Genl Robert E. Lee
Confederate States of America
OL FU
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Furman

Re: April is Confederate History Month

Post by OL FU »

You know dog, I'm thinking you may need to add this one to your siggie.
I can't take up my musket and fight 'em now no more,
But I ain't a'gonna love 'em, now that's for sartain sure!
I do not want no pardon for what I was and am,
And I won't be reconstructed, and I do not care a damn!
citdog
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: THE Citadel
A.K.A.: Pres.Jefferson Davis

Post by citdog »

So you think you know what a Confederate Flag looks like? Here are a few you probably haven't seen before.
12th Tenn Cavalry "Fortune Favors the Bold"

12th Missouri

3rd Florida Infantry

6th Texas Infantry

1st Florida Artillery "The Rights of the South at All Hazards"

Lt Genl Leonidas K Polk's Flag Genl Polk was also the Bishop of Louisiana

Flag of the South Carolina Corps of Cadets

8th Arkansas Infantry "Hardee Pattern Flag"
"Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language"
"Save in defense of my native State I hope to never again draw my sword"
Genl Robert E. Lee
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

citdog wrote:8th Arkansas Infantry "Hardee Pattern Flag"
That is one tasty flag.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
citdog
Level3
Level3

Post by citdog »

93henfan wrote:
citdog wrote:8th Arkansas Infantry "Hardee Pattern Flag"
That is one tasty flag.

this Hardee
Genl Robert E. Lee
citdog
Level3
Level3

Post by citdog »

President Davis and our White House.

[youtube][/youtube]
Genl Robert E. Lee
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana, WCU & FCS
A.K.A.: Rehab-aholic

Post by Appaholic »

citdog wrote:The day the War was lost

[youtube][/youtube]
So, you essentially lost the war because some dumbass didn't know the password? Between that and leaving orders rolled up with cigars, did ya'll really even have a chance? Ya'll should've elected McClellan president as he did as much to keep you in the first 2 years of the war as any Southern general.... :coffee:
http://www.takeahikewnc.com

“It’s like someone found a manic, doom-prophesying hobo in a sandwich board, shaved him, shot him full of Zoloft and gave him a show.” - The Buffalo Beast commenting on Glenn Beck

Consume. Watch TV. Be Silent. Work. Die.
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Appaholic »

[youtube][/youtube]
No wonder Lee was crying in this clip...

Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson: Lovers?
http://cwmemory.com/2007/03/15/robert-e ... on-lovers/

“It’s like someone found a manic, doom-prophesying hobo in a sandwich board, shaved him, shot him full of Zoloft and gave him a show.” - The Buffalo Beast commenting on Glenn Beck

citdog
Level3
Level3

Post by citdog »

Appaholic wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]
So, you essentially lost the war because some dumbass didn't know the password? Between that and leaving orders rolled up with cigars, did ya'll really even have a chance? Ya'll should've elected McClellan president as he did as much to keep you in the first 2 years of the war as any Southern general.... :coffee:
Appa when an army of 60,000 UTTERLY ROUTS an army of 134,000 like the Army of Northern Virginia did at Chancellorsville there is bound to be some difficulty in pursuing the beaten enemy. Genl Jackson's wounding and death was a blow from which it was impossible to recover. Jackson would not have left the yankees on that hill at Gettysburg after the first day. With Jackson we win that battle and probably the War before 1 Aug 1863.

Genl McClellan's army could not defeat Lee even knowing all of his plans. Lee stood an entire day at Sharpsburg and invited him to attack. No advance was made. now in 1864 I was a McClellan Man!
Genl Robert E. Lee
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Appaholic »

citdog wrote:
Appaholic wrote:
Appa when an army of 60,000 UTTERLY ROUTS an army of 134,000 like the Army of Northern Virginia did at Chancellorsville there is bound to be some difficulty in pursuing the beaten enemy. Genl Jackson's wounding and death was a blow from which it was impossible to recover. Jackson would not have left the yankees on that hill at Gettysburg after the first day. With Jackson we win that battle and probably the War before 1 Aug 1863.

Genl McClellan's army could not defeat Lee even knowing all of his plans. Lee stood an entire day at Sharpsburg and invited him to attack. No advance was made. now in 1864 I was a McClellan Man!
That explains it...I thought the South lost because Lee was felching Jackson and God disapproved, striking down both Jackson and the confederacy....

citdog
Level3
Level3

Post by citdog »

Appaholic wrote:
citdog wrote:

That explains it...I thought the South lost because Lee was felching Jackson and God disapproved, striking down both Jackson and the confederacy....
I think you have Genl's Lee and Jackson confused with union genl james wilson. wilson, like you, was no stranger to having things up his ass.
Genl Robert E. Lee
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

citdog wrote: I think you have Genl's Lee and Jackson confused with union genl james wilson. wilson, like you, was no stranger to having things up his ass.
Wasn't Jeff Davis captured in women's clothing?

One of your idols was a tranny. You and Superhornet should be buds.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
citdog
Level3
Level3

Post by citdog »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
citdog wrote: I think you have Genl's Lee and Jackson confused with union genl james wilson. wilson, like you, was no stranger to having things up his ass.

President Davis was not captured in drag. What you do not know would fill volumes. Your ignorance on all subjects is just astounding. I feel very sorry for your mother. She should have coathangered you.
Genl Robert E. Lee
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Appaholic »

:lol: Jeff Davis - your CSA president and a felching gaywad to boot..... :rofl:

citdog
Level3
Level3

Post by citdog »

beating plowshares into swords

[youtube][/youtube]
Genl Robert E. Lee
mrklean
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern Uni.

Post by mrklean »

citdog wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:

President Davis was not captured in drag. What you do not know would fill volumes. Your ignorance on all subjects is just astounding. I feel very sorry for your mother. She should have coathangered you.
He is a HOMO.......SIR!!!!
ImageImage
FROM DA DURTY SOUTH!
citdog
Level3
Level3

Post by citdog »

mrklean wrote:
citdog wrote:
and you would know. kleany on georgia southern track team

Genl Robert E. Lee
citdog
Level3
Level3

Post by citdog »

Irish Born General Patrick Cleburne "Let us die like Men".

[youtube][/youtube]

Cleburne and Brown's attack at Franklin. Tenn. Twice as long as Pickett's attack at Gettysburg. Death of Genl. Cleburne.

[youtube][/youtube]
Genl Robert E. Lee
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

citdog wrote:Irish Born General Patrick Cleburne "Let us die like Men".

[youtube][/youtube]

Cleburne and Brown's attack at Franklin. Tenn. Twice as long as Pickett's attack at Gettysburg. Death of Genl. Cleburne.

[youtube][/youtube]
Didn't really die like men - it was a slaughter. You'd had thought that that late in the war, after seeing numerous examples of why you don't frontally assault fortified positions (Fredricksburg, Gettysburg, Cold Harbor, etc) that they would've come up with another idea. I know the war was lost well before Franklin, but that assault, coupled with the ridiculous attempt to siege Nashville right afterwards (the equivalent of a wobbly boxer stumbling forward to walk into the knockout blow from the opponent) did much to tar Hood's war record. Certainly had plenty of initiative, but bravely ordering men to their certain death with no hopes of victory isn't terribly honorable.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
citdog
Level3
Level3

Post by citdog »

GannonFan wrote:
citdog wrote:Irish Born General Patrick Cleburne "Let us die like Men".

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
Didn't really die like men - it was a slaughter. You'd had thought that that late in the war, after seeing numerous examples of why you don't frontally assault fortified positions (Fredricksburg, Gettysburg, Cold Harbor, etc) that they would've come up with another idea. I know the war was lost well before Franklin, but that assault, coupled with the ridiculous attempt to siege Nashville right afterwards (the equivalent of a wobbly boxer stumbling forward to walk into the knockout blow from the opponent) did much to tar Hood's war record. Certainly had plenty of initiative, but bravely ordering men to their certain death with no hopes of victory isn't terribly honorable.
It was a desperate time and Genl Hood was put in command by President Davis to fight. The morale of the Army of Tennessee had been weakened by the tactics of Genl Johnston and his retreat from Chattanooga to Atlanta. While Johnston defeated Sherman when they fought, Ringgold Gap, Kennesaw Mtn, Resaca , Tunnel Hill etc, Sherman always flanked Johnston out of the strong defensive positions that he took. Hood was given command when it no longer was possible to save Atlanta even though it took Sherman more than 40 days to finally cut the Decatur road and force Hood out of Atlanta. Any retrograde movement by the Army of Tennessee from Atlanta would have probably have destroyed it. The men were in good spirits as many of them were marching to defend their own homes in Tennessee. The assault at Franklin was Hood at his most aggressive. He should have bagged the whole lot of the yankee invader at Spring Hill and Hood and everyone else knew it. The Confederate Soldier at Franklin, Tennessee was MAGNIFICENT. He performed like he always performed. He took his orders and said to the devil with the odds and he fought for what God gave him the ability to see as right and he drove the yankees from the field. That is HEROIC and no matter how hard those like you, who hate him because man for man he was BETTER than you, try and tear him down his fame and good name are secure for US to pass down to our Sons. It is no wonder you yankees have chosen to forget. If members of my family committed the vile outrages upon decency and humanity that yours did.....I'd want to forget too.

Genl John Bell Hood at Gaines's Mill

Genl Hood's coat and sword

Life and wounds of Genl Hood
http://longstreet.org/Hood.htm
Genl Robert E. Lee
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Appaholic »

citdog wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
It was a desperate time and Genl Hood was put in command by President Davis to fight. The morale of the Army of Tennessee had been weakened by the tactics of Genl Johnston and his retreat from Chattanooga to Atlanta. While Johnston defeated Sherman when they fought, Ringgold Gap, Kennesaw Mtn, Resaca , Tunnel Hill etc, Sherman always flanked Johnston out of the strong defensive positions that he took. Hood was given command when it no longer was possible to save Atlanta even though it took Sherman more than 40 days to finally cut the Decatur road and force Hood out of Atlanta. Any retrograde movement by the Army of Tennessee from Atlanta would have probably have destroyed it. The men were in good spirits as many of them were marching to defend their own homes in Tennessee. The assault at Franklin was Hood at his most aggressive. He should have bagged the whole lot of the yankee invader at Spring Hill and Hood and everyone else knew it. The Confederate Soldier at Franklin, Tennessee was MAGNIFICENT. He performed like he always performed. He took his orders and said to the devil with the odds and he fought for what God gave him the ability to see as right and he drove the yankees from the field. That is HEROIC and no matter how hard those like you, who hate him because man for man he was BETTER than you, try and tear him down his fame and good name are secure for US to pass down to our Sons. It is no wonder you yankees have chosen to forget. If members of my family committed the vile outrages upon decency and humanity that yours did.....I'd want to forget too.

Genl John Bell Hood at Gaines's Mill

Genl Hood's coat and sword

Life and wounds of Genl Hood
http://longstreet.org/Hood.htm
You sure Hood wasn't just trying to impress some girl who wouldn't give him the time of day? :geek:

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Levon Helm as John Bell Hood in Into the Electric Mist:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
citdog
Level3
Level3

Post by citdog »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Levon Helm as John Bell Hood in Into the Electric Mist:
Genl Hood, by the time he was appointed to replace Genl Johnston, had lost the use of his right arm and had his leg amputated due to wounds received leading the famous Texas Brigade. They had to strap him into the saddle so he could ride. He was personally brave to a fault and earned his nom de guerre "The Gallant Hood". Appa I have read in Mary Chestnut's diary that there was a young woman that Hood courted while he was recuperating in Richmond from his Gettysburg wound but it is difficult to say that's why he ordered the attack at Franklin. I think the Spring Hill affair is what lead to Franklin.
Genl Robert E. Lee
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

citdog wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Levon Helm as John Bell Hood in Into the Electric Mist:
Genl Hood, by the time he was appointed to replace Genl Johnston, had lost the use of his right arm and had his leg amputated due to wounds received leading the famous Texas Brigade. They had to strap him into the saddle so he could ride. He was personally brave to a fault and earned his nom de guerre "The Gallant Hood". Appa I have read in Mary Chestnut's diary that there was a young woman that Hood courted while he was recuperating in Richmond from his Gettysburg wound but it is difficult to say that's why he ordered the attack at Franklin. I think the Spring Hill affair is what lead to Franklin.
Conventional wisdom (and when I saw conventional wisdom, I mean people like Shelby Foote and Bruce Catton) relates that Hood was upset over Spring Hill and Franklin was his attempt to 'put the iron' to the army for the earlier reticence. It was a brave moment but it was also a petulant one. Hood was a fighter, and his bravery has never been in question, but at Franklin he was channeling Grant at Cold Harbor.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
mrklean
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern Uni.

Post by mrklean »

citdog wrote:
mrklean wrote:
and you would know. kleany on georgia southern track team

Goergia Southern Does not have a Men's Track Team............................lol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
ImageImage
FROM DA DURTY SOUTH!