JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by JohnStOnge »

CAA Flagship wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote: This guy is an abomination. It's NOT good that he is President of the United States. At some point I hope you come to realize that.
Read this carefully. Nobody here "likes" Trump. Any support you read is towards his policies.

My wife can't look at a room and picture it painted in another color. I can't tell you how many times she said she didn't like a house because of the color of a room(s). I have accepted that she is wired without the ability to see past things. You need to do the same and stop getting all worked up over stupid lies that mean nothing to anyone. Focus on what is important. And there is nothing more important to a country than safety/security and jobs.
Sorry but I think that it means something if you have a President of the United States who lies to the extent that Trump does. I also think it matters if you have a President who has the emotional maturity of a 10 year old. It represents a constant risk.

Also, I think you over estimate the effect of his policies. As I've written before: There is absolutely no evidence that Trump taking office changed the direction of the economy. He is currently trying to get us into an insane trade war that we would almost certainly lose. All that's happened with North Korea so far is that North Korea got the one on one meeting with the United States that it had been trying to get for decades.

Also, I disagree with the assertion that the most important thing to a country is "safety/security jobs." To me, we are in trouble if our population has come to believe that.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge wrote: Also, I disagree with the assertion that the most important thing to a country is "safety/security jobs." To me, we are in trouble if our population has come to believe that.
What do you believe are the top two issues for a country?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

CAA Flagship wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote: Also, I disagree with the assertion that the most important thing to a country is "safety/security jobs." To me, we are in trouble if our population has come to believe that.
What do you believe are the top two issues for a country?
For this country I think the top issue is Liberty and I don't know what is second. When I say that I'm not talking about what polls would say. I'm talking about in the abstract. I think that if we have a country where "safety/security/jobs" is the thing we have a problem.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: What do you believe are the top two issues for a country?
For this country I think the top issue is putting coloreds and homos in their place. Second is legalizing sex with pre-teen girls. I don't know what is third.
What John was really thinking.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: What do you believe are the top two issues for a country?
For this country I think the top issue is Liberty and I don't know what is second. When I say that I'm not talking about what polls would say. I'm talking about in the abstract. I think that if we have a country where "safety/security/jobs" is the thing we have a problem.
Liberty? Like what? Do you want to drive through red lights? Do you want to speed through no wake zones? Do you want to catch more fish and keep smaller ones?

Sorry but the amount of Liberty one can have depends on the actions of the population's scumbags. The more wrongdoing they do, the less liberty we all have. At one time we could walk up and board a plane with little delay. But because scumbags hijack, blow up, and kamikaze planes, we have to go through annoying security checks. But we still have the freedom to fly anywhere at anytime, and feel relatively safer doing so.

Yeah, the US, while being one of the most free countries, sometimes goes overboard. But we have a political system designed to address it.

Unfortunately, the human race does not have 100% nice people. If we did, there would be no need for laws, rules, and such.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Ivytalk wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
*seperation ;)
:dunce: Trips isn’t right about much, but he can spell.

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Using pictures from 2014 is fake. And it has nothing to do with race or being queer Dback.. :roll:

It sounds like you'd rather have the Bush/Obama catch and release/get out of jail free card where the OTMs would get caught entering illegally with kids in tow, get an NTA for weeks/months later, and 90% wouldn't show up. Mostly here to live forever illegally in the US and their kids become dreamers...These people know the kids in tow were their meal ticket..Screw enforcing the law.. :ohno:

Here's a novel idea. Don't get caught illegally entering the US, trying to use you're kids as a get out of jail free card, and you won't be separated from your kids. And word travels to Mexico & Central America fast. Notice how in the past when there was rumors of amnesty you'd see surges at the border.

Or better yet, pass Boob's bill for expedited removal proceedings, problem solved..
I'd rather my government not separate families.I'd rather my gov't not use children as cannon fodder. I'd rather my government and President get their collective heads out of their asses and do something, especially when they have the votes and power.

I'm all for enforcing the law. If you took the time to read my exchange with 93 - me and him are on the same page. This is a fucking nightmare that was created by Trumps administration and can only be solved with him action (which I see on my phone he did by EO). Catch and Release is as stupid as this policy. Seriously, how can you defend it? You should stop choking on Trump's dick long enough to realize that he isn't the Messiah. He doesn't give a fuck about you.

Here's a novel idea - don't be heartless when dealing people that just risked their lives to make it to the USA. Legal or not - it's just wrong.
I just don't know where all this outrage was when kids were getting separated under W's watch, and then Obama. Hell, the msm tried to make this a big deal recently and even that was spurned from a 2014 article. It took the FBI implosion to get this front and center.

This issue actually dates back to '97 when the Flores Settlement (Consent Decree) came down from the 9th circuit court which mandated that illegal immigrant children be separated from their parents after 20 days in detainment. A recent appeal ('15/16) was rejected and the Flores Settlement was upheld.

The catch and release nonsense merely ignored enforcement of this law and that is no way to go about it. It's a shitty law, it needs to be fixed but President's don't make laws, Congress does. Congress needs to fix this because anything generated from a phone and a pen won't hold up in court (how long until this EO is ruled UC?).
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote:
Ibanez wrote:I'd rather my government not separate families.I'd rather my gov't not use children as cannon fodder. I'd rather my government and President get their collective heads out of their asses and do something, especially when they have the votes and power.

I'm all for enforcing the law. If you took the time to read my exchange with 93 - me and him are on the same page. This is a fucking nightmare that was created by Trumps administration and can only be solved with him action (which I see on my phone he did by EO). Catch and Release is as stupid as this policy. Seriously, how can you defend it? You should stop choking on Trump's dick long enough to realize that he isn't the Messiah. He doesn't give a fuck about you.

Here's a novel idea - don't be heartless when dealing people that just risked their lives to make it to the USA. Legal or not - it's just wrong.
I just don't know where all this outrage was when kids were getting separated under W's watch, and then Obama. Hell, the msm tried to make this a big deal recently and even that was spurned from a 2014 article. It took the FBI implosion to get this front and center.

This issue actually dates back to '97 when the Flores Settlement (Consent Decree) came down from the 9th circuit court which mandated that illegal immigrant children be separated from their parents after 20 days in detainment. A recent appeal ('15/16) was rejected and the Flores Settlement was upheld.

The catch and release nonsense merely ignored enforcement of this law and that is no way to go about it. It's a shitty law, it needs to be fixed but President's don't make laws, Congress does. Congress needs to fix this because anything generated from a phone and a pen won't hold up in court (how long until this EO is ruled UC?).
I don't disagree with you. However, the issue has come to the surface during Trumps administration and it's on him to fix it. Catch and release shouldn't have been done. Who would have thought that people illegally entering the US wouldn't willfully return to a court where their status would be determined? :dunce:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

SDHornet wrote:
Ibanez wrote:I'd rather my government not separate families.I'd rather my gov't not use children as cannon fodder. I'd rather my government and President get their collective heads out of their asses and do something, especially when they have the votes and power.

I'm all for enforcing the law. If you took the time to read my exchange with 93 - me and him are on the same page. This is a **** nightmare that was created by Trumps administration and can only be solved with him action (which I see on my phone he did by EO). Catch and Release is as stupid as this policy. Seriously, how can you defend it? You should stop choking on Trump's dick long enough to realize that he isn't the Messiah. He doesn't give a **** about you.

Good post. French is right on this one.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:

I'm all for enforcing the law. If you took the time to read my exchange with 93 - me and him are on the same page. This is a **** nightmare that was created by Trumps administration and can only be solved with him action (which I see on my phone he did by EO). Catch and Release is as stupid as this policy. Seriously, how can you defend it? You should stop choking on Trump's dick long enough to realize that he isn't the Messiah. He doesn't give a **** about you.

Ive been saying this kind of thing about Congress for years...

It has gotten to the point that the balance of power may be irretrievably broken because Congress has ceded so much of its power - and it is all in the name of staying in office...

Some of Congress’ most solemn powers are the ones they were first to abrogate - happy to put all of the political risk onto the executive

Some Congresscritters have their hearts in the right place, but they are to few to be effective. The average House member is an entitled, self important junket whore with one mission - score enough points with the hoi polloi to stay in office long enough to make a career out of it

Frankly, I think we should boost their pay by a factor of 4, and install term limits. Make it worthwhile for real people to take 4-8 years out of their lives to live in DC and do their duty

I have zero faith that anything useful will ever come out of Capitol Hill again
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote:
SDHornet wrote: I just don't know where all this outrage was when kids were getting separated under W's watch, and then Obama. Hell, the msm tried to make this a big deal recently and even that was spurned from a 2014 article. It took the FBI implosion to get this front and center.

Good post. French is right on this one.
So we're back to the law mattering? :?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Re: The Official

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
SDHornet wrote: I just don't know where all this outrage was when kids were getting separated under W's watch, and then Obama. Hell, the msm tried to make this a big deal recently and even that was spurned from a 2014 article. It took the FBI implosion to get this front and center.

It has gotten to the point that the balance of power may be irretrievably broken because Congress has ceded so much of its power - and it is all in the name of staying in office...

Some of Congress’ most solemn powers are the ones they were first to abrogate - happy to put all of the political risk onto the executive

Some Congresscritters have their hearts in the right place, but they are to few to be effective. The average House member is an entitled, self important junket whore with one mission - score enough points with the hoi polloi to stay in office long enough to make a career out of it

Frankly, I think we should boost their pay by a factor of 4, and install term limits. Make it worthwhile for real people to take 4-8 years out of their lives to live in DC and do their duty

You'd think their owners would have them declaring war all over the place to improve business
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Good post. French is right on this one.
Always has, always will.

You’re unusually prolific this morning. Harvest all done? :coffee:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

CID, I need you to weigh in on the asylum rules again.
I could swear that you said (somewhere on this board) that people from Honduras (or another SA country) that fled to Mexico can't seek asylum in the US because they are no longer being persecuted in Honduras......or something like that.

Why can't we just stop them at the border and tell them to turn around?

And why the hell are we letting Mexico get away with not sealing their southern border?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

CAA Flagship wrote:CID, I need you to weigh in on the asylum rules again.
I could swear that you said (somewhere on this board) that people from Honduras (or another SA country) that fled to Mexico can't seek asylum in the US because they are no longer being persecuted in Honduras......or something like that.

Why can't we just stop them at the border and tell them to turn around?

And why the hell are we letting Mexico get away with not sealing their southern border?
Not to mention their northern border. What do they think we are? Canada?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

You'd think their owners would have them declaring war all over the place to improve business
Do you even read?

Warmaking powers are the first thing they gave up - war doesn’t keep you in office for 20 years
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Always has, always will.

:lol:

My daughter got married here last Saturday, the months prior were pretty busy cleaning up 25 acres after 31 years. A great deal of spousal-induced stress - I'm taking a little slack time..
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Always has, always will.

My daughter got married here last Saturday, the months prior were pretty busy cleaning up 25 acres after 31 years. A great deal of spousal-induced stress - I'm taking a little slack time..
Congratulations, Pops! :thumb: I hope you told the new SIL that he’d better treat your daughter right, or you’ll shoot him where he stands ( my favorite line from Analyze This).
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Always has, always will.

So do you still call your brother’s son nephew? Or son?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:

Do you even read?

Warmaking powers are the first thing they gave up - war doesn’t keep you in office for 20 years
Bullshit.

War keeps you in office if General Dynamics owns you. DOW kept all kinds of Congresscum in office during Vietnam. And nobody needs 20 years if they're any kind of extortionist at all. :ohno:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:

So do you still call your brother’s son nephew? Or son?
Neither, she just lives in NC, she's not from there. :coffee:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote:

I wrote a 35-page paper on Congressional warmaking Powers and “just war” theory for my conflicts theory class. Aced the course. I think you’d agree with most of it. John Yoo is full of shit on that topic.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

That’s a 4 year investment AT BEST before you have to run from your vote

Just ask Hillary “sniper Fire” Clintoris

Or John Rambo Kerry
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote:
houndawg wrote:

Congratulations, Pops! :thumb: I hope you told the new SIL that he’d better treat your daughter right, or you’ll shoot him where he stands ( my favorite line from Analyze This).
Thanks. :thumb:

He's a good man and his family are good people. Salt-of-the-earth type of rednecks that would give you the shirt off their back. His little brother is a Deputy Sheriff whose wedding present to my daughter was a sweet little SS .38 Special. Its going to be a fun family.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

CID1990 wrote:That’s a 4 year investment AT BEST before you have to run from your vote

Just ask Hillary “sniper Fire” Clintoris

Or John Rambo Kerry
CID, I have a question up there ^^^ somewhere that has gotten buried.