The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Political discussions
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by AZGrizFan »

Seabees would have the wall up in a week.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

The president’s overall job approval rating has been falling since his Oval Office address last week calling for enhanced border security and the building of a wall to help stop illegal immigration. This is his lowest daily approval rating in nearly a year.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... rack_jan14

Bring the heat, America. :nod:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote:
The president’s overall job approval rating has been falling since his Oval Office address last week calling for enhanced border security and the building of a wall to help stop illegal immigration. This is his lowest daily approval rating in nearly a year.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... rack_jan14

Bring the heat, America. :nod:
JSO must be kvelling.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

The latest CNN Poll shows that Trump's approval numbers are negative with white non-college voters (45% approve, 47% disapprove). That -2% approval is down from +15% (54% approve, 39% disapprove) in December.

The base is eroding.

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2019/images/01/12/rel1.pdf
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote:The latest CNN Poll shows that Trump's approval numbers are negative with white non-college voters (45% approve, 47% disapprove). That -2% approval is down from +15% (54% approve, 39% disapprove) in December.

The base is eroding.
Are federal workers still happy not getting paid?
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ibanez wrote:
93henfan wrote:The latest CNN Poll shows that Trump's approval numbers are negative with white non-college voters (45% approve, 47% disapprove). That -2% approval is down from +15% (54% approve, 39% disapprove) in December.

The base is eroding.
Are federal workers still happy not getting paid?
We love it! We're hoping to go bankrupt.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Are federal workers still happy not getting paid?
We love it! We're hoping to go bankrupt.
MAGA!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

More TrumpFail. US trade deficit with China is up 17%:
BEIJING—China’s trade surplus with the U.S. hit a record last year, as robust American demand for Chinese goods undercut the Trump administration’s tariff offensive aimed at narrowing the countries’ lopsided trade gap.

China recorded $323.32 billion in surplus with the U.S. in 2018, representing a 17% jump from the figure in the previous year, according to Chinese government trade data released Monday.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/chinas-ann ... 1547439977
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

93henfan wrote:More TrumpFail. US trade deficit with China is up 17%:
BEIJING—China’s trade surplus with the U.S. hit a record last year, as robust American demand for Chinese goods undercut the Trump administration’s tariff offensive aimed at narrowing the countries’ lopsided trade gap.

China recorded $323.32 billion in surplus with the U.S. in 2018, representing a 17% jump from the figure in the previous year, according to Chinese government trade data released Monday.
People never got this point, even though good economists preach it. As a free market society, consumers bear the brunt of Chinese tariffs by paying higher prices (and so far we've been willing to). As a government controlled market, China can shift markets and completely abandon American suppliers.

Also trade isn't a zero-sum game; it's just that China made more money than we did. Trump and the GOP have sold the trade deficit as America losing money. However a dramatic jump like this does mean our industries are losing potential profits because of the tariffs.

And if I'm confusing anyone, think of it like this: Sally made $10 and Johnny made $8. Johnny's deficit is $2 but they both made money. Is it worth being angry about if you're Johnny? So angry that you're willing to lose $2 in profits to make a point to Sally (who's a communist bitch).
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote:Also trade isn't a zero-sum game; it's just that China made more money than we did. Trump and the GOP have sold the trade deficit as America losing money. However a dramatic jump like this does mean our industries are losing potential profits because of the tariffs.

And if I'm confusing anyone, think of it like this: Sally made $10 and Johnny made $8. Johnny's deficit is $2 but they both made money. Is it worth being angry about if you're Johnny? So angry that you're willing to lose $2 in profits to make a point to Sally (who's a communist bitch).
I think it's a little more complicated than that. It's more like Johnny and Sally both make something that the other's family wants. Johnny lets Sally sell directly to him and all of his family members. Sally tells Johnny that the only way he can sell in her house is if he makes the product in partnership with her in her house. She watches everything he does and then uses his intellectual property to start selling the same product directly to her family members and other families in the neighborhood.

I'm a small l libertarian and I believe in free trade but it should be a two-way street and we don't have that with China. I find this whole tit-for-tat on trade very interesting because I believe that the US has been subsidizing world trade (both by allowing access to US markets at more favorable terms than we have access to other markets and by protecting shipping lanes) since at least the end of WWII. It made sense at the time because it helped with recovery and countries that are economically intertwined are less likely to resort to hostilities. It's become the status quo and any attempt to level the playing field is perceived as an attack on free trade.

If you're playing the long game (which the Chinese most definitely are), the benefits of leveling the playing field are huge and could be worth considerable pain in the present.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CNN - On the same day that an ISIS-claimed attack killed US service members in Syria, Vice President Mike Pence declared that "the caliphate has crumbled and ISIS has been defeated."

Pence's remark to the Global Chiefs of Mission conference at the US State Department came about an hour after the US-led coalition confirmed that American troops had been killed in an explosion in Manbij.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan wrote:
CNN - On the same day that an ISIS-claimed attack killed US service members in Syria, Vice President Mike Pence declared that "the caliphate has crumbled and ISIS has been defeated."

Pence's remark to the Global Chiefs of Mission conference at the US State Department came about an hour after the US-led coalition confirmed that American troops had been killed in an explosion in Manbij.
:lol: :lol: Sounds like WTAG's favorite Saturday night game.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

93henfan wrote:

Gotta check those news notifications more often.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

CAA Flagship wrote:
93henfan wrote:
:lol: :lol: Sounds like WTAG's favorite Saturday night game.
I would invite you, but I don't think you could handle it. Maybe after you spend a weekend at dback's.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Grizalltheway wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: :lol: :lol: Sounds like WTAG's favorite Saturday night game.
I would invite you, but I don't think you could handle it. Maybe after you spend a weekend at dback's.
:tothehand: No more weekends at dback's. The last time I was there, I passed out in the street and he left me there. Woke up to an illegal Honduran kissing me. :ohno: :ohno:

Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: I would invite you, but I don't think you could handle it. Maybe after you spend a weekend at dback's.
:tothehand: No more weekends at dback's. The last time I was there, I passed out in the street and he left me there. Woke up to an illegal Honduran kissing me. :ohno: :ohno:

Alex is Mexican, I believe.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Grizalltheway wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: :tothehand: No more weekends at dback's. The last time I was there, I passed out in the street and he left me there. Woke up to an illegal Honduran kissing me. :ohno: :ohno:

Alex is Mexican, I believe.
Alex is taking the picture.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

93henfan wrote:

All the more reason we shouldn't be in Syria.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Just checked the Reuters home web page and was struck by how bad the little headlines section in the middle looks for Trump right at this moment. Check it out:

Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Dayum! Good old G.F. Will ripping some tits. :lol:
What a misery it must be to be Donald Trump

...Dislike of him should be tempered by this consideration: He is an almost inexpressibly sad specimen. It must be misery to awaken to another day of being Donald Trump. He seems to have as many friends as his pluperfect self-centeredness allows, and as he has earned in an entirely transactional life. His historical ignorance deprives him of the satisfaction of working in a house where much magnificent history has been made. His childlike ignorance — preserved by a lifetime of single-minded self-promotion — concerning governance and economics guarantees that whenever he must interact with experienced and accomplished people, he is as bewildered as a kindergartener at a seminar on string theory...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... d436557557
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

93henfan wrote:More TrumpFail. US trade deficit with China is up 17%:

China has extended the olive branch back to the United States by offering a path to eliminate Washington’s burgeoning trade deficit with the country, Bloomberg reported Friday. The news comes less than a day after The Wall Street Journal reported that the Trump administration was considering lifting tariffs amid the ongoing trade war.

China Proposes Six-Year Buying Spree
Citing sources familiar with the matter, Bloomberg reported Friday that China has offered to significantly boost its purchase of U.S. goods over a six-year period in an effort to re-balance trade between the two superpowers. By increasing its annual imports from the United States, Beijing would reduce its trade surplus to zero by 2024. That would require a spending boost of more than $1 trillion.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bye-bye- ... 27486.html

Interesting if this actually happens...
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

93henfan wrote:Dayum! Good old G.F. Will ripping some tits. :lol:
What a misery it must be to be Donald Trump

...Dislike of him should be tempered by this consideration: He is an almost inexpressibly sad specimen. It must be misery to awaken to another day of being Donald Trump. He seems to have as many friends as his pluperfect self-centeredness allows, and as he has earned in an entirely transactional life. His historical ignorance deprives him of the satisfaction of working in a house where much magnificent history has been made. His childlike ignorance — preserved by a lifetime of single-minded self-promotion — concerning governance and economics guarantees that whenever he must interact with experienced and accomplished people, he is as bewildered as a kindergartener at a seminar on string theory...
93 is now officially tied with JSO as the most frequent and vitriolic anti-Trump poster. But 93 doesn’t yet have JSO’s gift for redundancy. 8-)
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
93henfan wrote:Dayum! Good old G.F. Will ripping some tits. :lol:

93 is now officially tied with JSO as the most frequent and vitriolic anti-Trump poster. But 93 doesn’t yet have JSO’s gift for redundancy. 8-)
93 is the Kirstin Gillibrand of CS.com!

(and when he gets all his back pay hes buying at Sambos!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Official

Post by 93henfan »

CID1990 wrote:(and when he gets all his back pay hes buying at Sambos!)
I may have a trifecta coming:

1. Back pay
2. Step increase to 14 step 7 this month
3. Democrats may still add a 1.9% raise for 2019 (which usually ends up being close to 3% for the DC scale)

If all three happen, I could be convinced to be generous at Sambo's.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Re: The Official

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:(and when he gets all his back pay hes buying at Sambos!)
I may have a trifecta coming:

1. Back pay
2. Step increase to 14 step 7 this month
3. Democrats may still add a 1.9% raise for 2019 (which usually ends up being close to 3% for the DC scale)

If all three happen, I could be convinced to be generous at Sambo's.
I'm flying in. :coffee: