Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Beat me to it.

Confirms again that geese are the assholes of the bird world...of course supplanting the Delaware Blue Hen. :poke:
All jokes aside, even a dying goose (they say “dead” in the article but I call bullshit) will pull stunts; enough to knock a man’s teeth out and send him to shock trauma unconscious. The terror is real. This was right on Delmarva. It’s not a joking matter:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/loc ... ern-shore/

And yeah, BDK, I previously posted this. Deal with it.
Reposting your own stuff isn't the same as repeating what someone else already posted..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Beat me to it.

Confirms again that geese are the assholes of the bird world...of course supplanting the Delaware Blue Hen. :poke:
All jokes aside, even a dying goose (they say “dead” in the article but I call bullshit) will pull stunts; enough to knock a man’s teeth out and send him to shock trauma unconscious. The terror is real. This was right on Delmarva. It’s not a joking matter:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/loc ... ern-shore/

And yeah, BDK, I previously posted this. Deal with it.
So what. Nothing to deal with. Reposting your own stuff isn't the same as repeating what someone else already posted..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

89Hen wrote:I could watch this all day. Reminds me of all the entitled people around here that think they are above everyone else because they are an assistant deputy to the regional manager...

phpBB [video]
And she's gone.

"...Tenafly Police released a video Tuesday revealing just why Turner abruptly resigned last week as a commissioner of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

The video and a police incident report, both made public after requests by NJ Advance Media and other news organizations, showed Turner apparently seeking to leverage her influence, talking about who she knew, and complaining that the police had "ruined" a holiday weekend with the stop of her daughter and three friends on rural Route 9W in Bergen County.

Turner, 60, a Democratic lobbyist who served as the ethics chair of the powerful bi-state agency, could not be reached for comment Tuesday and the phone number of her Washington public affairs office has been disconnected. No one came to her front door when a reporter knocked on Tuesday.

Tenafly Police Chief Robert Chamberlain said he would let the video speak for itself.

The Port Authority, asked for comment, also referred back to the video."
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2018/0 ... ps_to.html
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote:
89Hen wrote:I could watch this all day. Reminds me of all the entitled people around here that think they are above everyone else because they are an assistant deputy to the regional manager...

phpBB [video]
And she's gone.

"...Tenafly Police released a video Tuesday revealing just why Turner abruptly resigned last week as a commissioner of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

The video and a police incident report, both made public after requests by NJ Advance Media and other news organizations, showed Turner apparently seeking to leverage her influence, talking about who she knew, and complaining that the police had "ruined" a holiday weekend with the stop of her daughter and three friends on rural Route 9W in Bergen County.

Turner, 60, a Democratic lobbyist who served as the ethics chair of the powerful bi-state agency, could not be reached for comment Tuesday and the phone number of her Washington public affairs office has been disconnected. No one came to her front door when a reporter knocked on Tuesday.

Tenafly Police Chief Robert Chamberlain said he would let the video speak for itself.

:rofl:

What an asshole!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

BDKJMU wrote:

phpBB [video]
And she's gone.

Nice. It's beautiful to see a cunt like that put in her place. Those cops are heroes. :clap:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:
And she's gone.

:rofl:

What an asshole!
Did she say "I'm a friend of the Mayor" like cops give a sh!t about that..?

:lol:

Hi, you don't know me but I'm really important
and you might not be aware of this but it's okay if we break the law

Side note:
You'll want to be "aware" of the Mayors status with the Police Department prior to dropping his name
Because not every cop is a fan of every mayor...
Especially Mayors that reject Police overtime Pay raises

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:

phpBB [video]
And she's gone.

Those guys stayed out there talking to her about 10 minutes longer than I would have. Explain once that she can ask the driver, give her my name, invite her to pick up the names she dropped on the ground, get back in the cruiser, and leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:
And she's gone.

Those guys stayed out there talking to her about 10 minutes longer than I would have. Explain once that she can ask the driver, give her my name, invite her to pick up the names she dropped on the ground, get back in the cruiser, and leave.

Hey Mr. Police Officer (CID)
Were you a big fan of the Mayor in your district..?

:geek:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

I looked up the borough. has already gone viral. Typical headline is like MSNBC "Hillary Clinton fundraiser loses Port Authority post after video of her cursing out cops goes viral". Like the article stated in Bergen Co, NJ (northeastern NJ), on the Hudson River about 20 miles from NY. New Jersey Monthly magazine ranked Tenafly as the 7th best place to live in New Jersey in its 2013 rankings of the "Best Places To Live" in New Jersey. Like I expected a wealthy suburb (city-data.com said 2016 median household income about 153k). She came across as an entitled, wealthy suburban cunt.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Joe Riley was the mayor of Charleston for many years, and quite well thought of

In spite of checking all the boxes on most liberal agenda items, he was a staunch "right to work" guy - who put the screws to firemen and cops who whispered about contract, collective bargaining, etc

I didn't care much about that. If I wanted to be a contract employee I'd have gone to work somewhere else. Lots of people would drop his name on traffic stops, which was usually a one-way path to a ticket. I don't ever remember him interfering in police cases, to his credit. He had integrity at least in that venue

When people would tell me they were going to speak to the mayor, I could confidently tell them to make sure they spelled my name correctly (Erik) with a "K".
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Kanye West 2008: "George Bush doesn't care about black people."
Kanye West 2018: "Trump is my dawg, yall!"
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

:lol: Joe Riley was a lot of things. He raised taxes but he really brought in a lot of $$$ to revitalize Charleston. Charleston was scary when you got north of Calhoun St. Not any more. Mayor Riley and Police Chief Greenburg rebuilt Charleston.

Personally - Riley is a good guy. He was mayor for 40 years.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Joe Riley was the mayor of Charleston for many years, and quite well thought of

In spite of checking all the boxes on most liberal agenda items, he was a staunch "right to work" guy - who put the screws to firemen and cops who whispered about contract, collective bargaining, etc

I didn't care much about that. If I wanted to be a contract employee I'd have gone to work somewhere else. Lots of people would drop his name on traffic stops, which was usually a one-way path to a ticket. I don't ever remember him interfering in police cases, to his credit. He had integrity at least in that venue

When people would tell me they were going to speak to the mayor, I could confidently tell them to make sure they spelled my name correctly (Erik) with a "K".
When my grandfather died in 1997, both Riley and Greenburg came to the funeral, the burial site and the reception. They spent time with my grandmother. Riley gave a toast and shared an anecdote from the 1970s when my grandfather was still a CHS police officer. Many don't like him simply b/c he is a D - but he's an old school democrat. :thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:I looked up the borough. has already gone viral. Typical headline is like MSNBC "Hillary Clinton fundraiser loses Port Authority post after video of her cursing out cops goes viral". Like the article stated in Bergen Co, NJ (northeastern NJ), on the Hudson River about 20 miles from NY. New Jersey Monthly magazine ranked Tenafly as the 7th best place to live in New Jersey in its 2013 rankings of the "Best Places To Live" in New Jersey. Like I expected a wealthy suburb (city-data.com said 2016 median household income about 153k). She came across as an entitled, wealthy suburban cunt.
$153k is wealthy? Damn...i'm getting close. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

We're never going to see this, are we? :?
President Donald Trump extended the deadline for the public release of the John F. Kennedy assassination files to 2021 on Thursday, prolonging the infamously drawn-out disclosure around the shooting.

Trump's move came on the deadline he imposed last year for the full release of the files -- barring national security and privacy concerns -- after the 25-year-in-the-making deadline imposed by the John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act came to pass last October.

"I agree with the Archivist's recommendation that the continued withholdings are necessary to protect against identifiable harm to national security, law enforcement, or foreign affairs that is of such gravity that it outweighs the public interest in immediate disclosure," Trump said in a presidential memorandum on Thursday.
The memorandum accompanied a release of about 19,000 documents by the National Archives in compliance with the records law and Trump's order last year.

Many of the documents released Thursday contain redactions, and they join the massive trove of Kennedy assassination records that already have been made public.

Kennedy's 1963 assassination prompted a whirlwind of questions from the public and researchers, plenty of conspiracy theories and reflexive secrecy from the government.

In 1992, President George H.W. Bush signed the JFK Assassination Records Collection Act, requiring the release of all records relevant to the assassination by the year 2017.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/26/politics ... index.html
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:We're never going to see this, are we? :?
No collusion! :lol:
The National Archives released 19,045 documents Thursday. Those can be downloaded here, along with previously released records, such as secret 1978 testimony from a former CIA station chief in Mexico City, David Atlee Phillips, a Fort Worth native.

He called assassin Lee Harvey Oswald "loony" and insisted that as far as he could tell, Oswald had acted alone.

"God knows I would like for it to come out that Fidel Castro was responsible or that the Soviets were responsible," Phillips testified before the House Select Committee on Assassinations, under questioning by Rep. Floyd Fithian, an Indiana Democrat. "But I know of no evidence to show that the Cubans or the Soviets put him up to it, and I just have to go along on the side that he was a kind of loony fellow who decided to shoot the president, and he did."
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politic ... inal-batch
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

"Nothing good can come from making Trump nervous," Schneider continued. "It's like asking Bill Cosby to top off your drink."

http://beta.nydailynews.com/entertainme ... -1.3956596
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/conservat ... riters-say

Red State purges anti-Trump writers.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

BDKJMU wrote:

phpBB [video]
And she's gone.

I living in Utah am now a fan of the Tenafly PD., what a hag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Texas voter ID law back in place for midterm elections.
A Texas voter ID law considered one of the strictest in the country will stay in effect for the 2018 elections. The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans upheld the law in their ruling Friday. It's been twice blocked before, but will hold up for the midterm elections.
https://www.npr.org/2018/04/28/60673017 ... ourt-rules
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

So Shania Twain apologized for saying she would have voted for Trump if she could have. What gets me is her reasoning for saying she would have voted for him to begin with. Here it is from https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/ ... y-pop-star:
“I would have voted for him because, even though he was offensive, he seemed honest. Do you want straight or polite? Not that you shouldn’t be able to have both. If I were voting, I just don’t want bullshit.
WTF? Donald Trump is possibly the most dishonest person to ever be a serious contender for President. And with respect to bullshit: He is a total bullshit artist. A flim flam man.

I've seen that kind of though process before from people supporting Trump. He tells it like it is . Not. He's a straight shooter. Not. He's honest. NOT.

It just amazes me that people could be so willfully ignorant with respect to what Trump obviously is. If Twain doesn't want bullshit Trump is the LAST person she should ever want to vote for.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

JohnStOnge wrote:So Shania Twain apologized for saying she would have voted for Trump if she could have. What gets me is her reasoning for saying she would have voted for him to begin with. Here it is from https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/ ... y-pop-star:
“I would have voted for him because, even though he was offensive, he seemed honest. Do you want straight or polite? Not that you shouldn’t be able to have both. If I were voting, I just don’t want bullshit.
WTF? Donald Trump is possibly the most dishonest person to ever be a serious contender for President. And with respect to bullshit: He is a total bullshit artist. A flim flam man.

I've seen that kind of though process before from people supporting Trump. He tells it like it is . Not. He's a straight shooter. Not. He's honest. NOT.

It just amazes me that people could be so willfully ignorant with respect to what Trump obviously is. If Twain doesn't want bullshit Trump is the LAST person she should ever want to vote for.
JSO, is that all you ever think about? Get a life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk