CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Colin Kaepernick

Post by CAA Flagship »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... nal-anthem
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."
:suspicious: :blink:
"This is not something that I am going to run by anybody," he said. "I am not looking for approval. I have to stand up for people that are oppressed. ... If they take football away, my endorsements from me, I know that I stood up for what is right."
Kaepernick said that he has thought about going public with his feelings for a while but that "I felt that I needed to understand the situation better."
Still need more time. :coffee:
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Re: Colin Kaepernick

Post by Col Hogan »

He proves that every American has the right to be wrong. :coffee:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

A lot reports that he converted to Islam during the offseason and is engaged to a BLM leader. Both probably helping with his stupidity. Plus now when he gets cut he can claim it's because of his religion and views.

If he's worried about how black people are treated maybe he should focus on deadbeat dads, like his own father.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
hitchinaride
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Western Carolina

Post by hitchinaride »

How soon before he renounces the white people who adopted him and gave him love trying to raise him?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Help! Help! I'm being oppressed!
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

CAA Flagship wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... nal-anthem
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."
:suspicious: :blink:
"This is not something that I am going to run by anybody," he said. "I am not looking for approval. I have to stand up for people that are oppressed. ... If they take football away, my endorsements from me, I know that I stood up for what is right."
Kaepernick said that he has thought about going public with his feelings for a while but that "I felt that I needed to understand the situation better."
Still need more time. :coffee:
From a guy who has an (I'm assuming) multi year, 8 figure contract.. :ohno:

I heard a handful of other athletes cited, all black, mostly in the NBA.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

every minute of any persons life spent focused on this is a minute wasted
The OP owes me 1 minute and 15 seconds

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:every minute of any persons life spent focused on this is a minute wasted

you owe me 5 seconds for the time I spent reading your post and typing this
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Bisonfanatical
Level1
Level1

Post by Bisonfanatical »

Maybe he should put on one of those darling burka-swim suits those hot bodied muslim chicks wear to the beach .... THAT would make A BIG social statement

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

While I don't agree with him I do find it funny how people often say we live in a country where we have the right to not stand up during the national anthem or whatever because of people fighting/dying for that right. Yet when someone does it they are booed and hissed for exercising that right.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:every minute of any persons life spent focused on this is a minute wasted

you owe me 5 seconds for the time I spent reading your post and typing this
You type fast.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Vidav wrote:While I don't agree with him I do find it funny how people often say we live in a country where we have the right to not stand up during the national anthem or whatever because of people fighting/dying for that right. Yet when someone does it they are booed and hissed for exercising that right.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

hitchinaride wrote:How soon before he renounces the white people who adopted him and gave him love trying to raise him?
Exactly this. Fuck Kaepernick. I hope he gets Theisman'ed this year. Play him Chip.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Vidav wrote:While I don't agree with him I do find it funny how people often say we live in a country where we have the right to not stand up during the national anthem or whatever because of people fighting/dying for that right. Yet when someone does it they are booed and hissed for exercising that right.
Of course he has the right to not stand.
WTAG has the right to throw up in a bar. That usually isn't a fan favorite either.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Kaepernick and black lives matter should spend a few weeks in Zimbabwe or Somalia and find out what real oppression is.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AshevilleApp wrote:
:nod: :nod:
D1A
I am a fan of: Holy Cross

Post by D1A »

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

It's just sad to think that Black people are, on balance, being oppressed in this country. Thinking so is ridiculous because this culture is so obviously devoted to improving the positions of Black people. It's not debatable. An awful lot of effort is devoted to trying to improve the lot of a group that makes up about 13% of the population.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge wrote:It's just sad to think that Black people are, on balance, being oppressed in this country. Thinking so is ridiculous because this culture is so obviously devoted to improving the positions of Black people. It's not debatable. An awful lot of effort is devoted to trying to improve the lot of a group that makes up about 13% of the population.
Your people will do whatever it takes to get their vote. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:It's just sad to think that Black people are, on balance, being oppressed in this country. Thinking so is ridiculous because this culture is so obviously devoted to improving the positions of Black people. It's not debatable. An awful lot of effort is devoted to trying to improve the lot of a group that makes up about 13% of the population.
Your people will do whatever it takes to get their vote. :coffee:
:notworthy:
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

AshevilleApp wrote:
Why do you find it funny that people call him out for being ignorant and stupid? :suspicious:

He can sit all he wants...and people can call him an azzhole for doing so.

No one is saying he should be killed or denied his right to express himself. They are saying that people can desire to hold him accountable for his opinions.

If someone refuses to serve a Black person, or says something incredibly stupid about Black people...that person is held accountable for their actions. This is no different.

Clown boy has the right to be an ignorant azz and express himself. That is all good. But, people have a right to say, "Fvck you, you lazy, ignorant piece of narrow-minded, racist shIt...I won't pay to see you play and I will boycott any of your sponsors." :nod:

I really don't understand your point. People have a right to express themselves...but others have a right to respond to that ignorant crap. :nod:

You act as though people have a right to say anything they want without others having the right, and freedom, to react. That is ridiculous, naive, and, frankly, stooooopid. :nod:
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

Cluck U wrote:
AshevilleApp wrote:
Why do you find it funny that people call him out for being ignorant and stupid? :suspicious:

No one is saying he should be killed or denied his right to express himself. They are saying that people can desire to hold him accountable for his opinions.

If someone refuses to serve a Black person, or says something incredibly stupid about Black people...that person is held accountable for their actions. This is no different.

Clown boy has the right to be an ignorant azz and express himself. That is all good. But, people have a right to say, "Fvck you, you lazy, ignorant piece of narrow-minded, racist shIt...I won't pay to see you play and I will boycott any of your sponsors." :nod:

I really don't understand your point. People have a right to express themselves...but others have a right to respond to that ignorant crap. :nod:

You act as though people have a right to say anything they want without others having the right, and freedom, to react. That is ridiculous, naive, and, frankly, stooooopid. :nod:
I am talking about the people that are hoping he gets injured and that sort of thing.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Yeah. They're booing him and hissing him because they don't agree with him. See how that works? It's not that complicated...they're letting him know they don't agree with him in the only way they have available to them.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Vidav wrote:
Cluck U wrote:

I am talking about the people that are hoping he gets injured and that sort of thing.
What's wrong with that? I hope that POS motherfucker doesn't make another dime (yes, I know his contract is guaranteed this year), and ends up a broke-ass dumbass and nobody will touch him with a 10-foot pole.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

I like how people get mad at CK and want him hurt, broke or dead over a political stance.

Yet they will vote for a lying murderer who put NATIONAL SECURITY at risk and has sold out the country they want her to lead. I love this stuff

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe