Colin Kaepernick

Political discussions
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Colin Kaepernick

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: I actually do disagree with the premise that black people are being killed wholesale by police in this country purely as a function of their identity, but that's another thread, and I have more important things to do with my time than trying to change angry minds
:nod: :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
add to that ^ the number of active military and retired military
that think that silently kneeling is NOT being unpatriotic

Including my father who would argue that draft dodging and skirting service
on top of claiming to be smarter than all of our commanding officers and Generals
is considerably LESS patriotic than kneeling in silence

:coffee:
And include me in that group. Kneel away, I don’t give two shits.

Just don’t block the fucking freeway I’m trying to get to work on. cocksuckers.
Wait. Wut? :lol: :lol:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Chizzang wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Whoever he was protesting against.
I wouldn't ask musicians what they think of the new NFL helmet rule.
Would you ask the musicians union..?
Yes. I would. But not the musicians. Too much drug use by musicians.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
And include me in that group. Kneel away, I don’t give two shits.

Just don’t block the fucking freeway I’m trying to get to work on. cocksuckers.
Wait. Wut? :lol: :lol:
I don’t care how someone “protests”. But burning shit, tearing shit down, rioting, or blocking freeways is bullshit. That’s what I’m saying.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:

I listened to it but she does the usual deliberate misconstruing. The players have been crystal clear about why they are taking a knee and it doesn't have anything to do with disrespecting the flag and has everything to do with blacks getting shot in the back. Sorry you're so blinded by partisanship that the message went way over your head.

Fact: the only time the flag gets disrespected at an NFL game is at halftime when they carry a giant flag horizontally - in direct violation of the Flag Code.
You’re right about the flag being routinely displayed improperly at football games, and the specific example you give isn’t the only one

But on your other point - it doesn’t matter

Kap and others have said why and what they are protesting and that’s fine- I see no reason to dispute what they are saying

But a protest like this is BY DESIGN controversial... if he was refusing to obey an NFL rule as his choice of protest then fewer people would be outraged. Or if he was wearing a black armband..

You can choose to protest in any way you want but you don’t get to choose how it is interpreted. And as sanctimonious as Kap’s defenders are about how he is being interpreted, let’s not forget who is complaining about personal public displays the most these days. like judicial aides flashing white power signs in confirmation hearings.... there’s a sh1t ton of manufactured outrage over stuff that would best be ignored and nobody is innocent

When I stand for the anthem the first thing that comes to my mind is not the military or the flag itself... but that’s my own personal belief. There are many people who do view rendering honors during the anthem as a tribute to our fallen, which is their prerogative, and viewing Kap’s protest as an affront to that is no less legitimate than the protest itself, particularly since we have all given ourselves a pass when it comes to being hair pulling drama queens
I sympathize with those who feel that way but I don't think that they're a very large fraction of the anti-CK crowd, I doubt most of them even bother to set down their beer when the anthem is played - now I'd like to see them do like they urged CK to do and put their money where their mouth is, maybe fund some scholarships for the children of cops that died in the line of duty, maybe pay ahead school lunches for kids that can't afford them, local pet rescue, something....btw, I saw online, so it must be true, that veterans can now render a military salute during the anthem - makes a nice counterpoint when you're wearing a tie dye
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
so youre one of the 50,000
:lol:

I would describe my dissatisfaction with "Black America" as more ambient than avid
It's a long conversation that can be summed up in a few words

Question:
If blacks aren't succeeding in America because of all the disadvantages
Where are they succeeding in this world..?

Answer:
Nowhere...

So there's a planet wide (global) conspiracy against black folks..?
They got the message about being uppity loud and clear in Tulsa back in '21... :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Actually I have ^ no idea...
But I agree with Kaepernick's right to kneel in protest of whatever he wants
Protesting is about as American as it gets - even protesting irrelevant or bad information

:geek:
I think you do have an idea. We all have watched the culture wars. The "side" represented by those "against" the NFL players has been consistently losing. There's no reason to think that things will change.

I'm not talking about elections, BTW. I'm talking about the culture.
"..one generation got old, one generation got soul..." Grace Slick
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
I didn't pick it... It was given to me (Imagine that today)

But it had a profound effect on me as I studied my defense
because I slowly realized that I'd lose if I tried to "defend" the position
So I decided to attack my opponents position

Leading with:
Please identify all the countries where black people are culturally integrating and succeeding
or flourishing under their own formal government rule

:geek:

It's quite a conundrum once you lay it out there...
Wakanda
:lol:

The nearest incorporated area to our place is the village of Makanda..
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
You’re right about the flag being routinely displayed improperly at football games, and the specific example you give isn’t the only one

But on your other point - it doesn’t matter

Kap and others have said why and what they are protesting and that’s fine- I see no reason to dispute what they are saying

But a protest like this is BY DESIGN controversial... if he was refusing to obey an NFL rule as his choice of protest then fewer people would be outraged. Or if he was wearing a black armband..

You can choose to protest in any way you want but you don’t get to choose how it is interpreted. And as sanctimonious as Kap’s defenders are about how he is being interpreted, let’s not forget who is complaining about personal public displays the most these days. like judicial aides flashing white power signs in confirmation hearings.... there’s a sh1t ton of manufactured outrage over stuff that would best be ignored and nobody is innocent

When I stand for the anthem the first thing that comes to my mind is not the military or the flag itself... but that’s my own personal belief. There are many people who do view rendering honors during the anthem as a tribute to our fallen, which is their prerogative, and viewing Kap’s protest as an affront to that is no less legitimate than the protest itself, particularly since we have all given ourselves a pass when it comes to being hair pulling drama queens
I sympathize with those who feel that way but I don't think that they're a very large fraction of the anti-CK crowd, I doubt most of them even bother to set down their beer when the anthem is played - now I'd like to see them do like they urged CK to do and put their money where their mouth is, maybe fund some scholarships for the children of cops that died in the line of duty, maybe pay ahead school lunches for kids that can't afford them, local pet rescue, something....btw, I saw online, so it must be true, that veterans can now render a military salute during the anthem - makes a nice counterpoint when you're wearing a tie dye
You know what?

I'll bet everybody who gives a fvxk one way or the other couldn't fill Johnson Hagood Stadium

One day, internet archaeology will be a thing (if we arent back to fighting with sharpened sticks) and somebody will figure out that it was literally just 100,000 people who were shaping every narrative in the world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

AZGrizFan wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Wait. Wut? :lol: :lol:
I don’t care how someone “protests”. But burning shit, tearing shit down, rioting, or blocking freeways is bullshit. That’s what I’m saying.
I think what you were trying to say is that you are trying to get to work on TIME. Instead, you said you were trying to get to work on cocksuckers. :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I think what you were trying to say is that you are trying to get to work on TIME. Instead, you said you were trying to get to work on cocksuckers. :lol:
There was a period in there. Punctuation is important. :tothehand:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: I think what you were trying to say is that you are trying to get to work on TIME. Instead, you said you were trying to get to work on cocksuckers. :lol:
There was a period in there. Punctuation is important. :tothehand:
:shock:

I should say so....
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Kaepernick signed by the Seahawks?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:Just an FYI for CID and BDKJMU

I'm not confused about the consequences of protesting
at work or downtown or otherwise - all actions have reactions and consequences

But the fact still stands
There's nothing more American than protesting
whenever and wherever you think it will have the most effective response

Kaepernick guessed correctly
He's unemployed because of it but he's also made the most impact
Even if the impact is everybody thinks he's an idiot (See: Trump for impact results)

Next:
measuring the accuracy and credibility of his stance is not relevant
which seems to confuse most Conservatives
if everybody thought there was merit in his claim there would be no need to protest

See how that works BDKJMU
I know you don't
but give it another moment and read it slowly
I dont know why that's an FYI for me

I could care less about Kap's protest - it doesn't offend me any more than the other 50,000 people in the stadium who pay no attention to the anthem (in a variety of ways)

and I don't think Americans owe vets or cops or anybody else any more respect than they do the average dude

But I do think the reaction to Kap's NFL troubles is not something his defenders should be whining about - he got exactly what he was fishing for

I actually do disagree with the premise that black people are being killed wholesale by police in this country purely as a function of their identity, but that's another thread, and I have more important things to do with my time than trying to change angry minds

I disagree with the "wholesale" part. Too many videos out there to disagree with the rest.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
I disagree with the "wholesale" part. Too many videos out there to disagree with the rest.
Hows come the brothas don't video themselves shooting each OTHER? :coffee: :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
I dont know why that's an FYI for me

I could care less about Kap's protest - it doesn't offend me any more than the other 50,000 people in the stadium who pay no attention to the anthem (in a variety of ways)

and I don't think Americans owe vets or cops or anybody else any more respect than they do the average dude

But I do think the reaction to Kap's NFL troubles is not something his defenders should be whining about - he got exactly what he was fishing for

I actually do disagree with the premise that black people are being killed wholesale by police in this country purely as a function of their identity, but that's another thread, and I have more important things to do with my time than trying to change angry minds

Well there we have it

There’s videos, folks... lots of videos

Therefore, Black Pogrom
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Hows come the brothas don't video themselves shooting each OTHER? :coffee: :coffee:
Good question. Why don't you start a thread on the subject.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Well there we have it

There’s videos, folks... lots of videos

Therefore, Black Pogrom

:roll:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Oh good lord

Pretty much anything in the US can be construed as having a link to slavery

I’m starting to think Kap just doesn’t like people
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

So Nike signed Kaepernick to a marketing contract last year and he causes a negative stir for the company.

Hey Nike, be careful with who you go to bed with. You too, Seahawks. :ohno: :ohno:

BTW, who would buy Betsy Ross flag sneakers? :?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: Colin Kaepernick

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:
Oh good lord

I believe the concern is that some white supremacist groups use the flag as a symbol. Marketed properly, this could have been an opportunity to help take the flag back from groups that have co-opted it. How would those groups react if Kap endorsed the sneaker?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

CAA Flagship wrote:So Nike signed Kaepernick to a marketing contract last year and he causes a negative stir for the company.

Hey Nike, be careful with who you go to bed with. You too, Seahawks. :ohno: :ohno:

BTW, who would buy Betsy Ross flag sneakers? :?

Stock prices and sales worldwide are up since then...
:thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Good question. Why don't you start a thread on the subject.
I’d rather you just answer it here.... :coffee:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Re: RE: Re: Colin Kaepernick

Post by dbackjon »

UNI88 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Oh good lord

I believe the concern is that some white supremacist groups use the flag as a symbol. Marketed properly, this could have been an opportunity to help take the flag back from groups that have co-opted it. How would those groups react if Kap endorsed the sneaker?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Yup

:thumb: