CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: DOJ Memo on Marijuana Use

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
89Hen wrote:An interesting read if you have time, and is pretty close to my stance on this...

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2019 ... f=hp-1-111
The United States Department of Justice doesn't seem to care anymore... with Sessions out
Each state should do whatever the residents of that state see fit to do

1998 Washington State legalized Medical use
2003 they Decriminalized it
2011 they legalized it (effectively)
2013 they accepted growers licenses

It's a crop now in Washington... with Farmers Organizations and the whole shebang
This might be a retirement plan for me - if NC legalizes within the next ten years I'd be sitting pretty to retire and head back to the farm and grow some of that KIND BUD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
The United States Department of Justice doesn't seem to care anymore... with Sessions out

It's a crop now in Washington... with Farmers Organizations and the whole shebang
This might be a retirement plan for me - if NC legalizes within the next ten years I'd be sitting pretty to retire and head back to the farm and grow some of that KIND BUD

At one point Washington State had what amounted to a "How to" book on regulations and next steps
in the process of converting crops on small plots, water rights management / preferred affordable full spectrum lighting / Soil and nutrient requirements / packaging and handling requirements / right down to best practices on security and working with your local law enforcement teams

:nod:

Basically how to build and run a marijuana farm in full state compliance
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Hemp legalization will be a boon for MT. Apparently we were already the #2 producer just behind Colorado.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Grizalltheway wrote:Hemp legalization will be a boon for MT. Apparently we were already the #2 producer just behind Colorado.
I'm going to bring in Cheech Marin as a consultant and then CO and MT will be numbers 2 and 3 behind ME.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

CID1990 wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:Hemp legalization will be a boon for MT. Apparently we were already the #2 producer just behind Colorado.
I'm going to bring in Cheech Marin as a consultant and then CO and MT will be numbers 2 and 3 behind ME.
I doubt it. You'll be "quality testing" your crop too much to turn a profit.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

And, it's industrial hemp. :lol: I think Cheech would know better...
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Grizalltheway wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
I doubt it. You'll be "quality testing" your crop too much to turn a profit.
What the hell is wrong with that?
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

CID1990 wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: I doubt it. You'll be "quality testing" your crop too much to turn a profit.
What the hell is wrong with that?
Give me a minute...I'll think of something...
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

My friends in CA say the money is in edibles. Everybody here in IL takes it as given that legalization will pass ASAP.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

My friends in CA say the money is in edibles. Everybody here in IL takes it as given that legalization will pass ASAP.
I’m (literally) banking on it. Just sunk a bunch of money into some pot stocks that should explode when full legalization occurs...18-36 months is my projection....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
I’m (literally) banking on it. Just sunk a bunch of money into some pot stocks that should explode when full legalization occurs...18-36 months is my projection....
Which ones? I'm in Aurora right now.

Edit: Check that. Just sold it. :lol: In at $5.05 on Tuesday and out at $5.67 today.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Aurora as well. In at 5.10 and holding. :nod: :nod:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

KSHB moves around but if you can get in at $5.00 - ish you'll double your money in 12 months pretty easily
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Chizzang wrote:KSHB moves around but if you can get in at $5.00 - ish you'll double your money in 12 months pretty easily
It should be around $12 by this time next year
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:
Chizzang wrote:KSHB moves around but if you can get in at $5.00 - ish you'll double your money in 12 months pretty easily
It should be around $12 by this time next year
Just sold some....got in at $4.80, sold at $6.37. :nod: :nod:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
What about the federales? Will they make it hard for banks to work with weed businesses?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
What about the federales? Will they make it hard for banks to work with weed businesses?
Already do. As a financial institution always looking for the next big chunk of deposits, we’re REALLY hoping they lighten the fuck up on that, too. There’s literally hundreds of millions of dollars out there being “unbanked” and banks/credit unions are desperate for deposits. Obviously once it’s legalized the issues will largely go away, but right now they are NOT friendly to any financial institution trying to provide banking services to weed shops/growers/providers, etc.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Already do. As a financial institution always looking for the next big chunk of deposits, we’re REALLY hoping they lighten the **** up on that, too. There’s literally hundreds of millions of dollars out there being “unbanked” and banks/credit unions are desperate for deposits. Obviously once it’s legalized the issues will largely go away, but right now they are NOT friendly to any financial institution trying to provide banking services to weed shops/growers/providers, etc.
So why aren't the banking lobbyists buying the right legislation? What happens to them if the weed industry finds a work around? Like starting their own credit union?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Already do. As a financial institution always looking for the next big chunk of deposits, we’re REALLY hoping they lighten the **** up on that, too. There’s literally hundreds of millions of dollars out there being “unbanked” and banks/credit unions are desperate for deposits. Obviously once it’s legalized the issues will largely go away, but right now they are NOT friendly to any financial institution trying to provide banking services to weed shops/growers/providers, etc.
So why aren't the banking lobbyists buying the right legislation? What happens to them if the weed industry finds a work around? Like starting their own credit union?
Until its legal it's a moot point. And starting their own CU is entirely within the realm of possibility, once its legalized. Even the NCUA won't touch them at this point. We (as a CU with several branches in Colorado) are actively seeking a way to serve them....lots of $$ sitting out there in cookie jars. :nod: :nod: :nod:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Edit: Check that. Just sold it. :lol: In at $5.05 on Tuesday and out at $5.67 today.
Aurora at 6.40 today bro (up 8%)... :nod: :nod:
KSHB @ 7.01, up 3.25% today. :nod: :nod:

I bought a bunch of these yesterday... :nod: :nod:

My portfolio is up 21.6% in about 10 days. :coffee: :coffee:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

AZGrizFan wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Which ones? I'm in Aurora right now.

:lol: :lol: F me running. :lol: :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

:lol: :lol: F me running. :lol: :lol:
No guts no glory, bro. :coffee: :coffee:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

89Hen wrote:The question was asked why we would still have smugglers if pot were legal... because there will still be a demand for cheaper and unregulated products, just like there is for other products now.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/ca ... ot-sellers
...thousands of illegal unlicensed retailers have been operating in the state.

Licensed sellers, who have to pay state and local taxes, said unlicensed shops are undercutting them. In May, the California Minority Alliance, a marijuana retailer group, threatened to sue Los Angeles over the alleged lack of enforcement, Marijuana Business Daily reported.

“Unlicensed shops have been a public nuisance and pose a critical public safety issue to the residents of South Los Angeles,” the group wrote in a letter to the city. “The lack of enforcement has turned safe communities into havens for illicit activity encouraging the proliferation of unlawful cannabis operations.”
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

89Hen wrote:
89Hen wrote:The question was asked why we would still have smugglers if pot were legal... because there will still be a demand for cheaper and unregulated products, just like there is for other products now.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/ca ... ot-sellers
...thousands of illegal unlicensed retailers have been operating in the state.

Licensed sellers, who have to pay state and local taxes, said unlicensed shops are undercutting them. In May, the California Minority Alliance, a marijuana retailer group, threatened to sue Los Angeles over the alleged lack of enforcement, Marijuana Business Daily reported.

“Unlicensed shops have been a public nuisance and pose a critical public safety issue to the residents of South Los Angeles,” the group wrote in a letter to the city. “The lack of enforcement has turned safe communities into havens for illicit activity encouraging the proliferation of unlawful cannabis operations.”
There are illegal markets for plenty of otherwise legal goods. I'm not sure why you're patting yourself on the back here.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Skjellyfetti wrote:There are illegal markets for plenty of otherwise legal goods. I'm not sure why you're patting yourself on the back here.
Because
Grizalltheway wrote:Pot prices are expected to plummet once it's legalized and regulated. State run pot shops will be the cheapest place to buy the highest quality stuff. :nod: