The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Political discussions
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Investigations into the White House by...

Special Counsel
Senate Judiciary Committe
Senate Intelligence Committee
House Intelligence Committee
House Oversight and Government Reform Committee

now WH investigating itself over use of private emails and email servers. Sound familiar? :rofl:
White House opens internal investigation into personal email use

The White House has launched an internal probe on the use of personal email accounts, Fox News has confirmed.

The review appears to have emerged from recent reports of current and former White House officials using private email accounts and personal phones for administrative business, despite being advised not to do so.

“The White House instructs staff to fully comply with the Presidential Records Act, and briefed staff on the need to preserve records,” a senior official told Fox News.

Son-in-law and adviser to the president Jared Kushner used personal email in his first few months of the administration, his lawyer, Abbe Lowell, confirmed Sunday. He said the emails usually involved news articles and political commentary. Lowell also said any non-personal emails were forwarded to Kushner's official account and "all have been preserved in any event."

Former Chief White House Strategist Steve Bannon, former Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, chief White House economic advisor Gary Cohn, Senior Policy Adviser Stephen Miller and adviser Ivanka Trump were also reported to have used private accounts at one point during the administration, The New York Times reported.

According to the Presidential Records Act, senior White House staff members are required to preserve their professional communications, with the records eventually transferred to the National Archives. Electronic communications outside of official channels, such as private email or text messages on a staffer's personal phone, are supposed to be copied to a government account within 20 days.

White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders told reporters on Monday that the use of private email accounts by staff is "to my knowledge, very limited."

"White House counsel has instructed all White House staff to use their government email for official business, and only use that email," Sanders said. "We get instructed on this one pretty regularly."

House lawmakers have requested more information about the use of private email addresses and texting or the use of messaging apps on personal phones. They’ve also asked about the oversight and record-keeping policies of the Trump White House. They decided to act after word of Kushner’s private email account first came to light.

Rep. Trey Gowdy, a South Carolina Republican who chairs the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, and the top Democrat on that panel, Rep. Elijah Cummings, sent letters Monday to the White House general counsel and the State Department, looking for more details on whether staffers are using personal emails, texting or encrypted messaging applications, and if they are preserving the records.

The probe into White House email practices has the potential to be embarrassing for President Trump, considering how he criticized Hillary Clinton and her use of a private email server while she was secretary of state.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09 ... l-use.html
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Maybe the Reichbart fear of a Deep State coup was valid. :rofl:
John Kelly is blocking a pro-Russia congressman from talking to Trump

California Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, a Republican known for his fondness of the Russian government and ties to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, said he is unable to even speak to President Donald Trump due to barriers put in place by White House Chief of Staff John Kelly.

Rohrabacher told Business Insider on Tuesday that Kelly and "a coalition of people in the White House" are preventing him from having a conversation with Trump that would entail clearing Assange and the Russian government from allegations they meddled in the 2016 presidential election.

Several government agencies expressed "high confidence" that Russian government agents directly attempted to interfere in the 2016 election, according to a January report from the Director of National Intelligence.

But Rohrabacher is unconvinced. Last month during a phone call with Kelly, Rohrabacher requested a pardon of Assange in exchange for evidence that would clear the fugitive's name.

Weeks later, he is still unable to speak directly with Trump, but said that "there are others involved who are talking to Trump" about Assange.

Rohrabacher added that he is imploring a similar strategy in talking to Assange, who currently lives in asylum at the Ecuadorian embassy in London.

"I have not spoken to [Assange] directly, but we're going through a period of time where a lot's getting done one person removed in a lot of different ways," he said.

According to Rohrabacher, the end arounds are necessary because Trump's top advisors are preventing him from reaching the president.

"The White House staff and other top people in the administration are trying to protect the president from himself," Rohrabacher said. "That's what they think and in fact they are usurping his authority to make decisions — the important decisions — himself."

On Tuesday, it was also revealed that Rohrabacher met with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya during a trip to Moscow last year, according to Foreign Policy. Veselnitskaya is known for her meeting with Donald Trump, Jr. at Trump Tower in New York, where she supposedly discussed potentially damaging information about Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.
http://www.businessinsider.com/john-kel ... mp-2017-10
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

LAWL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Who was the last president that had such an antagonistic relationship to congressmen of his own party? Andrew Johnson?
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Well we now know that Trump has a bigger vagina than Hilary...
Previously I had only suspected
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Chizzang wrote:Well we now know that Trump has a bigger vagina than Hilary...
Probably because it gets used more
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote:
Chizzang wrote:Well we now know that Trump has a bigger vagina than Hilary...
Gross! :lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Gross! :lol:
Vladimir doesn't think so. :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

First let me confess ignorance with respect to the Trans Pacific Partnership. I never paid much attention to it. So I didn't know whether China was involved in it or not until today. But I'm not someone who aspired to be President of the United States.

So I'm watching Congressman Charlie Dent today talking about how Donald Trump has a shocking ignorance level. As an example, he used the Trans Pacific Partnership. He talked about how Trump railed about how China was going to benefit from it. Dent said the problem with that outlook is that China was OPPOSED to the Trans Pacific Partnership. He said our participation in it was to improve our competitive position with China.

So I looked it up. And Dent was right. Why the HELL did people vote for Trump? I mean really. I didn't realize beforehand that this particular thing with the Trans Pacific Partnership is yet another example of how clueless the guy is but there was ample evidence of how clueless the guy is regardless. Add that to him being obviously dishonest and obviously afflicted by serious emotional maturity and stability issues.

What the HELL were you people who supported this guy being President thinking?
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

JohnStOnge wrote:First let me confess ignorance with respect to the Trans Pacific Partnership. I never paid much attention to it. So I didn't know whether China was involved in it or not until today. But I'm not someone who aspired to be President of the United States.

So I'm watching Congressman Charlie Dent today talking about how Donald Trump has a shocking ignorance level. As an example, he used the Trans Pacific Partnership. He talked about how Trump railed about how China was going to benefit from it. Dent said the problem with that outlook is that China was OPPOSED to the Trans Pacific Partnership. He said our participation in it was to improve our competitive position with China.

So I looked it up. And Dent was right. Why the HELL did people vote for Trump? I mean really. I didn't realize beforehand that this particular thing with the Trans Pacific Partnership is yet another example of how clueless the guy is but there was ample evidence of how clueless the guy is regardless. Add that to him being obviously dishonest and obviously afflicted by serious emotional maturity and stability issues.

What the HELL were you people who supported this guy being President thinking?
Thinking that even The Hildabeast isn't as big of a crybaby as you.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Don't think I saw this posted, not sure how it slipped through the cracks. :rofl:
President Trump proposed an “IQ tests” faceoff with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson after the nation's top diplomat reportedly called the president a “moron” and disparaged his grasp of foreign policy.

In an interview with Forbes magazine published Tuesday, Trump fired a shot at Tillerson over the “moron” revelation, first reported by NBC News and confirmed by several other news organizations, including The Washington Post.

“I think it's fake news,” Trump said, “but if he did that, I guess we'll have to compare IQ tests. And I can tell you who is going to win.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 7a7446430c
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Grizalltheway wrote:Don't think I saw this posted, not sure how it slipped through the cracks. :rofl:
President Trump proposed an “IQ tests” faceoff with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson after the nation's top diplomat reportedly called the president a “moron” and disparaged his grasp of foreign policy.

In an interview with Forbes magazine published Tuesday, Trump fired a shot at Tillerson over the “moron” revelation, first reported by NBC News and confirmed by several other news organizations, including The Washington Post.

“I think it's fake news,” Trump said, “but if he did that, I guess we'll have to compare IQ tests. And I can tell you who is going to win.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 7a7446430c
I have a hard time believing Trump has a high IQ right now. Maybe when he was young he tested high. Don't know. But if so I'm guessing something happened to his brain since then. Dementia or something.

I'd love to see him accept the Mensa challenge:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 93656.html#

Think he'll put his testing skills where his mouth is?

I wouldn't hold my breath.
Could I ever be a star?

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I'll go ahead and get on record on this now: YUGE tactical error by Trump with the EO yesterday on healthcare. I've said all along that Obamacare should have been left to fail on its own. Now the Dems have plausible deniability when it fails. It's flypaper and he shouldn't have touched it. Now he owns it.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

“I hate everyone in the White House! There are a few exceptions, but I hate them!”

He hates the exceptions too?

Try cooking 1 out of 100 steaks to perfection.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanity ... visers/amp
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

93henfan wrote:I'll go ahead and get on record on this now: YUGE tactical error by Trump with the EO yesterday on healthcare. I've said all along that Obamacare should have been left to fail on its own. Now the Dems have plausible deniability when it fails. It's flypaper and he shouldn't have touched it. Now he owns it.
It's Trumpcare from now on.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:Try cooking 1 out of 100 steaks to perfection.
So easy even you can do it.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

JohnStOnge wrote: I have a hard time believing Trump has a high IQ right now. Maybe when he was young he tested high. Don't know. But if so I'm guessing something happened to his brain since then. Dementia or something.

Pen Gillette said he worked with Trump on some TV show for two years
and his assessment was Trump wasn't particularly bright

:coffee:
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
93henfan wrote:I'll go ahead and get on record on this now: YUGE tactical error by Trump with the EO yesterday on healthcare. I've said all along that Obamacare should have been left to fail on its own. Now the Dems have plausible deniability when it fails. It's flypaper and he shouldn't have touched it. Now he owns it.
It's Trumpcare from now on.

No..................its not There is no excuse for that fucking hack Obama and what he did to this country

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Chizzang wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote: I have a hard time believing Trump has a high IQ right now. Maybe when he was young he tested high. Don't know. But if so I'm guessing something happened to his brain since then. Dementia or something.

A 62 year old guy with a man bun calling somebody not particularly bright.................its one of those cliche phrases.....isnt it?

It is

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

A 62 year old guy with a man bun calling somebody not particularly bright.................its one of those cliche phrases.....isnt it?

It is
:rofl: :notworthy:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: It's Trumpcare from now on.

No..................its not There is no excuse for that **** hack Obama and what he did to this country
False. Ending the subsidy essentially alters the entire equation, making Trumpcare completely different.

Basically, the CBO projects that cutting subsidies will make premiums 20 percent higher by next year and 25 percent higher by the end of the decade (and raising the budget deficit by $200 billion in ten years).

This EO removes one subsidy, which goes directly to insurers intended to keep costs lower for everybody; however, it doesn't end subsidies that go to the poorest families. Ending the subsidy to insurers causes all premiums to go up, but those premiums are still covered by the subsidy going to the poorest families. The savings from ending the subsidy to insurers is entirely eaten up by the increased subsidies to poor families.

Only in Trump's world (and the GOPs) do you hurt more Americans while INCREASING the deficit.

Obamacare needed fixing (even Donks admitted that), but this is Trump's fiasco to own now.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Obamacare needed. TO NOT EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE

Seriously Fuck you and everyone else that thinks I should be FORCED to pay for others healthcare. Its not a fucking right, buy your own and take care of yourself.

Its why I havent enrolled in it I will NEVER be forced to do anything like this again by the government

Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

It is
Oh, I see
good point
but has Trump done anything since taking office that seems really smart ..?
I mean, besides not having a man bun

ImageImage