CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: My mind is wondering about the accuracy of this statement. I've seen video evidence that would contradict it. :coffee:
That's some funny shit right there
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ivytalk wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:Former George W. Bush ethics lawyer will run for Al Franken's senate seat

CBS Link

A former Republican White House lawyer and prominent critic of President Donald Trump is running for former Sen. Al Franken's seat. And he's running as a Democrat.
Painter is a self-promoting blowhard. He was every Donk’s favorite Republican until his apparent party switch to run for that seat.

Speaking of self-promoting blowhards, what’s the “under” on when Kasich abandons the GOP to run as an independent? I don’t see him going full-blown Donk.
God damn is Painter's first ad awesome!!! :rofl:

phpBB [video]
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Did I miss it? Nobody commented on the hand grenade that Lewandowsky nonchalantly throws here and the outrage that ensues? It’s so awful that it’s brilliant and funny as all hell. Any time you can give a liberal the vapors by uttering two syllables, you sir have won. :lol:

phpBB [video]
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan wrote:Did I miss it? Nobody commented on the hand grenade that Lewandowsky nonchalantly throws here and the outrage that ensues? It’s so awful that it’s brilliant and funny as all hell. Any time you can give a liberal the vapors by uttering two syllables, you sir have won. :lol:

phpBB [video]
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Gil Dobie »

Kevin McHale committed political suicide last night, by attending the Trump appearance in Duluth. Oh, wait, he's not a politician. His wife is a big Trump fan, so liberals in Minnesota are melting down, because McHale, former NBA player and coach, attended with his wife. LMAO, at all these peeps. Even cries to take down McHale's banner at Williams Arena.

Link
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

CAA Flagship wrote:
93henfan wrote:Did I miss it? Nobody commented on the hand grenade that Lewandowsky nonchalantly throws here and the outrage that ensues? It’s so awful that it’s brilliant and funny as all hell. Any time you can give a liberal the vapors by uttering two syllables, you sir have won. :lol:

phpBB [video]
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
It is so fooking awesome when libtards get triggered.. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Attended a family reunion over the weekend. There was a discussion that the State of Wisconsin was looking into banning "Potluck" types of events in public parks. I assume it has something to do with food safety, or else the catering companies are a stronger lobby than I think they are. Anyway, it would be sad not being able to sample all this home cooking done by relatives.

I saw this in Fargo, where bars could no longer serve food, unless they had a kitchen. I really missed Fran's Hot Chili before football games, at Chub's Pub in Fargo. Guess, as they say, that's progress.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Gil Dobie wrote:Attended a family reunion over the weekend. There was a discussion that the State of Wisconsin was looking into banning "Potluck" types of events in public parks. I assume it has something to do with food safety, or else the catering companies are a stronger lobby than I think they are. Anyway, it would be sad not being able to sample all this home cooking done by relatives.

I saw this in Fargo, where bars could no longer serve food, unless they had a kitchen. I really missed Fran's Hot Chili before football games, at Chub's Pub in Fargo. Guess, as they say, that's progress.
Re: Potlucks in public parks - that's just stupid. I get the concern but that is saying you can't have a family picnic. That's just dumb.

Re: Food in bars - That's the law here. You have to have a kitchen to serve food. Bringing outside food is acceptable. We do it (we did it Friday night when we met some friends for drinks. We had a potluck.) Fortunately, a lot of the breweries either have a food truck show up or they have deals with nearby restaurants. There's a brewery in Houston, St. Arnold, that served food (mostly dips and pretzels) but also allowed outside food in. That's the way those types of places are going. It's turning the brewery into a true public house, IMO.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:Attended a family reunion over the weekend. There was a discussion that the State of Wisconsin was looking into banning "Potluck" types of events in public parks. I assume it has something to do with food safety, or else the catering companies are a stronger lobby than I think they are. Anyway, it would be sad not being able to sample all this home cooking done by relatives.

Re: Potlucks in public parks - that's just stupid. I get the concern but that is saying you can't have a family picnic. That's just dumb.

Re: Food in bars - That's the law here. You have to have a kitchen to serve food. Bringing outside food is acceptable. We do it (we did it Friday night when we met some friends for drinks. We had a potluck.) Fortunately, a lot of the breweries either have a food truck show up or they have deals with nearby restaurants. There's a brewery in Houston, St. Arnold, that served food (mostly dips and pretzels) but also allowed outside food in. That's the way those types of places are going. It's turning the brewery into a true public house, IMO.
Same in PA with the need for a kitchen if you're going to serve food. You see the same thing with microbrews opening up and then teaming up with a food truck to take care of the food side of it. I'm good with that - stick to what you're good at. The micro-brewer can do the alcohol and the food truck can do the eats. Works out fine.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

As long as they still let brewers serve popcorn or pretzels and ranch I am good.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Virginia rule:
For the mixed beverage licensee, current Virginia ABC regulations stipulate that a minimum 45 percent of the total gross sales must be from food and nonalcoholic beverages. Conversely, alcohol sales should comprise no more than 55 percent of these sales.

In addition, monthly sales of food prepared and consumed on your premises must be at least $4,000, of which no less than $2,000 shall be in the form of meals with substantial entrees.
“Businesses with only a wine and beer license do not have to comply with the 45 to 55 percent food-beverage ratio, but must meet the monthly minimum food sales requirement of at least $4,000, of which no less than $2,000 shall be in the form of meals with substantial entrees.”
https://www.abc.virginia.gov/licenses/r ... rage-ratio

https://www.styleweekly.com/richmond/op ... id=2286785
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Beer rationing begins after a carbon dioxide crisis hits Europe

A shortfall of CO2 in Europe comes at a time of excitement over the World Cup soccer tournament and amid peak season for summer barbecues.
On Tuesday, Tesco-owned food wholesaler Booker started to ration beer and cider supplies. The food retailer, which is used by bars, restaurants and traders, is restricting customers to 10 cases of beer and five of cider or soft drinks.
The drinks industry is not the only one to have been hampered by the crisis. CO2 is also an essential part of the production process for packaging meat.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/27/beer-ra ... urope.html
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

Sad?
Felling down?
Need a pick-me-up?

Watch this Antifa guy get knocked the fuck out

phpBB [video]
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

grizzaholic wrote:Sad?
Felling down?
Need a pick-me-up?

Watch this Antifa guy get knocked the **** out

phpBB [video]
That looks like an ASP baton he had too- and the guy waded right through a body strike and knocked his ass out
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Felling down?
Need a pick-me-up?

Watch this Antifa guy get knocked the fuck out

phpBB [video]
Beautiful.

Do you still get your check from Soros if you get ktfo?
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Seattle has major issues, but sleep safely tonight, you don’t have to worry about straws any more...
In one fell sip, Seattle on Sunday became the first major U.S. city to ban drinking straws, an environmentally friendly move that leaders hope will spark a nationwide conversation about small, everyday changes that people can make to protect the planet.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... edirect=on

Video has been found of the ASS (Anti Straw Squad) looking for the illegal drinking utensils

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote:
Felling down?
Need a pick-me-up?

phpBB [video]
Beautiful.

Do you still get your check from Soros if you get ktfo?
Awesome. :clap: :clap:
Prime example of media bias. The Oregonlive which was covering the protests described Patriot Prayer described as right wing. Antifa was described as anti fascists. Nothing about being left wing/far left.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Col Hogan wrote:Seattle has major issues, but sleep safely tonight, you don’t have to worry about straws any more...
In one fell sip, Seattle on Sunday became the first major U.S. city to ban drinking straws, an environmentally friendly move that leaders hope will spark a nationwide conversation about small, everyday changes that people can make to protect the planet.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... edirect=on

Video has been found of the ASS (Anti Straw Squad) looking for the illegal drinking utensils

Dammit. This is the last straw. :pissed:
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

This one is a week old, but i’ve Been in mourning since then, so please understand...

Up to 9,000 Barrels of fine Kentucky Bourbon May have been lost in the partial collapse of a rickhouse in Bardstown...
Emergency officials say a large section of a bourbon storage warehouse has collapsed at a distillery in Kentucky.

Nelson County Emergency Management spokesman Milt Spalding says about 9,000 barrels filled with aging bourbon were affected Friday at the Barton 1792 Distillery in Bardstown. It happened around 11 a.m.

Spalding says there were no injuries inside the structure, which was holding about 18,000 barrels.

He says there’s a large pile of barrels where the collapse occurred and officials are trying to determine if any whiskey spilled.

Spalding says about half of the structure is still standing. He also said, during a press conference, that there were no strong storms in the area during the collapse.
http://www.lex18.com/story/38486925/ric ... -bardstown

:shocking:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Col Hogan wrote:This one is a week old, but i’ve Been in mourning since then, so please understand...

Up to 9,000 Barrels of fine Kentucky Bourbon May have been lost in the partial collapse of a rickhouse in Bardstown...
Emergency officials say a large section of a bourbon storage warehouse has collapsed at a distillery in Kentucky.

Nelson County Emergency Management spokesman Milt Spalding says about 9,000 barrels filled with aging bourbon were affected Friday at the Barton 1792 Distillery in Bardstown. It happened around 11 a.m.

Spalding says there were no injuries inside the structure, which was holding about 18,000 barrels.

He says there’s a large pile of barrels where the collapse occurred and officials are trying to determine if any whiskey spilled.

Spalding says about half of the structure is still standing. He also said, during a press conference, that there were no strong storms in the area during the collapse.
http://www.lex18.com/story/38486925/ric ... -bardstown

:shocking:
Mr. Bandl,
I have just one simple question for you. Where were you on Friday around 11:00 a.m.?
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Liberals in 2009: Nutty conservatives think Obama is going to take their guns. They've completely lost it!

Liberals in 2018: Everyone read the Handmaid's Tale because that's the future of America!
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Felling down?
Need a pick-me-up?

phpBB [video]
Again, awesome.. :clap: :nod:
https://saboteur365.wordpress.com/2018/ ... e-charges/
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Walmart removes 'Impeach 45' clothing after boycott threats
https://www.yahoo.com/news/people-threa ... 11027.html
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote:Walmart removes 'Impeach 45' clothing after boycott threats
https://www.yahoo.com/news/people-threa ... 11027.html
Probably made in Red China anyway. :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.