Political discussions
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Campus Happenings

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Pwns wrote:
Strangely enough, when you go back and search for news stories withing the last 5 years of high school students who have gotten accepted to all 8 Ivy League colleges they strangely all seem to be the children of immigrants from sub-Saharan Africa (black).
I don't know if you just suck at googling or what...

... but, I didn't even have to search the past 5 years.

Found one from this week. :?

Martin Altenburg, a 17-year-old from Fargo, North Dakota, achieved the impressive feat of gaining acceptance into every Ivy League college.

He also gained acceptance into Stanford University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the California Institute of Technology, and the University of Chicago.
http://www.businessinsider.com/admissio ... ols-2017-4
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Pwns wrote:
Strangely enough, when you go back and search for news stories withing the last 5 years of high school students who have gotten accepted to all 8 Ivy League colleges they strangely all seem to be the children of immigrants from sub-Saharan Africa (black).
I don't know if you just suck at googling or what...

... but, I didn't even have to search the past 5 years.

Found one from this week. :?

Martin Altenburg, a 17-year-old from Fargo, North Dakota, achieved the impressive feat of gaining acceptance into every Ivy League college.

He also gained acceptance into Stanford University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the California Institute of Technology, and the University of Chicago.
http://www.businessinsider.com/admissio ... ols-2017-4

Fake News... :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Pwns wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
That's ^ bullsh!t Pwns...
I got accepted to multiple Ivy league schools and I am clearly not a 160 IQ

:nod:
Was "diversity" all the rage when you got in?

Here's what I do know...
It was a lot easier to get into any Ivy when I applied
and you really had to be a total train wreck to not get accepted to your resident State College

Universities were not quite as in vogue as they are now
Kids were encouraged to become whatever...
electricians and plumbers and other things that they enjoyed

Now everybody is a business major for some mysterious reason

:geek:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASUG8 »

Chizzang wrote:
Pwns wrote:

Here's what I do know...
and you really had to be a total train wreck to not get accepted to your resident State College

College is the new high school.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Chizzang wrote:
Pwns wrote:

Here's what I do know...

When I applied to Harvard, the acceptance rate was about 16%. Now it's barely 5% -- and the education isn't as good. :twocents:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Ivytalk wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Here's what I do know...

When I applied to Harvard, the acceptance rate was about 16%. Now it's barely 5% -- and the education isn't as good. :twocents:
I used to get paid by Rand Corp (Santa Monica) to do "Research Projects" for them
about 10 hours a month got me $500 a quarter
That was real money back then..

:nod:

Sh!ts changed a lot
I'm glad I'm out
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Berkeley recruitment video: :rofl:
phpBB [video]
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

WKU SGA joins U Wis in calling for reparations in the form of free tuition for black students.
http://www.bgdailynews.com/news/sga-pas ... 0ef25.html
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASUG8 »

BDKJMU wrote:Berkeley recruitment video: :rofl:
phpBB [video]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Prosecutors on Monday charged a couple in connection with a shooting during a demonstration over the appearance of a right-wing speaker at the University of Washington in January. Lawyers for the two said they acted in self-defense.

Elizabeth Hokoana, 29, was charged with first-degree assault for shooting a 34-year-old protester in the abdomen. Her husband, Marc Hokoana, was charged with third-degree assault.

Joshua Dukes, 34, was critically injured in the Jan. 20 shooting and had several surgeries before he was released from a hospital.

The shooting happened outside the university auditorium appearance of Milo Yiannopoulos, a far-right commentator known for leading a hate campaign that resulted in a lifetime ban from Twitter.

In charging papers, King County prosecutors say "this shooting was not an impulsive act done in a moment of fear."

Instead, the two went to the campus event "with the intent to provoke altercations with protesters who they knew would also be at this controversial event," wrote Mary Barbosa, senior deputy prosecuting attorney.

Barbosa added that they "created a situation designed to allow Elizabeth Hokoana to shoot the victim in the middle of an extremely crowded event under the guise of defending herself or her husband."
https://apnews.com/cb7fce72e384446b96e91a89206e4be9
Marc had sent “I can’t wait for tomorrow, I’m going to the Milo event and if the snowflakes get out off (sic) hand I’m just going to wade through their ranks and start cracking skulls” in his Facebook messenger. The person he was talking with, Brandon Caley, responded, “god, you gonna carry?” Marc replied “Nah, I’m going full melee...Lily it’s...Is* (sic)” Caley then sent, “GET EM (sic) just don’t end up in jail.”

When the police later had a search warrant for the clothes Marc and Elizabeth wore the night of the shooting, they found a pepper spray “gun” in a jacket pocket.

A witness in the report, described only as D.T., was approached by Marc, who asked D.T. to stand in front of him so he could mace somebody. When D.T. refused, a female stood in front of Marc instead to spray people. D.T. states the Dukes intervened when he saw what was happening.

Another witness, S.F., was trying to pull Dukes and Marc apart when he thought he heard a firecracker. Then the victim was falling, and S.F. helped him to the ground, and said “there was no reason for the man to shoot the other individual.” Elizabeth can be seen in videos with her hand on her hip, where Antifa protesters previously stated there was a holster.
http://www.dailyuw.com/news/article_b24 ... 8fd50.html
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

"....Harrowing video footage taken by Southern’s crew showed Antifa street fighters throwing bricks and M-80 explosives into the crowd, as well as assaulting Trump supporters. Other footage released by someone present at the event showed one Antifa thug hit a Trump supporter over the head with a bicycle chain and lock.....

...."Not getting disarmed is a big part of the problem, yes, but we need more than flags and bats," wrote one in the r/anarchism subreddit community page.

"We need to take notes from the John Brown Gun Club and get firearms and training. I know getting firearms in states and cities we have a presence in is usually a hassle, but even handguns would help," the would-be revolutionary wrote....

..."It would certainly put a psychological element in while holding fash [fascists] back. Who do you think a fascist is more afraid of? People with only flags and bats, or people with flags, bats, and guns?" he wrote....."
http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/the- ... ump-riots/
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

"UC Berkeley riots: Violence looms as mayor questioned over ties to extremist group

......Charles “Sid” Heal, a retired commander from the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department who met with Berkeley police on Monday, said that authorities are preparing for the worst because extremist groups from across the spectrum are heading to Berkeley, and because the past three protests that devolved into violence were met by a “lackluster” response from local police.

“We’ve been told they’re going to come no matter whether Ann Coulter comes or not, and the next riot is not a standalone in isolation but a natural consequence of the lackluster approach of the past,” Heal said, adding that because protesters felt police didn’t protect them at the last riot many are pledging to defend themselves. “People are becoming vigilantes.”

Heal and others said there is deep discord between the Berkeley Police Department and the city government, led by Jesse Arreguin, the 32-year-old newly elected mayor facing his first major test in running a large city. Arreguin has been accused of supporting left-wing violence because he is a member of the Facebook group of By Any Means Necessary, or BAMN, a far left group that has incited violent protests across the country....

.....A city official told Fox News that she is receiving emails from concerned citizens fearing that police officers are not doing enough to protect them.

There have been at least three UC Berkeley free speech protests that have devolved into violence since February 1st – leading to 34 arrests, 39 injuries and property damage totaling at least $100,000......."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04 ... group.html
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

A man has been arrested after a machete attack on Transylvania University’s campus that sent one woman to University of Kentucky Chandler Hospital.

Mitchell W. Adkins, 19, of Cincinnati has been charged with first-degree assault, fourth-degree assault and three counts of wanton endangerment, according to police.

The attacker walked into a coffee shop inside the Glenn Building on Friday morning, asked people their political affiliation, then went on the attack, one witness said.

Adkins, thought to be a former Transylvania student, was armed with a machete and knives, Lexington Police Chief Mark Barnard said. The various weapons were in a bag, police said later. Adkins made verbal threats to students and staff in the building and struck two women, according to police.

One victim, a female student, was taken to a hospital with injuries that weren’t considered life-threatening, fire department Battalion Chief Joe Best said.

Later Friday morning, she was safe, “and her family is with her at UK Hospital,” Transylvania President Seamus Carey said.

Paramedics treated another female student on campus. She didn’t need to be taken to a hospital, Best said.

Adkins was taken to a hospital to be evaluated for “self-inflicted injuries,” according to police.

Tristan Reynolds, a student who was in the campus café where the attack occurred, said about 30 to 40 people were there at the time.

“A guy came in, banged something, a hatchet or an ax, on the table and said ‘the day of reckoning has come,’” Reynolds said. “He asked somebody what their political affiliation was, they said ‘Republican’ and the guy said ‘you are safe.’ And then I realized what was going on and started getting people out.”

“We started to scatter and then very, very quickly, campus security was getting everybody sheltered and secure,” Reynolds said. “They were very on it.”

Campus security officers subdued the assailant quickly, preventing further injury, Barnard said.
http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crim ... 44794.html
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Here's a rant he wrote:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/madkins19/disc ... .oeyPDdXOW
And your point is? :coffee:
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9233

Students demand resignation of professor who doesn't want a day without white people on campus. :lol:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Pwns wrote:http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9233

Students demand resignation of professor who doesn't want a day without white people on campus. :lol:
:ohno: :ohno: And yet, nobody on the left will stand up to those Crybullys and teach them how to protest and engage in positive, constructive discourse.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Evergreen State :rofl: :rofl:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Any companies that recruit at that college should cross check their applicants against the students in that video.

I sure as hell wouldnt hire anyone with that kind of behavior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:Any companies that recruit at that college should cross check their applicants against the students in that video.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't think there's a huge demand for a Masters in Multi-cultural Basket Weaving.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Any companies that recruit at that college should cross check their applicants against the students in that video.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't think there's a huge demand for a Masters in Multi-cultural Basket Weaving.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

CAA Flagship wrote:Evergreen State :rofl: :rofl:
Hey, Cleetus endowed a chair there. :tothehand:

Not a professorship, just the furniture.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ivytalk wrote:

Cleetus is not endowed, said kalm. :coffee:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Ivytalk wrote:

Evergreen State is a fine school...

:ohno: You're all assholes
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Chizzang wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Hey, Cleetus endowed a chair there. :tothehand:

Evergreen State is a fine school...

:ohno: You're all assholes
Yes.