Is Slick Willy hurting Hillary's Campaign?

Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Is Slick Willy hurting Hillary's Campaign?

Post by Ibanez »

I think the man is acting unbecoming of an elder statesman. The Clinton's will say anything to get elected and the facts speak for themselves. Hilary doesn't give a rats ass about us. She says she'll straighten out the healthcare companies and oil companies...PUH-LEASE! She isn't going to bite the hand that feeds. Her campaign and it's practices are what many call "dirty politics" and are the same politics she claims to want to avoid. They are the same politics she has blamed the Republicans for. Bill is ruining his name which in turn will hurt his companies like CGI. The "Good Cop, Bad Cop" strategy has been uncovered. Bubba, you aren't fooling anyone. It's a smart move to have your husband, a respected former President stump for you, but his tactics are damaging. What happens if(hopefully when) Hillary loses? Your dirty campainging could cost you MILLIONS!

That's just my POV.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008 ... gfest.html
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Re: Is Slick Willy hurting Hillary's Campaign?

Post by Col Hogan »

There are people who still love him so much (read "Blind") that he can't hurt his wife's campaign...only help...

Then there are those who hate Hillary so much (read "Blind") that he can't hurt the campaign any more there...

But, I do think he's hurting with the undecided...the middle ground that either side needs to win in November...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
BigApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Appalachian
A.K.A.: Thread Killer

Post by BigApp »

Mark, you seem surprised by his act. Why?
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

ImageImage

Follow Barack Obama's Teleprompter Blog http://baracksteleprompter.blogspot.com/
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

BigApp wrote:Mark, you seem surprised by his act. Why?
No shit. This is the same slick willy we've gotten for the past 15 years. :roll:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
MrTitleist
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by MrTitleist »

Is it wrong if I don't vote for anyone for president this year? Clinton can't be trusted further than you can throw her. I think she's probably less trustworthy than her husband.

Obama doesn't seem like a terribly trustworthy guy, and appears to be butt-hurt by about everything.

McCain seems like he'd be my choice, but his chances of fighting off Romney could be slim. Romney, IMO, would be a horrible president.

But like Mancow this morning said, the democrats couldn't coordinate a two car funeral procession, so there's nothing saying that they can win this election when the path is pretty much mapped out for them.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

I'm not surprised. What amazes is me is that people see nothing wrong with this. For Example, Krista's parents were going to vote for Hillary. After I educated her father and he saw the debate Monday night, he hates Hillary. Her mother, a know it all and bleeding heart liberal, see's nothing wrong even when I proved Hillary wrong.
BigApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Appalachian
A.K.A.: Thread Killer

Post by BigApp »

MrTitleist wrote:Is it wrong if I don't vote for anyone for president this year?
IMHO, you should vote. Even if you don't like the candidates, vote. Write-in your own name (I've done that several times) or mine if you need to, but vote
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

ImageImage

Follow Barack Obama's Teleprompter Blog http://baracksteleprompter.blogspot.com/
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

If you don't vote, youhave noright to bitch and moan about the President because you failed to vote for someone else.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

MarkCCU wrote:I'm not surprised. What amazes is me is that people see nothing wrong with this. For Example, Krista's parents were going to vote for Hillary. After I educated her father and he saw the debate Monday night, he hates Hillary. Her mother, a know it all and bleeding heart liberal, see's nothing wrong even when I proved Hillary wrong.
Again, you seem surprised that a bleeding heart liberal wouldn't agree with logic, Mark? :?: :?:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
MarkCCU wrote:I'm not surprised. What amazes is me is that people see nothing wrong with this. For Example, Krista's parents were going to vote for Hillary. After I educated her father and he saw the debate Monday night, he hates Hillary. Her mother, a know it all and bleeding heart liberal, see's nothing wrong even when I proved Hillary wrong.
Again, you seem surprised that a bleeding heart liberal wouldn't agree with logic, Mark? :?: :?:
I'm not surprised...more amazed, bewildered, sadden...
MrTitleist
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by MrTitleist »

MarkCCU wrote:If you don't vote, youhave noright to bitch and moan about the President because you failed to vote for someone else.
I find your quote hilarious. So many people bitch about the job at Bush is doing, blah blah blah.. but only 56%'ish of the nation turned out to vote in the last election. If they really cared.. they'd have voted.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

It's true. If you really cared, you would've taken the time to educate yourself and vote.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

I was listening this morning to a political Podcast I subscribe to, and even the Liberal on the panel felt Bill Clinton is causing a backlash against Hillary...

The general feeling, from panelists on both side of the spectrum, is that Bill still has strong appeal to the vocal hard core liberal base, and he's there to shore it up...but is hurting with the more moderate and independent potential voters...

Sux to be Bill, I guess...... :roll:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ann Coulter announced she'd vote for Hilliary over John.
swaghook
I am a fan of: NDSU Bison

Post by swaghook »

MarkCCU wrote:Ann Coulter announced she'd vote for Hilliary over John.
She is a whack who unlike Rush(another whack job) won't eat crow and change her tune regarding McCain. I was flipping thru the radio dial an caught Rush eating crow and stating he could get behind a McCain candidacy. The far right that listen to Rush and those like him are never going to vote for anyone on the left so Ann Coulter can spew what ever she wants to spew. Those listening to her will still pull the lever for the canidate on the right.

Talk radio would be better off with out the extreme right or left sided talking heads.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

What? I heard last week that Rush was anti-McCain? What caused him to change his tune?
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Many Republicans seem to think that letting a Dem win in the fall is preferable to letting McCain win. They think a Hillary Presidency will allow them to retake the House in 2010, and purge the party of "libruls"
:thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

dbackjon wrote:Many Republicans seem to think that letting a Dem win in the fall is preferable to letting McCain win. They think a Hillary Presidency will allow them to retake the House in 2010, and purge the party of "libruls"
I agree with you on that. It's very discerning to hear them play these political games.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote:Many Republicans seem to think that letting a Dem win in the fall is preferable to letting McCain win. They think a Hillary Presidency will allow them to retake the House in 2010, and purge the party of "libruls"
This Republican thinks that's assinine. I know of NO Republicans who feel that way. I'd rather have Mussolini than the Hildabeast in office.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote:
This Republican thinks that's assinine. I know of NO Republicans who feel that way. I'd rather have Mussolini than the Hildabeast in office.
From a right-wing Republican site...
:thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: This Republican thinks that's assinine. I know of NO Republicans who feel that way. I'd rather have Mussolini than the Hildabeast in office.
From a right-wing Republican site...
I don't agree, but damn that's funny!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana, WCU & FCS
A.K.A.: Rehab-aholic

Post by Appaholic »

MarkCCU wrote:It's true. If you really cared, you would've taken the time to educate yourself and vote.
That's the problem.....too many people don't take the time to educate themselves and still vote based upo bumper sticker issues.......I know this sounds un-american, but if you are not going to educate yourself on the issues, I don't want you voting.....part of the problem with our current system is the partisan voting system.....allows majority of the people to remain ignorant and vote for a candidate with an "R" of "D" beside their name...... :puppy:
http://www.takeahikewnc.com

“It’s like someone found a manic, doom-prophesying hobo in a sandwich board, shaved him, shot him full of Zoloft and gave him a show.” - The Buffalo Beast commenting on Glenn Beck

Consume. Watch TV. Be Silent. Work. Die.
BlueHen86
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: The McManus Brothers
A.K.A.: Duffman

Post by BlueHen86 »

Appaholic wrote: That's the problem.....too many people don't take the time to educate themselves and still vote based upo bumper sticker issues.......I know this sounds un-american, but if you are not going to educate yourself on the issues, I don't want you voting.....part of the problem with our current system is the partisan voting system.....allows majority of the people to remain ignorant and vote for a candidate with an "R" of "D" beside their name...... :puppy:
I agree.