Election 2016: Trump vs Clinton

Political discussions
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: Election 2016: Trump vs Clinton

Post by Baldy »

CID1990 wrote:The real story here is why the hell was she flying coach on JetBlue and why did she have her kids with her?

Any moron should know that liberals are intolerant and strident in their belief that they have some kind of duty to be confrontational with people. Flying commercial was a stupid thing to do.

And given her relationship with the PEOTUS why the hell doesn't she have a secret service agent or two with her?

WTF
According to the article, there were SS agents on the plane. They chose to let the airline handle the little drama queens.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

They don't call them the Hi Here We Are Service, now do they?
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:The real story here is why the hell was she flying coach on JetBlue and why did she have her kids with her?

Any moron should know that liberals are intolerant and strident in their belief that they have some kind of duty to be confrontational with people. Flying commercial was a stupid thing to do.

And given her relationship with the PEOTUS why the hell doesn't she have a secret service agent or two with her?

WTF
Yeah, I thought the story was made up because of that. Poor thing.

Next month they'll have Marine One for shopping and won't have to deal with these unpleasant situations. :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ok. The election was like a month and a half ago. About 46 percent of those who voted voted in a stupid way and because we use the electoral college system that resulted in an outcome that is bad for our country. Now we just have too hope it doesn't get too bad. Nothing more to be said.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

JohnStOnge wrote:Ok. The election was like a month and a half ago. About 46 percent of those who voted voted in a stupid way and because we use the electoral college system that resulted in an outcome that is bad for our country. Now we just have too hope it doesn't get too bad. Nothing more to be said.

Dry your eyes, sweetheart, the next four years are going to be hilarious. What do you say we turn that frown upside down?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:Ok. The election was like a month and a half ago. About 46 percent of those who voted voted in a stupid way and because we use the electoral college system that resulted in an outcome that is bad for our country. Now we just have too hope it doesn't get too bad. Nothing more to be said.
StWronge, are you gunning for what's left of Josh Earnest's job? You've become quite the shill for the DNC. Why don't you make a New Year's resolution to hang it up? Laissez les bons temps rouler.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote:
StWronge, are you gunning for what's left of Josh Earnest's job? You've become quite the shill for the DNC. Why don't you make a New Year's resolution to hang it up? Laissez les bons temps rouler.
GTFO with that Latin shit! This is Trump's America now!!!! :mrgreen:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: StWronge, are you gunning for what's left of Josh Earnest's job? You've become quite the shill for the DNC. Why don't you make a New Year's resolution to hang it up? Laissez les bons temps rouler.
GTFO with that Latin ****! This is Trump's America now!!!! :mrgreen:
It's French shit. I was trying to troll JSO's inner surrender monkey! :nod:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote:
kalm wrote:
GTFO with that Latin ****! This is Trump's America now!!!! :mrgreen:
It's French shit. I was trying to troll JSO's inner surrender monkey! :nod:
I know... ;)
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

North Carolina

Granville County election worker charged with altering records to allow felons to vote
A former temporary elections worker in Granville County was arrested this week and charged with illegally accessing voter registration records and restoring voting privileges to 250 ineligible felons.

Joy Yvette Wilkerson, 41, of Henderson is facing multiple counts of fraudulently altering voter registrations, which is a felony charge.

According to a Granville County Sheriff’s Department report, the county’s Board of Elections discovered the fraudulent activity last June and contacted law enforcement. The report says Wilkerson accessed the county’s voter registration database and restored – or tried to restore – active voting status to 250 convicted felons who had been removed from voter rolls while they served their sentence.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politi ... 41099.html
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

CAA Flagship wrote:North Carolina

Granville County election worker charged with altering records to allow felons to vote
A former temporary elections worker in Granville County was arrested this week and charged with illegally accessing voter registration records and restoring voting privileges to 250 ineligible felons.

Joy Yvette Wilkerson, 41, of Henderson is facing multiple counts of fraudulently altering voter registrations, which is a felony charge.

According to a Granville County Sheriff’s Department report, the county’s Board of Elections discovered the fraudulent activity last June and contacted law enforcement. The report says Wilkerson accessed the county’s voter registration database and restored – or tried to restore – active voting status to 250 convicted felons who had been removed from voter rolls while they served their sentence.

I have written many times that voter fraud and/or illegal voting tends to work in the favor of Democrats. and that it can make a difference during extremely close elections. I've noted that in the Bush/Gore thing of 2000 the media recount found that about 5,000 illegal votes were case and about 70% of them were Democrats. That means it's reasonable to think Gore had a net edge of somewhere in the ballpark of 2000 in terms of the illegal vote.

However, if the point of your post is to suggest that there was enough illegal voting to account for Hillary Clinton winning the popular vote, I think that is extremely unlikely. She won the popular vote by about 2.9 million. Overwhelmingly likely that more legal, legitimate voters voted for Clinton than voted for Trump and that the margin was in the millions.

Just to kind of put it into perspective, if you were to take the 2000 Florida situation and multiply it by 51 for the number of jurisdictions voting in a Presidential election you get a net Democrat edge of 102,000 votes. Yes I know that's very rough and crude but what it's telling you is that even in a case like 2000 Florida where everything was looked at in a lot of detail there just aren't that many illegal votes proportionately. It's ridiculous for Trump to suggest, when Clinton won the popular vote by 2.9 million, that it was because of illegal voting.
Could I ever be a star?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:North Carolina

I have written many times .
When you know it's time to stop reading.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
I don't even begin anymore
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Bump- 1 year motherfuckers!.. :lol:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote:Bump- 1 year motherfuckers!.. :lol:
Yes and the People are REALLY happy about it.

Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
As long as you realize that Clinton did indeed win the popular vote.
Could I ever be a star?

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:
No, she won California and New York. Big difference. THAT is why we don't go strictly on popular vote. The last thing 90% of America wants is NY and CA making all the decisions.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
OL FU
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Furman

Post by OL FU »

It’s been a year and we still have muslims blacks Jews and women alive in this country. What did I miss a year ago?
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

OL FU wrote:It’s been a year and we still have muslims blacks Jews and women alive in this country. What did I miss a year ago?
Hence the high disapproval rating for Trump. :mrgreen:
OL FU
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Furman

Post by OL FU »

CAA Flagship wrote:
OL FU wrote:It’s been a year and we still have muslims blacks Jews and women alive in this country. What did I miss a year ago?
Hence the high disapproval rating for Trump. :mrgreen:
I forgot gays. Is dback ok?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:
Like a football team winning the total yards stat in a game. Interesting, but not the stat that determines W's and L's. Trump won on the scoreboard.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Like a football team winning the total yards stat in a game. Interesting, but not the stat that determines W's and L's. Trump won on the scoreboard.
Great comparison. :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

We still have Obamacare.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
No, she won California and New York. Big difference. THAT is why we don't go strictly on popular vote. The last thing 90% of America wants is NY and CA making all the decisions.
She won the popular vote, AZ. Believe it or not, American Citizens in California and New York are just as much American Citizens as people in Montana are. More American Citizens voted for Clinton than voted for Trump. It is what is is.

And no 90% of at least the PEOPlE in America don't feel as you say they do because California and New York represent about 18% of the population.

Do you think that someone's vote should matter less because they are in a high population State?
Could I ever be a star?

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
She won the popular vote, AZ. Believe it or not, American Citizens in California and New York are just as much American Citizens as people in Montana are. More American Citizens voted for Clinton than voted for Trump. It is what is is.

And no 90% of at least the PEOPlE in America don't feel as you say they do because California and New York represent about 18% of the population.

Do you think that someone's vote should matter less because they are in a high population State?
That's the idea behind a republic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris