to agree with DeVos and Trump admin over Obama on that. :thumb:
jelly just provided me with a new siggy. :mrgreen: :lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Trump meets with Congressional leadership... breaks with McConnell and Ryan on the debt ceiling... sides with Schumer and Pelosi. :lol:

:coffee:
Uh excuse me...

It's me who should be emoting :coffee: over this one

I said all along- way back before the guy was elected -

Trump is Clinton without the pantsuit and polish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Trump has no loyalty to any political party, ideology, special interest, or other people. Trump's loyalty is only to Trump. This is just one big middle finger to Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan for not backing him up on the wall.

Very entertaining political theater. :lol:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Trump would throw his own mother under a bus... to stop it from rolling over a $20 dollar bill
I mean he already enthusiastically admitted he'd fuck his own daughter

:coffee:

How is this news..?
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

This country was never great to begin with another fantasy of white America!!!!!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

dal4018 wrote:This country was never great to begin with another fantasy of white America!!!!!
Compared to what, Dal?

"I roamed and rambled,
and followed my footsteps,
to the sparkling sands of,
her diamond deserts..."
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
dal4018 wrote:This country was never great to begin with another fantasy of white America!!!!!
Compared to what, Dal?

"I roamed and rambled,
and followed my footsteps,
to the sparkling sands of,
her diamond deserts..."
This^^^

Is actually a really damn good question

Dal?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

What's stopping you from leaving?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Ibanez wrote:
Racism.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

This seems like a good place to say I think the stuff I keep hearing about Trump being a great negotiator and deal maker is a bunch of crap. What he is is a con man. What he does is fail to live up to deals he makes and people eventually catch on to that.

That's why US Banks won't loan Trump money. And even the Deutsche Bank that stepped in has found that he does not deal in good faith:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... t-headache

And then we have all the well known stories of all the lawsuits out there because he failed to deal in good faith.

The guy is not a master deal maker. He's not a great negotiator. Not at all.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Re: The Official

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:

I think it goes beyond that. I think that Clinton actually has core beliefs about the role of government, etc. I don't think Trump does. I think he's in this just so he can say he was President. It's not about promoting some view about how the world should work. It's just about his own ego. Not saying that ego doesn't play a role for Clinton. I'm sure it does. But it's not all of it. She actually has a vision for the direction she thinks the country should take and she's committed to it.

I also think she's a whole lot smarter and a whole lot more qualified for the job Trump is in right now than Trump is.
Could I ever be a star?

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote:In terms of Afghanistan he's showing himself to be smarter than Obama. That is despite his campaign rhetoric, he's isn't trying to play general like General Obama did by micromanaging, trying to play general, and ahead of time publicly announcing arbitrary timetables. Doing like Obama did, announcing to our enemies when we would draw down and leave, was incredibly stupid. Trump said the U.S. would no longer talk about troop levels or drawdown dates. He's already said earlier this year he would let Mattis determine troop levels. Good- let the generals general.
:roll:

Everything should run smoothly now that the generals are finally in charge. I still don't think we're going to just walk away from the kind of natural resources that exist in Afghanistan.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

I think it goes beyond that. I think that Clinton actually has core beliefs about the role of government, etc. I don't think Trump does. I think he's in this just so he can say he was President. It's not about promoting some view about how the world should work. It's just about his own ego. Not saying that ego doesn't play a role for Clinton. I'm sure it does. But it's not all of it. She actually has a vision for the direction she thinks the country should take and she's committed to it.

I also think she's a whole lot smarter and a whole lot more qualified for the job Trump is in right now than Trump is.
Goddamn, son, how clueless can you be? This election was never about smarts or qualifications. It was a giant FvckYou to the establishment from Butthurt Bubba because of, as they say in your neck of the woods, "that nigger in the White House". Wake up John. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:In terms of Afghanistan he's showing himself to be smarter than Obama. That is despite his campaign rhetoric, he's isn't trying to play general like General Obama did by micromanaging, trying to play general, and ahead of time publicly announcing arbitrary timetables. Doing like Obama did, announcing to our enemies when we would draw down and leave, was incredibly stupid. Trump said the U.S. would no longer talk about troop levels or drawdown dates. He's already said earlier this year he would let Mattis determine troop levels. Good- let the generals general.

Everything should run smoothly now that the generals are finally in charge. I still don't think we're going to just walk away from the kind of natural resources that exist in Afghanistan.
boom!

There it is again

Spandos, clotz (or klam, I forget which one) and now houndy

I thought populism was for haters and the ignorant?

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:

boom!

There it is again

It wasn't me, but I'm sure we're still there to spread democracy and western values.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
boom!

There it is again

It wasn't me, but I'm sure we're still there to spread democracy and western values.
Like I've said before, show me who's digging there right now

Trump might try though

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:

Trump might try though

If it were easy it wouldn't still be there. Nobody is mining asteroids yet either.:coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Trump might try though

If it were easy it wouldn't still be there. Nobody is mining asteroids yet either.:coffee:
I see

So we're going to invade a country where the gold doesn't actually leap out of the ground?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

houndawg wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Goddamn, son, how clueless can you be? This election was never about smarts or qualifications. It was a giant FvckYou to the establishment from Butthurt Bubba because of, as they say in your neck of the woods, "that n***** in the White House". Wake up John. :coffee:
The post to which you responded doesn't offer any opinion about why Trump got elected.

But since you mentioned it I think it had a lot more to do with cultural issues than with a generalized FY to the establishment. I think White Evangelical Christians, for example, felt under siege by virtue of things like the Supreme Court forcing everyone to accept the idea of homosexual marriage and various States doing things like forcing bakers to bake cakes for homosexual couples, etc. Also the transgender bathroom stuff. All those things. As a result, I think, they voted more strongly for Trump than they voted for any other Republican candidate since exit polling began.

Also stuff like the big "diversity" push, affirmative action, etc. Stuff like the demonization of the Police. All that stuff, I think, created a backlash among certain elements of the White Christian culture.

Finally there was the illegal immigration thing. That was huge. I think Trump's "politically incorrect" position on that galvanized a certain group of people.
Could I ever be a star?

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:
I see

So we're going to invade a country where the gold doesn't actually leap out of the ground?

You say that as if it would be the first time... :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

JohnStOnge wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Goddamn, son, how clueless can you be? This election was never about smarts or qualifications. It was a giant FvckYou to the establishment from Butthurt Bubba because of, as they say in your neck of the woods, "that n***** in the White House". Wake up John. :coffee:
The post to which you responded doesn't offer any opinion about why Trump got elected.

But since you mentioned it I think it had a lot more to do with cultural issues than with a generalized FY to the establishment. I think White Evangelical Christians, for example, felt under siege by virtue of things like the Supreme Court forcing everyone to accept the idea of homosexual marriage and various States doing things like forcing bakers to bake cakes for homosexual couples, etc. Also the transgender bathroom stuff. All those things. As a result,I think, they voted more strongly for Trump than they voted for any other Republican candidate since exit polling began.

Also stuff like the big "diversity" push, affirmative action, etc. Stuff like the demonization of the Police. All that stuff, I think, created a backlash among certain elements of the White Christian culture.

Finally there was the illegal immigration thing. That was huge. I think Trump's "politically incorrect" position on that galvanized a certain group of people.
John. What you "think" is irrelevant. Why do you not hold yourself to the rigorous standards of scientific proof you demand of the rest of us?

Trump got the gig because he wasn't Hillary Clinton. Period.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
houndawg wrote:
So how's about you offer us yours for the 50000th time
mrklean
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern Uni.

Post by mrklean »

Ibanez wrote:
He does not need to leave. This is his country.
ImageImage
FROM DA DURTY SOUTH!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Name another country that has the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA and NCAA sports?