Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Political discussions
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Pwns wrote:I would've preferred they all be able to keep their jobs. Who companies choose to fire is a reflection of outrage culture, and until it backfires on a critical mass of liberals it's not going to change.
Seems you're conflicted.

You don't want them fired. But, also believe until it backfires on a critical mass of liberals it's not going to change...?

So, what is the "backfiring"? Angsty rants on twitter or niche college football forums? Or.....? :suspicious:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:There's nothing remarkable about her, she's a typical vulgar SJW with a bullhorn

What IS interesting us the amount of 'splainin being done by NYT, Vox, and other outlets. It is a rare glimpse into the sequestered logic of the righteous left

what is also interesting is how a Korean - a demographic that averages higher than whites in just about every category you can think of - median income, education... how someone like that can be taken seriously at all when bashing an entire racial group. Yet another tell that the social justice movement isnt at all about justice... it is about retribution.

Vox "voxsplained" to all of us...... "cancelwhitepeople" is just how people talk in those circles... no big deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just read the voxsplaining article. Thats what you got from it? :lol:

Satire and context are dead and it aint just the SJW's holding the smoking gun as proven by the posts above. :ohno:

I've been gullible at times too but good **** god.... :rofl:

The PC right trying to outduel the feminists and SJW's...congrats! :clap:
Like I said-

I'm not offended by her

puzzled is more like it - if she was black she'd have more standing to bitch about white people

You and Jelly seem to revel in defending hypocrisy

that's also a "tell"

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:
I just read the voxsplaining article. Thats what you got from it? :lol:

Satire and context are dead and it aint just the SJW's holding the smoking gun as proven by the posts above. :ohno:

I've been gullible at times too but good **** god.... :rofl:

The PC right trying to outduel the feminists and SJW's...congrats! :clap:
Like I said-

I'm not offended by her

puzzled is more like it - if she was black she'd have more standing to bitch about white people

that's also a "tell"

And like I mentioned, the part you’re missing is where what she said and meant was clearly satire and clearly taken out of context.

That said, I can speak from experience regarding how many 1st gen Koreans (at least in Spokane) tend to be extremely racist and resistant to ‘murrican’ cultural assimilation. I have a close friend who’s parents would receive tips from the community when she was seen going out for drinks and socializing with us round eyes (in her mid to late 20’s). They even called me once to tell me ‘we know what you’re up to Mr. Kalm.’

But I still don’t jump to conclusions regarding skin color...or politics :coffee:

- thoughtful moderate.... :nod: :lol:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Like I said-

I'm not offended by her

that's also a "tell"

And like I mentioned, the part you’re missing is where what she said and meant was clearly satire and clearly taken out of context.

That said, I can speak from experience regarding how many 1st gen Koreans (at least in Spokane) tend to be extremely racist and resistant to ‘murrican’ cultural assimilation. I have a close friend who’s parents would receive tips from the community when she was seen going out for drinks and socializing with us round eyes (in her mid to late 20’s). They even called me once to tell me ‘we know what you’re up to Mr. Kalm.’

But I still don’t jump to conclusions regarding skin color...or politics :coffee:

Any judge or good lawyer will tell you that the word “clearly” is one of the least effective words you can use to make an argument — especially when you use it multiple times. Usually, the proposition at issue is far from “clear.” Such as the one that you’re attempting to establish.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote:
kalm wrote:

Any judge or good lawyer will tell you that the word “clearly” is one of the least effective words you can use to make an argument — especially when you use it multiple times. Usually, the proposition at issue is far from “clear.” Such as the one that you’re attempting to establish.
Obviously, good judges and lawyers are about as common as old dogs who chase cars and old golf pros who make a living off of 3 foot par putts. Obviously judges and lawyers generally lack a certain degree of common sense and reason, not to mention the skill of satire detection.

:coffee: :coffee:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Any judge or good lawyer will tell you that the word “clearly” is one of the least effective words you can use to make an argument — especially when you use it multiple times. Usually, the proposition at issue is far from “clear.” Such as the one that you’re attempting to establish.
Obviously, good judges and lawyers are about as common as old dogs who chase cars and old golf pros who make a living off of 3 foot par putts. Obviously judges and lawyers generally lack a certain degree of common sense and reason, not to mention the skill of satire detection.

Triggered! :lol:

Clearly...
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Like I said-

I'm not offended by her

that's also a "tell"

I don't know if you can be more racist than Koreans.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote:
kalm wrote:

Triggered! :lol:

Clearly...
indubitably
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote:
kalm wrote:

Unless you’re an old white dude from southern Illinois.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Triggered! :lol:

Clearly...
indubitably
Your quick response time is truly Trumpian! :mrgreen:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Like I said-

I'm not offended by her

that's also a "tell"

It sure is nice to have Vox to explain away these things

maybe next they'll have an article about how Confederate flags are OK... taken in the right context of course

As has been said before - this "satire" option is only available to a few people.. .

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Context doesn't matter anymore. Ask "Papa John" about that.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Minneapolis Mayoral candidate wants to have most police stop carrying guns...says batons and pepper spray should do the job...
State Representative and Minneapolis mayoral candidate Raymond Dehn is calling for major policing changes, proposing to take away guns from the majority of officers.

Dehn is one of several candidates running to beat current Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges in the fall.

He recently won the support of voters at the Democratic Farmer Labor convention and now his call to disarm police of their side guns is garnering major attention.

“I’m not saying they don’t have access to that, just like they have access to more lethal weapons in their cars, I would believe they would still have access to their guns in their cars,” said Dehn.
https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/07/3 ... cians-win/

I can see it now...bad guy with gun is asked to wait so officers can return to their cars to get their weapons...

:coffee:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:

maybe next they'll have an article about how Confederate flags are OK... taken in the right context of course

As has been said before - this "satire" option is only available to a few people.. .

“Ok”, satire, and context are one and the same?

I’m sure those confederate flag wavers were just being intentionally ironical.

:)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

You noticeably haven't replied to the Papa John comment.

I don't buy the satire or context angle from Vox any more than I buy pro-Russia stories from RT

It's ok klam - we all have our biases - your mileage obviously varies

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:

I don't buy the satire or context angle from Vox any more than I buy pro-Russia stories from RT

So you don’t buy the context angle from the Papa Johns dude?

You’ve just become my favorite SJW!

:lol: :clap:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote:
kalm wrote:

phpBB [video]
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Why isn’t every network anchor rushing to Chicago, when 63 people were shot, 10 of them dead, since Friday...

Mass shootings, and nary a peep on the national networks... :ohno: :ohno:

http://abc7chicago.com/10-killed-53-wou ... s/3892234/
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

So you don’t buy the context angle from the Papa Johns dude?

You’ve just become my favorite SJW!

:lol: :clap:
Maybe you should ask Twitter - apparently they just don't get sarcasm OR satire

they suspended that Owens gal for repeating the NYT chick's tweets but switching "white" to "black"

Papa John was sacked- FYI

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Who is the Owens gal?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Who is the Owens gal?
:roll:

You should get out of your little socialist bubble...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Col Hogan wrote:Why isn’t every network anchor rushing to Chicago, when 63 people were shot, 10 of them dead, since Friday...

Mass shootings, and nary a peep on the national networks... :ohno: :ohno:

http://abc7chicago.com/10-killed-53-wou ... s/3892234/
The link say 66 people shot, 12 fatally.. :coffee:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

You don't feign very well

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

This.

Evidently she’s someone that said something about someone else on Twitter.
Last edited by kalm on Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Evidently Twitter doesn't get satire