Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Blue Wave 2018

Post by houndawg »

Col Hogan wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
That's it.

They just shut down the pony express, bro. :ohno: :ohno: :tothehand: :tothehand: :suspicious:
He won the wager on a technicality...our candidate still won, so the only tears here in Texas were from the liberals...

:coffee: :coffee:

:bananahump:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Pelosi nominated Speaker of the House
House Democrats voted overwhelmingly Wednesday to nominate Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to the Speakership in a 203-32 vote.

The outcome was no surprise despite an entrenched rebellion from insurgent lawmakers who want changes to Democratic leadership. Pelosi was running uncontested and enjoys widespread support within the liberal-heavy caucus she’s led since 2003.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4186 ... as-speaker

I thought it would be much closer than what it was. Maybe the Democrats are more united than I thought. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote:Boy, donks have gone full fucking retard in this thread. JSO, analjelly, dback...you boys might want to take the next couple of plays off...

Baldy is ripping the tits off this thread...and the donks.
Only to the willfully ignorant is Baldy ripping anything.

He is in deep denial that he lives in the BANANA Republic of Georgia. Shameful that so many so-called patriots in the GOP like you all are so anti Democracy.
:thumb:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:Boy, donks have gone full **** retard in this thread. JSO, analjelly, dback...you boys might want to take the next couple of plays off...

He is in deep denial that he lives in the BANANA Republic of Georgia. Shameful that so many so-called patriots in the GOP like you all are so anti Democracy.
Jon, why are you so critical of Georgia but let the BANANA Republic of your home state of Illinois off the hook?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Winterborn wrote:Pelosi nominated Speaker of the House
House Democrats voted overwhelmingly Wednesday to nominate Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to the Speakership in a 203-32 vote.

The outcome was no surprise despite an entrenched rebellion from insurgent lawmakers who want changes to Democratic leadership. Pelosi was running uncontested and enjoys widespread support within the liberal-heavy caucus she’s led since 2003.

I thought it would be much closer than what it was. Maybe the Democrats are more united than I thought. :coffee:
Any comment, CID?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

He's just going to say it played out exactly as he predicted. And pretend like he never said she doesn't have the votes.

203-32
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
Winterborn wrote:Pelosi nominated Speaker of the House

Any comment, CID?
I underestimated Pelosi - she even got Occasional Cortex on her side

The holdouts against Pelosi turned out to not be very good at rebellions ....

But there was certainly a challenge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:He's just going to say it played out exactly as he predicted. And pretend like he never said she doesn't have the votes.

203-32
Why would I pretend that?

I said she doesn't have the votes.

She got them, good on her

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

dbackjon wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:Boy, donks have gone full fucking retard in this thread. JSO, analjelly, dback...you boys might want to take the next couple of plays off...

I Darryl Dawkinsed your ass, and this is the best you can come up with?

Banana Republic? You're wasting my time... :coffee:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

CID1990 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Any comment, CID?

It probably failed because fomenting a rebellion is hard work and unlike just talking about one.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:He's just going to say it played out exactly as he predicted. And pretend like he never said she doesn't have the votes.

203-32

Who else had their hat in the ring?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Some interesting exit polling results from 2018, 2016, and 2014:

In the 2016 House elections, Independents voted for Republicans by an estimated 51% to 45%. In the 2018 House elections, Independents voted for Democrats by an estimated 54% to 42%.

In the 2016 House elections, moderates voted for Democrats but only by an estimated 52% to 46%. In the 2018 House elections, moderates voted for Democrats by an estimated 62% to 36%.

In the last midterm elections in 2014 Republicans won Independents by an estimated 54% to 42% and Democrats won among moderates by an estimated 53% to 45%.

The Republicans clearly did a lot worse with the "middle" this time.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

JohnStOnge wrote:Some interesting exit polling results from 2018, 2016, and 2014:

In the 2016 House elections, Independents voted for Republicans by an estimated 51% to 45%. In the 2018 House elections, Independents voted for Democrats by an estimated 54% to 42%.

In the 2016 House elections, moderates voted for Democrats but only by an estimated 52% to 46%. In the 2018 House elections, moderates voted for Democrats by an estimated 62% to 36%.

In the last midterm elections in 2014 Republicans won Independents by an estimated 54% to 42% and Democrats won among moderates by an estimated 53% to 45%.

Yep. It was a first-term mid-term. Go see how they did in 2010.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Who else had their hat in the ring?
Fudge

But she backed out quickly when some dirt on her looked like it would surface

the opposition to Pelosi is disorganized as hell - but there are more than 30 who pledged not to support Pelosi as part of their election campaigns

I suspect several of them have changed their tunes

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

93henfan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Some interesting exit polling results from 2018, 2016, and 2014:

I tried but I get a blank when I google 2010 exit polls.
Could I ever be a star?

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Winterborn wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

It probably failed because fomenting a rebellion is hard work and unlike just talking about one.
Something donks nationwide have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt they're highly allergic to...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

Jon, why are you so critical of Georgia but let the BANANA Republic of your home state of Illinois off the hook?
BANANA Republic? Illinois helps carry the parasite red states. :ohno:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Winterborn wrote:
Something donks nationwide have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt they're highly allergic to...
It isn't that they're allergic - it's just that it's so much easier to ride the BLUE TSUNAMI.. :rofl:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

93henfan wrote:
I don't think there is anything "worse" about 1st term mid terms relative to 2nd term mid terms for the Party of the incumbent President. Not based on what's happened during my lifetime anyway. During my lifetime the party of the incumbent President has done better, on average, during first term mid term House elections than they've done in second term mid term House elections.

As noted earlier my lifetime is late 1957 through present. There have been 16 mid term House elections during that period.

There were 11 1st Presidential term mid term House elections. The average outcome was the Party of the incumbent President losing the popular vote by 4.5 percentage points.

There were 5 2nd Presidential term mid term House elections. The average outcome was the Party of the incumbent President losing the popular vote by 7.4 percentage points.

NO NEED TO READ FURTHER UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE ME EXPLAIN A CATEGORIZATION DECISION AND NOTE THAT IT MADE NO DIFFERENCE TO THE BASIC OUTCOME.

I counted a mid term election as 1st term if it was the first House election of a President's term and it wasn't a Presidential election year. I had to do that to handle Kennedy being assassinated and Nixon getting run out of office. So I counted the 1966 (Johnson Presidency) and 1974 (Ford Presidency) mid terms as 1st term elections even though they were each the second mid term where the same Party held the Presidency for two consecutive terms. However, considering those two as 2nd term mid terms rather than 1st term mid terms wouldn't change the basic picture. Then tit would be the Incumbent President's Party losing 1st term mid terms by an average of 3.9 percentage points and losing 2nd term mid terms by an average of 7.3 percentage points.
Could I ever be a star?

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Winterborn wrote:
....improving the nation.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

CAA Flagship wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
....improving the nation.
Right now it's conservatives who are degrading the nation. Not all of them. But them majority. The Faustian bargain is a bad one.
Could I ever be a star?

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
93henfan wrote:

NO NEED TO READ FURTHER UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE ME EXPLAIN A CATEGORIZATION DECISION AND NOTE THAT IT MADE NO DIFFERENCE TO THE BASIC OUTCOME.
I generally apply this to the first sentence of everything you post
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

I generally apply this to the first sentence of everything you post
:rofl:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-