Election Day 2013

Political discussions
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Election Day 2013

Post by clenz »

Cedar Falls re-elected the Dane douche mayor for the 15th term.

Hasn't had an opponent on the ballot in life the last 10 elections but everyone bitches non stop about him.

The write in guy would have been my choice. He wanted to be a part time pay mayor to reinvest money into the city, and if they wouldn't do that he'd give half his salary back. He sees the problems on CF but since he wasn't iv the ballot he got boat raced

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

grizzaholic wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:
No you don't, cock cobbler. :thumb:
umm..yes I do. You are a liberal and vote party lines...it doesn't mean we can't be friends. I hang with Ursus, and we all know how he is.
Funny, I don't recall ever showing you my ballots. Congrats on your pyschic powers, I guess. :coffee:
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

Grizalltheway wrote:
grizzaholic wrote:
umm..yes I do. You are a liberal and vote party lines...it doesn't mean we can't be friends. I hang with Ursus, and we all know how he is.
Funny, I don't recall ever showing you my ballots. Congrats on your pyschic powers, I guess. :coffee:
:thumb:
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote:Voted against a measure to lower taxes, not because I want high taxes but becauase the Republicans offered to alternative as to where the difference would come from. Also, there is substantial growth occuring in my county and with all the proposals to ease traffic, improve schools, hire more teachers and LE, etc.. it seems unwise to cut costs. If there was a plan put forth that said the difference would be made up by savings from X, Y, and Z then I may have voted to approve.

The exact issue is a 1% Sales Tax increase. Most of the money would be used to lower property taxes. The best part of this: both county Democrat and Republican parties oppose it. :lol:

That's the issue many times with lowering taxes. Generaly, Republicans want to lower taxes and then bitch about not having money for more LE or schools or roads. :ohno:
Wait, at the top of your post you said you voted against lowering taxes.

Then you said the issue is a 1% sales tax INCREASE. So you voted for the sales tax increase? If that's the case, didn't you vote to raise taxes?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Re: Election Day 2017

Post by ∞∞∞ »

4 years later...wondering if results will stay purple-blue. Or turn more blue (at least for statewide races).

Turnout in Northern Virginia and the urban crescent is a bit higher than 2013 according to election boards, but I haven't seen any numbers for rural Virginia yet.