CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
I don’t like being cornered into an Obama apologist on this but you do remember who first coined the phrase “religion of peace”, right? You’re aware of who hosted the mujahadeen in the Oval Office and armed them to the teeth? Not to mention supporting both sides of the Iran-Iraq war.

Not to mention all the presidents who kissed the ass of the House of Saud. Obama seems hardly extraordinary in that regard. Kind of like his record on punishing Wall Street. :coffee:
Whoa there. That was genius. They weren't killing enough of each other until we got involved. And we made some $$$ in the process. What's not to like? :coffee:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:
I don’t like being cornered into an Obama apologist on this but you do remember who first coined the phrase “religion of peace”, right? You’re aware of who hosted the mujahadeen in the Oval Office and armed them to the teeth? Not to mention supporting both sides of the Iran-Iraq war.

Not to mention all the presidents who kissed the ass of the House of Saud. Obama seems hardly extraordinary in that regard. Kind of like his record on punishing Wall Street. :coffee:
Whoa there. That was genius. They weren't killing enough of each other until we got involved. And we made some $$$ in the process. What's not to like? :coffee:
:notworthy:

An Arab on Arab shooting drill is always a win for the world. And if you can get the Joos involved too? Oh hell yes!
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

93henfan wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Whoa there. That was genius. They weren't killing enough of each other until we got involved. And we made some $$$ in the process. What's not to like? :coffee:

An Arab on Arab shooting drill is always a win for the world. And if you can get the Joos involved too? Oh hell yes!
And then a few years later were spending 100’s of billions on Gulf War 1. How much have we spent since? Is Iran still around?
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

kalm wrote:
93henfan wrote:

And then a few years later were spending 100’s of billions on Gulf War 1. How much have we spent since? Is Iran still around?
Conservative estimates over a Trillion... some calculate it closer to 3 Trillion

:shock:

But that's no big deal because our National infrastructure is in tip top shape...
So we've got money to burn
Last edited by Chizzang on Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Great. I've got to rehash the differences between Obama and Bush/Clinton/Bush for you, klam

They all paid lip service to not demonizing islam but only Obama was completely lost in the woods as to the reality of the overall situation in that part of the world - he actually thought he could generate goodwill in the Muslim world with a couple of well crafted speeches. The other guys were just trying not to get branded as Islamophobes within their own electorate

Only a complete naif would have supported the Arab Spring/Muslim Brotherhood/Libyan insurgency

That isn't to deflect from Clinton's and Bush's mistakes (and one of them was YUGE) but the central themes to their foreign policies on the ME were not based completely in naivete and wishful thinking as were Obama's. And Obama literally had a direct example from his predecessor that he could have learned from but went down that road anyway.
Sure but at least he didn't invade Egypt, Libya, or Syria (although he did drop a **** ton of bombs on Syria).

Do you not think one of the goals of the neo-cons was to create a bulwark for the middle east in Iraq from which democracy would flow?
Did I not say Obama was not alone in screwing up in the Middle East?
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

What is it that teeth-gnashing liberals want in terms of Saudi Arabia? Sanctions that hurt ordinary Saudis and not their wealthy oligarchy? Or perhaps more Bush "cowboy diplomacy"?
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Pwns wrote:What is it that teeth-gnashing liberals want in terms of Saudi Arabia? Sanctions that hurt ordinary Saudis and not their wealthy oligarchy? Or perhaps more Bush "cowboy diplomacy"?
How about NOTHING...
because that's what's going to change

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

More non-existent voter fraud -

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/10/12/wom ... raud-ring/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Keep piling on that debt! Wooooo hoooooo!

http://reason.com/archives/2018/10/18/w ... so-screwed
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:Keep piling on that debt! Wooooo hoooooo!

I'm betting it'll be student loans that cause the next bubble. A borrower defaults every 28 seconds, approximately. The Gov't has sold all the borrowers up a river.

When everything goes tits up, if the gov't really wants to bail out someone..bail out the borrowers of the student loans, not the companies. Think of what all that freed up money would do for Gen Xers and the Millennials. That'll be worth more than any half-ass, bull shit "tax cut" any Republican could ever pass. The current generations that need to work to pay for the baby boomers SS are too big to fail. 8-)

You can go bankrupt and have your mortgage, medical, credit card debt all erased. But not student loans. :dunce:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:

I'm betting it'll be student loans that cause the next bubble. A borrower defaults every 28 seconds, approximately. The Gov't has sold all the borrowers up a river.

When everything goes tits up, if the gov't really wants to bail out someone..bail out the borrowers of the student loans, not the companies. Think of what all that freed up money would do for Gen Xers and the Millennials. That'll be worth more than any half-ass, bull **** "tax cut" any Republican could ever pass. The current generations that need to work to pay for the baby boomers SS are too big to fail. 8-)

You can go bankrupt and have your mortgage, medical, credit card debt all erased. But not student loans. :dunce:
I would agree with a bailout of both - in return for the government getting out of the student loan business altogether

The natural market correction would be that about 20% of the colleges in the US would shut down, and the ones that are left would shave off about 50% of their major offerings and almost all of their non-teaching factory. They’d be forced back to the basics and that’s a good thing
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

phpBB [video]
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I'm betting it'll be student loans that cause the next bubble. A borrower defaults every 28 seconds, approximately. The Gov't has sold all the borrowers up a river.

When everything goes tits up, if the gov't really wants to bail out someone..bail out the borrowers of the student loans, not the companies. Think of what all that freed up money would do for Gen Xers and the Millennials. That'll be worth more than any half-ass, bull **** "tax cut" any Republican could ever pass. The current generations that need to work to pay for the baby boomers SS are too big to fail. 8-)

I would agree with a bailout of both - in return for the government getting out of the student loan business altogether

The natural market correction would be that about 20% of the colleges in the US would shut down, and the ones that are left would shave off about 50% of their major offerings and almost all of their non-teaching factory. They’d be forced back to the basics and that’s a good thing
I agree 100%. The US Govt should either get out of the loan business or make it free for all. It's selfish for me, but I could do a lot of with we spend each month. I could stimulate my local economy.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CAA Flagship wrote:
phpBB [video]
R-E-S-P-I-C-T

:rofl: :rofl:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Saw another Reason piece with Analjelly-worthy graphs pointing to a 30-year, $100 trillion deficit comprising just three elements: Social Security, Medicaid, and interest payments. Woo-hoo indeed.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote:

Saw another Reason piece with Analjelly-worthy graphs pointing to a 30-year, $100 trillion deficit comprising just three elements: Social Security, Medicaid, and interest payments. Woo-hoo indeed.
let's just print the exact amount and then we'll be good..right? I've got a printer we can use... :coffee:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

I agree 100%. The US Govt should either get out of the loan business or make it free for all. It's selfish for me, but I could do a lot of with we spend each month. I could stimulate my local economy.
Yeah but you can afford to make your payments. And so can doctors and lawwers, and most people gainfully employed. So instead we will bail out the people that went to private colleges to major in social work or chose to attend for profit colleges for worthless degrees. And the govt will never get out of it because we have to help the poor people. :ohno: :ohno:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Start shutting down academic departments and for-profits with poor track records for job placement. Stop sending every bleeping high school student with a pulse to a four-year school. I would also be okay with federal funds for work study/internship/co-op programs for four-year colleges and also give out vouchers for people to learn to be welders and plumbers in technical schools as well.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Pwns wrote:Start shutting down academic departments and for-profits with poor track records for job placement. Stop sending every bleeping high school student with a pulse to a four-year school. I would also be okay with federal funds for work study/internship/co-op programs for four-year colleges and also give out vouchers for people to learn to be welders and plumbers in technical schools as well.
Some of hte biggest offenders of the for-profit schools are already failing. The Art Institute, for one, has been shutting down campuses. MrsCCU used to teach there and the stories she would tell are un-real.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ibanez wrote:
Pwns wrote:Start shutting down academic departments and for-profits with poor track records for job placement. Stop sending every bleeping high school student with a pulse to a four-year school. I would also be okay with federal funds for work study/internship/co-op programs for four-year colleges and also give out vouchers for people to learn to be welders and plumbers in technical schools as well.
Some of hte biggest offenders of the for-profit schools are already failing. The Art Institute, for one, has been shutting down campuses. MrsCCU used to teach there and the stories she would tell are un-real.
*campi
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

https://youtu.be/eiRGRvE_Wqg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

EU Court of Human Rights sez: “Calling Mohammed a pedo ain’t covered under your silly ideas of free speech”

https://hudoc.echr.coe.int/eng#{"documentcollectionid2":["GRANDCHAMBER","CHAMBER"],"itemid":["001-187188"]}
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I'm not seeing the real reason for the situation described in the article at http://www.kplctv.com/2018/10/25/heavy- ... -hospital/. I was aware of it because my nephew and his wife were in the hospital when it was locked down. The story is that the guy bought tampons for his wife and was embarrassed about it so he wrapped them in a towel. Someone thought he had a gun.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

CID1990 wrote:EU Court of Human Rights sez: “Calling Mohammed a pedo ain’t covered under your silly ideas of free speech”

https://hudoc.echr.coe.int/eng#{"documentcollectionid2":["GRANDCHAMBER","CHAMBER"],"itemid":["001-187188"]}
Europe is so screwed.

:ohno:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire