Political discussions
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by JohnStOnge »

This is a good day to reflect upon how embarrassing it is to be a citizen of this country when Donald Trump is President of the United States.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

GannonFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:I might start blocking JSO. I'm no fan of Trump by any means but I am able to give the man a fair shake and credit when it's due (like USMCA...get it done CONGRESS!!!!).

John, you're a broken record. Please - for your own mental health - focus on what matters like family and fishing.
Agreed, there are plenty of reasons to be abhorred of Trump, but to rail time and time again that Trump hasn't had a positive impact on the economy over and above that of his predecessor, in spite of clear mathematical evidence supporting that, is starting to be the new definition of insanity. JSO was a levelheaded poster years ago, but the years and the Trump presidency have not been good to him, unfortunately. :ohno:
You are incorrect. There is not mathematical evidence that Trump has had a positive impact on the economy. That is the point. If you care to debate that point by point submit your "clear mathematical evidence" and I will debunk it. It's not there.

Your task is to demonstrate that there is a cause and effect relationship between Trump being President and the economy being better than it otherwise would have been. Go for it.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Agreed, there are plenty of reasons to be abhorred of Trump, but to rail time and time again that Trump hasn't had a positive impact on the economy over and above that of his predecessor, in spite of clear mathematical evidence supporting that, is starting to be the new definition of insanity. JSO was a levelheaded poster years ago, but the years and the Trump presidency have not been good to him, unfortunately. :ohno:
You are incorrect. There is not mathematical evidence that Trump has had a positive impact on the economy. That is the point. If you care to debate that point by point submit your "clear mathematical evidence" and I will debunk it. It's not there.

Your task is to demonstrate that there is a cause and effect relationship between Trump being President and the economy being better than it otherwise would have been. Go for it.
There is mathematical evidence he has had a positive impact on the judiciary and SCOTUS

I’ll show my math... here it is:

0% liberal, non-originalist justices nominated in 3 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

There was a Dr. Phil rerun about OCD today. I commend it to your attention.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

So you’re taking the position that if Hildabeast had been elected we’d be in the exact same place, economically?

* Lowest unemployment since 1969
* Lowest black unemployment ever
* lowest Hispanic unemployment ever
* 27 stock market records in 2017 (largest one-year % increase since Roosevelt)
* First close over 27,000
* First close over 28,000
* Highest business confidence reading ever
* longest economic expansion ever
* Highest black business startup rate ever
* 15,000,000 people off food stamps
* Renegotiation of NAFTA
* Winning against China
* Tax reform for middle class
* Oh, and what CID said....THE JUDGES

Yeah, I’m gonna have to disagree with your assertion.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote:Why spend hours of your time digging up stuff on the Internet in a vain effort to convince maybe 20 guys on a political message board of the rightness of your cause? That’s what I just don’t get. He’d do better to get out on the hustings of Loozianna and preach it to the coon-ass masses.
What you don't get is that nobody comes here to change anybody's mind. Everybody here understands that arguing about stuff like gun control and election outcomes is an just academic exercise -this is a great place to vent. Nobody with a lick of sense believes that its possible to confiscate 300,000,000 guns even if you emptied every donut shop in the country and put the cops to work full time doing nothing but collecting guns. Likewise electronic voting - only here, like the Electoral College, to ensure that the establishment has the last word. :coffee:

Hell, I'm even coming around to the idea that another term of trump could be acceptable as long as he keeps making a laughingstock out of the Republicans and the FBI while he's at it.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

So you’re taking the position that if Hildabeast had been elected we’d be in the exact same place, economically?

* Renegotiation of NAFTA
* Winning against China

You used to blather on about how little effect the president has on markets during the Obama admin. All the good news was really bad news and tan suit birth certificate muslim Kenya Manchurian candidate.... :lol:
Last edited by houndawg on Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

Here you go John. Lots of math and charts.
https://youtu.be/OyvzJqF6ZW8

I'll look to see if I can find a video where the charts aren't off screen.

Shouldn't be too hard, as this was a daily briefing.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

JSO, we are 3 years into his presidency. If you can't understand that the election of a POTUS can move markets, based on what they may do for the country, then you really need to step away and do some reading.

I'm an idiot when it comes to economics, but I've taken enough econ, poli sci and history classes to understand that the PRESENCE of a leader can move financial markets.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

JSO, we are 3 years into his presidency. If you can't understand that the election of a POTUS can move markets, based on what they may do for the country, then you really need to step away and do some reading.

I'm an idiot when it comes to economics, but I've taken enough econ, poli sci and history classes to understand that the PRESENCE of a leader can move financial markets.
Hell, even polls showing who might win a Presidential election will bump the markets a little

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Official

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:JSO, we are 3 years into his presidency. If you can't understand that the election of a POTUS can move markets, based on what they may do for the country, then you really need to step away and do some reading.

Hell, even polls showing who might win a Presidential election will bump the markets a little

Exactly. Apparently JSO doesn't know that news of any sort can move markets one way or another.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Exactly. Apparently JSO doesn't know that news of any sort can move markets one way or another.
You fellas are crazy.

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/09/us-markets.html
U.S. stocks surged more than 1 percent Wednesday with financials and health care leading after Republican Donald Trump won the presidential election, defying market expectations for a Hillary Clinton win.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Exactly. Apparently JSO doesn't know that news of any sort can move markets one way or another.
You fellas are crazy.

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/09/us-markets.html
U.S. stocks surged more than 1 percent Wednesday with financials and health care leading after Republican Donald Trump won the presidential election, defying market expectations for a Hillary Clinton win.
Fake News
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

* Renegotiation of NAFTA
* Winning against China

You used to blather on about how little effect the president has on markets during the Obama admin. All the good news was really bad news and tan suit birth certificate muslim Kenya Manchurian candidate.... :lol:
I think you’re thinking of someone else? I have no idea what the tan suit comment even means....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
I think you’re thinking of someone else? I have no idea what the tan suit comment even means....
maybe - several people were at great pains to explain how little the President has to do with a good economy while Obama was in office. :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
maybe - several people were at great pains to explain how little the President has to do with a good economy while Obama was in office. :coffee:
What are you doing up so early? Didn’t the fescue is IL stop growing last month?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:
What are you doing up so early? Didn’t the fescue is IL stop growing last month?

He’s out winterizing his rusted-out ‘94 Ford Ranger.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:

The fescue may stop but I don't. I know no other way. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

He’s out winterizing his rusted-out ‘94 Ford Ranger.
'03 GMC, frat boy.

203,000 and runs like a top. :thumb:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

The fescue may stop but I don't. I know no other way. :coffee:
What do you do when there’s nothing to bush hog? Browse the bush hog catalogue and contemplate new bush hogs?

I just got home in NC yesterday and today I’m bushhogging around the airstrip on our farm with the bush hog on our ‘47 Case
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Oh so close.
It was.....great pains to explain how Obama prevented a good economy.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

CID1990 wrote: What do you do when there’s nothing to bush hog? Browse the bush hog catalogue and contemplate new bush hogs?

I just got home in NC yesterday and today I’m bushhogging around the airstrip on our farm with the bush hog on our ‘47 Case
*brush hog

:lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
CID1990 wrote: What do you do when there’s nothing to bush hog? Browse the bush hog catalogue and contemplate new bush hogs?

*brush hog

:lol:
You got that shit straight.... :nod:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: *brush hog