Clinton e-mailgate

Political discussions

How big a problem is this for Hillary in '16?

Meh, not a big deal
13%
Moderate, along the lines of Christie's Bridgegate
8%
Huge
59%
Pee in GATW's butt
21%

Total votes: 39

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Clinton e-mailgate

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
I didn't. I was hopeful, but I didn't think it was a lock by any means. If you want I can link the post I made the night before the election expressing that sentiment. I was VERY concerned that Trump could win.

Now, I do think that at the point just before Comey dropped his Weiner bomb 11 days before the election her chances looked better.

I've said it before but to me the perceptions surrounding that election are interesting. I can remember that when Romney was running against Obama there was belief that Romney had a chance. I think the perception of Clinton as a lock exceeded the perception of Obama as a lock over Romney.

But when you look at the actual polling data it was clear that there was a LOT more confidence in Obama beating Romney than there was in Clinton beating Trump. I can remember that the 538 forecast just before the election reflected 90% confidence that Obama was going to win. That's quite at the Gold Standard as far as confidence levels go. The Gold Standard is 95% confidence. But 90% confidence is acceptable sometimes.

I don't remember the 538 forecast showing more than in the low 80%s confidence range for Clinton beating Trump. Just before election it was 71%. There is no WAY anybody who understands what confidence levels mean would say anything other than "too close to call" in a situation like that.

I think what was happening is that pundits looked at what an atrocity Trump is and just couldn't believe enough people would vote for him to allow him to win.
John, I’m going to help you out here -

“Everybody thought Hillary was going to win” is a generalization... another way of saying “conventional wisdom was that Hillary was going to win”

But we all know what you think... your brain is laid out before us in the form of gigabytes of Internet forum sputum

But ok... thanks for weighing in
Oh, I agree that the "conventional wisdom" was that. What I'm telling you is that the actual polling data did not support the "conventional wisdom" and that I realized that.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Wrong bottom line since it's missing the specific language (which matters in the legalese), read the first 3 pages of the executive summary jelly linked above to get the exact language. This is from page iii (PDF pg 4):

In summary:
You know, I heard Rush Limbaugh making that same argument about "documentary." The problem is that the report said there was no documentary OR testimonial evidence. If you do what that woman did and act like the report just said "documentary" you are being intellectually dishonest. And I'm afraid the conservative side has been doing that sort of thing with disturbing frequency lately.
Nothing to see here...move along...
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Wrong bottom line since it's missing the specific language (which matters in the legalese), read the first 3 pages of the executive summary jelly linked above to get the exact language. This is from page iii (PDF pg 4):

In summary:
You know, I heard Rush Limbaugh making that same argument about "documentary." The problem is that the report said there was no documentary OR testimonial evidence. If you do what that woman did and act like the report just said "documentary" you are being intellectually dishonest. And I'm afraid the conservative side has been doing that sort of thing with disturbing frequency lately.
I don't think you can read the text messages, written by the man leading both FBI investigations, and think he does not have a bias that will influence him. Gowdy is 100% right.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Looks like China got in the mix too:
A Chinese-owned company operating in the Washington, D.C., area hacked Hillary Clinton’s private server throughout her term as secretary of state and obtained nearly all her emails, two sources briefed on the matter told The Daily Caller News Foundation.

The Chinese firm obtained Clinton’s emails in real time as she sent and received communications and documents through her personal server, according to the sources, who said the hacking was conducted as part of an intelligence operation.
https://dailycaller.com/2018/08/27/chin ... on-server/

At this point it's important to remind everyone that Strzok was head of counter intel at the FBI. You can't make this shit up. :lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:Looks like China got in the mix too:
A Chinese-owned company operating in the Washington, D.C., area hacked Hillary Clinton’s private server throughout her term as secretary of state and obtained nearly all her emails, two sources briefed on the matter told The Daily Caller News Foundation.

The Chinese firm obtained Clinton’s emails in real time as she sent and received communications and documents through her personal server, according to the sources, who said the hacking was conducted as part of an intelligence operation.

At this point it's important to remind everyone that Strzok was head of counter intel at the FBI. You can't make this **** up. :lol:
They were just emails, dude

And most of our stuff is overclassified anyway

Also the Tea Party

Also sodomy
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote:

At this point it's important to remind everyone that Strzok was head of counter intel at the FBI. You can't make this **** up. :lol:

Also the Tea Party

Also sodomy
You forgot Russia...

...and aliens...
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

SDHornet wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Also the Tea Party

Also sodomy
You forgot Russia...

...and aliens...
They were all about yoga. And wedding plans.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote:
SDHornet wrote: You forgot Russia...

...and aliens...
and prism glasses

and back braces
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Clinton e-mailgate

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:
and prism glasses

and back braces
DARPA exoskeletons with colostomy bag holders too.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

At this point it's important to remind everyone that Strzok was head of counter intel at the FBI. You can't make this shit up. :lol:
FBI disputes the story.

Fuckin' Deep State Wray. :ohno:
The FBI on Wednesday pushed back on an unfounded claim by President Trump that Hillary Clinton’s emails were hacked by China, saying it had found no evidence that the private servers she used while secretary of state had been compromised.

Asked about the president’s assertions, the FBI provided a statement Wednesday afternoon that simply said: “The FBI has not found any evidence the servers were compromised.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... c99b3ddf5b
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Is this the same FBI under control of the Republicans and Donald Trump..?
or is this the rogue liberal elite FBI

:lol:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Chizzang wrote:Is this the same FBI under control of the Republicans and Donald Trump..?
or is this the rogue liberal elite FBI

:lol:
You mean Republicans like Comey who encouraged people to vote donk? :? :lol:

And people actually think Trump is a Republican?!?!? :rofl:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote:

FBI disputes the story.

Fuckin' Deep State Wray. :ohno:
The FBI on Wednesday pushed back on an unfounded claim by President Trump that Hillary Clinton’s emails were hacked by China, saying it had found no evidence that the private servers she used while secretary of state had been compromised.

Asked about the president’s assertions, the FBI provided a statement Wednesday afternoon that simply said: “The FBI has not found any evidence the servers were compromised.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... c99b3ddf5b
What did you expect the FBI to say? "Yeah it's true, our guys ignored the ICIG's tip that the Chinese hacked hildawgs servers. Our bad." :lol:

The FBI (and any gubmint agency) is going to die on the hill of defending themselves from looking like the incompetent morons that they are. :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

If the Chinese were crawling around in her server, we’ll know soon enough

The Chinese are crawling around in lots of nooks and crannies in our online infrastructure, as are the Russians and even our allies... and they do this to all kinds of people

But they pay especially close attention to VIPs... and Hillary, unfortunately, has been a VIP since the 1990s

If you had exactly ZERO information about Hillary’s online activities, you could say that the Chinese have been reading her email since the days of AOL and there’s a 80% chance you’d be correct

Anyone who is not at least at the “probably” stage on this is just blindly defending her

:nod:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:If the Chinese were crawling around in her server, we’ll know soon enough

The Chinese are crawling around in lots of nooks and crannies in our online infrastructure, as are the Russians and even our allies... and they do this to all kinds of people

But they pay especially close attention to VIPs... and Hillary, unfortunately, has been a VIP since the 1990s

If you had exactly ZERO information about Hillary’s online activities, you could say that the Chinese have been reading her email since the days of AOL and there’s a 80% chance you’d be correct

Anyone who is not at least at the “probably” stage on this is just blindly defending her

If there was anything even close to Justice left in this Republic of ours
Both Clinton and President Trump would be on their way to jail

But there is only justice for "everybody else" in our deflated Republic

See: Level Playing Field
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:If the Chinese were crawling around in her server, we’ll know soon enough

If there was anything even close to Justice left in this Republic of ours
Both Clinton and President Trump would be on their way to jail

But there is only justice for "everybody else" in our deflated Republic

See: Level Playing Field
Hey, I’m pretty much over Hillary - she’s finished except for three or four more books... and shilling for Chelsea’s PAC when it becomes Her Turn

(And you’re correct)

But one thing that peeves me is the complete lack of common sense when it comes to these idiots defending her activities while she was at State. It is pretty much obvious that she has her own cult just as Trump has his

On a related note, CBS is giving a platform to that Reality Winner chick after she got 5 years in the clink for being a traitor and violating her oath...
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Key word is deliberate. She laid down a smokestream of bullsh!t to cover her tracks. Anyone who believes it wasn't deliberate is naive or a member of her cult.

Trump's corruption is bungling and public while Hillary's is insidious and covert. Change my mind.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I'm the Captain of the HHS Bounty!

Fvck that cvnt!!!
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

mainejeff2 wrote:
UNI88 wrote:Key word is deliberate. She laid down a smokestream of bullsh!t to cover her tracks. Anyone who believes it wasn't deliberate is naive or a member of her cult.

Trump's corruption is bungling and public while Hillary's is insidious and covert. Change my mind.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
You wouldn't believe in any proof if Sean Hannity presented it to you. :nod:

You have HHS (Hillary Hate Syndrome).

:coffee:
Proof of what?

I would consider proof of Hillary's innocence but I seriously doubt there is any. She got away with it not because she didn't do it but because they couldn't find proof that it was deliberate. Intent isn't supposed to be a consideration for what she did. I believe CID and Ibanez when they say that they would be fired if they did what she did. She is being held to a different standard because of her influence.

I will freely admit that I don't like Hillary but I don't hate her. Hate will eat you up inside and it's best to just let it go.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

"38 people cited for violations in Clinton email probe

The investigation, launched more than three years ago, determined that those 38 people were "culpable" in 91 cases of sending classified information that ended up in Clinton's personal email, according to a letter sent to Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley this week. The 38 are current and former State Department officials but were not identified.

The investigation covered 33,000 emails that Clinton turned over for review after her use of the private email account became public. The department said it found a total of 588 violations involving information then or now deemed to be classified, but could not assign fault in 497 cases.

For current and former officials, culpability means the violations will be noted in their files and will be considered when they apply for or go to renew security clearances. For current officials, there could also be some kind of disciplinary action. But it wasn't immediately clear what that would be...."
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/1 ... dKhKqwSS09
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Old and busted: Clinton staff didn’t mishandle classified

New hotness: Clinton staff didn’t INTENTIONALLY mishandle classified

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:Old and busted: Clinton staff didn’t mishandle classified

I'm still waiting for anything...
Trumps been cracking the whip to get her for 2 years

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Old and busted: Clinton staff didn’t mishandle classified

I'm still waiting for anything...
Trumps been cracking the whip to get her for 2 years

I know what Trump says

But I haven’t seen or heard of any additional push to dig up anything additional to the original FOIA response. None of my friends in positions to know have heard anything either

It is as if things came to a halt once Trump was elected

I think the IG may have looked at it but the problem is that there is a tranche of communications that State cannot access, nor can any other agency- those emails never passed through government systems

I think Clinton’s private server effectively served its purposr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk