Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Colin Kaepernick

Post by BDKJMU »

100+ gather for burning of Patriots jerseys..
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/09/28/p ... s-illegal/
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

BDKJMU wrote:100+ gather for burning of Patriots jerseys..
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/09/28/p ... s-illegal/
Violent protests. :ohno:
Bisonfanatical
Level1
Level1

Re: RE: Re: Colin Kaepernick

Post by Bisonfanatical »

GannonFan wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Free to protest. Not freedom from consequences. NFL will come down hard on players if viewership and attendance continue to plummet. People have a hard time relating to a bunch of millionaires protesting mistreatment. Even if it is peacefully done.
The NFL is in a no-win spot here. How can they "come down hard" on the players? Everything labor related has to be by the collective bargaining agreement and I'm not sure there's anything in that that would allow the owners or the NFL to do anything to the players. And really, if they piss the players off too much they risk work stoppages and strikes and that's never good for business. And on the flip side, if this continues for a long period of time, they will continue to alienate the large segment of fans that don't agree with the method of protest (and I'm sure there are a smaller number, but larger than it should be, who don't agree what their protesting). So the NFL can't really do anything but try to keep their employees happy, hope this blows over soon, and hope that the bottom line isn't too impacted by the drops in attendance and viewership. Not an easy spot.
I think the"win" for the NFL would be to keep teams in the locker room for every game from now on until the national anthem is over.
The can lock arms in unity or what ever else they want, and no one will care.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
:shock:

You OK, buddy?
I'm fine, buddy. How are you doing?
I'm fine. What did you do with 'Z?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: You should tell 89.

Btw blindly worshipping the flag, which is what some people apparently want, is not a sign of a healthy democracy.
Wrong. People just don't want going out of the way to show disrespect.

You can at the same time not blindly worship something, and at the same time not go out of the way to show disrespect. Not a hard concept to grasp.
I dunno, that's a somewhat nuanced position for the fat slobs at home eating nachos during the national anthem to grasp I suspect
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

houndawg wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Wrong. People just don't want going out of the way to show disrespect.

You can at the same time not blindly worship something, and at the same time not go out of the way to show disrespect. Not a hard concept to grasp.
I dunno, that's a somewhat nuanced position for the fat slobs at home eating nachos during the national anthem to grasp I suspect
BS. I get it. :mrgreen:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Bisonfanatical wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
The NFL is in a no-win spot here. How can they "come down hard" on the players? Everything labor related has to be by the collective bargaining agreement and I'm not sure there's anything in that that would allow the owners or the NFL to do anything to the players. And really, if they piss the players off too much they risk work stoppages and strikes and that's never good for business. And on the flip side, if this continues for a long period of time, they will continue to alienate the large segment of fans that don't agree with the method of protest (and I'm sure there are a smaller number, but larger than it should be, who don't agree what their protesting). So the NFL can't really do anything but try to keep their employees happy, hope this blows over soon, and hope that the bottom line isn't too impacted by the drops in attendance and viewership. Not an easy spot.
I think the"win" for the NFL would be to keep teams in the locker room for every game from now on until the national anthem is over.

Yeah

Let's keep the children indoors since they don't know how to act

That'll play well with the anti-paternalism mccheneyburton Hitlertrumpers

The NFL is in a no-win situation here

Let's just sit back and watch the slow motion train wreck as it happens - and realize that this isn't a one-off. It is going to happen to organizations across the board over the coming years

The only casualty will be humor and fun
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:
Bisonfanatical wrote:I think the"win" for the NFL would be to keep teams in the locker room for every game from now on until the national anthem is over.

Yeah

Let's keep the children indoors since they don't know how to act

That'll play well with the anti-paternalism mccheneyburton Hitlertrumpers

The NFL is in a no-win situation here

Let's just sit back and watch the slow motion train wreck as it happens - and realize that this isn't a one-off. It is going to happen to organizations across the board over the coming years

The only casualty will be humor and fun
I enjoy that both sides are getting their point across - to whatever extent they actually have one
The players are getting press as assholes
and the fans are angry at something that should make Americans proud

I'm also enjoying the increase in protesting in general in America
You know... Just because, why not be vaguely angry at ____________ (pick a thing)

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

There are only two things I need to know about Colin Kapernick that formulate my opinion of him

And neither of them have to do with his protest -

Of his "charitable" donations, several thousands of dollars went to Assata’s Daughters - which is a Chicago organization named for convicted murderer Joanne Chesimard - otherwise known as Assata Shakur. Basically the left's version of a klukker klub

And then there's this:

dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Col Hogan wrote:He proves that every American has the right to be wrong. :coffee:
Wrong about what???
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:There are only two things I need to know about Colin Kapernick that formulate my opinion of him

Of his "charitable" donations, several thousands of dollars went to Assata’s Daughters - which is a Chicago organization named for convicted murderer Joanne Chesimard - otherwise known as Assata Shakur. Basically the left's version of a klukker klub

And then there's this:

Kaepernick is a diversion. The subject is cops shooting blacks.

Whats is plain as day here is that the establishment will do anything they can to avoid talking about why the players are taking knee. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CAA Flagship wrote:
89Hen wrote: That's not a compromise.
SHHHHH.
That was a dig on houndy and the lefties who never venture away from the wall on the left side of the room.
Somebody read rikki tikki tavi....I already used that one years ago here, go find your own shit.. :mrgreen:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CAA Flagship wrote:
houndawg wrote:
BS. I get it. :mrgreen:
The exception that proves the rule.. :mrgreen:
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

I welcome changing the conversation to young black men being killed by police and not whether or not it's disrespectful to kneel for the national anthem. Black Lives Matter's narrative of "systemic racism" simply isn't supported by hard data and facts, so I agree with the liberals that we should be talking about what the protests are about.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote:I welcome changing the conversation to young black men being killed by police and not whether or not it's disrespectful to kneel for the national anthem. Black Lives Matter's narrative of "systemic racism" simply isn't supported by hard data and facts, so I agree with the liberals that we should be talking about what the protests are about.
Link to the hard data and facts?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Pwns wrote:I welcome changing the conversation to young black men being killed by police and not whether or not it's disrespectful to kneel for the national anthem. Black Lives Matter's narrative of "systemic racism" simply isn't supported by hard data and facts, so I agree with the liberals that we should be talking about what the protests are about.
Let the facts fall where they may. :thumb:

This would be the right time to produce your films of cops shooting whites in the back. :nod:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote:
Yes, please. If institutional racism is so prevalent and wide spread, you shouldn't have any problem finding plenty. :nod:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote:
kalm wrote:
Yes, please. If institutional racism is so prevalent and wide spread, you shouldn't have any problem finding plenty. :nod:
I'm open minded about the subject and I'm genuinely curious as Pwns tends to back his shit up. I'll let him follow up his assertion.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

kalm wrote:
Baldy wrote: Yes, please. If institutional racism is so prevalent and wide spread, you shouldn't have any problem finding plenty. :nod:
I'm open minded about the subject and I'm genuinely curious as Pwns tends to back his shit up. I'll let him follow up his assertion.
Pwns wrote: No, it is not valid. There are absolutely police killings that should not happen and I'm fine with talking about changing the rules about when deadly force can be used with officers. But the idea that there's any "systemic racism" involved here is pure BS.

Harvard Study: No Racial Bias in Police Shooting
Whtie cops not more likely to shoot black suspects

I will say that I do have a little bit more sympathy with the demonstrations this past week. Trump should've kept his damn mouth shut, and asking the NFL to fire people who kneel is just stupid.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:There are only two things I need to know about Colin Kapernick that formulate my opinion of him

And then there's this:

Whats is plain as day here is that the establishment will do anything they can to avoid talking about why the players are taking knee. :coffee:
And its epidemic I tell you!

The cops are just out to shoot black people!

hell there wont be any black people left if this keeps up

:dunce:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

kalm wrote:
No no no....this is how it works:

If someone says something is not supported by hard data and facts and you want to refute that YOU have to find hard data and facts to refute it.

See?

It's like if I say, "There is no tooth fairy." You can't expect me to prove a negative. If you want to show that I'm wrong and that there IS a tooth fairy you need to show there is a tooth fairy. Then if you do you've shown I'm wrong.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
mrklean
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern Uni.

Post by mrklean »

JohnStOnge wrote:
kalm wrote:
No no no....this is how it works:

If someone says something is not supported by hard data and facts and you want to refute that YOU have to find hard data and facts to refute it.

See?

It's like if I say, "There is no tooth fairy." You can't expect me to prove a negative. If you want to show that I'm wrong and that there IS a tooth fairy you need to show there is a tooth fairy. Then if you do you've shown I'm wrong.
I want to see the data.

What I do know. Black and White people commit the same crime in the same area. The Black person get 1/3 greater prison time. We have plenty of data of this. The white boy in Stanford who raped a girl behind a dumpster and he gets no jail time.....LOL. Data on that. OR the white female police officer who killed the black man because she was afraid of a "Big Black Man"....and the bitch got off. But you want to talk about hard data.
ImageImage
FROM DA DURTY SOUTH!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote:
kalm wrote:
Pwns wrote: No, it is not valid. There are absolutely police killings that should not happen and I'm fine with talking about changing the rules about when deadly force can be used with officers. But the idea that there's any "systemic racism" involved here is pure BS.

Harvard Study: No Racial Bias in Police Shooting
Whtie cops not more likely to shoot black suspects

I will say that I do have a little bit more sympathy with the demonstrations this past week. Trump should've kept his damn mouth shut, and asking the NFL to fire people who kneel is just stupid.
Thanks for delivering, Pwns. Strong evidence. I don't think it fully supports your idea that there isn't "any systemic racism", but the results are none the less surprising.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:

Now now honey, lets try to keep calm....epidemic is your word.

I'd just say that I very much doubt that the several executions caught on film are the only ones happening.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Now now honey, lets try to keep calm....epidemic is your word.

I'd just say that I very much doubt that the several executions caught on film are the only ones happening.
I guess those big bad police are just hiding the bodies on the ones not caught on film there, Spandos

Black people encounter the police every day, all over the country- at a rate much higher than any other group (after all, minorities consume 70% of police services) and somehow walk away unkilled

It's a mystery I tell you