Clinton e-mailgate

Political discussions

How big a problem is this for Hillary in '16?

Meh, not a big deal
13%
Moderate, along the lines of Christie's Bridgegate
8%
Huge
59%
Pee in GATW's butt
21%

Total votes: 39

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: Clinton e-mailgate

Post by Pwns »

This is quintessential Clinton shenanigans. Smoke all over the place, but you can't prove there's fire and if you call fire you're a part of the vast right wing conspiracy of the Fox News Koch Brothers Glenn Beck Sarah Palin Rush Limbaugh Rupert Murdoch Darth Cheney hate machine that has been trying to destroy the poor innocent Clinton's for 25 years.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

It helps a lot if you know how to pick your fights.

Republicans have sucked balls at that for the past 25 years. They've tried to throw everything at them to see what will stick.

If they stuck to going after them on legitimate scandals... it would have worked much better.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Skjellyfetti wrote:It helps a lot if you know how to pick your fights.

Republicans have sucked balls at that for the past 25 years. They've tried to throw everything at them to see what will stick.

If they stuck to going after them on legitimate scandals... it would have worked much better.
So, having a home brew computer server sitting in the closet of your home in Chappaqua carrying Top Secret information that you are legally not supposed to possess off of secure State Department servers isn't a "legitimate scandal"? :?

LubeBoi. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Baldy wrote:

So, having a home brew computer server sitting in the closet of your home in Chappaqua carrying Top Secret information that you are legally not supposed to possess off of secure State Department servers isn't a "legitimate scandal"? :?

That's not what he's saying. What he is saying is that when you use up all your PR capital on things that will not change votes ('cause you know this is the true underlying reason any of these investigations are held by either side in this day and age) people tend to take a "here we go again :roll: " attitude when a new scandal comes out.

Any informed voter knows Benghazi and the EmailGate is a big deal. For the regular joe, one is not like the other...and conks decided to blow their load on the wrong scandal. Pppsssttt....after the initial findings proving hilldog was an incompetent executive prone to lying, conks probably shouldn't have wasted so much time and money reinforcing what everybody figured out regarding Benghazi.

Of all the things to tag hilldog with, this 30 minute Lorretta-Bill meeting on a tarmac is definitely not one of them...but anyone with a lick of common sense knows this so conks will no doubt waste time talking about this more than something more relevant. Idiots.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Baldy wrote:

I'm saying that the email scandal is one of the legit ones that they should have focused on.

Try to think for a moment instead of the 'lubeboi' knee jerk.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

SDHornet wrote:
Baldy wrote:

That's not what he's saying. What he is saying is that when you use up all your PR capital on things that will not change votes ('cause you know this is the true underlying reason any of these investigations are held by either side in this day and age) people tend to take a "here we go again :roll: " attitude when a new scandal comes out.

Any informed voter knows Benghazi and the EmailGate is a big deal. For the regular joe, one is not like the other...and conks decided to blow their load on the wrong scandal. Pppsssttt....after the initial findings proving hilldog was an incompetent executive prone to lying, conks probably shouldn't have wasted so much time and money reinforcing what everybody figured out regarding Benghazi.

Of all the things to tag hilldog with, this 30 minute Lorretta-Bill meeting on a tarmac is definitely not one of them...but anyone with a lick of common sense knows this so conks will no doubt waste time talking about this more than something more relevant. Idiots.
First of all, the email scandal was brought to light from the Benghazi investigation.
Second, the email scandal is in the hands of the Justice Department. Nothing more the Conks can do on this.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CAA Flagship wrote:
SDHornet wrote: That's not what he's saying. What he is saying is that when you use up all your PR capital on things that will not change votes ('cause you know this is the true underlying reason any of these investigations are held by either side in this day and age) people tend to take a "here we go again :roll: " attitude when a new scandal comes out.

First of all, the email scandal was brought to light from the Benghazi investigation.
Second, the email scandal is in the hands of the Justice Department. Nothing more the Conks can do on this.
Actually we can thank that Romania hacker named Guccifer who "found" it in March 2013...then and only then did the conks, in their infinite wisdom, find out about the server...in which they then waited until summer 2014 to actually look into it as part of another Benghazi investigation...but yeah go ahead and stick to the concept of the conks being on the ball on this one. :lol: :dunce:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

SDHornet wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: First of all, the email scandal was brought to light from the Benghazi investigation.
Actually we can thank that Romania hacker named Guccifer who "found" it in March 2013...then and only then did the conks, in their infinite wisdom, find out about the server...in which they then waited until summer 2014 to actually look into it as part of another Benghazi investigation...but yeah go ahead and stick to the concept of the conks being on the ball on this one. :lol: :dunce:
JFC, you sound like MSNBC.
YOU said that they blew their load on the wrong scandal. I'm saying that there isn't much more they can do with the email scandal. It's out of their hands.

Not sure how you made the leap by saying I think they were on the ball on this one. :ohno:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CAA Flagship wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Actually we can thank that Romania hacker named Guccifer who "found" it in March 2013...then and only then did the conks, in their infinite wisdom, find out about the server...in which they then waited until summer 2014 to actually look into it as part of another Benghazi investigation...but yeah go ahead and stick to the concept of the conks being on the ball on this one. :lol: :dunce:
JFC, you sound like MSNBC.
YOU said that they blew their load on the wrong scandal. I'm saying that there isn't much more they can do with the email scandal. It's out of their hands.

Not sure how you made the leap by saying I think they were on the ball on this one. :ohno:
I don’t watch MSNBC so I wouldn’t know. My point is that by continuing to bang the drum about Benghazi, they are not banging the drum about the email and Clinton Foundation pay for play setup. Instead we get more Benghazi, a topic that has been beaten to death and a topic most Americans don’t really care about, which no doubt causes folks to tune out some of the other scandals.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote:This is quintessential Clinton shenanigans. Smoke all over the place, but you can't prove there's fire and if you call fire you're a part of the vast right wing conspiracy of the Fox News Koch Brothers Glenn Beck Sarah Palin Rush Limbaugh Rupert Murdoch Darth hate machine that has been trying to destroy the poor innocent Clinton's for 25 years.
Truth.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

"Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch plans to announce on Friday that she will accept whatever recommendation career prosecutors and the F.B.I. director make about whether to bring charges related to Hillary Clinton’s personal email server, a Justice Department official said. Her decision removes the possibility that a political appointee will overrule investigators in the case."
http://nytimes.com/2016/07/02/us/politi ... ne=nyt-org
Wow, big news.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:"Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch plans to announce on Friday that she will accept whatever recommendation career prosecutors and the F.B.I. director make about whether to bring charges related to Hillary Clinton’s personal email server, a Justice Department official said. Her decision removes the possibility that a political appointee will overrule investigators in the case."
Wow, big news.

Yup. Just read this as well and it's good to see this.

Unless, the media and the government are in cahoots and are preparing us for what we all expect: Clinton to get off the hook.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Yeah. If Clinton gets anything more than a slap on the wrist, I will denounce the EC(b) and move to the Palouse for the rest of my life.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

CAA Flagship wrote:Yeah. If Clinton gets anything more than a slap on the wrist, I will denounce the EC(b) and move to the Palouse for the rest of my life.
Shut up.

Bitch.

:coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:Yeah. If Clinton gets anything more than a slap on the wrist, I will denounce the EC(b) and move to the Palouse for the rest of my life.
Shut up.

Bitch.

:coffee:
No one talks to a fellow Palousianite like that!

:tothehand:
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

No way in hell she gets indicted! NO WAY!
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:"Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch plans to announce on Friday that she will accept whatever recommendation career prosecutors and the F.B.I. director make about whether to bring charges related to Hillary Clinton’s personal email server, a Justice Department official said. Her decision removes the possibility that a political appointee will overrule investigators in the case."
Wow, big news.

Unless, the media and the government are in cahoots and are preparing us for what we all expect: Clinton to get off the hook.
Damn, she is a big un..Image
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote:
Wow, big news.

I'll believe it when it happens. My money is still on nothing happening to hilldog.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
Wow, big news.

Complete smokescreen. If she was serious about keeping an appearance of impartiality she would recuse herself from the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Pwns wrote:This is quintessential Clinton shenanigans. Smoke all over the place, but you can't prove there's fire and if you call fire you're a part of the vast right wing conspiracy of the Fox News Koch Brothers Glenn Beck Sarah Palin Rush Limbaugh Rupert Murdoch Darth Cheney hate machine that has been trying to destroy the poor innocent Clinton's for 25 years.
That's what jumps out at me: these stupid conk fvcks have been after these guys forever but they just can't catch them. And we're supposed to trust these incompetents negotiating with Putin when they can't even get the goods on some girl they've had wood over for decades? :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

Complete smokescreen. If she was serious about keeping an appearance of impartiality she would recuse herself from the case.

Yep. Say what you want about Rush- but he nails it. How conservatives are being played by the Clintons, and why there won't be an indictment.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/ ... e_clintons
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Yep. Say what you want about Rush- but he nails it. How conservatives are being played by the Clintons, and why there won't be an indictment.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/ ... e_clintons
Better or worse than they're being played by The Donald? :?

They should rename themselves the Universal Chump Party. :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ok FINALLY it looks like the FBI is going to soon get off the pot. I will hope that the Democrats can make lemonade out of this however it goes.

Best case scenario is the FBI does not recommend charges. If that happens there's ample opportunity to do the "there they go again" thing with the Republicans. Republicans have been burned over and over again by predicting all kinds of ominous things in terms of trouble for the Clintons and repeatedly ended up looking like they over reached. Fair or not that's what's happened and if the FBI does not recommend charges they'll be in that spot again. Many of them have sung the praises of the FBI director; saying he's a straight shooter etc. If the FBI does not recommend charges they won't be able to infer corruption on the part of the Justice Department.

Worst case is the FBI recommends charges and the Justice Department pursues that. Lynch says she'll follow the FBI recommendation. That could also be a "sliver lining" thing for the Democrats because right now they've got a candidate with a lot of baggage and negatives. I think it's the only reason Trump is competitive. If it happens and they parlay that into coming up with any reasonably decent nominee they have a chance to actually be in better position. If they can come up with any decent candidate at all that candidate should win just because the Republicans screwed up so badly in their nomination.

We'll see what happens.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Bronco
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Griz

Post by Bronco »

-
Her and her husband are both crooks and almost as big a liar as Obama

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back. Al Swearengen
http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/tv/childr ... bronco.wav" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

Sunday's New York Post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB