Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
It's just the truth. It's ridiculous to say that Trump has accomplished more so far than Obama accomplished during his Presidency. I was opposed to passage of the Affordable Care Act but getting that through, from the standpoint of people getting what they want through, was WAY more of an accomplishment than anything Trump has done. Also something like getting the Iran Nuclear Deal through when the Republicans controlled Congress. Again, I didn't agree with the way that happened as I think it should've been a treaty ratified according to the Constitution. But in terms of level of difficulty it was way more of an accomplishment than anything Trump has done. Put the Democrats in control of both houses of Congress and see if Trump could do anything like that.

We have this thing where Trump talks about how much he's accomplished and people buy it just because he says it. It's nonsense. All that's happened is that he hasn't crashed the car. He took over when things were going well and he hasn't yet screwed things up. Yet.
Dude...you’re being trolled...again. Ivy is too smart to believe half of what he types. :ohno:
He knows he's being trolled - but its an OCD itch that must be scratched

nothing some meds wont solve

I like triggering him with as few words as possible - like "Name That Tune"... thus far I can get a response with just 3 words:

It's the economy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

For a fun trip down memory lane, go back 3-5 years on Google and find articles (many by left-leaning outlets like the Guardian) declaring the G7 impotent, outdated, and pointless through the Eurozone crisis.

Now Trumps contempt for it is going to destroy western civilization. :lol:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: The Official

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:
Dude...you’re being trolled...again. Ivy is too smart to believe half of what he types. :ohno:

I like triggering him with as few words as possible - like "Name That Tune"... thus far I can get a response with just 3 words:

It's the economy

I don't mind. I am seeing data all the time that shows me how ignorant and out of touch with reality Trump supporters are and I am looking for a reason to post discussion of them. If someone gives me a reason to do it by trolling me, I'm good with that.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

It's the economy

I don't mind. I am seeing data all the time that shows me how ignorant and out of touch with reality Trump supporters are and I am looking for a reason to post discussion of them. If someone gives me a reason to do it by trolling me, I'm good with that.

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Larry Kudlow just had a heart attack.

NEXT!!!!!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CAA Flagship wrote:Larry Kudlow just had a heart attack.

NEXT!!!!!
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:On the idea that Trump has accomplished more already than Obama accomplished in 8 years: :blah: :blah: :blah:
What Trump has done to you is quite an accomplishment

:rofl:

:clap:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Congrats, John. You’ve just cemented your reputation as an Obama-lover as well as a Clinton-lover. Please don’t tell me you’re a registered Libertarian. I’ll have you drummed out of the party. :tothehand:
It's just the truth. It's ridiculous to say that Trump has accomplished more so far than Obama accomplished during his Presidency. I was opposed to passage of the Affordable Care Act but getting that through, from the standpoint of people getting what they want through, was WAY more of an accomplishment than anything Trump has done. Also something like getting the Iran Nuclear Deal through when the Republicans controlled Congress. Again, I didn't agree with the way that happened as I think it should've been a treaty ratified according to the Constitution. But in terms of level of difficulty it was way more of an accomplishment than anything Trump has done. Put the Democrats in control of both houses of Congress and see if Trump could do anything like that.

We have this thing where Trump talks about how much he's accomplished and people buy it just because he says it. It's nonsense. All that's happened is that he hasn't crashed the car. He took over when things were going well and he hasn't yet screwed things up. Yet.
So what? Trump and his followers are making his accomplishments bigger than they really are. How is that any different that past Presidents? Were you hammering the keyboard like a man possessed to complain about Obama's arrogance then or now?

Obama — Just Too Good for Us
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

kalm wrote:
CitadelGrad wrote:What our "allies" refer to as free trade is anything but free trade. Have you ever seen the actual NAFTA text? It is large and documents managed trade. It is pretty close to Soviet central economic planning principles applied to international trade.

What Trump seems to be working toward is true free trade.
Again...I suppose they forced us kicking and screaming to free trade...we had no choice!

:coffee: :coffee:
By "they", do you mean Bill Clinton?

When NAFTA was conceived by the Reagan administration, it was something much different than what the Clinton administration agreed to.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CitadelGrad wrote:What our "allies" refer to as free trade is anything but free trade. Have you ever seen the actual NAFTA text? It is large and documents managed trade. It is pretty close to Soviet central economic planning principles applied to international trade.

What Trump seems to be working toward is true free trade.
If we went to completely free trade the US would lose. Our workers are not willing to work for as low a wage as workers from many places around the world are willing to work. People who think that things would get better for United States workers if we went to completely free trade are smoking rope. There are MANY other countries who can produce products of equal or superior quality at lower cost.
And you think trade barriers imposed on us by our "allies" solves that problem and keeps American workers employed?
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CitadelGrad wrote:
kalm wrote:
Again...I suppose they forced us kicking and screaming to free trade...we had no choice!

:coffee: :coffee:

When NAFTA was conceived by the Reagan administration, it was something much different than what the Clinton administration agreed to.
How so? I googled “Reagan NAFTA) and the first hit was a Heritage Foundation article from ‘93 giving Clinton props for following through with Reagan’s camapaogn vision.

https://www.heritage.org/trade/report/t ... n-realized

And yes, by “they”, of course I mean Clinton and anyone else who supported it.

I think there’s plenty to blame on both parties for new-liberal economics. Let’s just not pretend that it wasn’t a choice, similar to our debt. :nod:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

I’m all for free trade - but the fact is that other countries- some of them are allies - greatly restrict US products

Whether the Trump tariff is a good idea or not... we shouldn’t fool ourselves into thinking that other countries don’t routinely place stifling tariffs on our own products

You cannot find anything American in China - and they flat out ban luxury products
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote:You cannot find anything American in China - and they flat out ban luxury products
Ivanka is even more forntunate than I realized. She'll be raking it there in before long.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

CID1990 wrote:You cannot find anything American in China - and they flat out ban luxury products
Lol what? A simple Google search shows this is blatantly false.

American luxury brands are making a killing in China. Hell, Buick is probably still around because of China and their obsession with it.
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

kalm wrote:
CitadelGrad wrote:

How so? I googled “Reagan NAFTA) and the first hit was a Heritage Foundation article from ‘93 giving Clinton props for following through with Reagan’s camapaogn vision.

I think there’s plenty to blame on both parties for new-liberal economics. Let’s just not pretend that it wasn’t a choice, similar to our debt. :nod:
I imagine Heritage thought it was actually free trade at the time the article was written.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CitadelGrad wrote:
kalm wrote:

I imagine Heritage thought it was actually free trade at the time the article was written.
Of course they did. Just like some today still think it's free trade and that the TPP is merely an extension of it.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Lol what? A simple Google search shows this is blatantly false.

American luxury brands are making a killing in China. Hell, Buick is probably still around because of China and their obsession with it.
I said "luxury items", Treep. That's luxury items from OUR perspective.

While you've got Google up and running, maybe you should look up the import duty China places on those Buicks.... Buicks definitely ARE luxury items.... in China (and nowhere else in the world) - which is basically my point

And you CAN find US products in China- if you are part of the fraction of 1% of Chinese who can afford them..

Think of me saying "there arent any US products in China" as a "larger truth"... thats something you progressives can understand

(BTW I just got back from Guangzhou... all those Buicks at the Park Hyatt made me wish I could one day afford one too)

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

CID1990 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Lol what? A simple Google search shows this is blatantly false.

While you've got Google up and running, maybe you should look up the import duty China places on those Buicks.... Buicks definitely ARE luxury items.... in China (and nowhere else in the world) - which is basically my point

And you CAN find US products in China- if you are part of the fraction of 1% of Chinese who can afford them..

Think of me saying "there arent any US products in China" as a "larger truth"... thats something you progressives can understand

(BTW I just got back from Guangzhou... all those Buicks at the Park Hyatt made me wish I could one day afford one too)
Keep practicing those mental gymnastics; maybe one day you'll graduate to the Breitbart comment section.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Keep practicing those mental gymnastics; maybe one day you'll graduate to the Breitbart comment section.
Did you Google the import duty on Buicks to China yet?

How about Ford Focus? That's also a "luxury item" that you can actually find in China.

BTW - just in case you don't know, import duty is another term for "tariff"

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Exactly. :nod:
Were we forced at gunpoint to become world police?

Were there some within our own political system very pleased at the outcome of us becoming the lone super power for a few decades? Were they influential enough to steer us toward that role? Did anyone profit from it?

Do deficits really matter?

:coffee:
Yes, by Russian guns following the collapse of the Nazi's in WWII.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote:
kalm wrote:
Were we forced at gunpoint to become world police?

Were there some within our own political system very pleased at the outcome of us becoming the lone super power for a few decades? Were they influential enough to steer us toward that role? Did anyone profit from it?

Do deficits really matter?

:coffee:
Yes, by Russian guns following the collapse of the Nazi's in WWII.
Wait...I thought the Russians are our friends now and to be admired.

And why didn’t we get more help from Europe over the decades? Those bastards made us spend all that money... :ohno:

You guys are so confusing.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

kalm wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Yes, by Russian guns following the collapse of the Nazi's in WWII.

And why didn’t we get more help from Europe over the decades? Those bastards made us spend all that money... :ohno:

They act like Trump or the GOP actually care about not being the world police:
It's the biggest budget the Pentagon has ever seen: $700 billion. That's far more in defense spending than America's two nearest competitors, China and Russia, and will mean the military can foot the bill for thousands more troops, more training, more ships and a lot else.

The budget bill that President Donald Trump signed Friday includes huge spending increases for the military: The Pentagon will get $94 billion more this budget year than last -- a 15.5 percent jump. It's the biggest year-over-year windfall since the budget soared by 26.6 percent, from $345 billion in 2002 to $437 billion the year after, when the nation was fighting in Afghanistan, invading Iraq and expanding national defense after the 9/11 attacks.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Yes, by Russian guns following the collapse of the Nazi's in WWII.

Who knew that the one guy who prides himself on "nuance" is the least nuanced dude here?

Tutorial: they arent our friends

(but they could be)

But that ship passed us in the night long ago... now it would take a lot of work

and a lot of ignoring you "the 1980s called" acolytes

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
kalm wrote:

They act like Trump or the GOP actually care about not being the world police:
It's the biggest budget the Pentagon has ever seen: $700 billion. That's far more in defense spending than America's two nearest competitors, China and Russia, and will mean the military can foot the bill for thousands more troops, more training, more ships and a lot else.

The budget bill that President Donald Trump signed Friday includes huge spending increases for the military: The Pentagon will get $94 billion more this budget year than last -- a 15.5 percent jump. It's the biggest year-over-year windfall since the budget soared by 26.6 percent, from $345 billion in 2002 to $437 billion the year after, when the nation was fighting in Afghanistan, invading Iraq and expanding national defense after the 9/11 attacks.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html
You should LOVE him, then!

He's as much a Cold War statist interventionist as Hillary would have been..

(We came, we saw, he died!)

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:

Who knew that the one guy who prides himself on "nuance" is the least nuanced dude here?

Tutorial: they arent our friends

(but they could be)

But that ship passed us in the night long ago... now it would take a lot of work

and a lot of ignoring you "the 1980s called" acolytes

The world is black and white. Nuance is for pussies.