CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Tesla does it again... scores 103 out of 100

Post by CID1990 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:Who's cheering for the economy to crash? :? :? :?

We're afraid these policies aren't in the best interest of the United State's long term health. A booming and productive economy means zilch if most of the money is being funneled upwards. We're in a roaring economy yet stocks have relatively flatlined, salaries aren't rising above inflation unless you're already well off, inflation is growing quickly, young people are straddled with debts and can't afford homes/children, we're not reducing the national debt or deficit (quite the opposite), we're not investing into social programs or non-military infrastructure, and we're still borrowing against future generations. And on top of that, we're losing our identity as a beacon of Democracy and progress.
You skip over JSO’s posts or something?
Well he can be forgiven for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

From Bill Maher's June 8th Show:
phpBB [video]
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SDHornet wrote:
From Bill Maher's June 8th Show:
phpBB [video]
Well that's dumb. There's better ways to solve things than misery.
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote:
SDHornet wrote: From Bill Maher's June 8th Show:
phpBB [video]
Well that's dumb.
Yeah but you can bet the rest of the limousine liberals like him feel/think the same way...

...because elitists like Maher won't be put out on their ass if the economy goes tits up. Shit comments like this from the elitists only encourages the "deplorables" to double down on Trump in 2020.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SDHornet wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Well that's dumb.
Yeah but you can bet the rest of the limousine liberals like him feel/think the same way...

...because elitists like Maher won't be put out on their ass if the economy goes tits up. **** comments like this from the elitists only encourages the "deplorables" to double down on Trump in 2020.
I don't disagree with that assessment.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Maybe the people complaining in the article need to move. Lots of jobs around here starting at $16-18-20+ an hour and cost of living is cheap. Unemployment in my county is 2.3%.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

I personally love what Musk is doing

This is a bit unrelated to Tesla's woes, but Musk really needs to get a direct PR advisor who filters some of his stuff...

He has done a couple things on social media that makes him look a bit immature and lacking in judgment - that is not a good look for someone who needs to project stability.. stock prices move based on legitimate things but also on silly things. Like a corporate CEO calling one of the cave rescue divers here in Thailand a "pedo"... simply because the diver said Musk's submersible wouldn't work.

Lately the guy has been very Trumpy - short fused and petty and that doesn't inspire confidence

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
SDHornet wrote: I know, I have that thought when I hear limousine liberals and leftists hoping for the economy to crash so Trump can finally fail.
Mic drop
FTR...speaking on behalf of beat up, dented, and scratched 2005 Toyota Tundra liberals...we hope the economy kicks ass.

And Trump is still a Russian strong man loving douche who really appreciates your defense....... :nod:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Stugotz claims that Musk is a fraud, so he must be a fraud.
Last edited by Ivytalk on Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Mic drop
FTR...speaking on behalf of beat up, dented, and scratched 2005 Toyota Tundra liberals...we hope the economy kicks ass.

And Trump is still a Russian strong man loving douche who really appreciates your defense....... :nod:
Going with the Russia Russia Russia defense, eh? Not a surprise, at this point that is all the leftists have. :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote:
kalm wrote:

Going with the Russia Russia Russia defense, eh? Not a surprise, at this point that is all the leftists have. :lol:
What am I defending? :suspicious:

You're one of my favorite posters, but your Trumplove is creeping me out, SD. :kisswink:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Going with the Russia Russia Russia defense, eh? Not a surprise, at this point that is all the leftists have. :lol:
What am I defending? :suspicious:

You're one of my favorite posters, but your Trumplove is creeping me out, SD. :kisswink:
Just didn't think some one as nuanced as you would buy into the msm's Russia Russia Russia narrative.

Am I back in your good graces now? :lol: 8-)

BTW speaking of nuanced, you need this shirt (Youtuber called Nuance Bro): :nod:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote:
You skip over JSO’s posts or something? .
I am not wanting the economy to "crash." I am wanting it to take a down tic as the right time. It's going to have up tics and down tics. I have written/said for many years that I think it's a mistake to assign what's happening in the economy to who is President at the time. But it's what people do. The economy is going to be characterized by variation. For the good of the country, it would be good if we have variation between now and November such that people perceive it as a negative for Trump and the Republicans. Right now, the country needs for Trump and the Republicans to be rebuked.

I think they MIGHT be rebuked regardless of the economy because rallying behind an atrocity like Trump is SO bad. But it wouldn't hurt to have the economy have one of its normal downturns at an opportune moment.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Musk tweeted this gem today:

Am considering taking Tesla private at $420. Funding secured.

Stocks immediately rose $25 (+7.4%) in less than an hour before the NYSE halted it.

The SEC might have something to say about it too...
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote:Never understood why a portion Americans want Tesla to fail so badly. It's an American company using American ingenuity, with products built in America which are named after a great American. I'll criticize it when it's appropriate, but throughout this thread, it's amazing how so many revel in joy when Tesla messes up and stumbles.

Look at BDK...all he posts are the negative articles and completely ignores the good.
Tesla was Croatian.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ibanez wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:Never understood why a portion Americans want Tesla to fail so badly. It's an American company using American ingenuity, with products built in America which are named after a great American. I'll criticize it when it's appropriate, but throughout this thread, it's amazing how so many revel in joy when Tesla messes up and stumbles.

Look at BDK...all he posts are the negative articles and completely ignores the good.
Tesla was Croatian.
Yes, but being an immigrant didn't make him any less of an American. :nod:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

∞∞∞ wrote:Musk tweeted this gem today:

Stocks immediately rose $25 (+7.4%) in less than an hour before the NYSE halted it.

Let me get this straight. Muskrat can get "secure" funding for a going-private transaction, but his company is awash in debt. Then he gooses the stock with a tweet. You may be right about the SEC.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Ivytalk wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:Musk tweeted this gem today:

Let me get this straight. Muskrat can get "secure" funding for a going-private transaction, but his company is awash in debt. Then he gooses the stock with a tweet. You may be right about the SEC.
His tweet was satire so it doesn't matter.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

HI54UNI wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:
His tweet was satire so it doesn't matter.
A lie like this, satire or not, would be even worst. :twocents:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Tesla was Croatian.
Yes, but being an immigrant didn't make him any less of an American. :nod:
Was he legal?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Yes, but being an immigrant didn't make him any less of an American. :nod:
Was he legal?
Of course. He came decades before our current system of immigration.

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Tesla stock has its worst day in two years after Elon Musk's off-kilter interview with the NYT
Shares ended Friday 8.9 percent lower after a New York Times piece outlined serious struggles for CEO Elon Musk.
The paper also reported that the board is concerned over Musk’s use of Ambien and recreational drugs, and that Musk and members are set to meet with SEC officials as soon as next week.
Musk tweeted last week that he had “funding secured” to take Tesla private at $420 per share, which could be a violation of SEC rules.

Shares of Tesla had their worst day in two years Friday after a New York Times feature outlined some serious struggles for CEO Elon Musk.

The electric car maker's stock closed 8.9 percent lower, its poorest performance since June of 2016 when it fell 10.45 percent. Tesla stock is in bear-market territory, down more than 21 percent from its 52-week high..."
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/17/tesla-t ... h-sec.html
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:Tesla stock has its worst day in two years after Elon Musk's off-kilter interview with the NYT
Shares ended Friday 8.9 percent lower after a New York Times piece outlined serious struggles for CEO Elon Musk.
The paper also reported that the board is concerned over Musk’s use of Ambien and recreational drugs, and that Musk and members are set to meet with SEC officials as soon as next week.
Musk tweeted last week that he had “funding secured” to take Tesla private at $420 per share, which could be a violation of SEC rules.

Shares of Tesla had their worst day in two years Friday after a New York Times feature outlined some serious struggles for CEO Elon Musk.

The electric car maker's stock closed 8.9 percent lower, its poorest performance since June of 2016 when it fell 10.45 percent. Tesla stock is in bear-market territory, down more than 21 percent from its 52-week high..."
Something is going on with Musk.

His tiff with the cave rescue diver here in Thailand was bizarre

Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Tesla stock has its worst day in two years after Elon Musk's off-kilter interview with the NYT

If he keeps up the crazy disposition he'll be able to buy back Tesla for nickles on the dollar

:geek:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Tesla does it again... scores 103 out of 100

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

If he keeps up the crazy disposition he'll be able to buy back Tesla for nickles on the dollar

:geek:
Jazz Shaw is a frequent defender of Musk. I agree with him - it does nobody any good for Musk to go bonkers

And he has odd detractors... several on the left

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/08/17/ ... -cracking/