CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by CAA Flagship »

BDKJMU wrote:THE BOOM IS BOOMING AND HOME DEPOT IS SETTING RECORDS

ATLANTA (AP) -- Americans are plowing money into their homes at an astonishing rate, new, used and even those not yet built, creating for Home Depot a frenzy of loyal customers.

The world's biggest home improvement retailer rang up its highest quarterly sales, and richest earnings in the company's history, and it boosted its outlook for the year Tuesday.

Revenue for the period ended July increased to $28.11 billion from $26.47 billion, topping the $27.84 billion that analysts polled by Zacks Investment Research forecast.

Sales at stores open at least a year, a key indicator of a retailers' health, increased 6.3 percent. In the U.S., the figure rose 6.6 percent.

In June, Americans signed more contracts to buy homes, snapping a three-month decline in pending sales. That same month, U.S. sales of new homes rose slightly, a sign that more would-be buyers are seeking newly built properties. In May U.S. home prices reached a new high for the sixth straight month.

Home Depot Inc. earned $2.67 billion, or $2.25 per share, in the quarter. A year ago the Atlanta-based company earned $2.44 billion, or $1.97 per share.

Analysts were calling for earnings of $2.21 per share, according to a Zacks survey.

Home Depot now foresees 2017 earnings per share will rise about 13 percent from the prior-year period and sales will climb approximately 5.3 percent. Its previous guidance was for earnings per share growth of about 11 percent and sales growth of approximately 4.6 percent.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 5-06-50-00
Stock down 3% today. :? :?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

CAA Flagship wrote:

ATLANTA (AP) -- Americans are plowing money into their homes at an astonishing rate, new, used and even those not yet built, creating for Home Depot a frenzy of loyal customers.

The world's biggest home improvement retailer rang up its highest quarterly sales, and richest earnings in the company's history, and it boosted its outlook for the year Tuesday.

Revenue for the period ended July increased to $28.11 billion from $26.47 billion, topping the $27.84 billion that analysts polled by Zacks Investment Research forecast.

Sales at stores open at least a year, a key indicator of a retailers' health, increased 6.3 percent. In the U.S., the figure rose 6.6 percent.

In June, Americans signed more contracts to buy homes, snapping a three-month decline in pending sales. That same month, U.S. sales of new homes rose slightly, a sign that more would-be buyers are seeking newly built properties. In May U.S. home prices reached a new high for the sixth straight month.

Home Depot Inc. earned $2.67 billion, or $2.25 per share, in the quarter. A year ago the Atlanta-based company earned $2.44 billion, or $1.97 per share.

Analysts were calling for earnings of $2.21 per share, according to a Zacks survey.

Home Depot now foresees 2017 earnings per share will rise about 13 percent from the prior-year period and sales will climb approximately 5.3 percent. Its previous guidance was for earnings per share growth of about 11 percent and sales growth of approximately 4.6 percent.
That still leaves it up about 10% on the year..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Fallout shelters require a lot of materials.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CAA Flagship wrote:

Thanks to heavy shorting by Flaggy...
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ivytalk wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Stock down 3% today. :? :?
Thanks to heavy shorting by Flaggy...
:lol: :lol: No. I had Lowes but sold last week.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Quite the week for Don. It's hard to imagine him lasting another year in office. :popcorn:
And he berated his critics who, with increasingly sharper language, have denounced his initially slow and then ultimately combative comments on the racial violence at a white supremacist rally last weekend in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Trump was much quicker Thursday to condemn violence in Barcelona, where more than a dozen people were killed when a van veered onto a sidewalk and sped down a busy pedestrian zone in what authorities called a terror attack.

He then added to his expression of support a tweet reviving a debunked legend about a U.S. general subduing Muslim rebels a century ago in the Philippines by shooting them with bullets dipped in pig blood.

“Study what General Pershing of the United States did to terrorists when caught. There was no more Radical Islamic Terror for 35 years!” Trump wrote.

Trump’s unpredictable, defiant and, critics claim, racially provocative behavior has clearly begun to wear on his Republican allies.

Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker, whom Trump considered for a Cabinet post, declared Thursday that “the president has not yet been able to demonstrate the stability nor some of the competence that he needs to” in dealing with crises. And Sen. Dan Sullivan of Alaska tweeted, “Anything less than complete & unambiguous condemnation of white supremacists, neo-Nazis and the KKK by the @POTUS is unacceptable. Period.”

Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina said Trump’s “moral authority is compromised.”

Trump, who is known to try to change the focus of news coverage with an attention-grabbing declaration, sought to shift Thursday from the white supremacists to the future of statues.

“You can’t change history, but you can learn from it,” he tweeted. “Robert E. Lee. Stonewall Jackson – who’s next, Washington, Jefferson? So foolish. …

“Also the beauty that is being taken out of our cities, towns and parks will be greatly missed and never able to be comparably replaced!”

“Sad to see the history and culture of our great country being ripped apart with the removal of our beautiful statues and monuments,” he tweeted.......................

He dissolved two business councils Wednesday after the CEO members began quitting, damaging his central campaign promise to be a business-savvy chief executive in the Oval Office.

Meanwhile, rumblings of discontent from his staff grew so loud that the White House had to release a statement saying that Trump’s chief economic adviser wasn’t quitting. And the president remained on the receiving end of bipartisan criticism for his handling of the aftermath of the Charlottesville clashes.

On Thursday, he hit back hard – against Republicans.

He accused “publicity-seeking” Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina of falsely stating Trump’s position on the demonstrators and called Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake “toxic” and praised Flake’s potential primary election opponent.

Graham said Wednesday that Trump “took a step backward by again suggesting there is moral equivalency” between the marching white supremacists and the people who had been demonstrating against them. Flake has been increasingly critical of Trump in recent weeks......................

But not all of Trump’s aides were unhappy with his performance.

Adviser Steve Bannon’s job security in the White House has become tenuous – Trump offered only a “we’ll see” on Tuesday when asked if his chief strategist would remain in his post – but Bannon has been telling allies that the president’s news conference would electrify the GOP base.

And in a pair of interviews Wednesday, Bannon cheered on the president’s nationalist tendencies and suggested that a fight over Confederate monuments was a political fight he welcomes.
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/a ... ed-apa/#/0
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote:Quite the week for Don. It's hard to imagine him lasting another year in office. :popcorn:
And he berated his critics who, with increasingly sharper language, have denounced his initially slow and then ultimately combative comments on the racial violence at a white supremacist rally last weekend in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Trump was much quicker Thursday to condemn violence in Barcelona, where more than a dozen people were killed when a van veered onto a sidewalk and sped down a busy pedestrian zone in what authorities called a terror attack.

He then added to his expression of support a tweet reviving a debunked legend about a U.S. general subduing Muslim rebels a century ago in the Philippines by shooting them with bullets dipped in pig blood.

“Study what General Pershing of the United States did to terrorists when caught. There was no more Radical Islamic Terror for 35 years!” Trump wrote.

Trump’s unpredictable, defiant and, critics claim, racially provocative behavior has clearly begun to wear on his Republican allies.

Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker, whom Trump considered for a Cabinet post, declared Thursday that “the president has not yet been able to demonstrate the stability nor some of the competence that he needs to” in dealing with crises. And Sen. Dan Sullivan of Alaska tweeted, “Anything less than complete & unambiguous condemnation of white supremacists, neo-Nazis and the KKK by the @POTUS is unacceptable. Period.”

Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina said Trump’s “moral authority is compromised.”

Trump, who is known to try to change the focus of news coverage with an attention-grabbing declaration, sought to shift Thursday from the white supremacists to the future of statues.

“You can’t change history, but you can learn from it,” he tweeted. “Robert E. Lee. Stonewall Jackson – who’s next, Washington, Jefferson? So foolish. …

“Also the beauty that is being taken out of our cities, towns and parks will be greatly missed and never able to be comparably replaced!”

“Sad to see the history and culture of our great country being ripped apart with the removal of our beautiful statues and monuments,” he tweeted.......................

He dissolved two business councils Wednesday after the CEO members began quitting, damaging his central campaign promise to be a business-savvy chief executive in the Oval Office.

Meanwhile, rumblings of discontent from his staff grew so loud that the White House had to release a statement saying that Trump’s chief economic adviser wasn’t quitting. And the president remained on the receiving end of bipartisan criticism for his handling of the aftermath of the Charlottesville clashes.

On Thursday, he hit back hard – against Republicans.

He accused “publicity-seeking” Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina of falsely stating Trump’s position on the demonstrators and called Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake “toxic” and praised Flake’s potential primary election opponent.

Graham said Wednesday that Trump “took a step backward by again suggesting there is moral equivalency” between the marching white supremacists and the people who had been demonstrating against them. Flake has been increasingly critical of Trump in recent weeks......................

But not all of Trump’s aides were unhappy with his performance.

Adviser Steve Bannon’s job security in the White House has become tenuous – Trump offered only a “we’ll see” on Tuesday when asked if his chief strategist would remain in his post – but Bannon has been telling allies that the president’s news conference would electrify the GOP base.

And in a pair of interviews Wednesday, Bannon cheered on the president’s nationalist tendencies and suggested that a fight over Confederate monuments was a political fight he welcomes.
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/a ... ed-apa/#/0
I was thinking that too - he's only 8 months into a 48 month term of office. Can he hang on for 40 more months? Things start to quiet down at the two year mark as the election cycle really kicks in for the next Presidential run. But yeah, imagining him getting through another year in office seems difficult.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I think he wants to quit but his ego won't let him.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Re: The Official

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:I think he wants to quit but his ego won't let him.
Before he ran:
I think his lawyers told him pretty resoundingly
that nobody would be allowed to crawl around in his personal finances
and expose him

but

Now that Pandora's box has been kicked open
I'm pretty sure his enthusiasm to "stay" President is starting to wane

He's a con man of the most extreme variety
the sh!t they're going to find will likely blow some minds
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
Before he ran:
and expose him

but

You mean he's not scared of people finding out he COLLUDED WITH RUSSIANS?

I'd be scared of THAT

If I did it
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASUG8 »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Before he ran:
and expose him

but

You mean he's not scared of people finding out he COLLUDED WITH RUSSIANS?

I'd be scared of THAT

If I did it
You remember this gem?

phpBB [video]
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Chizzang wrote:
Before he ran:
and expose him

but

I agree with this. Drumpf ran for Prez on a lark and the job is now a Tar Baby. He probably hasn't been laid since his inauguration -- certainly not by Melania.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I'm tempted to say "Trump supporters are such idiots." That's my visceral reaction when I see stuff like I saw members of a panel of Trump supporters say this morning. But I have to remember that it's really better to say they just have suspended their critical thinking abilities to accommodate Trump support.

This time it was Alisyn Camerota asking them how they felt about Trump saying during the campaign that we needed to get out of Afghanistan then saying what he said last night. Their response was that he didn't know what he knows now. You know, now that he's President and he has access to the information.

PEOPLE. What it tells you is HE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL HE WAS TALKING ABOUT when he was doing that thing during the campaign about how the people in charge are stupid and he's SMART and he knew more about things than anybody else. He was, as they say, completely full of shit.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

JohnStOnge wrote:I'm tempted to say "Trump supporters are such idiots." That's my visceral reaction when I see stuff like I saw members of a panel of Trump supporters say this morning. But I have to remember that it's really better to say they just have suspended their critical thinking abilities to accommodate Trump support.

This time it was Alisyn Camerota asking them how they felt about Trump saying during the campaign that we needed to get out of Afghanistan then saying what he said last night. Their response was that he didn't know what he knows now. You know, now that he's President and he has access to the information.

PEOPLE. What it tells you is HE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL HE WAS TALKING ABOUT when he was doing that thing during the campaign about how the people in charge are stupid and he's SMART and he knew more about things than anybody else. He was, as they say, completely full of shit.

Anybody BUT Hilary went a long way in this past election...

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge wrote:I'm tempted to say "Trump supporters are such idiots." That's my visceral reaction when I see stuff like I saw members of a panel of Trump supporters say this morning. But I have to remember that it's really better to say they just have suspended their critical thinking abilities to accommodate Trump support.

You are something else, you know that?

Campaign statements and "promises" mean nothing, but they let you know what direction they lean. And that is even sometimes a lie.
It's amazing that you believe every word from every politician in every campaign.
Keep up the good work. :coffee:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

CAA Flagship wrote:.
You are something else, you know that?

Campaign statements and "promises" mean nothing, but they let you know what direction they lean. And that is even sometimes a lie.
It's amazing that you believe every word from every politician in every campaign.
Keep up the good work. :coffee:[/quote]

A major "lean," as you put it, of the Trump campaign was that our leaders were really stupid. They didn't know what they were doing. And HE really knew what was going on. Everything was simple. Fixing "health care' would be easy.

What's become abundantly clear is that he had absolutely no clue when he was saying those things.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: You are something else, you know that?

Keep up the good work. :coffee:
A major "lean," as you put it, of the Trump campaign was that our leaders were really stupid. They didn't know what they were doing. And HE really knew what was going on. Everything was simple. Fixing "health care' would be easy.

What's become abundantly clear is that he had absolutely no clue when he was saying those things.
Fixing healthcare IS easy. But nobody wants to risk their seat in doing so. :coffee:
Last edited by CAA Flagship on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

In terms of Afghanistan he's showing himself to be smarter than Obama. That is despite his campaign rhetoric, he's isn't trying to play general like General Obama did by micromanaging, trying to play general, and ahead of time publicly announcing arbitrary timetables. Doing like Obama did, announcing to our enemies when we would draw down and leave, was incredibly stupid. Trump said the U.S. would no longer talk about troop levels or drawdown dates. He's already said earlier this year he would let Mattis determine troop levels. Good- let the generals general.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

So no comments on Trumps Afghan speech last night? He's doubling down on that place instead of pulling out. Where are all the "Trump will be different" folks at?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

US revised second-quarter GDP up 3.0% vs 2.7% rise expected
The U.S. economy grew faster than initially thought in the second quarter, notching its quickest pace in more than two years.
There are signs that the momentum was sustained at the start of the third quarter.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/30/us-revi ... r-gdp.html
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

BDKJMU wrote:notching its quickest pace in more than two years.
I wonder why you didn't post it two years ago? :suspicious:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Trump meets with Congressional leadership... breaks with McConnell and Ryan on the debt ceiling... sides with Schumer and Pelosi. :lol:

:coffee:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Trump meets with Congressional leadership... breaks with McConnell and Ryan on the debt ceiling... sides with Schumer and Pelosi. :lol:

:coffee:
Looks like Chuck is going in for the kiss....
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Trump may have just earned a dollar for the cost of 25 cents. :nod:
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... nouncement

Bye bye campus kangaroo courts for sexual assault! :thumb:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.