Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by Grizalltheway »

Chizzang wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
A 62 year old guy with a man bun calling somebody not particularly bright.................its one of those cliche phrases.....isnt it?

It is
Oh, I see
good point
but has Trump done anything since taking office that seems really smart ..?
I mean, besides not having a man bun

ImageImage
You need to keep in mind Alpha's standard for brightness.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

∞∞∞ wrote:
93henfan wrote:I'll go ahead and get on record on this now: YUGE tactical error by Trump with the EO yesterday on healthcare. I've said all along that Obamacare should have been left to fail on its own. Now the Dems have plausible deniability when it fails. It's flypaper and he shouldn't have touched it. Now he owns it.
It's Trumpscare from now on.
FIFY :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Eff legislating via executive orders. Trump and Obama should both get kicked in the nuts when they try to do it.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Me thinks Trumperica is coming to an end shortly. He's going to get Weinsteined out of office with the current sexual assault wave, like Weinstein got kicked out of the academy. Just a matter of time, especially if there are court documents that become public.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Gil Dobie wrote:Me thinks Trumperica is coming to an end shortly. He's going to get Weinsteined out of office with the current sexual assault wave, like Weinstein got kicked out of the academy. Just a matter of time, especially if there are court documents that become public.
I dunno. I think the Trump thing is like a cult. There's a lot of that kind of psychology going on. If you're not in the cult you can readily see how stupid it is. But if you're in the cult you're going to believe up is down and red is blue and whatever else comes up. People knew Trump was a serial sexual harassment offender...or at least had plenty of information to indicate that...before he got elected.

You could have court documents and unequivocal proof saying that Trump raped a five year old girl and Trump cultists...including many White Evangelical Christians...would find a way to rationalize their way around it.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BTW, we should remember to say this from time to time:

We truly do have an absolute idiot as President of the United States right now. It is a very sad state of affairs. If the idea is to "Make America Great Again," electing an idiot like that was not the way to do it.
Could I ever be a star?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:BTW, we should remember to say this from time to time:

We truly do have an absolute idiot as President of the United States right now. It is a very sad state of affairs. If the idea is to "Make America Great Again," electing an idiot like that was not the way to do it.
Says the Poster Boy for OCD. :roll:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:

No..................its not There is no excuse for that **** hack Obama and what he did to this country
False. Ending the subsidy essentially alters the entire equation, making Trumpcare completely different.

Basically, the CBO projects that cutting subsidies will make premiums 20 percent higher by next year and 25 percent higher by the end of the decade (and raising the budget deficit by $200 billion in ten years).

This EO removes one subsidy, which goes directly to insurers intended to keep costs lower for everybody; however, it doesn't end subsidies that go to the poorest families. Ending the subsidy to insurers causes all premiums to go up, but those premiums are still covered by the subsidy going to the poorest families. The savings from ending the subsidy to insurers is entirely eaten up by the increased subsidies to poor families.

Only in Trump's world (and the GOPs) do you hurt more Americans while INCREASING the deficit.

Obamacare needed fixing (even Donks admitted that), but this is Trump's fiasco to own now.
Wrong. The donk congress that passed Obamacare never authorized the subsidies, and never provided the funding for them. Stupid donks forgot to include that in the Obamacare bill when they passed it :dunce: :rofl: So Obama created the illegal subsidies by executive fiat. After the conks took over congress they sued the Obama administration in 2014, arguing the payments were illegal since they were being appropriated by the executive branch instead of Congress, which never authorized them. A fed court ruled in the conks favor. The Obama admin appealed, and the payments were allowed to continue as the case wound its way through the fed courts. Trump is simply ending those illegal subsidies before SCOTUS did. Its still Obamacare, 100% on the donks. :nod:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

We've become one big civics class and yet the whole country is sleeping through it

If you don't want your presidential legacy erased then you should use something more permanent than a pen and phone

The good news is that most EOs that are used to circumvent Congress are as easily erased as they are written

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Official

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote:We've become one big civics class and yet the whole country is sleeping through it

If you don't want your presidential legacy erased then you should use something more permanent than a pen and phone

The good news is that most EOs that are used to circumvent Congress are as easily erased as they are written

Pretty much this...kind of like donks could have done something about immigration when they had control...and did nothing.

Interesting times indeed.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:Me thinks Trumperica is coming to an end shortly. He's going to get Weinsteined out of office with the current sexual assault wave, like Weinstein got kicked out of the academy. Just a matter of time, especially if there are court documents that become public.
I dunno. I think the Trump thing is like a cult. There's a lot of that kind of psychology going on. If you're not in the cult you can readily see how stupid it is. But if you're in the cult you're going to believe up is down and red is blue and whatever else comes up. People knew Trump was a serial sexual harassment offender...or at least had plenty of information to indicate that...before he got elected.

You could have court documents and unequivocal proof saying that Trump raped a five year old girl and Trump cultists...including many White Evangelical Christians...would find a way to rationalize their way around it.
There are some terrific fundies out there who mind their own business while consistently following the teachings but there is also a significant number of gigantic assholes among those ranks as well. Not sure why you're so surprised.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:

A cult?

This is why you continue to get Trump wrong

Nobody worships Trump. Hell half the people who support him probably can’t stand him

A cult looks more like this:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

A cult?

Nobody worships Trump. Hell half the people who support him probably can’t stand him

Love was a good album. You shut your whore mouth!

phpBB [video]
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

A cult?

You got this right. It also looks like this...

phpBB [video]
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

A cult?

CID you're doing what the Democrats and Republicans did last year...
You're drastically under estimating the fervor of the collective Trump following

:nod:

We all agree that people with an IQ above 88 aren't exactly thrilled with Trump
But that leaves about 100 million to 150 million people madly in love with him
and he understands them and nurtures them daily
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
A cult?

You're drastically under estimating the fervor of the collective Trump following

I'm sure there are ones who are blindly and madly in love with Trump, but the Trump voters I know (and I live in work in the parts of PA that were decidedly purple in the last election) still just seem pissed at government status quo as a whole. They like that it's a big middle finger to the political establishment. They may not love Trump, but they like that he's a bull in a china shop political figure. And they like that it pisses the crap out of those that hate Trump. It's almost like the real life, political version of trolling.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
A cult?

I'm not underestimating anybody

I know A LOT of Trump voters... (yes this is anecdotal) and I don't know a single one who doesn't think he's a choad

Trump wasn't elected on his charm or wit or good looks or judgment or innovative ideas

Trump is a vehicle and nothing more - Trump is a warning movement- not a cult

unless you know people who have velvet portraits of him on their living room walls... I'd like to see that

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

This Trump shrine was drawing 14,000 visitors per month as of October 2016. :lol:

http://triblive.com/news/westmoreland/1 ... i-visitors
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:This Trump shrine was drawing 14,000 visitors per month as of October 2016. :lol:

http://triblive.com/news/westmoreland/1 ... i-visitors
I love making you Google

It's like I have two fingers stuck up your ass

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

You love having two fingers stuck up my ass?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

I'm not underestimating anybody

I know A LOT of Trump voters... (yes this is anecdotal) and I don't know a single one who doesn't think he's a choad

Trump wasn't elected on his charm or wit or good looks or judgment or innovative ideas

Trump is a vehicle and nothing more - Trump is a warning movement- not a cult

unless you know people who have velvet portraits of him on their living room walls... I'd like to see that

Comedian Trey Crowder hit it on the head when he said that Trump was a giant "FVCK YOU" from Bubba to the establishment.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:You love having two fingers stuck up my ass?
Only when it make you do my bidding. (That happens frequently)

Your next Google assignment is coming
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

When you have stuff going on like those Trump rallies....that's a cult. It's obvious.

If I had to make a rough estimate I'd say it's somewhere around 40% of the Republican base so it's less than 20% of the population. But it's still a large group. And it got Trump the Republican nomination.
Could I ever be a star?

Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

JohnStOnge wrote:When you have stuff going on like those Trump rallies....that's a cult. It's obvious.

If I had to make a rough estimate I'd say it's somewhere around 40% of the Republican base so it's less than 20% of the population. But it's still a large group. And it got Trump the Republican nomination.
CID is still playing down
hoping nobody will notice I suppose

But yeah, it's real
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:When you have stuff going on like those Trump rallies....that's a cult. It's obvious.

CID is still playing down
hoping nobody will notice I suppose

But yeah, it's real
I love this thread

It has me and houndawg pitted against Clertz and JStWronge