Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Who are your heroes?

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:38 pm
houndawg wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:24 pm

He must have been from a big city in the north. I never saw a Moroccan with blue eyes, I'm sure they have them, but I lived in the south east near the Algerian border. I did see a Berber woman with red hair and green eyes at a wedding in the Atlas mountains.
Blue-eyed and/or red-haired Moroccans? Probably descended form University of Idaho fans ...
“Came a hoard from the north.”
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:38 pm Blue-eyed and/or red-haired Moroccans? Probably descended form University of Idaho fans ...
“Came a hoard from the north.”
:D I knew you’d get the reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:01 pm Uncle Jack

He’s pushing 90 and I just met him a few years ago. He’s actually my son in laws uncle. Very well groomed and well dressed classy man that lives in the Hamptons and casual CH had to make a showing out on ritzy eastern LI because I was the father of the bride to be.

Anyway, they only thing that I knew about him from my daughter was that he had came to the states from Morocco in the 50s. Kind of curious how he ended up a multi millionaire and still running his own business out in the Hamptons at 88 years of age…..

He told me when he first came he was working nonstop, this was circa 1955.

I said, what do you mean nonstop? like where? Anywhere anything you name it, I wasn’t even sleeping…

I told him you’ve gotta be kidding me… no sleep?

Yes, at first I was working two or three days without sleeping, but I got sick…. and had to slow down meaning I had get some sleep. He was living in Queens and saved up enough money to start his own business. He said by the early 70s New York City crime was so bad that he needed to get out of there and then headed out to the Hamptons.

And then he looked at me with his baby blues and said, It really saddens me as to what this country has become and the fucking President is an idiot……. Before he said that, I already had a great admiration for him, but after he said that, Uncle Jack became my newest hero.
He must have been from a big city in the north. I never saw a Moroccan with blue eyes, I'm sure they have them, but I lived in the south east near the Algerian border. I did see a Berber woman with red hair and green eyes at a wedding in the Atlas mountains.
Not sure on the city but he’s pale white, you would never guess this guy was from Morocco. At the event I was at you almost had to get a number and stand in line to talk to this guy. He’s very popular especially with the ladies. Last year I learned that he and his wife sold their business in the Hamptons because the new building owner jacked the rent up to like $10,000 a month so now he’s just idling away at home and he mentioned to my son-in-law he was talking about going back to Morocco. He’s too old but talking about it won’t hurt him.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:38 pm

Blue-eyed and/or red-haired Moroccans? Probably descended form University of Idaho fans ...
Celts, they were everywhere. I have two grandparents from Switzerland and 100% of my ancestors have some Irish DNA
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 5:53 am

Not sure on the city but he’s pale white, you would never guess this guy was from Morocco. At the event I was at you almost had to get a number and stand in line to talk to this guy. He’s very popular especially with the ladies. Last year I learned that he and his wife sold their business in the Hamptons because the new building owner jacked the rent up to like $10,000 a month so now he’s just idling away at home and he mentioned to my son-in-law he was talking about going back to Morocco. He’s too old but talking about it won’t hurt him.
He's Berber, like most Moroccans - only about 20% of Moroccans are Arab.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:38 pm Blue-eyed and/or red-haired Moroccans? Probably descended form University of Idaho fans ...
Celts, they were everywhere. I have two grandparents from Switzerland and 100% of my ancestors have some Irish DNA
I’d guess Vandal before Celt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:55 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 5:53 am

I’ll take your word on that, honestly when I heard he was originally from Morocco I didn’t know what to expect but I wasn’t really expecting what I saw. I’ll dig more into it.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:11 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:55 am

I’ll take your word on that, honestly when I heard he was originally from Morocco I didn’t know what to expect but I wasn’t really expecting what I saw. I’ll dig more into it.
they're the indigenous tribes of North Africa, predating the Arabs. Different language family and they come in the full spectrum of color from your friend to black, or rather, I have heard heard black folk call themselves Berber. The Arabic spoken in Morocco is different than in the rest of North Africa sort of like how Mexican Spanish is a bit different from the Spanish in Central and South America. The women very often don't wear veils, or didn't in 1969 anyway, look you in the eye, and can haggle like Larry Bird can talk trash.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:31 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:11 pm

they're the indigenous tribes of North Africa, predating the Arabs. Different language family and they come in the full spectrum of color from your friend to black, or rather, I have heard heard black folk call themselves Berber. The Arabic spoken in Morocco is different than in the rest of North Africa sort of like how Mexican Spanish is a bit different from the Spanish in Central and South America. The women very often don't wear veils, or didn't in 1969 anyway, look you in the eye, and can haggle like Larry Bird can talk trash.
Now that’s my speaking from experience kind of a post :clap:

What were you doing in Morocco besides trying to get laid?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:59 am
houndawg wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:31 am

Having crushing burden of my virginity was removed by a young lady from London...

My dad worked at a dam project on the Ziz river near the edge of the Sahara - perfect place to read the copy of Dune that a guy from SanFrancisco gave to me at the marketplace in Ksar-es-Souk - since renamed Errachidia. This guy was on a motorcycle and was on his way to Capetown and I always wondered what became of him
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:19 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:59 am

Having crushing burden of my virginity was removed by a young lady from London...

My dad worked at a dam project on the Ziz river near the edge of the Sahara - perfect place to read the copy of Dune that a guy from SanFrancisco gave to me at the marketplace in Ksar-es-Souk - since renamed Errachidia. This guy was on a motorcycle and was on his way to Capetown and I always wondered what became of him
London Town…. SPM & Wings… play it and the memories will Get Back to where the once belonged

The guy on the motorcycle might have been assassinated in Boliva…. Your story kind of reminded me of loser Che but that was a different continent