FCS Update, Rob Weiss
1. Richmond Spiders at Towson Tigers
Richmond continues their undefeated romp towards the playoffs. CAA gets 4 bids easily, maybe 5 or 6. They should win this game easily, which should lock them into the playoffs with 8 D-I wins.
Richmond Spiders 49 Towson Tigers 7
2. Montana Grizzlies vs. 16. Weber State Wildcats
Big Sky game of the week. If the Griz get through this one, they should win the Big Sky autobid. With 3 losses, Weber really needs to win out to keep their playoff hopes alive. Weber State wins in Missoula are extremely rare.
Montana Grizzlies 45 Weber State Wildcats 35
3. Southern Illinois Salukis at Indiana State Sycamores
Indiana State may have gotten their first win in forever last week, but that won’t change anything tomorrow.
Southern Illinois Salukis 49 Indiana State Sycamores 10
4. Villanova Wildcats
5. William & Mary Tribe at Rhode Island Rams
The Tribe sits in a good spot with just a few weeks left in the season. Only loss on the road to 4. Villanova. Rhode Island’s struggles continue.
William & Mary Tribe 38 Rhode Island Rams 3
6. Elon Phoenix at Wofford Terriers
Rough year for Wofford. This game could get ugly.
Elon Phoenix 45 Wofford Terriers 17
7. South Dakota State Jackrabbits at Youngstown State Penguins
The Jacks are riding high. Undefeated in MVFC play. Something tells me I should think about the upset, but I’ve seen a few SDSU games and can’t pull the trigger.
South Dakota State Jackrabbits 27 Youngstown State Penguins 21
8. New Hampshire Wildcats vs. Northeastern Huskies
Another snoozer in the CAA. So many big games in the CAA that we tend to forget the bottom dwellers. UNH continues to roll.
New Hampshire Wildcats 35 Northeastern Huskies 7
9. Appalachian State Mountaineers at Furman Paladins
Big game in the SoCon. App State looks to stay perfect in the league, while Furman hope to stay in playoff contention. This game could be like the time the guy fell off the horse.
Appalachian State Mountaineers 49 Furman Paladins 24
10. Stephen F Austin Lumberjacks at Texas State Bobcats
Game of the Week in the Southland. SFA looks to knock another contender down while TxSU looks for their piece of the pie. The Jacks are almost there.
Stephen F Austin Lumberjacks 45 Texas State Bobcats 27
11. Northern Iowa Panthers
12. South Carolina State Bulldogs vs. Delaware State Hornets
The Bulldogs continue their run to repeat as MEAC champs. The Hornets don’t slow them down.
South Carolina State Bulldogs 35 Delaware State Hornets 10
13. Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens vs. James Madison Dukes
Based on names alone, you would normally think this would be a good game. Unfortunately JMU has gone winless in the CAA to this point. This is a game that Delaware needs to watch themselves in. JMU has burned me on a few picks, but I still feel like they have something left.
James Madison Dukes 31 Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens 28
14. Central Arkansas Bears at Southeast Louisiana Lions
The Bears continue to be a program to deal with in the SLC.
Central Arkansas Bears 35 Southeast Louisiana Lions 14
15. McNeese State Cowboys at Nicholls State Colonels
Another rough year for the Colonels. Cowboys should have a nice trip home.
McNeese State Cowboys 27 Nicholls State Colonels 7
16. Weber State Wildcats at 2. Montana Grizzlies
See No. 2 Montana Grizzlies
17. Northern Arizona Lumberjacks at Sacramento State Hornets
The Lumberjacks are looking for an at-large bid to the FCS playoffs. One game at a time, Jacks. NAU wins easy as long as they are focused.
Northern Arizona Lumberjacks 28 Sacramento State Hornets 10
18. Cal Poly Mustangs at North Dakota Fighting Sioux
Cal Poly needs to win out to make the playoffs. They get the win this weekend.
Cal Poly Mustangs 27 North Dakota Fighting Sioux 14
19. Massachusetts Minutemen at Maine Black Bears
UMass needs the win to continue their playoff hopes. It’s a tossup in my mind.
Massachusetts Minutemen 14 Maine Black Bears 13
20. Eastern Illinois Panthers at Murray State Racers
Eastern Illinois is in the drivers seat to be the OVC playoff rep. They shouldn’t stumble this week.
Eastern Illinois Panthers 24 Murray State Racers 7
21. Jacksonville State Gamecocks at Austin Peay Governors
I have to admit that I didn’t see JSU losing to Eastern Illinois last week. They should have no problem getting back on track.
Jacksonville State Gamecocks 35 Austin Peay Governors 10
22. Eastern Washington Eagles vs. Portland State Vikings
Fresh off their redemption by the NCAA, EWU is now officially in the playoff hunt. Realistically, they need to win out, especially with NAU and Weber St ahead of them in the polls. Shouldn’t be a problem this week.
Eastern Washington Eagles 42 Portland State Vikings 24
23. Holy Cross Crusaders at Fordham Rams
Holy Cross continues their conquest to the 2009 Playoffs.
Holy Cross Crusaders 42 Fordham Rams 14
24. Liberty Flames vs. Presbyterian Blue Hose
Liberty isn’t really in the playoff discussion this year. Playing for pride and to get on a roll as the Big South autobid starts in 2010.
Liberty Flames 24 Presbyterian Blue Hose 9
25. Albany Great Danes at Central Connecticut State
The Battle For Who Should Be In The Bottom of the Poll. Is their a trophy for this game?
Central Connecticut State 35 Albany Great Danes 27