Baltimore Is Sinking Fast - Andy, Get Out NOW!

Political discussions
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Baltimore Is Sinking Fast - Andy, Get Out NOW!

Post by Col Hogan »

Violence is surging since the riots, and the way the States Attorney has handled the case is a main cause according to various police sources...
" In 29 years, I've gone through some bad times, but I've never seen it this bad," said Lt. Kenneth Butler, president of the Vanguard Justice Society, a group for black Baltimore police officers. Officers "feel as though the state's attorney will hang them out to dry."
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla ... tml#page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A city that already had a high crime rate cannot afford to lose its police departments support, but that seems to be happening fast...
. Several officers said in interviews they are concerned crime could spike as officers are hesitant to do their jobs, and criminals sense opportunity. Butler, a shift commander in the Southern District, said his officers are expressing reluctance to go after crime.

"I'm hearing it from guys who were go-getters, who would go out here and get the guns and the bad guys and drugs. They're hands-off now," Butler said. "I've never seen so many dejected faces.

"Policing, as we once knew it, has changed."

Lt. Victor Gearhart, a 33-year veteran who works in the Southern District, said residents with complaints about police "are going to get the police force they want, and God help them

Edward C. Jackson, a retired Baltimore police colonel who teaches at Baltimore City Community College, said he is worried about crime spiking if officers go into a "work slowdown" to avoid proactive police work.
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Baltimore Is Sinking Fast - Andy, Get Out NOW!

Post by BDKJMU »

Just like in NYC you have a mayor who has hung the police out to dry. Mayor Let them Riot is going to find things are going to get mighty tough when she loses any support from the PD..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Weakling municipal leaders always blame the police first in these situations. Its in every mayor's playbook.

Its a tightrope only the truly politically savvy can walk, because they also know they'll be held accountable for higher crime rates when the police decide it is too risky to be proactive.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

CID1990 wrote:Weakling municipal leaders always blame the police first in these situations. Its in every mayor's playbook.
Not just mayors. There's the case of a district superintendent in SoCal who jumped the gun declaring a model teacher/wrestling coach in the wrong after an altercation with students in his classroom. Turns out that the coach had interrupted a drug deal in progress, confronted the students, who attacked first. All the coach did was hold the student down until campus police arrived. Give a little person a bit of power...

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

I'm surprised there haven't been mass retirements and resignations. How are they supposed to make an arrest when a near riot breaks out immediately afterward.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

andy7171 wrote:I'm surprised there haven't been mass retirements and resignations. How are they supposed to make an arrest when a near riot breaks out immediately afterward.
Because most of them are more dedicated to what they do than most people realize or care to contemplate.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

Just heard of the radio there have been 15 black on black murders in Baltimore since the rioting ended. :ohno:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

andy7171 wrote:Just heard of the radio there have been 15 black on black murders in Baltimore since the rioting ended. :ohno:
Good thing none of the perps were white or the media might have made that into a story.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CID1990 wrote:
andy7171 wrote:I'm surprised there haven't been mass retirements and resignations. How are they supposed to make an arrest when a near riot breaks out immediately afterward.
Because most of them are more dedicated to what they do than most people realize or care to contemplate.
That or they just want to keep getting paid, like everyone else. You can talk dedication all day, but stop paying somebody and you'll see how dedicated they really are. :lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

93henfan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
That or they just want to keep getting paid, like everyone else. You can talk dedication all day, but stop paying somebody and you'll see how dedicated they really are. :lol:
"I got into police work and stayed there for the money."

said nobody ever

If youre making 55k per year after 15 years in a clerk job then I could see it- but not if youre getting shit thrown at you or under constant threat of injury

I got out precisely because the risk wasnt worth it the minute I got married and had kids.

I worked many years with some very dedicated motherfvckers and my hat is off to them- I send them links for DoJ advisor job openings all the time. They care about their AOs and they wont leave no matter how bad it gets
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CID1990 wrote:
93henfan wrote:
"I got into police work and stayed there for the money."

said nobody ever

If youre making 55k per year after 15 years in a clerk job then I could see it- but not if youre getting shit thrown at you or under constant threat of injury

I got out precisely because the risk wasnt worth it the minute I got married and had kids.

I worked many years with some very dedicated motherfvckers and my hat is off to them- I send them links for DoJ advisor job openings all the time. They care about their AOs and they wont leave no matter how bad it gets
So you were more dedicated to your family than to your job. I respect that.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

4 people murdered in the last 24 hours. JFC
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

Post by D1B »

CID1990 wrote:
:rofl:
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

D1B wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
:rofl:
You're a pretty shitty charity worker.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

"Baltimore Nearing 160 Homicides Less Than Halfway Through 2017

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The number of murders continues to sky rocket in Baltimore after six people are killed in less than 24 hours.

Baltimore is closing in on 160 homicides, not even halfway through the year...."
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/06/1 ... homicides/

And we also haven't hit the official 1st day of summer yet. Baltimore po po just put on mandatory 12 hour shifts..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

The quotes in the Sun have been priceless. People that were blasting cops with words and rocks are now sucking their dicks.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

93henfan wrote:The quotes in the Sun have been priceless. People that were blasting cops with words and rocks are now sucking their dicks.
It's a sh1t job even on the good days

After having been to this rodeo before - I can say that depolicing (or the Ferguson Effect) DOES exist and we are seeing it in Chicago, Baltimore, and several other cities

Most of the people who enable BLM and other anti-LE interests live behind gates and walls and don't give a sh1t until it starts costing them votes... then they hire Bill Bratton

If your choice is to do your job proactively and be nearly guaranteed to be pilloried for it then it isn't hard to figure out where this leads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:
93henfan wrote:The quotes in the Sun have been priceless. People that were blasting cops with words and rocks are now sucking their dicks.
It's a sh1t job even on the good days

After having been to this rodeo before - I can say that depolicing (or the Ferguson Effect) DOES exist and we are seeing it in Chicago, Baltimore, and several other cities

Most of the people who enable BLM and other anti-LE interests live behind gates and walls and don't give a sh1t until it starts costing them votes... then they hire Bill Bratton

If your choice is to do your job proactively and be nearly guaranteed to be pilloried for it then it isn't hard to figure out where this leads
Police Radio Chatter from 1983:
Shots fired Alameda and Elm North Compton
Do not respond I repeat do not respond
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

In violence-plagued Baltimore, weekend ceasefire offers glimmer of hope
BALTIMORE (Reuters) - After the deaths of nearly 20 of her friends and relatives, Erricka Bridgeford said she wanted to take a stand against Baltimore's worst wave of deadly violence in a generation.

It was with that sense of urgency that the 44-year-old community mediation trainer and other activists decided to organize a grassroots "ceasefire" to stop the killings, at least for 72 hours, starting at midnight on Thursday (0400 GMT on Friday).

"We want to purposefully just have a pause and a sacred space where everybody's intention is that nobody gets killed," Bridgeford said.

The ceasefire has the support of gang leaders, drug dealers and others linked to the violence, she said.

The slogan selected by organizers gets straight to the point: "Nobody kill anybody."
https://www.yahoo.com/news/violence-pla ... 29230.html
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:In violence-plagued Baltimore, weekend ceasefire offers glimmer of hope
BALTIMORE (Reuters) - After the deaths of nearly 20 of her friends and relatives, Erricka Bridgeford said she wanted to take a stand against Baltimore's worst wave of deadly violence in a generation.

It was with that sense of urgency that the 44-year-old community mediation trainer and other activists decided to organize a grassroots "ceasefire" to stop the killings, at least for 72 hours, starting at midnight on Thursday (0400 GMT on Friday).

"We want to purposefully just have a pause and a sacred space where everybody's intention is that nobody gets killed," Bridgeford said.

The ceasefire has the support of gang leaders, drug dealers and others linked to the violence, she said.

The slogan selected by organizers gets straight to the point: "Nobody kill anybody."
https://www.yahoo.com/news/violence-pla ... 29230.html
Cease fire?

Balitimore and West Virginia health care camps make us look Mosul and Haiti... :ohno:

God I love Spokcompton!
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Are we talking about a binding resolution here? If one gang violates the terms of the cease fire is da community gone stop buying they angel dust, smack, and weed?
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

There's a quote in there they should use to name it:

The Baltimore Nobody Gets Killed Weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote:Are we talking about a binding resolution here? If one gang violates the terms of the cease fire is da community gone stop buying they angel dust, smack, and weed?
Angel dust is so 1960's. Ketamine is where it's at now.

Dork.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

UPDATE:

2 dead, 1 injured in 3 shootings since citywide ceasefire began

http://www.abc2news.com/news/crime-chec ... fire-began
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

So much for Don't Nobody Kill Nobody Weekend