Clinton e-mailgate

Political discussions

How big a problem is this for Hillary in '16?

Meh, not a big deal
13%
Moderate, along the lines of Christie's Bridgegate
8%
Huge
59%
Pee in GATW's butt
21%

Total votes: 39

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: Clinton e-mailgate

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
I'm still waiting for anything...
Trumps been cracking the whip to get her for 2 years

:coffee:
I know what Trump says

But I haven’t seen or heard of any additional push to dig up anything additional to the original FOIA response. None of my friends in positions to know have heard anything either

It is as if things came to a halt once Trump was elected

I think the IG may have looked at it but the problem is that there is a tranche of communications that State cannot access, nor can any other agency- those emails never passed through government systems

I think Clinton’s private server effectively served its purposr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trump used it to rile up the base but I don't think he ever planned to pursue it. He's more focused on hurting potential 2020 candidates than those from 2016.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Clinton e-mailgate

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
I know what Trump says

But I haven’t seen or heard of any additional push to dig up anything additional to the original FOIA response. None of my friends in positions to know have heard anything either

It is as if things came to a halt once Trump was elected

I think the IG may have looked at it but the problem is that there is a tranche of communications that State cannot access, nor can any other agency- those emails never passed through government systems

I think Clinton’s private server effectively served its purposr

Trump used it to rile up the base but I don't think he ever planned to pursue it. He's more focused on hurting potential 2020 candidates than those from 2016.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
TBH, to go after Clinton in a vindictive way after she lost would be a stupid move politically - even for Trump

Notice how about half the candidates out there as well as some prominent congresscritters are all saying how Trump should be prosecuted for various crimes after he leaves office

Nobody has much of a high horse to sit on here

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

If he broke laws, he should be prosecuted.

Our system doesn't let a sitting President be prosecuted. Ok. Fine. They get a 'get out of jail free' card for 4-8 years.

But, a lifetime 'get out of jail free' card is ridiculous.

If Clinton broke laws - she should be prosecuted. There shouldn't be a hesitation because of 'appearances' or the sensibilities of establishment Democrats. Same with Trump. If he broke (or breaks) laws... he should be prosecuted. Pretty simple.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:If he broke laws, he should be prosecuted.

Our system doesn't let a sitting President be prosecuted. Ok. Fine. They get a 'get out of jail free' card for 4-8 years.

But, a lifetime 'get out of jail free' card is ridiculous.

If Clinton broke laws - she should be prosecuted. There shouldn't be a hesitation because of 'appearances' or the sensibilities of establishment Democrats. Same with Trump. If he broke (or breaks) laws... he should be prosecuted. Pretty simple.
Then move to Nigeria

Its a paradise for people who like tit for tat criminal prosecutions of former office holders

For all the sturm und drang ... nobody is going to successfully prosecute Trump after he leaves office for anything we currently know about

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

If they're legitimate crimes, they should be charged.

What's the incentive to not be corrupt if you can't be charged with anything?

Blagojevich, Hastert, Weiner, William Jefferson, etc. I guess we've been Nigeria for awhile. We should let all these guys off and make sure none are ever charged again. Make America Great Again!
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:If they're legitimate crimes, they should be charged.

Blagojevich, Hastert, Weiner, William Jefferson, etc. I guess we've been Nigeria for awhile. We should let all these guys off and make sure none are ever charged again. Make America Great Again!
Go cry your river elsewhere

Politicians at the national level are largely above the law

See: Nixon Clinton and next up... Trump

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:If they're legitimate crimes, they should be charged.

Yeah. I'm saying it shouldn't be that way.

You're saying it should be... or else we'll be like Nigeria. :suspicious:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Yeah. I'm saying it shouldn't be that way.

You're saying it should be... or else we'll be like Nigeria. :suspicious:
Nigeria (also a federal republic) is a cautionary tale only

Nobody said it should be that way. I said that’s the way it is. So don’t put words in my mouth, boy. That goes for your reading challenged buddy Jearf too.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

I love how the right has now decided that because the 2 year long investigation into Clinton
hasn't come with anything even remotely interesting - it's because they don't care...

:rofl:

Clinton is the single most hated person in American politics (and that includes Trump)
You cannot convince me that the ENTIRE republican party has just kindly "moved on"

Fox News has a segment on her every day

there are not enough laugh emoji's in the universe for me to tack onto this post
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:I love how the right has now decided that because the 2 year long investigation into Clinton
hasn't come with anything even remotely interesting - it's because they don't care...

Clinton is the single most hated person in American politics (and that includes Trump)
You cannot convince me that the ENTIRE republican party has just kindly "moved on"

there are not enough laugh emoji's in the universe for me to tack onto this post
It's our Russiagate. :coffee:

But I don't hate her for her email fuckup.

I hate her for Benghazi. :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Chizzang wrote:I love how the right has now decided that because the 2 year long investigation into Clinton

The Hillary/Trump juxtaposition on various issues is fun to bring up because it shows the hypocrisy of both sides. From the Conks attacking her and then crying foul about the attacks on Trump to the Donks who were willing to overlook her ethical lapses but want to hold Trump to a higher standard. The extent of the hypocrisy is fascinating.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:

It's our Russiagate. :coffee:

But I don't hate her for her email fuckup.

I hate her for Benghazi. :coffee:
Everybody has at least one reason to hate her...

:lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

I don’t think the GOP has moved on at all -

I think there is a significant tranche of Republicans who would love nothing more than to see Hillary go to jail

(and a couple Democrats)

but like I said before, politics trumps rule of law in many instances and this is a prime example

“Lock her up” is a way to rile up your base and get them to the polls but as a policy position is is one fraught with division and acrimony - and it looks like even Trump realized this (I hope so)

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

If Hillary has ever done anything serious that's illegal, she covered her own tracks. That cattle futures trade was shady as hell and I don't think any objective person can deny that but how can you really prove she had insider info? I think anyone can also agree that when it comes to politics I think most would agree not breaking the law isn't enough to say you're ethical.

My pet peeve are Democrats and feminists that act like Clinton's reputation comes from years of hard work of talk radio and Fox News. That's a load of crap. Anyone who thinks that and won't believe any right-wing source can read Christopher Hitchens' No One Left to Lie to, which is mostly about Bill but pretty much skewers Hillary as well. She is not well-liked by independents or Democrats.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote:

I think there is a significant tranche of Republicans who would love nothing more than to see Hillary go to jail

(and a couple Democrats)

but like I said before, politics trumps rule of law in many instances and this is a prime example

“Lock her up” is a way to rile up your base and get them to the polls but as a policy position is is one fraught with division and acrimony - and it looks like even Trump realized this (I hope so)

Much like “impeach him!” For the donks, except as opposed to moving on and realizing the futility of it they’ve made it their one and only policy plank this election season.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

AZGrizFan wrote:they’ve made it their one and only policy plank this election season.
i guess they gave up on free healthcare for illegals, live birth abortion, socialized medicine and multi-trillion dollar “new deals”. You can rest easy tonight. :coffee:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:they’ve made it their one and only policy plank this election season.
i guess they gave up on free healthcare for illegals, live birth abortion, socialized medicine and multi-trillion dollar “new deals”. You can rest easy tonight. :coffee:
Subplanks. Try and keep up.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
Subplanks. Try and keep up.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Wait, so jellybelly made multiple posts in this thread parroting msm talking points about why hillary shouldn't be prosecuted over her emails...

...and now he is saying that she should be?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It must be exhausting jumping from one contradictory stance to another all in the name of supporting the "Orange Man Bad" narratives spit out by the infotainment machine.  :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote:

The Hillary/Trump juxtaposition on various issues is fun to bring up because it shows the hypocrisy of both sides. From the Conks attacking her and then crying foul about the attacks on Trump to the Donks who were willing to overlook her ethical lapses but want to hold Trump to a higher standard. The extent of the hypocrisy is fascinating.
And entertaining to boot. :nod: :lol:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Hillary is not a sitting President
She is a citizen and can easily be prosecuted

and the line of people wanting her run out of town is long on both sides of the isle
and Trump is a malicious vindictive twat and would run her up the flagpole at the drop of a hat

and anybody who says otherwise hasn't been paying attention these last two years
If there were anything they could get her on they would

I am not confused about that
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

(and a couple Democrats)

Much like “impeach him!” For the donks, except as opposed to moving on and realizing the futility of it they’ve made it their one and only policy plank this election season.
Unlike the Republicans who are still fighting the 2016 election...which they won?
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SDHornet wrote:Wait, so jellybelly made multiple posts in this thread parroting msm talking points about why hillary shouldn't be prosecuted over her emails...

...and now he is saying that she should be?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It must be exhausting jumping from one contradictory stance to another all in the name of supporting the "Orange Man Bad" narratives spit out by the infotainment machine.  :coffee:
"Parrotting [sic]" MSM talking points?

A State Department investigation. That found no crimes were committed. Following an DOJ investigation. That found no crimes were committed.

I said if she was found to have committed any crimes, she should be prosecuted.

It's not a contradictory stance.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

nor is there enough cold in the interstellar void to take the sting out of that burn...
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Pwns wrote:If Hillary has ever done anything serious that's illegal, she covered her own tracks. That cattle futures trade was shady as hell and I don't think any objective person can deny that but how can you really prove she had insider info? I think anyone can also agree that when it comes to politics I think most would agree not breaking the law isn't enough to say you're ethical.

My pet peeve are Democrats and feminists that act like Clinton's reputation comes from years of hard work of talk radio and Fox News. That's a load of crap. Anyone who thinks that and won't believe any right-wing source can read Christopher Hitchens' No One Left to Lie to, which is mostly about Bill but pretty much skewers Hillary as well. She is not well-liked by independents or Democrats.
They're butthurt because they've been trying to get her for anything for a quarter of a century but they're just too slow like - Charlie Brown trying to kick the football Lucy is holding. :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky